Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107058 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 18 19 2021 22 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #570 - November 30, 2015, 02:00 AM

In all seriousness though the argument I often hear from Muslims in England is "But it's so hard to prove! How likely is it that 4 people would actually see it happening?". They forget that the weak and underprivileged have been forced to make false confessions and 4 "witnesses" could conspire together to help their friend or relative get rid of their spouse.

I think conspiracy is a good word to sum it up. The sickest stoning I've seen was a father who watched these extremists stone his daughter to death. It was a dark video. The daughter was saying, "I love you father. I repent. Please don't let me go through this. Have mercy on your daughter." She was extremely calm and appealing. Not even emotional. The father was acting self-righteous for the camera saying, "This is Allah's Law. I have no say in the matter. You are a sinner." And did not even look at her.

The stoners hugged the father after it was all over and said "May Allah reward you."

It all just seems like there's more behind the scenes beyond the act. Like as if the father didn't want his daughter in his life anymore. Just a feeling I got reading in between the lines.

Horrific, dark, and sad.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #571 - November 30, 2015, 05:31 AM

On a happy note,

I just want to say that I've read this thread from beginning to end, and just let everyone know on this forum that I love you.

You guys cracked me the hell up, and I thought I was the only one in the world that enjoyed the humor that you guys displayed.

It was like Jannah on Earth. I couldn't stop laughing.  Cheesy

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #572 - November 30, 2015, 07:44 AM

My posts were the best right?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #573 - November 30, 2015, 07:58 AM

Quod,

I really want to meet you one day.  yes

We share the same humor. They were definitely the best. Had me cracking up the whole time.

Reply #574 - November 30, 2015, 09:27 AM

I think conspiracy is a good word to sum it up. The sickest stoning I've seen was a father who watched these extremists stone his daughter to death. It was a dark video. The daughter was saying, "I love you father. I repent. Please don't let me go through this. Have mercy on your daughter." She was extremely calm and appealing. Not even emotional. The father was acting self-righteous for the camera saying, "This is Allah's Law. I have no say in the matter. You are a sinner." And did not even look at her.

The stoners hugged the father after it was all over and said "May Allah reward you."

It all just seems like there's more behind the scenes beyond the act. Like as if the father didn't want his daughter in his life anymore. Just a feeling I got reading in between the lines.

Horrific, dark, and sad.

No way, that's awful :(
     Reply #575 - November 30, 2015, 12:16 PM

Quod,

I really want to meet you one day.  yes

We share the same humor. They were definitely the best. Had me cracking up the whole time.

In the meantime we can skype if you like.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #576 - November 30, 2015, 03:48 PM

I'm really bad with Skype. I've tried it several times, and I end up just having one conversation and then abandon it all-together  yes

Plus, your avatar adds humor to your posts. I keep thinking you look like that when you are really saying something. So if I see you, it might strip the humor in your posts (sounds weird I know.  Cheesy)

Reply #577 - November 30, 2015, 04:25 PM

Well, if you change your mind let me know.

Reply #578 - November 30, 2015, 04:54 PM

Keep posting the Ummah forums so we can have a laugh. lol

Reply #579 - November 30, 2015, 06:09 PM

Seeing one part of Allah's law alive in some fashion makes me incredibly happy, and it makes you sick?

Your post makes me sick. Fix your mentality, stoning is the law of Allah. And stoning is beautiful. Subhanallah, all adulterers deserved to be stoned to death

Disturbing.
     Reply #580 - November 30, 2015, 06:42 PM

The guy that posted that was definitely an extreme salafi.

I remember sitting through mundane 2 hour classes, justifying the beauty of stoning while taking notes.

Boring and horrid classes. I could never be proud of saying, "it's beautiful" to another person even though the speaker kept saying, "It's a mercy from Allah and we should never be ashamed of stoning."

Reply #581 - November 30, 2015, 07:38 PM

ohmy
     Reply #582 - November 30, 2015, 07:44 PM

The funny part is when he tried to train us to appeal to the kuffar, "So next time you see your non-muslim neighbor, clarify the virtuous act that was sent down by Allah swt, so that it gives them the idea that we don't have a connection with the dunya."

Right.. As if that was applicable advice..

Reply #583 - November 30, 2015, 07:56 PM

I could never bring myself not to feel shame when explaining stoning to non-Muslims. After a whole it became too much and I just stopped believing in it, reassuring myself that it wasn't in the Quran anyway.
     Reply #584 - November 30, 2015, 08:05 PM

It seems as though most of the strict Salafis on UF have username starting with "Abu".

Such as Abu Mubarak, Abu Najm, Abu Fulaan, Abu Kamel etc.
     Reply #585 - November 30, 2015, 08:13 PM

Abu Mubarak is a watered down salafi that just runs his mouth/keyboard, but for sure he supports extremist ideas.

How do I know? He talked trash about me before because I chose not to support the takfiri ideology. There are 3 different types of takfiris.

1. A takfiri that carries out the actions of extremism
    2. A takfiri that spends all his energy promoting extremist ideas (but never takes action.)
    3. A watered-down dilly-dally so-called "Salafi" that sympathizes with takfiris on forums all day

He's number 3.

But yeah I see what you mean by "Abu" and it runs the same for the "Umm." Whenever I see "Umm" I put a red flag in my mind because they seem to be the catty extremist women that want their voices to be heard.

Reply #586 - November 30, 2015, 08:20 PM

Yup, a lot of the Umms and Oums on that forum are pretty terrible as well.

Number 3 is pretty much the majority of Salafi men I have known throughout my life.
     Reply #587 - November 30, 2015, 08:32 PM

I remember way back when

Before my salafi and then further extreme salafi phase,

I was pretty "moderate" in beliefs (didn't really care about sharia law at all, as long as we focused on "imaan.")

I saw an "Umm" online and she would post the sunnah online and found it very appealing.

I made a huge mistake and asked her online if could talk to her father so I could get married (I know, typical muslim guy.) But I felt I had great intentions because I wasn't being perverted.. I just thought she was wonderful to put up so much work.

Big Mistake.  Tongue

She accused me of harassing her. Wouldn't leave me alone. Her supposed "dad" came online and told me to be more Islamic and support people like Osama Bin Laden etc.

After I left her alone, she could not stop refuting every little thing I had to say.. Then she got her niqabi friends to stalk me as well and say cruel shit to me.

What a nightmare off a simple online marriage proposal done out of stupidity.

A simple "No thank you" would have sufficed.

Reply #588 - November 30, 2015, 08:38 PM

Woah...that's pretty insane.

I wonder if that dad and those friends were the same people as her under different usernames Tongue
     Reply #589 - November 30, 2015, 08:44 PM

I had a strong suspicion that it was the actual "Umm" back when I was a naïve muslim. I'm pretty sure that it was looking back at it. They typed the same. Not only that, this account was asking weird questions to see if I knew fluent Arabic, how much money I had, and if I would support Osama Bin Laden ideologies.

After I said that I wasn't fluent in Arabic, didn't have THAT much money, and didn't support Bin Laden, the "online father" suddenly kinda disappeared without saying anything else. lol

Reply #590 - November 30, 2015, 09:01 PM

Yup, almost definitely her then  Cheesy
     Reply #591 - November 30, 2015, 09:16 PM

Narrated 'Aisha:

I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it (water spots were still visible).
    ---
    I remember going to the biggest salafi conference in America, and I was so excited. I had my pen and pad ready to take notes..

And the first lecture was on this hadeeth. I felt like a balloon that deflated. The speaker went on and went about how important this is in our lives.. And that even in one instance, Aisha and the Prophet didn't have water to wash the semen off, so she rubbed it off with her thumbs/fingers.

The speaker went on screaming, "Nowadays you have women with evil intentions that would say 'eww!' to this idea. But this is proof that Allah is revealing that the semen is clean!" This rant went on for 45 minutes.

He went on scolding the women for not liking the idea of semen being on the clothes and how they were too modernized.

This was a punch to the gut for me, but I didn't want to admit it. Even my rationale back then was kicking in.  mysmilie_977

Reply #592 - November 30, 2015, 09:38 PM

Evil intentions? That's harsh  Shocked

Didn't know that drops of semen could inspire such passion. Admittedly I used to read those Hadiths as a 12 year old, curious about the sexual content  Tongue

Lol I am no stranger to be yelled at and admonished from the men's section about how we women are ungrateful, rebellious, manipulative, disobedient, sly, vindictive and the list goes on and on.

One of the first things I learned about as a child going to halaqas was that a man could hit his wife lightly with a miswaak. They sure waste no time with that one!

Reply #593 - November 30, 2015, 09:39 PM

Come on, brother. You should know that tahara is fundamental, as without it we cannot complete our ‘ibadah. Mankind was only created to do ‘ibadah. So fear Allah and contemplate the wisdom of Aisha rubbing cum with her fingers.  MashaAllah.
     Reply #594 - November 30, 2015, 09:42 PM

lmfao happymurtad.. Your humor and Quod's are the best. I can't be as funny as you guys, but I love seeing you guys post.

"One of the first things I learned about as a child going to halaqas was that a man could hit his wife lightly with a miswaak. They sure waste no time with that one!"

I was always curious if women talked about that. Did the husbands actually hit them lightly with a miswak? Would you hear stories?

I came from the masjids where the wives covered up their bruises and the men would treat it as "sinful behavior" and say they had a short-coming.. But never take it that seriously.. Very sad.

I would even see scars on the muslim kids, and I knew they were being beaten.. One time I confronted a 40 year old man getting in another child's face as if he was dealing with a gangster

Reply #595 - November 30, 2015, 09:52 PM

Come on, brother. You should know that tahara is fundamental, as without it we cannot complete our ‘ibadah. Mankind was only created to do ‘ibadah. So fear Allah and contemplate the wisdom of Aisha rubbing cum with her fingers.  MashaAllah.

Cheesy Cheesy
     Reply #596 - November 30, 2015, 09:55 PM

lmfao happymurtad.. Your humor and Quod's are the best. I can't be as funny as you guys, but I love seeing you guys post.

"One of the first things I learned about as a child going to halaqas was that a man could hit his wife lightly with a miswaak. They sure waste no time with that one!"

I was always curious if women talked about that. Did the husbands actually hit them lightly with a miswak? Would you hear stories?

I came from the masjids where the wives covered up their bruises and the men would treat it as "sinful behavior" and say they had a short-coming.. But never take it that seriously.. Very sad.

I would even see scars on the muslim kids, and I knew they were being beaten.. One time I confronted a 40 year old man getting in another child's face as if he was dealing with a gangster

They never admitted to it but I would always hear "not sure if I can go, I have to ask my husband first" or "My husband won't let me...."

Child abuse was definitely a problem, I would witness it frequently with my own eyes. Don't know if I ever could forget, as much as I would like to.
     Reply #597 - November 30, 2015, 11:43 PM

Thread on rape victims:
    Now, we're talking.

If she was out clubbing and got gang raped, in my personal view, it would be her fault, or at least partly. In this case, the husband has an actual justification and sensible reasoning as to divorce her.

No man wants a wife who calls attention, then wants support after facing the consequences.

So my answer is no. It would not be harsh to divorce a woman who calls attention to herself.

BTW, a woman going down the wrong lane (unsafe), does not count as "calling attention".

furious

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?458590-Female-victims-of-rape/page2
     Reply #598 - December 01, 2015, 12:45 AM

I can't believe she said that. It makes me think randomly think about India and Pakistan for example.

I've always wondered why Indian men and Indian women have so many issues with each other.. And why there's an uprise of Indian/Pakistani women marrying outside their race...

I think Islam mixed with cultural practices of those countries has men and women think that way (of the forum post.) I'm not being racist, but pointing out what I see. I'm sure it happens in other countries too. It's also combined with them not being educated. "Oh she went to the club, she's a slut that probably wouldn't mind being gang-raped."

One can make the same argument and say, "Americans think this way too" but it's more derogatory in those countries.

I'm a brown guy too, and when I was muslim, I always felt a little shame in liking a brown girl that had western values, because these brown girls had a certain stereotype of brown guys in their minds.

Reply #599 - December 01, 2015, 01:13 AM

I'm not as familiar with South Asian culture so can't comment but this is something I have also heard from female friends of mine from over there. It was not too different in Saudi Arabia though; there was one time during which a story went viral about a girl who was raped by her boyfriend and his driver. Most if the people at school were of the opinion that she deserved it for having a boyfriend in the first place!
  • Previous page 1 ... 18 19 2021 22 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »