Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: London aims to become Islamic finance hub says Cameron

(Read 1778 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • London aims to become Islamic finance hub says Cameron
     OP - October 29, 2013, 05:48 PM

London aims to become Islamic finance hub says Cameron

LONDON: British Prime Minister David Cameron said Tuesday he wanted London to become one of the world's major capitals of Islamic finance as the city played host to the first World Islamic Forum outside the Muslim world. "Already London is the biggest centre for Islamic finance outside the Islamic world. And today our ambition is to go further still," Cameron told more than 1,800 political and business leaders at the ninth forum, dubbed the "Davos of the Muslim world".

"I don't just want London to be a great capital of Islamic finance in the Western world, I want London to stand alongside Dubai and Kuala Lumpur as one of the great capitals of Islamic finance anywhere in the world," he said.

"Investing in London is good for you and opening London up to your investment is good for us."

Sure All the heads and kings along with the opposition members  of Islamic nations should live in London  and spend their countries wealth in London. We have plenty from Land of Pure living in London  with villas.., off course they rule people  that live in rain and rain water  soaked houses..  Sure  Every year the leaders of these nations can borrow the money from world bank invest in London on their personal property and increases the sales taxes local folks for milk, gas, rice etc.etc.. to pay back to IMF and world bank.. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• London aims to become Islamic finance hub says Cameron
     Reply #1 - October 30, 2013, 04:56 AM

Pakistani politician’s London mansion becomes the talk of the town

A spokesman for the family, Mr Rashad Yaqoob, was critical of the judgment. He told The News that the Deutsche Bank entered into a binding contract to lend £66 million but in the event had loaned only £55 million. “The implication of this judgment is that the borrowers were committed - even though the Bank was not. This judgment flies in the face of the appeal courts’ direction of travel. The higher courts have increasingly stressed the importance of reviewing all the surrounding facts in interpreting the parties’ contract and of reaching a businesslike and commercial interpretation of the words they have used. We shall be seeking leave to appeal.”

The Deutsche bank wanted to recoup a £50m loan but the Khan family had launched a damages claim of around £60m from Deutsche. The bank initially agreed to pay £65m to the Khan family but withheld £10 million - the amount that is at the centre of the Khan family’s claim against the bank. Of the £55 million total loaned amount, the Khan family paid back £7m to the bank but the bank had added interest rate and wants £55 million from the Khans.

Senator Waqar had accused the Deutsche Bank, especially its private banker and Khan family’s trusted banker Nasim Ahmad, of cheating and defrauding him and four of his family members. He had alleged that despite signing the loan agreement, Deutsche unlawfully changed their mind to lend the full amount and then tried to cover up their mistake by sending one of their relationship managers - Mr Nasim Ahmad, a family friend of the Khans - to the family home of the Khans in Lahore to obtain signature of a document allowing the bank to reduce the amount to be drawn down by £11 million.

That is how  you make money in Pakistan's Politics .,  PAK Government gets loans  from IMF and Pak banks give loans to politicians., Politicians buy mansions in London and in other foreign countries  and these loans are written off ., but Pakistan pays back to IMF and world bank from its tax payers money..

Asif Zardari’s Assets in Pakistan & Abroad

A culture of corruption: Pakistani politics and the future of a nation

recent statement coming out of Switzerland, it was stated that Pakistanis had close to US$97 billion deposited in Swiss accounts.

SAMAA News Beat: Mehran Bank Scandal & Money taken by Politicians of Pakistan 09 March 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13owWzSc_vs

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »