Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Allah would never give a single man two hearts

(Read 5896 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Allah would never give a single man two hearts
     OP - December 07, 2013, 03:18 PM

Yet it seems that a rare genetic defect can actually cause a person to be born with two hearts, as is the case with a man named George Lippert.

Do you realize what this means? There must be another God in the vicinity.
     Reply #1 - December 07, 2013, 03:30 PM

I actually looked at this as metaphorical, saying you can't not know what you know, you can't believe something you think is bullshit. But then that's my take as someone who doesn't come from an islamic background.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #2 - December 07, 2013, 03:37 PM

Toona opens a can of warms with this "Allah would never give a single man two hearts"

Yet it seems that a rare genetic defect can actually cause a person to be born with two hearts, as is the case with a man named George Lippert.

Well just to make readers know let me put that WORST worse of Quran here and why it was allegedly revealed., it comes out of that  "Surat Al-'Ahzab" chapter 33

"Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior. And He has not made your wives whom you declare unlawful your mothers. And he has not made your adopted sons your  true  sons. That is  merely  your saying by your mouths, but Allah says the truth, and He guides to the right  way."

That stupid verse was allegedly revealed by allah because our Mr. PBUH had HOTS for that lady  "Zainab" wife of his adopted son.

Prophet Muhammad(PBUH) & Zainab(RA) story

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - December 07, 2013, 03:57 PM

I actually looked at this as metaphorical, saying you can't not know what you know, you can't believe something you think is bullshit. But then that's my take as someone who doesn't come from an islamic background.

The thing is, the Quran always confuses the brain's functions with the heart's, so while yes, I agree that the point of the verse is mainly metaphorical, I do think that it is, in a sense, literal. Back in the day, a person with two hearts would be like a person with two brains. They would be technically two people in one body.

Moreover, some people think it's a Quranic miracle that people are never born with two hearts,  so...
     Reply #4 - December 07, 2013, 03:59 PM

I knew Saudi scholars who took that verse literally and said that any doctors claiming to have found two hearts in one body were lying. But I always understood it as metaphorical, essentially Mo's way of saying "the heart wants what the heart wants." In his case, I believe it was Zainab.
     Reply #5 - December 07, 2013, 04:01 PM

...Moreover, some people think it's a Quranic miracle that people are never born with two hearts,  so...

They didn't know they had "brain".  Well 1400 years back they didn't know lots of things.

And that is the good reason to excuse those folks., But I can not excuse educated fools in 21st century.  

Reply #6 - December 07, 2013, 04:05 PM

The thing is, the Quran always confuses the brain's functions with the heart's, so while yes, I agree that the point of the verse is mainly metaphorical, I do think that it is, in a sense, literal. Back in the day, a person with two hearts would be like a person with two brains. They would be technically two people in one body.

Exactly! What's the verse in surat al hajj, I believe, "So they may have hearts with which to reason or ears with which to hear." The entire quran shows that Mo was oblivious to the difference between the brain and the heart, which was a common misunderstanding then.
     Reply #7 - December 07, 2013, 04:08 PM

........, essentially Mo's way of saying "the heart wants what the heart wants." In his case, I believe it was Zainab.

I am curious here about the Age of Zainab when he married her.,  I know Our Prophet was over 54  but some say she was 19,  some say 35.  Also she was his cousin.

Reply #8 - December 07, 2013, 04:12 PM

Exactly! What's the verse in surat al hajj, I believe, "So they may have hearts with which to reason or ears with which to hear." The entire quran shows that Mo was oblivious to the difference between the brain and the heart, which was a common misunderstanding then.

Would it make sense to look at it as both literal and metaphorical? Oh and congrats on being a global moderator.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #9 - December 07, 2013, 04:13 PM

I just got switched from pub regular to ex-muslim for some reason.

Reply #10 - December 07, 2013, 04:27 PM

this verse has been presented to me as a scientific miracle. How could muhammed know that everbody has only one heart?
    I quickly found an example of somebody with two hearts. I think I actually found two examples.
    I was refuted by changing subject. Islam wins again
     Reply #11 - December 07, 2013, 04:55 PM

Roll Eyes

Reply #12 - December 07, 2013, 05:43 PM

this verse has been presented to me as a scientific miracle. How could muhammed know that everbody has only one heart?

Well if some one in 21st century presents a verse or a word of Quran as  scientific miracle, Then  it is not the fault of Muhammad(I don't believe such character existed) neither it is the fault of the writers/or the fault of those who collected Quran verses. But  It is the fault of these dawah/preaching robots that do not use their brain cells.

Any ways Quran uses the word "hearts" innumerable times for various reasons., but it only uses "Two hearts" in that particular verse.

Allah rants all over Quran

Allah has set a seal upon their hearts..

There is a disease in their hearts

We will cast terror into the hearts

We cursed them and made their hearts hard

But their hearts hardened

sets a seal on your hearts,..

"Heart" is every where in Quran but THERE IS NO "BRAIN" IN QURAN

Reply #13 - December 07, 2013, 08:19 PM

I just got switched from pub regular to ex-muslim for some reason.

Welcome, brother.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #14 - December 07, 2013, 08:25 PM

I knew Saudi scholars who took that verse literally and said that any doctors claiming to have found two hearts in one body were lying. But I always understood it as metaphorical, essentially Mo's way of saying "the heart wants what the heart wants." In his case, I believe it was Zainab.

What criteria did you use for determining whether a verse or hadith was to be interpreted literally or metaphorically ?   

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #15 - December 07, 2013, 08:25 PM

Remember brother, the sky Allah who is sat on his thrones believes that arms, hands and other body parts will speak on day of judgement. That the heart can think is no surprise for HIm.

Maybe we can see that Allah thought that the idea of BRAIN as the centre of thought processing and manufacture of sensation was too much for the desert people at the time. There is the verse of the 'forelock' though, He may have meant the prefrontal lobe or it may have been an Arab idiom at the time to refer to a shaming act. But knowledge of the expansion of space they could handle.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #16 - December 07, 2013, 08:32 PM

What criteria did you use for determining whether a verse or hadith was to be interpreted literally or metaphorically ?  

x = quran verse;

If (x = wrong AND/OR stupid){x = metaphor;}
         else {x = literal;}

Thats the muslim method anyway
     Reply #17 - December 07, 2013, 08:44 PM

Remember brother, the sky Allah who is sat on his thrones believes that arms, hands and other body parts will speak on day of judgement. That the heart can think is no surprise for HIm.

Maybe we can see that Allah thought that the idea of BRAIN as the centre of thought processing and manufacture of sensation was too much for the desert people at the time. There is the verse of the 'forelock' though, He may have meant the prefrontal lobe or it may have been an Arab idiom at the time to refer to a shaming act. But knowledge of the expansion of space they could handle.

Jedi..JEDI..  you are going in a wrong direction.   You always like to turn the plate on Allah and his book ..why? I ask you why?

when I said this

what I meant was,  that  plenty of times Allah uses the word "Heart" or hearts"  bu did not use the word  "Brain"    .. that is what i meant ... lol..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #18 - December 07, 2013, 09:18 PM

No. It means he's a Time Lord, of course. parrot

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #19 - December 07, 2013, 09:21 PM

Welcome, brother.

Lol at the very least you'd think I'd have to convert first.

Reply #20 - December 07, 2013, 09:27 PM

The CEMB gods have spoken. I am satisfied.

Reply #21 - December 07, 2013, 09:33 PM

It's actually the second time this has happened. Maybe it's a sign. Coincidentally both times have involved happymurtad. Maybe fate is bringing us together? Perhaps he is to be my wife?

Reply #22 - December 07, 2013, 09:43 PM

That is a wedding I would definitely be happy to see. I would cry, for sure. DA and I better hurry up and beat y'all to it.

Reply #23 - December 07, 2013, 09:43 PM

Jedi..JEDI..  you are going in a wrong direction.   You always like to turn the plate on Allah and his book ..why? I ask you why?

when I said this what I meant was,  that  plenty of times Allah uses the word "Heart" or hearts"  bu did not use the word  "Brain"    .. that is what i meant ... lol..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Because it is the greatest book in the world! When will people realise that when Allah meant brain he said heart and when Allahs says heart he means brain?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #24 - December 07, 2013, 10:16 PM

a person to be born with two hearts, as is the case with a man named George Lippert.

Reply #25 - December 07, 2013, 10:31 PM

Time Lords aren't human, strictly speaking, unless we're about to go seriously off-canon..
     Reply #26 - December 07, 2013, 10:40 PM

Any ways.,  to prove that Allah didn't know  or forgot about the  two hearts in some folks in  that  "Surat Al-'Ahzab" chapter 33

"Allah has not made for a man two hearts in his interior. And He has not made your wives whom you declare unlawful your mothers. And he has not made your adopted sons your  true  sons. That is  merely  your saying by your mouths, but Allah says the truth, and He guides to the right  way."

let us put some examples here..

Miracle of the girl with two hearts

Hannah Clark is a transplant patient with a difference: when she was two years old, she had to have an extra heart grafted on to her own. Jerome Taylor hears her story

life with two hearts

Man with two hearts survives double-sized attack

And read the discussion on on that two hearts verse

Reply #27 - December 07, 2013, 10:46 PM

Miracle of the girl with two hearts

quran says men not having two hearts. Not girls.
    You ex muslims are so desperate to find fault with the deen. You will regret this when you are in hell.
     Reply #28 - December 07, 2013, 11:52 PM

Cheesy  Cheesy Is this another one of those miracles from the man who is an expert at "boasting so much about so little"? Nouman Khan?

Reply #29 - December 07, 2013, 11:53 PM

I think it is metaphorical myself. This is probably similar to the verses that talk about "thinking from the heart".
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »