Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 11, 2024, 06:33 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
May 10, 2024, 12:51 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 10, 2024, 09:41 AM

New Britain
May 08, 2024, 07:28 AM

General chat & discussion...
May 08, 2024, 07:16 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 07, 2024, 04:01 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mehdi Hasan

(Read 5528 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Mehdi Hasan
     OP - July 08, 2013, 06:34 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9tNyp03M0

Compare what he said at 13:00

to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q

Startling hypocrisy

Don't read all those science books bro, you'll just get more confused.

That's funny. The more science I read, the less confused I get.
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #1 - July 08, 2013, 06:36 PM

Can't view the video right now. Could you give some cliffnotes?  thnkyu
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #2 - July 08, 2013, 06:38 PM

Its par for the course.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #3 - July 08, 2013, 06:39 PM

at 13:00 he speaks of bigots and haters and phobes ( his opponents at the debate) wanting to split people into 'them and us'

In the 2nd vid he speaks of how rules should not be bent as that owuld be tantamount to living like 'the rest of the non-muslims' like animals bending rules to fulfill desires.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #4 - July 08, 2013, 06:40 PM

It's being posted by Muslim friends on FB loads. I just want to post the second vid and point out his hypocrisy but fuck rocking the boat.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #5 - July 08, 2013, 06:42 PM

Come on, you know if you're a believer you're allowed to think and say what you want about others. Like I said, its par for the course.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #6 - July 08, 2013, 06:45 PM

I just want to post a long rant about everyone's delusion but alas, I can't. I look at Islam as a lifestyle and it doesn't seem the worst way to live a life. It's just the absurd beliefs that come with it plus the darker side. Even my own family don't have a full understanding of everything and tweak things here and there to suit them.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #7 - July 08, 2013, 06:48 PM

at 13:00 he speaks of bigots and haters and phobes ( his opponents at the debate) wanting to split people into 'them and us'

In the 2nd vid he speaks of how rules should not be bent as that owuld be tantamount to living like 'the rest of the non-muslims' like animals bending rules to fulfill desires.

Typical petit-bourgeois leftist. Why anyone has time for him is beyond my comprehension.

I'd rather him go and hang out with his tory chums (not because I think labour is a representation of leftist solidarity) but because I know a few muslims very much on the left of the political spectrum who vouch for him and his unscrupulous inanities.

Also, there's enough Mehdi Hasan criticism on this forum. I don't understand why he's constantly resurrected as a beacon of islamic intellectual perspicacity. We can do better, guys.

Out with the public polemicists, in with the soft-spoken academics.
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #8 - July 09, 2013, 07:57 AM

What infuriates me more than Mehdi Hassan's shameless hypocrisy is the fact that he is given a platform at a debating society as prestigious as the oxford union.

There should be no room for nutcases like him in academic circles.

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #9 - July 09, 2013, 08:06 AM

What infuriates me more than Mehdi Hassan's shameless hypocrisy is the fact that he is given a platform at a debating society as prestigious as the oxford union.

There should be no room for nutcases like him in academic circles.

Rebel you always think like a rebel, places like Oxford have much smarter people at its helm..  

They are giving platforms to fools like this  Mehdi Hasssan so that rest of the world  can see,  how stupid these so-called elite Islamic intellectuals are..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #10 - July 10, 2013, 02:36 PM

Well Oxford Union have given a platform to hate preachers like Malcolm X, Nick Griffin & Zakir Naik before so why are you surprised that they had no problem with Mehdi?
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #11 - July 10, 2013, 03:28 PM

Well Oxford Union have given a platform to hate preachers like Malcolm X, Nick Griffin & Zakir Naik before so why are you surprised that they had no problem with Mehdi?

Hmmm.  ...Hate preacher Malcolm-X ... Yap.. long way to go..

Anyway serpentofeden., we need to go bit deeper about why people preach hate or preach Love., Is there are good reason for them to do either hate or love.  So we can not superficially analyze everything black and white and dump all of them together..

Anyways you do have point w.r.t Oxford Union  giving platform to hate preachers and love preachers. It is all about freedom of expression and I fully support it.

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #12 - July 12, 2013, 12:08 PM

I am not sure if this has been posted before or elsewhere.

taken from "islam is a peaceful religion".

http://youtu.be/Jy9tNyp03M0

Your thoughts?
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #13 - July 12, 2013, 12:13 PM

regurgitated apologists arguments

YAWN
  • Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #14 - July 12, 2013, 12:20 PM

I am not sure if this has been posted before or elsewhere.

taken from "islam is a peaceful religion".

http://youtu.be/Jy9tNyp03M0

Your thoughts?

well that heading should be "Muslims are Peaceful people "

• Mehdi Hasan
     Reply #15 - October 26, 2014, 09:49 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJzb-YR7nwo

that guy  Mehdi Hasan never read Quran...  he  didn't know Quran has  verses on  6 days creation.. see him say that at 3.06 -07 sec..  He fooled that Non-Muslim Dr. Dawkins   with these words "Islam doesn't teach that world is created in six days."

(1) Your Guardian-Lord is Allah, Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority): He draweth the night as a veil o'er the day, each seeking the other in rapid succession: He created the sun, the moon, and the stars, (all) governed by laws under His command. Is it not His to create and to govern? Blessed be Allah, the Cherisher and Sustainer of the worlds!  (  Al-Araf, Chapter #7, Verse #54)

(2) Verily your Lord is Allah, who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is firmly established on the throne (of authority), regulating and governing all things. No intercessor (can plead with Him) except after His leave (hath been obtained). This is Allah your Lord; Him therefore serve ye: will ye not receive admonition?  ( Yunus, Chapter #10, Verse #3)

3).  He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days - and His Throne was over the waters - that He might try you, which of you is best in conduct. But if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death", the Unbelievers would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious sorcery!"  ( Hud, Chapter #11, Verse #7)

4). He Who created the heavens and the earth and all that is between, in six days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): Allah Most Gracious: ask thou, then, about Him of any acquainted (with such things).  (Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #59)

(5) It is Allah Who has created the heavens and the earth, and all between them, in six days, and is firmly established on the Throne (of Authority): ye have none, besides Him, to protect or intercede (for you): will ye not then receive admonition? ( As-Sajda, Chapter #32, Verse #4)

(6) We created the heavens and the earth and all between them in six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us. (Qaf, Chapter #50, Verse #38)

7).  He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six days, and is moreover firmly established on the Throne (of Authority). He knows what enters within the earth and what comes forth out of it, what comes down from heaven and what mounts up to it. And He is with you wheresoever ye may be. And Allah sees well all that ye do.  (  Al-Hadid, Chapter #57, Verse #4)

Rascal should read Quran every day....

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »