Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Is Iran/Persia going to b...
by zeca
Yesterday at 11:23 AM

Best Quran translation ev...
May 19, 2024, 02:20 PM

Gaza assault
May 18, 2024, 03:37 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 18, 2024, 03:04 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
May 17, 2024, 08:33 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 17, 2024, 06:13 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 16, 2024, 02:05 PM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: happymurtad's new blog

(Read 10559 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #30 - November 08, 2013, 07:16 PM

Good stuff HM.
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #31 - November 08, 2013, 07:24 PM

Thanks. I struggle with this blog thing at times, particularly because there is no set audience. It is like just casting words out into the wind and hoping they affect someone somehow. I'm not sure of the most effective voice to take
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #32 - November 08, 2013, 08:00 PM

Seriously, just read it again. Another greatly perceptive piece of writing mate.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #33 - November 08, 2013, 08:03 PM

Thanks. I struggle with this blog thing at times, particularly because there is no set audience. It is like just casting words out into the wind and hoping they affect someone somehow. I'm not sure of the most effective voice to take

That's how you'll find your voice I reckon. Just get it down on paper and it'll come naturally and take shape itself. Throw the words down, don't hesitate. And whatever you write is brilliant and insightful and important anyway.

Reading the blogs at the exmna blog project is like drinking a cold glass of water after traipsing through a desert. Every one I read I'm thinking, yes, yes, this needs to be said, its spot on! So refreshing all of it.

God is Love.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #34 - November 08, 2013, 08:09 PM

Thanks Billy! That means a lot coming from such a passionate and insightful writer as yourself.  Smiley
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #35 - November 08, 2013, 08:12 PM

Afro

God is Love.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #36 - November 23, 2013, 02:35 PM

Updated with a new piece on Islam and civil, gender, human rights.

http://www.exmna.org/linguisticmiracles/2013/11/23/by-any-means-necessary-is-islam-a-means-to-human-rights/
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #37 - November 23, 2013, 03:03 PM

I am not even done reading yet, and I really want to make sure that you are compiling this all into one volume for the rest of us to hold in hand, keep on shelves, try not to spill coffee on, and otherwise cherish as a physical possession.
    Sign me up. Please. Thank you in advance for that, thank you now for this.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #38 - November 23, 2013, 03:12 PM

That's a thumping good one.  Afro

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #39 - November 23, 2013, 03:35 PM

That was an amazing read, happymurtad. I could read your blog all day.  yes

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #40 - November 23, 2013, 03:54 PM

Thanks guys.  far away hug
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #41 - November 23, 2013, 03:57 PM

HM, this anti-Islam propaganda will not continue. NOT UNDER MY WATCH!

I declare jihad on you brotha'!

Watcha gonna do brotha' when the Jedi comes lookin' for yooooooooooooou!?

(Fantastic work!)

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #42 - November 23, 2013, 04:33 PM

That was exactly how I saw it when I first read the quran.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #43 - December 23, 2013, 03:31 PM

Hearing Allah: Why acknowledging the Qur’an’s influence upon violent extremism is an important part of combating it.

Check out the latest piece here
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #44 - December 23, 2013, 06:30 PM

Bookmarking.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #45 - December 23, 2013, 08:12 PM

Hearing Allah: Why acknowledging the Qur’an’s influence upon violent extremism is an important part of combating it.

Thank you. I have been reading up on this lately. Nice work, I am happy to see something clear, and easy for non-Muslim comprehension.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #46 - December 23, 2013, 09:21 PM

more excellence

God is Love.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #47 - December 23, 2013, 09:33 PM

Afro

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #48 - December 29, 2013, 07:40 PM

I like your latest. It reads like a primer on why the Al Saud are still in power in Arabistan. Now I understand what DA means when he accuses me of "sounding like I learned Islam in Qassim".

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #49 - December 30, 2013, 07:02 PM

Ah, yes three. Thank you. I forgot to shamelessly plug the latest blog post here as well. It is regarding Saudi Arabia's (pretty successful) attempt to monopolize Islam.

Allah's Kingdom

In all honesty, I had wanted to make it a little more personal. I wanted to talk about the beady eyed bearded wackos I met from Qassim one night in Makkah who were basically telling me I should have killed my Jewish friend in elementary school. I wanted to talk about the discrimination I personally witnessed with my own two eyes against the Shia pilgrims who would come to Madinah to pray. I saw salafis kicking them in their heads as they prostrated in sujood at the Prophet’s mosque. And I wanted to talk about my landlord in Madinah, a Saudi of Turkish descent, who completely loathed the Saudi regime and would talk fndly about the days before all the desert Arabs settled in Madinah in the 60s and 70s. I noticed that each of those sub stories would have made the blog way too long though, so I sufficed with a general description.

In any event, I’m glad you liked it.
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #50 - December 30, 2013, 07:10 PM

It is regarding Saudi Arabia's (pretty successful) attempt to monopolize Islam.

Allah's Kingdom

...beady eyed bearded wackos I met from Qassim one night in Makkah who were basically telling me I should have killed my Jewish friend in elementary school.....

..........I personally witnessed with my own two eyes against the Shia pilgrims who would come to Madinah to pray. I saw salafis kicking them in their heads as they prostrated in sujood................

Well I like every thing in that blog except.. the heading  Allah’s Kingdom: The Saudi regime’s attempted monopoly over Islam That I am going to change it to 

"What is Saudi Arabia? Allah’s Kingdom: Or the Arabian Baboon Kingdom  monopolizing over Islam?"

I am going to change here and there in that blog and pass on to to many with a link to your blog happymurtad.. 

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #51 - December 30, 2013, 07:12 PM

Cheesy I love you, yeez.
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #52 - December 30, 2013, 09:15 PM

PM.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #53 - December 31, 2013, 03:56 AM

I wonder if the judge who will be sentencing is aware of the significance of "strike in the neck".

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #54 - December 31, 2013, 03:59 AM

Have you come across scrivener?  It is a very useful way to manage subplots etc, and allow you to write them out in detail.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #55 - December 31, 2013, 09:16 AM

Ah, yes three. Thank you. I forgot to shamelessly plug the latest blog post here as well. It is regarding Saudi Arabia's (pretty successful) attempt to monopolize Islam.

Allah's Kingdom

In all honesty, I had wanted to make it a little more personal. I wanted to talk about the beady eyed bearded wackos I met from Qassim one night in Makkah who were basically telling me I should have killed my Jewish friend in elementary school. I wanted to talk about the discrimination I personally witnessed with my own two eyes against the Shia pilgrims who would come to Madinah to pray. I saw salafis kicking them in their heads as they prostrated in sujood at the Prophet’s mosque. And I wanted to talk about my landlord in Madinah, a Saudi of Turkish descent, who completely loathed the Saudi regime and would talk fndly about the days before all the desert Arabs settled in Madinah in the 60s and 70s. I noticed that each of those sub stories would have made the blog way too long though, so I sufficed with a general description.

In any event, I’m glad you liked it.

Don't do that to me! Please write those out! Such personal stories are like food..

My mother in law, who was elderly, was invited to a social meal during an Umrah trip with the local women. These women would not deign to speak to her, a guest in their home. Because she did not speak Arabi fluently, and because she did not wear henna (which her husband loathed the smell of). She was a sweet old lady. This was the first nail in the coffin of Muslim sisterhood, for me.

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #56 - December 31, 2013, 09:18 AM

Have you come across scrivener?  It is a very useful way to manage subplots etc, and allow you to write them out in detail.

Thanks for the referral!

• happymurtad's new blog
     Reply #57 - January 06, 2014, 04:03 PM

HappyMurtad has a blog? 

About damn time.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »