Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What is the most disturbing thing you're ever read/watched? (Fictional)

(Read 31584 times)
  • Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What is the most disturbing thing you're ever read/watched? (Fictional)
     Reply #30 - July 25, 2013, 09:43 PM

^ So happy to see someone who loves the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre! It's by no means a perfect film, but Tobe Hooper did one hell of a job crafting an atmosphere of pure horror and visceral terror. Definitely some of the most lurid, macabre, and gruesome imagery I have seen in a film, which is why it's one of my top horror movie picks.

Another favorite (disturbing) film of mine is the 1983 Videodrome, which is honestly so bizarre it's somewhat pointless to try and describe what it's about. On the surface, it's a film about snuff films, but in reality it's a 90-minute journey into the depths of sex, depravity, violence, sadomasochism, Western culture, fantasy versus reality, and indulgent excess. Most scenes in the movie made me cringe, and were in some way horrifying or disturbing or grotesque but always fascinating. Definitely give this film a watch.

And if we're on the topic of disturbing, the 2002 Japanese horror film Suicide Club is also on the list. I didn't really like this film, and it's not that great, but it gets highly disturbing at times (especially near the end), and I do have to give the filmmakers credit for its unique style (even if it never coalesces into anything worthwhile). The film's opening scene features a group of 50 schoolgirls who line up along the platform at a train station, chatting jovially with one another, then fall dead silent as the train approaches and leap in unison onto the tracks. Afterward, a spate of mass suicides breaks out all over Tokyo, and things get a lot more weird and disturbing than people simply committing suicide en masse.

I've heard about A Serbian Film but have yet to see it myself. It's on my list of things to watch.
     Reply #31 - July 25, 2013, 10:51 PM

Has anyone watched "Human Centipede", I was hoping not to be the one to bring it up, it's appalling in more ways than one. I turned it off before they got into the business end of it. However curiosity got the better so I read the complete summary on IMDB just to find out how it all went down. The only other movie I remember putting off in recent times was one called "Antichrist", the block of wood followed by bj scene continues to haunt me to this day.
     Reply #32 - August 08, 2013, 11:16 AM

I saw Human Centipede, was expecting it to be better. Thining about watching the sequel now.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #33 - August 09, 2013, 12:42 AM

I get the feeling that surprise factor is very important in making a particular work of fiction or art particularly disturbing.

Don't think I've really ever been scared of anything that I've read a plot synopsis of beforehand, which is pretty easy to get a hold of these days on the internet. Bit of an accomplishment these days not to get spoiled.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #34 - August 13, 2013, 09:30 AM

Legend of the Overfiend. First saw this about 13-14. Demons, manbeasts, a hellish god, and so much rape. Watch while you're all alone in the middle of the night. Have tissues ready if it's your thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wps6SjI7hNI

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #35 - August 13, 2013, 03:12 PM

What is the most disturbing thing you're ever read/watched? (Fictional)

Quran_chapter 66   AT-TAHRIM (BANNING, PROHIBITION)

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #36 - August 13, 2013, 11:57 PM

Shelter starring Jonathan Rhys Meyers really creeped me out for some reason hiding

I also read a story in The Bloody Chamber by Angela Carter called The Snow Child where the King created a girl, then she died after "pricking her finger" on a rose and then he raped her corpse whilst his Queen was right next to him. I think, because it's an adult adaptation of Snow White, it made it a lot more weird than if it was just some random story.

free |frē| - Not under the control or in the power of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
     Reply #37 - August 14, 2013, 01:40 AM

I was sent this once. Cringe worthy and bile inducing.

http://www.mediaminer.org/fanfic/view_ch.php/67662/214365#fic_c
     Reply #38 - August 14, 2013, 03:10 AM

Life.

Some of the seats are just ridiculous though. Guess I should be glad I'm not in one of the shadier rows.  hiding

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #39 - August 14, 2013, 10:15 PM

Legend of the Overfiend. First saw this about 13-14. Demons, manbeasts, a hellish god, and so much rape. Watch while you're all alone in the middle of the night. Have tissues ready if it's your thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wps6SjI7hNI

Just watched it, and found it rather tame, tbh. I was expecting something like the eclipse episode at the end of Berserk so was pretty well prepared for the graphic shit. Tbh that was probably the most disturbing thing in an anime I've seen as unlike this bullshit story, in that one you actually have characters who are developed over many episodes and you actually grow to give a shit about them, giving the demonic horror of their fate that much more impact.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #40 - August 14, 2013, 10:20 PM

Eh, I was a kid, it was the middle of the night, I'd never seen anything like it so for that reason I'd class it as an oldie but a goodie.

Reply #41 - August 14, 2013, 10:25 PM

Well iirc I was squarely in the adult age range when I saw the Eclipse episode in Berserk, and it disturbed the shit out of me. Couldn't sleep for days. So yeah, I think you have me beat on that front.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #42 - August 14, 2013, 10:30 PM

Never seen it, no links?

Reply #43 - August 14, 2013, 10:52 PM

Fiction - the scene in The Ring, (Japanese version), where she comes out of the telly.

Non-fiction - 1 Lunatic, 1 Ice Pick. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #44 - August 14, 2013, 10:55 PM

Trying to decide if I should post Shigurui links. The scene with the dad trying to have sex with his daughter is one of the things I remember most.

Reply #45 - August 14, 2013, 10:59 PM

Lol, feel like this thread should already be moved to the NSFW Rant Arena section.  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #46 - August 14, 2013, 11:05 PM

Nothing would stop his squeezing and sucking those titties. Though to be fair he was in a senile state at the time. The daughter crying no would of been painful if it wasn't a cartoon. Sorry, anime. Don't want the purists screaming at me.  Wink

Reply #47 - August 14, 2013, 11:12 PM

Let's not and say we didn't.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #48 - August 14, 2013, 11:31 PM

Never seen it, no links?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb6u-JvhK_c

First sub I found on youtube. Don't remember if I originally watched it subbed or dubbed, but either way it's fucked up.

Kinda doesn't do justice to the impact if you haven't seen the other 24 episodes though. Also there's a manga that's like the definition of epic, and continues well past the depressing, disturbing ending of the anime, so there's definitely that plus.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #49 - August 15, 2013, 11:19 PM

Speaking of anime, what about Elfen Lied? You've probably already seen it though.

"If a monster existed, it was buried deep within."
     Reply #50 - August 15, 2013, 11:28 PM

Wouldn't class Elven Lied as disturbing, but I found the first two episodes of Attack on Titan unsettling.

Ep 1 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og5wTzVAiVw

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_7TC6pMKXY

Ep 2 Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuoZ_6mDPfY

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKfGSmj1KM

Reply #51 - August 15, 2013, 11:34 PM

I just recently came across this movie  and what is most distrubing about it is not the sexual violence or the torture scene but that it is all well documented by authetnicated historical texts. How humanity stooped so low and is still capable of such depravity to this day is stupyfying.

May Allah Reason, Evidence and Logic guide us all.

Mark of the Devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDJPG-AkDAg&list=HL1376609513

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #52 - August 15, 2013, 11:44 PM

Mate, nice find. I could never appreciate these kinds of movies as a child, but I'm  discovering them as an adult.

Reply #53 - August 16, 2013, 12:00 AM

I know what you mean Quod...the haunting music at the beginning really hits a nerve and sets the tone for the rest of the movie.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #54 - August 16, 2013, 01:40 AM

Cathy Ames from East of Eden by Steinbeck. I have never been as frightened by a character in a work of literature as I have by her.

At evening, casual flocks of pigeons make
    Ambiguous undulations as they sink,
    Downward to darkness, on extended wings. - Stevens
     Reply #55 - August 16, 2013, 02:35 PM

The child-catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUnhfvGdmmw

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #56 - August 19, 2013, 10:28 PM

Why has no one else posted after me. It is sad to be the last one to post on a thread like this. I mean it is sometimes  great to have the last word in contentious opinion threads rather than threads such as this. It's like I killed that conversation dead. maybe you are all too young to remember Chitty Chitty Bang Bang as kids in the seventies (even though it was made earlier) but the child-catcher gave every kid nightmares. I just don't think the makers knew how sacry he would be too little kids, it's not as if you PG in those days. I think the only thing similar would be those kids who might have bben scared by the flying monkeys and/or the witch.

The child catcher was really really scary, they used to put that movie on every Christmas in the seventies and he still gave me shivers, third, fourth time round. So if the question is what was the first thing that scared the shit out of ya, this was it, say age 5, though The Blob (Steve McQueen)from the fifties which I must watched at 7 ended with the blob being dropped into one of the polar seas but after it says THE END, at the end, the blob reappears as a big question mark. That did freak me out - like shit it still could be about!

ETA - if nothing else you could jest with ancient people and tell them 'I bet you were scared by the child-catcher in CCBB. Lol

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #57 - August 20, 2013, 06:48 AM

Carrie, the original film. Couldn't find the original unfortunately but here's the 2002 version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j9djHZdt0A

And yes the child snatcher is creepy as fuck.

Reply #58 - August 21, 2013, 01:03 AM

Definitely not the most disturbing, but pretty good contender, and awesome, so awesome !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QFwo57WKwg
    And contrary to all appearance it's not from Japan, it's from France dance.
     Reply #59 - August 21, 2013, 02:15 AM

Ahh, we're doing music videos are we? Try this. Full screen. With the lights off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfI7gSO-Fgc

• Previous page 1 23 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »