Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Boardwalk Empire

(Read 10910 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #30 - July 21, 2014, 07:49 PM

I can't wait for it to start,its one of the shows that I'm anticipating to watch this year.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #31 - July 21, 2014, 10:13 PM

This season is going to be its last :(

And its only going to be 8 episodes long instead of the usual 12. :( :( :(

19:46   <zizo>: hugs could pimp u into sex

Quote from: yeezevee
    well I am neither ex-Muslim nor absolute 100% Non-Muslim.. I am fucking Zebra

• Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #32 - July 21, 2014, 10:16 PM

I'm sad it's the last because I really enjoy this show. I'm still upset about Richard... *sigh*

turnipovich
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #33 - July 22, 2014, 09:18 AM

Mia, you have to get over Richard's death eventually, it's been almost a year  Cheesy

J/k, I'm still very sad too.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #34 - August 16, 2014, 10:49 PM

Mia, you have to get over Richard's death eventually, it's been almost a year Cheesy

J/k, I'm still very sad too.

My heart will forever be broken sad

3 more weeks until BE! I hope Richard comes back as a zombie or a vampire... sad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDRcAWjyUYM

turnipovich
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #35 - September 16, 2014, 09:59 AM

Watched the first episode yesterday. I really liked it.

HAHAHAHAHA THAT SCENE AT THE BANK WTF! It was so predictable and yet so shocking, I think I screamed! I'm going to miss this show <3

Also gutted that Rothstein is dead. He was my favourite character.

Also I thought Masseria's death was pretty underwhelming. Oh well!

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #36 - September 16, 2014, 10:09 AM

This is still my rainy day show. I look forward to starting it when I have fuck all to do and am going mad with boredom.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #37 - October 19, 2014, 09:41 AM

Anyone watching the last season? I think it's pretty fucking awesome so far. A damn shame there's only two episodes left.

I think both Van Alden and Chalky's deaths were well done. VA went out being crazy Nelson all over again and his death handed the ledgers to the feds, so basically he brought Al Capone down by acting nuts. <3 And the last scene of the latest episode with Chalky's death was just beautiful. I cried. 

I read a theory online that the kid whom Mickey Doyle hired to work for Nucky is Tommy Darmody (Jimmy's son) and I think it's very likely. It didn't occur to me that Tommy would be so old now because I forgot about the time jump, but it holds up. When he walked into Nucky's room I did kinda see Jimmy in his face.

Speaking of face, how fucking awesome is their casting for young Nucky? Holy shit that actor is brilliant! He captured Buscemi's mannerism and tone so well.

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #38 - October 22, 2014, 01:18 PM

So I'm on my own in this thread, aren't? Cheesy

Another great episode. So sad that it's over next Sunday. The flashbacks, especially, although they were heartbreaking.

RIP Mickey Doyle. And shut the fuck up :D The real star of the episode was fucking Bugsy Siegel! Why the hell did they give him barely 2 minutes on screen for the few episodes he appeared in? The character is pure gold!

I liked that they made it out that Nucky killed Maranzano. Very curious to see how the whole thing will end. Historically we know that Luciano and Meyer are at the beginning of their mob glory, and the guy they based Nucky on will go to prison eventually, but who knows how the writers will play that out. Also excited about Al Capone's arrest!

About the flashbacks again: it's strange how this show, although it features violent deaths and mobster wars in almost every episode, was always kind of light and entertaining. Until they show you scenes that hint at pedophilia, and then it all becomes incredibly dark.

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #39 - October 22, 2014, 01:22 PM

Ok, is this show good? Should I start it?
    Is it worth it?
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #40 - October 22, 2014, 01:25 PM

happymurtad apparently loves it, therefore I have high expectations. I'm saving it for when I have nothing to do and need something to starve off the boredom.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #41 - October 22, 2014, 01:30 PM

Ok, is this show good? Should I start it?
    Is it worth it?

It is pretty good, yes. You'll love it if you like ensemble casts, period costumes, mobsters and good writing. And Steve Buscemi Smiley It's kinda like the Sopranos set in the 1920's, I guess.

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #42 - October 22, 2014, 01:31 PM

happymurtad apparently loves it, therefore I have high expectations. I'm saving it for when I have nothing to do and need something to starve off the boredom.

Yeah I'm disappointed HM doesn't seem to be watching this season  Tongue

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #43 - October 22, 2014, 01:47 PM

It is pretty good, yes. You'll love it if you like ensemble casts, period costumes, mobsters and good writing. And Steve Buscemi Smiley It's kinda like the Sopranos set in the 1920's, I guess.

Will start it. Seen the trailer. Looks interesting.  dance
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #44 - October 22, 2014, 02:00 PM

Yeah I'm disappointed HM doesn't seem to be watching this season  Tongue

Hah! Yeah, you’re right! I haven’t begun watching this season yet. I need to get caught up soon!
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #45 - October 29, 2014, 01:22 PM

Well, it's all over now. I loved the finale. There were some very poignant moments

such as the scene between Al Capone and his deaf son on the ever of the former's arrest. It hit me because one of my favourite scenes in the show is when Capone goes into his son's room and plays the banjo (or was a mandolin? I can't remember) and sings that song "My Buddy". It stayed with me. 

But of course the scene that takes the cake is the final one. The parallel between Nucky's original sin of delivering poor Gillian to that fucking dirtbag Commodore in order to get ahead in life, and the confrontation with Tommy Darmody (so it was him, after all), the last member of a family that Nucky destroyed, which ends with Nucky's death.

I am going to miss this show a whole damn lot.

Surely life is too brief
  • Boardwalk Empire
     Reply #46 - December 18, 2014, 07:37 PM

Anyone watching the last season? I think it's pretty fucking awesome so far. A damn shame there's only two episodes left.

I think both Van Alden and Chalky's deaths were well done. VA went out being crazy Nelson all over again and his death handed the ledgers to the feds, so basically he brought Al Capone down by acting nuts. <3 And the last scene of the latest episode with Chalky's death was just beautiful. I cried. 

I read a theory online that the kid whom Mickey Doyle hired to work for Nucky is Tommy Darmody (Jimmy's son) and I think it's very likely. It didn't occur to me that Tommy would be so old now because I forgot about the time jump, but it holds up. When he walked into Nucky's room I did kinda see Jimmy in his face.

Speaking of face, how fucking awesome is their casting for young Nucky? Holy shit that actor is brilliant! He captured Buscemi's mannerism and tone so well.

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

I love that part where Chalky told Narcisse that "aint nobody free* which shook him a bit because he knows that's the truth considering his new beef with the comission".

the last three episodes were great as they set the beginning of the end for Nucky Thompson who has escaped many assassination attempts before. Right after Sally was killed and Joe Kennedy rebuff his offer for legitimate business partnership, he knew his end is near and there is nothing he can do about it hence his leaving his stock winnings to his brother and his family and setting up a trust fund for Gillian as his way of compensation to his thinking when all she wants is an apology and his help to be released not money but as Margaret puts it succintly to Nucky  "It's not in your nature to apologise".so of course we wouldn't expect that from him. Great ending and im going to miss the show :'(

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »