Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Science On Creationist Definition Of Kinds

(Read 9251 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Science On Creationist Definition Of Kinds
     Reply #60 - September 08, 2013, 04:39 PM

It certainly did for me. Well, sort of. People around me don't really understand. I sometimes feel like doing dawah for evolution.

Don't read all those science books bro, you'll just get more confused.

That's funny. The more science I read, the less confused I get.
     Reply #61 - September 08, 2013, 04:40 PM

on the left says that evolution is all good, apart from humans.
    the woman on the right tries to say that mitochondrial eve and y chromosome adam sort of might correlate with adam and eve, which is really strange because she is actually some kind of scientist. She gets it all completely wrong.

Mitochondrial Eve came thousands of years before Chromosome Adam.

She sounds like a creationist scientist. This is the typical mistake creationist make.
     Reply #62 - September 08, 2013, 06:46 PM

Exactly. The same is true for Qadhi's ridiculous argument. It will be used to keep less informed muslims shackled in the mental bondage of Islam when evolution can and should serve as a key to liberation.

You just inspired me to write a short story. Once upon a time on a planet far far away there was a race of beings ruled by demon Princes. The Princes' feared progress and so weaved ancient magics to halt evolution. For untold eons the mortal beings of that world lived in fear of the demons, of the chains and the  whips.

One day a child was born. He was a little different from the rest. He imagined. He dreamed. The demons learned of this and feared him. Armies of demons were sent by one Prince after another to find him and kill him, but the child could imagine and dream. He outthought the demons. Everywhere he went he created art and music. He asked questions. The more questions he asked, the more he dreamed, the more the demons feared. The weaker the magic became. Until eventually the mortal beings of that world began to shake off the spells.

The demons grew weaker as the mortals looked around them and wondered. Creativity, once unknown, began to take hold. Secretly at first, art and music flourished. The mortal beings began to aspire to greater things, and the demons grew weaker still.

Desperate and fearful, the Princes' made one last attempt to keep their rule, but it was too later. The magics were weak and they broke. Evolution took hold and the demons greatest fear came to pass. Mortals began to progress.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #63 - September 08, 2013, 07:09 PM

I like that story...and think that people like Prof. Jackson are part of that process. Change is gradual.

Think about this. Some Muslims will not accept evolution no matter what. Some may accept a 'Islamicised' evolution and others may accept it for a while and then consider how ridiculous the Adam & Eve story is.

People like Jackson and others are not keeping Muslims ignorant or in bondage. That's a silly accusation. Atleast, they are opening doors for discussion. Rather than lament this, this should be celebrated. The next step would be to say, okay since the common descent theory is a fact, how can the Adam and Eve story (two uniquely distinct humans) be maintained?

But this discussion can only move forward once people know that evolution is a fact. And once they accept this fact you can go on to correct misconceptions or challenge misrepresentations of that theory or any other myth associated with it.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #64 - September 08, 2013, 07:16 PM

it is one way to look at it, but on the flip side, others are on the verge of leaving Islam, and a realisation that they weren't lied to at school could easily be the last straw, and a push back into abyss is pretty much what jackson is doing.
     Reply #65 - September 08, 2013, 07:20 PM

I disagree to certain extent, my esteemed Jedi. The bondage here is not merely a bondage of ignorance regarding evolution but the entire bondage of fear, superstition, archaic rules and backwards practices, misogyny, xenophobia, social pressures, shame, and false expectations that come along with the package of Islam. If the idea of "Allah the creator" falls, then so does all of the rest of the nonsense.

By giving muslims a reason not to doubt the Islamic narrative of the world and our place therein, people like Qadhi and Jackson are serving to maintain the status quo, whether they realize it or not. In Qadhi's case, I'm certain he does realize it. His strategy seems very deliberate and very dishonest to me.
     Reply #66 - September 08, 2013, 07:25 PM

Nice story
     Reply #67 - September 08, 2013, 07:25 PM

HM, brother from another mother, I don't even know what it is that Prof. Jackson has said that got people upset and questioning her.

If people can give me a quote then fine.

I'm sorry Miss Jackson....I am for real!

I never said Qadi or Qadri accepted evolution. SO that's him out of the picture.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #68 - September 08, 2013, 07:27 PM

That was the point I tried to make. When I wrote about the demon Princes' fear, I said it was progress. When I said evolution, I meant as a people, as a society. The enlightenment would be a good analogy. Moving beyond superstition and terror, not just evolution in biological terms.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #69 - September 08, 2013, 07:28 PM

'Demon Princes'

Nice juxtaposition.

Reply #70 - September 08, 2013, 07:50 PM

God created the possibility of sin. Humans got so carried away with it that it has driven a wedge between us and God. Christ gave himself up on the cross to bring reconciliation between us and God.

This is the part that really gets me. Saying we were created with the possibility of sin is confusing when the christian idea of sin IS human nature. So we're wicked because of our god given nature. We need to be saved and forgiven for being the way god made us to be. It's intellectual stupidity that degrades us as a species.

Never got a reply to that.

Reply #71 - September 08, 2013, 07:59 PM

We can only CHOOSE to worship God if we have free will.

We can only have free will if there is a choice between good and evil.

Therefore, God has to not only create sin but a sinful impulse for us to overcome in order to receive Him.

Reply #72 - September 08, 2013, 09:30 PM

Never got a reply to that.

Because I don't have much of a response.
     Reply #73 - September 08, 2013, 09:43 PM

Fair enough.

Reply #74 - April 19, 2014, 01:49 PM

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

"This is the only heaven we have how dare you make it a hell" Dr Marlene Winell
     Reply #75 - April 19, 2014, 01:53 PM

^ The last panel is my life. It snowed in Kentucky this year, and all of my cousins took their mouths from their bourbon jugs to make snide jokes like "Well where is your fancy global warmin' now, Obama?"
     Reply #76 - April 19, 2014, 02:00 PM

*inception face palm*
    Even the movie Day After Tomorrow can be sufficient to explain that shit despite the fact it's a  HOLLYWOOD movie

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #77 - April 19, 2014, 02:25 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbim8lUJFqs#aid=P9X8teUmLzA

"I Knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then." Alice in wonderland

Reply #78 - April 19, 2014, 02:37 PM

It is funny because without global warming and greenhouse effects from gases like C02, life couldn't even exist on Earth. What a bunch of idiots.
     Reply #79 - April 19, 2014, 02:40 PM

this argument Im coming across lately a lot (found in the video above)

2+2=4 therefore god

what the hell?  wacko

Reply #80 - April 19, 2014, 02:53 PM

2+2=5. Why? 2 and 2 make 22 . The 22th letter of the alphabet is V; V is a Roman number which is 5. Zing!

God:1
    Atheists:0
     Reply #81 - April 19, 2014, 03:03 PM

2+2=5. Why? 2 and 2 make 22 . The 22th letter of the alphabet is V; V is a Roman number which is 5. Zing!

yap...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXhbThOITLQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYrgjMubh-c

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #82 - April 19, 2014, 07:58 PM

Now that's a dawah argument right there.

• Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »