Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Imams in the UK agree to facilitate child marriage

(Read 4165 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Imams in the UK agree to facilitate child marriage
     OP - October 10, 2013, 01:44 PM

Documentary is viewable here for 28 days

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/exposure/series-20/episode-1-exposure-forced-to-marry

Religious leaders appeared willing to agree to perform underage marriages at some mosques across the UK, an ITV investigation has discovered.

Two undercover reporters called 56 mosques for Exposure to ask whether they would perform the marriage of a 14-year-old girl.

Two-thirds of those contacted refused to perform the marriage, and many of them made clear they found the request abhorrent. But 18 of the respondents spoken to agreed.

An undercover reporter called the Al Quba Mosque and Shahporan Islamic centre, in Manchester, posing as a single mother who wanted to have an Islamic marriage, known as a nikah, for her 14-year-old daughter.

The Imam at this mainstream mosque, with a congregation of one thousand, told her "that's not going to be a problem".

The Al Quba Mosque and Shahporan Islamic centre and the Imam were approached for comment but have not responded to the programme.

Around 400 schoolchildren – mainly girls from South Asian communities - are forced into marriage every year in the UK, according to official Government figures.

The vast majority of forced marriages of British children happen abroad, according to official statistics. But the Exposure investigation has been told by experts in the field that children as young as 10 are being forced into marriage in the UK.

"Meera" said she was married in the UK when she was 15-years-old.

She told the programme she found the experience so devastating that she has not been able to tell her friends or family, and she remains trapped in her forced marriage, 40 years on.

http://www.itv.com/news/2013-10-06/uk-imams-agree-to-perform-underage-marriages/

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #1 - October 18, 2013, 03:41 PM

Absolutely sickening.
     Reply #2 - November 06, 2013, 12:51 AM

Just posting this related piece of news here http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/girl-aged-14-became-pregnant-after-she-was-forced-to-marry-man-24-8922017.html
    Girl aged 14 became pregnant after she was forced to marry man, 24
    A 14-year-old girl from a Muslim family became pregnant after being taken to Pakistan by her father and forced to marry a man ten years older than her in “harrowing” circumstances, a High Court judge has said.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #3 - November 06, 2013, 01:27 AM

UK government needs to crack down on that if they aren't trying already...

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #4 - November 06, 2013, 01:32 AM

They are trying but there's only so much they can do.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #5 - November 06, 2013, 01:36 AM

The mosques found to be practising should be shut down permanently, the imams arrested and charged.

The imams photos and identities should be released to the public so they can be publicly shamed as an example for any other perverted imams thinking about marrying under age girls.

Thats the only way to stop this thing in its tracks.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #6 - November 06, 2013, 01:42 AM

Should be on the sex offenders list open for public viewing.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

Reply #7 - November 06, 2013, 01:46 AM

If they aren't citizens, or fuck it if they have duel citizenship, kick them the fuck out.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #8 - November 06, 2013, 01:52 AM

Don't know if it can be done if they have dual citizenship, but those fucks need to be kept away from people that actually want to be free of their sick traditions.

Reply #9 - November 06, 2013, 01:57 AM

It infuriates me when people who simply will not abide by our laws and go around spewing hate, abusing children, and blatantly breaking laws that are there for good reason are never thrown out.

Reply #10 - November 06, 2013, 01:59 AM

It is because of pure politics..and fear.

Reply #11 - November 06, 2013, 12:30 PM

is there another link? The website won't let me watch it.  Cry I assume it's because they're just jealous of my American awesomeness.

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
     Reply #12 - November 06, 2013, 01:27 PM

is there another link?  ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXL3W7GwNs8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ahwZrsoDyc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pl8AdKcZt0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx2SQRz3wVo

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #13 - November 06, 2013, 02:22 PM

yeah, I don't understand the last one, but thank you for the links.  Afro

The third one was heartbreaking when they suddenly took the women from her husband. I really wanted to see how it ended. I never knew the issue of forced marriages was this big in Britain. we hardly hear about it in America.

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
     Reply #14 - November 06, 2013, 04:24 PM

It happens often here, just not as many are underage so none reported.

Reply #15 - November 06, 2013, 10:15 PM

"It is legal"

Why not use religion as a tool to justify your sexual perversion?
     finmad
     Reply #16 - August 27, 2014, 04:32 AM

This documentary just aired in Denmark.

"The English forced marriages"

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #17 - August 27, 2014, 06:12 AM

Can only be viewed in Denmark

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #18 - August 27, 2014, 07:40 AM

Don't know if it can be done if they have dual citizenship, but those fucks need to be kept away from people that actually want to be free of their sick traditions.

I think it is possible and legal, it just isn't legal to leave a person stateless according to the European Human Rights rules.
     Reply #19 - August 27, 2014, 08:06 AM

Was the question asked to the imam about a 14 year old marrying 14 year old or was it a 5+ years, like 20 or even 40 year old? Because the former can be sen as no different for the imam than having boyfriend, just within Islam, with how they chose to live being an open to them. I was reading about cases in imams were performing nikahs with special contracts in which the couple would not be living together and living the kind of married life you'd imagine. Eitherway, a 14 year old shouldn't even go near such things called marriage.

Here is an example of Nikkah misyar https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Misyar

Some people consider that the misyar marriage can meet the needs of young people whose resources are too limited to settle down in a separate home; of divorcees, widows or widowers, who have their own residence and their own financial resources but cannot, or do not want to marry again according to the usual formula; and of slightly elder people who have not tasted the joys of marriage.

Its like muta' for Sunnis.

The more interesting thing would be if they specified the age of the man to something like an adult. In this case the imams who do accept such things should be punished with several years behind bars and the registration that child molesters have.
     Reply #20 - August 27, 2014, 11:21 AM

Was the question asked to the imam about a 14 year old marrying 14 year old or was it a 5+ years, like 20 or even 40 year old?

A 14 year old girl getting married to a 20 year old guy. But hinted to the imams that it wasn't in line with the 14 year old's own wishes for her future but rather the wish of the parents.

Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #21 - August 27, 2014, 11:38 AM

Just looked it up. Apparently Denmark does not have a hard lower age limit on marriage.
    jawdrop
    However to get married when you are below 18 requires a hard-to-get dispensation and it is not given in cases where one of the applicants is below 15 (age of consent here).

The law is from 1683 and back then a man had to be 20 and a women had to be 16 to be married without dispensation. Later it has been changed several times so in 1922 a man had to be 23 and a woman 21. In 1969 it was lowered to 18 for both. Also, in 1930 the age of consent was raised from 12 (!) to the current 15.

Reply #22 - August 27, 2014, 12:49 PM

15 years old is the age of consent in much of Europe. In Germany, it's 14 and in Spain 13 years.

A 14 year old girl getting married to a 20 year old guy. But hinted to the imams that it wasn't in line with the 14 year old's own wishes for her future but rather the wish of the parents.

Then he deserves prison time+registration.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »