Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ladies List of things to do after leaving Islam

(Read 34914 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ladies List of things to do after leaving Islam
     Reply #30 - August 25, 2013, 08:48 PM

I just can't bring myself to eat ham!  piggy

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #31 - August 25, 2013, 09:00 PM

One time I had a bacon sarnie and I hadn't eaten pork meat in several years and it actually made me sick to my stomach.

I still won't eat pork chops or more than a small slice of ham but DAMN, I LOVE bacon!!!   piggy

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #32 - August 25, 2013, 10:00 PM

I worked as a waiter and I can't stand the smell of bacon! Is it psychological or am I being silly?

This is for you Nour Big hug

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #33 - August 25, 2013, 10:55 PM

Thank you, Jedi.  thnkyu

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #34 - September 28, 2013, 03:13 AM

Put on chapstick - in public
    Paint your daughter's nails
    Brush your hair- by the window
    Run while outside
    Yell across the playground to your children in full volume
    Speak to a man in public for no good reason at all
    Read/watch whatever you want
    Use your tasbi/dhikr beads as a bracelet, better yet: CUT OFF THE TASSLE

Getting crazy here. Next thing you know, I will suggest joining an ex-Muslim forum...

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #35 - September 28, 2013, 03:33 AM

Cheesy Classic.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #36 - September 28, 2013, 03:44 AM

As someone who has grown up eating pork (ex-Christian here, Christians don't give a fuck)
    and I can tell you pork isn't anything special. I still prefer fish and chicken the best
    but there is something about bacon! Bacon tastes completely different from
    different kinds of pork like sausages.

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #37 - September 28, 2013, 11:17 AM

Hello,
    does any one know a thread if any existing yet about "list of things for gents to do" after leaving islam.  Huh?
    Thanks.
     Reply #38 - September 28, 2013, 12:47 PM

No, so make one.  Afro

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #39 - September 28, 2013, 05:05 PM

Contact sports.

Is that not covered by ...

Find an atheist, a pagan or a jew, and do the sexy with them, you are a woman, this is disgusting, you must do this.

Reply #40 - September 28, 2013, 05:07 PM

Maintain your self respect.

Reply #41 - September 28, 2013, 05:19 PM

And pray tell, how would she do this?  I'm sensing you have some ideas, and are able to explain how she would lose her self respect etc, so enlighten us.

Personally I think self respect is a feeling you have for yourself, I have a strong feeling that the sort of respect you are talking about, is not self respect, it is the respect of others, which is nothing to do with the self. 

A woman could sleep with as many men as she wanted and still have self respect, she might not have your respect, or other people's respect, which is based on their own ideas of what is worth respect or not, but she could have it for herself.

Maybe I am wrong, maybe your vague comment with no explanation of what exactly you mean by self respect has nothing to do with what I believe it does....but I don't think so.  I think I sense quite well what it is you are suggesting.

Reply #42 - September 28, 2013, 05:40 PM

A woman could sleep with as many men as she wanted and still have self respect, she might not have your respect, or other people's respect, which is based on their own ideas of what is worth respect or not, but she could have it for herself.

Self-respect is based upon a perception of ones self worth. Respect for your mind, body and how you interact in society.

I'm not a relativist in that I think that society can have all sorts of different levels of 'self-respect'. Both men and women should respect their bodies and not sleep with as many people as they want.

Neither am I a totalitarian in that I think we should dictate that men and women should not be able to have sex with as many people as they want.

However, I'd rather live in a society in which sexual restraint was considered more worthy and reflective of one's self-respect than one in which women would 'sleep with as many men as they want'.

Have sex because you respect your partner, it is a consensual relationship and you wish to control your body. But sex for the sake of sex...I just don't get it. It's an emotional, spiritual experience. To debase it is to miss out on one lifes greatest pelasures.

Making love should never be about 'how many'. Sex isn't a sport were you rack up points or try to get goals. It leads to objectification and dehumanisation. We are more than a penis/vagina.

Extremities are never a good thing. Sexual repression is just just as bad as  sexual 'come and have a go' liberation.

Reply #43 - September 28, 2013, 06:23 PM

Then you merely confirm my point, your idea of self respect is based on what you believe gives someone that, so in your world self respect is gained through some sexual code.

But that is about yourSELF, to suggest that someone following your code gives them that self respect is wrong, all it does is give them your respect, which again, is not self respect.

Self respect is subjective, and it is in the realm of the individual to decide how they believe they have fulfilled that for themselves.

Reply #44 - September 28, 2013, 06:35 PM

Self-respect is based upon a perception of ones self worth. Respect for your mind, body and how you interact in society.

I'm not a relativist in that I think that society can have all sorts of different levels of 'self-respect'

Those two statements are contradictory. If self-respect is based upon a personal perception of one's self worth, then wouldn't that be entirely relative to what each individual deemed to be 'self-respect' and indeed 'self-worth'?

Basically what Berbs said.

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #45 - September 28, 2013, 07:55 PM

There is no contraditcion.

People will have their own idea of 'self worth' and then there will be social norms and values related to self-worth.

I differentiated between the two. The Self and the Societal. The two are different.

One is based upon One's own expectations and reflection whereas the other is based upon a collective conscience which though may be hard to define and empirically assess (trust me as the positivists have tried hard to do), exists in subtle forms in some societies and more direct forms in others (as interpretivists such as Weber pointed out).

I'd rather live in a society or espouse views conforming to a society in which a particular behaviour mechanism is preferred over another. Everyone does this on all sorts of issues e.g. rape, gun crime, schooling, religion....the list goes on.

This does not mean that everyone will agree or that as autonomous beings some will have to forsake their identity to tacitly consent to such a thing. It's what I prefer because that's what I think self-respect involves particularly in relation to sex and how one relates to other members in society.

As social creatures human interaction is at the heart of everything and the values and norms we espouse is a reflection of how much we value or devalue soemthing. Where this may not be achieve enmasse at the micro level it can be maintained by idnividuals/groups condoning/condemning/non-committal on certain behaviours or expression of ideas.

Reply #46 - September 28, 2013, 08:07 PM

Rock out to AC/DC. Shoot to Thrill motherfuckers Punk

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #47 - September 28, 2013, 08:14 PM

Rock out to Sex Pistols. I Wanna Be Me cunts Punk

Reply #48 - September 28, 2013, 08:14 PM

Rock out to Rage Against the Machine. FUCK YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!!! Punk

Reply #49 - September 28, 2013, 08:16 PM

^^^^^^^

You're too nice a guy to do that.

Let's all do teh hokey cockey instead!  dance

Reply #50 - September 28, 2013, 08:18 PM

Rock out to AC/DC again. An animal, living in a human zoo! Living like a Christian, living in a cage! If you want blood, you got it!!! (just substitute christian for muslim) Wink Punk

Reply #51 - September 28, 2013, 08:21 PM

AC/DC?

Mor like B21!

Have you ever listened to Banghra music?

Reply #52 - September 28, 2013, 08:29 PM

Rock out to Cradle of Filth. Twixt Her cold, silent hips I kissed - Yes, a song with poetically worded erotica. Children of the Night! Gothic poetry! Take that mum and dad.Punk

Reply #53 - September 28, 2013, 08:30 PM

Have you ever listened to Banghra music?

I'm not sure, any recommendations?

Reply #54 - September 28, 2013, 08:33 PM

Knock yourself out mate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1ADzG8V_mA

Reply #55 - September 28, 2013, 08:42 PM

Ohh, believe it or not I do occasionally listen to Bollywood type songs.

Reply #56 - September 28, 2013, 09:05 PM

Do you dance to them and sing around trees out in public and expect everyone else to know the dance moves?

(Wasn't this once upon a time a ladies thread?  lipsrsealed)

Reply #57 - September 28, 2013, 09:13 PM

Actually I do sometimes sing in public to the embarrassment of friends. The cool ones don't get embarrassed and sing along Cool

Reply #58 - September 29, 2013, 12:13 AM

It seems that after leaving Islam, the gents can invade the ladies thread and vice versa.  Oh, and the men all become strangely obsessed with cats.   cool2

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #59 - September 29, 2013, 12:15 AM

Discuss the fuckability of Cat Stevens Cheesy

• Previous page 1 23 4 ... 7 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »