Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Blogblogblog

(Read 27949 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #210 - March 23, 2014, 03:22 PM

Afro good post! I just hope you'll be free to make your own decisions soon. Don't waste your youth. I would do anything to be 23 again and livefar away hug

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #211 - March 23, 2014, 03:26 PM

...she was allowed to struggle.

This is just so beautiful and really describes what it's about. A lot of Muslim women and especially converts talk about how they are tired of "competing" and trying to "make it" in the world, how wonderful it is that Islam just gives you everything and explains what role you are to take on. You don't have to wear make-up or dress up or whatever. But what most don't think about it, at least you are allowed to chose whether or not you want to do all that, while Islam restricts your choices. You can chose Islam, but once you've chosen there is no room for anything else.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #212 - March 23, 2014, 09:26 PM

Welcome back. Get on Skype more, or at least PM me more often. Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #213 - March 31, 2014, 11:17 AM

^aye, aye, captain! As soon as things get a little less busy!

Thanks, Cornflower! Smiley I remember hearing all about how Islam frees women from having to compete. Screw that! That's a part of life. I'm convinced Islam has always been in the business of babying women, making them dependent and stunting their growth so they'll never have to fend for themselves.

Updated!

http://exhijabi.wordpress.com/2014/03/31/the-inequality-of-modesty/#more-294

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #214 - April 04, 2014, 01:56 AM

I am going to have to catch up on my day off.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #215 - April 06, 2014, 06:25 PM

no problem. take your time  Wink

Updated!

http://exhijabi.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/someday/

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #216 - April 06, 2014, 06:28 PM

wonderful, again

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #217 - April 06, 2014, 08:05 PM

no problem. take your time  Wink

Updated!

http://exhijabi.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/someday/

Just read your latest post. 

You are an amazing writer ! 

Why the hell did I wait so long before clicking on your blog.  banghead 

Once I get stuff out of the way I'm going to read your entire blog with a bag of popcorn.    popcorn

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #218 - April 08, 2014, 01:29 PM

Wow  Huh? I thought EVERYONE at CEMB read ex-hijabi's blog. She's awesome!

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #219 - April 08, 2014, 02:00 PM

I read two of the posts and now I feel sad    Cry   

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #220 - April 08, 2014, 02:36 PM

I told my husband the gist of ex-hijabi's blog one night. I am working on softening him up to vocal apostasy in other people (he's among those who say apostasy doesn't matter to him, but "saying things to insult the Islam" does), and I hope someday he'll actually read her blog, which is amazing, by the way.

I told him about the comment that was left on one of the articles asking her if she's going to show her body to all the men now and all of these stupid things (that he has kind of paraphrased before in other situations), and how she made a line from it her signature on "a website," and now it is the footer of everything she writes. He didn't say anything, but I saw the outline of him trying to contain a smile in the dark. Grin

One of these days, I'll make him read it and he'll fall in love with her. "God willing," anyway.
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #221 - April 09, 2014, 11:12 PM

You guys are the sweetest!  Kiss I need to log in more.

Cornflower and lua, we need to set up some sort of arrangement where you do publicity.  Cheesy And tell me what your husband says if he ever ends up reading it, lua!

No worries, Dark Rebel. And thanks! You, too, Billy!  Afro

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #222 - April 10, 2014, 03:01 AM

And tell me what your husband says if he ever ends up reading it, lua!

Oh, I will. He won't admit it, he'll never admit it, but if I know that man, he'll try to shrug it off, but very secretly grow fond of you. Grin
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #223 - April 18, 2014, 01:03 PM

Updated! http://exhijabi.wordpress.com/2014/04/18/pay-day/

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #224 - April 18, 2014, 01:26 PM

Wonderful as always! Hope your trip takes you somewhere nice.  Afro
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #225 - April 18, 2014, 01:56 PM

Afro good post! I just hope you'll be free to make your own decisions soon. Don't waste your youth. I would do anything to be 23 again and livefar away hug

What about 22?

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #226 - April 18, 2014, 02:03 PM

Ex-Hijabi is 23 now so there's the reference Smiley 3 years may not seem as much, but being 26 and looking back 3 years is everything.

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #227 - April 18, 2014, 02:08 PM

I smiled when I read this ex-hijabi, your feelings are so close to home Smiley
    Letting go and moving onto something new and unknown is scary

Maybe I will take this step with you

when I stop being a chicken about i t  Wink

But good for you for feeling ready

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #228 - April 18, 2014, 02:29 PM

Ex-Hijabi is 23 now so there's the reference Smiley 3 years may not seem as much, but being 26 and looking back 3 years is everything.

Angelic

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #229 - April 18, 2014, 04:05 PM

What about 22?

22 is the age I will get my freedom because it's the age I graduate uni. Thankfully I'm majoring in a subject that has a very high employment rate so as long as I get my shit together and put in effort into my academics and extracurriculars I should be able to land a decent job that provides me with enough income to live on my own.

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #230 - May 19, 2014, 03:12 PM

thnkyu

I swear I still update every week...  whistling2

thanks so much everyone! still saving up money, but I definitely plan on taking that trip sometime later this year.

anyways, updated!

http://exhijabi.wordpress.com/2014/05/19/everybodys-a-hypocrite-sometimes/

• Blogblogblog
     Reply #231 - May 20, 2014, 07:31 AM

Read your latest blogpost yesterday! I wonder what your friend will discover and will have to deal with after moving out. Islam doesn't really have a place for spontaneous and spirited girls like your friend.

A lot of what you write resonates with me (if I use that word correctly). I too am 23, studying at university, wear a hijab (which I've come to hate now) and can't wait to shake off these shackles so I can start living my life my way.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
  • Blogblogblog
     Reply #232 - February 09, 2015, 03:39 PM

I started reading Ex Hijabi's blog when I was still a guest on CEMB, and I thought her posts were lovely. Didn't get to read the last one posted here when I tried clicking on the links, and they brought me to a screen which said the blog had been deleted. Cry I hope she's OK.
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 8« Previous thread | Next thread »