Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ladies List of things to do after leaving Islam

(Read 34948 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ladies List of things to do after leaving Islam
     Reply #90 - December 29, 2013, 11:21 PM

No worries. Smiley

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #91 - December 30, 2013, 02:23 AM

It's quite an annoying walk really, I remember my mother yelling at me when I was 8 or 9 years old for walking "inappropriately".
    Also the older ladies (the ones whom are generally heavier) tend to walk like penguins.
    The latter type is quite unhealthy, causes a restriction where the cartilage sort of hardens and hips screw up.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #92 - December 30, 2013, 02:36 AM

I remember someone telling me, "People will think you are Hindi, you cannot walk like that!"
    It seemed impossible to me, to identify a religious orientation by a gait.
    But now I get it. I can identify lots of things by how someone walks.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #93 - December 30, 2013, 02:43 AM

Awesome link there.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

http://sinofgreed.wordpress.com/
     Reply #94 - December 30, 2013, 02:51 AM

^^
    Gladly!  yes

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #95 - December 30, 2013, 02:56 AM

I was just on that website yesterday! What a coincidence. So many jewels there. So many jewels. I especially love b) Not intermingling with men in such way that their bodies come in contact or that men touch women, as happens so often today in movie "heaters, university classrooms, auditoriums, buses, streetcars, and the like

Sooo, basically, women, stay home.

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
     Reply #96 - December 30, 2013, 03:03 AM

Yeah.. I remember being taught about the gaze thing when I got much older in Egypt. Reminds me of Korea, China, and Japan. It's a general thing done to show modesty and respect to those with higher authority.

"Work without hope draws nectar in a sieve, and hope without an object cannot live." -Coleridge

Reply #97 - December 30, 2013, 03:05 AM

Actually, if you ever want to get pissed about misogyny outside of Islam, play a game called Analog: A Love Story.

Reply #98 - December 30, 2013, 03:08 AM

Woah.

From all this we know that Islam does not require, as some people claim, that a woman should remain confined to her house until death takes her out to her grave. On the contrary, she may go out for salat, for her studies, and for her other lawful needs, both religious and secular, as was customary among the women of the families of the Companions and the women of later generations. Moreover, this early period of Islam is considered by all Muslims to be the best and most exemplary period in the history of Islam. Among the women of this time were those who took part in battles in the company of the Prophet himself (peace be on him), and after that under the caliphs and their commanders.

Muslim women went to battle in the early days? This deserves another thread.

Reply #99 - December 30, 2013, 03:14 AM

http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/umm_umarah.php

Yes. I would read this stuff and think what I was taught was messed up and really far from Sahaba, but there is much more on "stay in the house" than there is on this. I suppose it is mostly crowded out of memory. Unless there is an isnad issue. I can see that happening.

But putting a sword into a horse, not easy.

Reply #100 - December 30, 2013, 03:17 AM

And for god's sake don't show respect for a woman by looking her in the eye and shaking her hand. They have cooties.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #101 - December 30, 2013, 03:18 AM

Quod, that is not respect. That is a marriage proposal.

Reply #102 - December 30, 2013, 03:19 AM

.......................how many husbands do I have?!?!

Reply #103 - December 30, 2013, 03:23 AM

I suppose that depends on how many have accepted. Did they go get their Wali? Did you have to give your father's name?
    I think you should make a list.

Reply #104 - December 30, 2013, 03:24 AM

Haha I don't even have my father's name. My surname is my mother's.

Reply #105 - December 30, 2013, 03:32 AM

I love how all of these rules are taught to us as if they apply to both men and women, but we know that it is stressed on women to uphold. The article quoted a hadithe intended for men and turned it around to telling women what to do.  Roll Eyes

Woah.

Muslim women went to battle in the early days? This deserves another thread.

Yeah, I heard about that, too. I wonder how much they did, though, and how often they fought, and how everyone else felt about it? Was it normal? Expected? Or was it just reserved for a choice few?

"so now, if you leave (Allahu A?lam is you already have) what will u do??? go out and show ur body to all the men??? sleep with countless men?? maashaAllah if you think think this is freedom or womens right then may Allah guide you to that which is correct."
     Reply #106 - December 30, 2013, 03:33 AM

Haha I don't even have my father's name. My surname is my mother's.

But specifically I did not ask you that. If you had a nikkah, you should give your father's name, whether you share it or not.

Reply #107 - December 30, 2013, 03:38 AM

Nikkah isn't actually the word for marriage right? Something important for the actual marriage?

Reply #108 - December 30, 2013, 03:46 AM

I think it's the contract you sign?

Reply #109 - December 30, 2013, 03:57 AM

Nikkah isn't actually the word for marriage right? Something important for the actual marriage?

Your confirmation with the Imam that you are who you say you are, and entering into a marriage contract. Done different ways, but it is the most important part, in my view, as it is the legal bit, Islamically. Maybe others will weigh in on if they have used it for some other meaning.
    In my opinion, if it is missing, there is no marriage.

Reply #110 - December 30, 2013, 04:00 AM

Right you are, three.

Reply #111 - December 30, 2013, 04:01 AM

My understanding was that you couldn't have a marriage without Nikkah, is that wrong?

Reply #112 - December 30, 2013, 04:07 AM

Well, not an Islamic marriage. So yes, you can, just don't expect the Muslim community to acknowledge it.
    I have heard funny stories about huge weddings planned and come to the day to realize everyone forgot the Imam and the actual contract and the Wali is having a nap and etc. So all the celebrations are put on hold, because you cannot send a bride with her husband's family without this taking place prior.
    Probably in many countries it is a separate thing from the wedding celebration.
    Like getting a marriage license, or registering it, would be in the States. Not celebratory, but rather the legal aspect.

Reply #113 - December 30, 2013, 04:13 AM

Ah, yes,  I meant it for the Islamic marriage. My friends who have already gotten married refer to the nikkah as them getting engaged (even though they're married Islamically) and then date their husband until the wedding day months later. I don't know how common that practice is though.

Reply #114 - December 30, 2013, 04:24 AM

Fairly common I think. But most do the dates where family members have to be around or something. Never alone even then.

Reply #115 - December 30, 2013, 04:33 AM

Oh the image that gives.

Reply #116 - December 30, 2013, 04:41 AM

Fairly common I think. But most do the dates where family members have to be around or something. Never alone even then.

But, why? According to Islam, they're allowed to be alone once they get the Nikkah done. Why bring family along?

Reply #117 - December 30, 2013, 02:08 PM

Because you can still get dumped during an engagement, or the man could die, and you and he may have had sex unchaperoned, whilst only engaged, meaning you are a woman of loose morals, and can't be trusted anymore.

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #118 - December 30, 2013, 02:57 PM

A lot of my friends would get their nikah done months before the wedding so they date in a halal wa alone.

Yes as a new muslim I found it inspiring that the women fought as well

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #119 - December 30, 2013, 03:00 PM

In Britain you used to be married by the woman and the man saying to each other "I marry you".  No witnesses, laws, priests etc.  Various complexities and state and church march in.

Reality in Britain is that any muslim ceremonies and vast feasts are just fluff.  The only real bits are a registry office or licenced place or anglican ceremony.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Previous page 1 2 3 45 6 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »