Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107169 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #540 - November 19, 2015, 07:30 PM

Eh, it's his life.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #541 - November 19, 2015, 07:36 PM

That's true, if Islam makes people happy then I'm not one to hope that they lose their faith (provided that they're harming no one). I do not even want that for my own Muslim family members.

On the other hand it's sad when people apostasise (as lots of converts eventually do) and realise that they have wasted years of their life.
     Reply #542 - November 19, 2015, 07:38 PM

People more knowledgeable on the matter than me have said it's a revolving door with converts. You agree?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #543 - November 19, 2015, 07:47 PM

In some cases, yes. The issue is that some converts get little support from the Muslim community, depending on where they live. Then there's the pressure from their families and trying to keep up with a way of life that is so different from what they used to. There are some who turn to extremist beliefs to fit in with the Salafis or similar groups and others who just drift away but may or may not come back.
     Reply #544 - November 19, 2015, 11:49 PM

Ugh!

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?446770-Allah-s-Command-for-Women-to-Remain-Firmly-within-Their-Homes

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #545 - November 19, 2015, 11:57 PM

Yeah, that Umar user is a nasty piece of work. Moreover he's still a kid, which makes him more obnoxious and unlikeable.
     Reply #546 - November 20, 2015, 12:51 AM

My thoughts exactly.  I feel sorry for his sisters if he has any. 

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #547 - November 28, 2015, 01:38 AM

So I saw this thread and wondered if at ummah.com there is a thread called "Have You Been to councilofexmuslims.com?"

And... yes there is... and oh man the responses are a must read.

Reply #548 - November 28, 2015, 01:39 AM

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?390263-I-have-joined-a-forum-called-council-of-ex-muslims-to-see-what-they-re-up-to

Reply #549 - November 28, 2015, 01:41 AM

they have to get a fatwa from their shaykhs to see if they can head on over.  Roll Eyes

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
     Reply #550 - November 28, 2015, 01:47 AM

They tell each other to tread lightly when visiting CEMB.

Reply #551 - November 28, 2015, 01:50 AM

ummah forum = a pile of dog crap with flies

Islamic awakening forum = a pile of dog crap with flies + cow diarrhea + camel vomit

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
     Reply #552 - November 28, 2015, 02:25 AM

ummah forum = a pile of dog crap with flies

Islamic awakening forum = a pile of dog crap with flies + cow diarrhea + camel vomit

^ Lame

You are being the embodiment of what all Ummah users describe ex-Muslims as.

Reply #553 - November 28, 2015, 02:34 AM

I don't really care.

Who cares? No one is going to score brownie points with them. Doesn't matter how kind or nice you are.

Reply #554 - November 28, 2015, 10:50 AM

Going to quote the OP in case ummah hides it.

Question about Islam (I'm very disgusted)

Hello,

Recently I came across this in Islam, and it literally blew my mind. I can't explain how disgusted I am by this, and anyone in the right sense of mind will agree with me. Basically, this is from the "Commentary of al-Qurtubi" on Surah 33:50. In this commentary of his, he outlined 16 privileges Muhammad alone was given, and one of the 16 privileges (the 10th one) says: If Muhammad looks at a woman (and desires her) then it is necessary for her husband to divorce her and for Muhammad to marry her.

Also, just to mention, this is authentic, because as any Muslim would and should know, al-Qurtubi is one of the most known and credible commentators on the Quran. So, this is not false information, it is true. In fact, I even tried to find a Muslim's view on this on the internet, and on Answering-Christianity, one of the writers did not say this is wrong (so indeed it is true). He simply shrugged it off by saying that there's nothing wrong with such special privileges and that Allah knows best.

So, above, I have made a point, and shown that is true. If anyone here can justify that, please do so. I don't think something like this can be justified. And, just for more information, below I have copy and pasted all of the 16 privileges (if anyone wants to know). So everything (but point number 10) below is not related to the question.

First: To be fair with the spoils.
    Second: To (forcefully) take a fifth of a fifth or just a fifth (of the spoils of war).
    Third: "Al Wisal" (Dimitrius- the fast or fasting. This usually refers to fasting or abstaining from food.)
    Fourth: To take more than four women.
    Fifth: To marry, "Yas-tan-kih" (or have intercourse), with a woman who verbally pronounces her dedication (to the prophet).
    Sixth: To marry, "Yas-tan-kih," without the presence (or permission) of a legal guardian.
    Seventh: To marry, "Yas-tan-kih," without a dowry.
    Eighth: To marry (and have intercourse) during a state of ritual consecration and purification.
    Ninth: The annulment of an oath he may make to his wives.
    Tenth: If Muhammad looks at a woman (and desires her) THEN IT IS NECESSARY FOR HER HUSBAND TO DIVORCE HER AND FOR MUHAMMAD TO MARRY HER. Ibn Al A’raby said, "This is what the servant of the two holy mosques has also said, as was clear to the scholars FROM THE STORY OF ZAID which also had this meaning."
    Eleventh: That the prophet released Safiyyah (from her captured status) and he considered her release as her dowry.
    Twelfth: To enter Mecca without being in a state of ritual purification.
    Thirteenth: To fight in Mecca.
    Fourteenth: That he is not inherited by anyone at all. This was mentioned in the oath of absolution for when a man approaches death due to illness, most of his possessions are taken away, so that he does not have more than a third left for him. But the possessions of the prophet remained for him, as is evidenced in the verse of inheritance and in Surat Mariam.
    Fifteenth: His marriage is still considered effective after his death.
    Sixteenth: If he divorces a woman she remains prohibited to everyone and may not be married, "Nikah," to someone else.

Looking forward to reading the responses. popcorn

Reply #555 - November 28, 2015, 10:52 AM

I was just going to post about that on the misogyny thread. This was certainly something that was hidden from me when I was learning the Quran ^^
     Reply #556 - November 28, 2015, 10:53 AM

Add it to the misogyny thread. Afro

Reply #557 - November 28, 2015, 11:01 AM

Looking forward to reading the responses. popcorn

Today, 04:03 AM #4
    SofiaG

Would you mind quoting the verse from the Quran? Because 33:50 doesn't seem to mention divorce. It says: O Prophet, We have made lawful for you your wives whose bridal dues you have paid, and the slave-girls you possess from among the prisoners of war, and the daughters of your paternal uncles and paternal aunts, and the daughters of your maternal uncles and maternal aunts who have migrated with you, and a believing woman who gives herself to the Prophet and whom he wants to take in marriage. (O Prophet), this privilege is yours alone to the exclusion of other believers. We know well what restrictions We have imposed upon them as regards their wives and those whom their right hands possess, (and have exempted you from those restrictions) that there may be no constraint upon you. Allah is Most Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Gold. Cheesy

Reply #558 - November 28, 2015, 11:17 AM

How the fudge are they going to justify this??? Oh I know; they will try to divert attention from the subject by bringing up things that are totally unrelated. It's only a matter of time before someone comes along posting something along the lines of "you should be disgusted by filthy Western culture that makes people act worse than animals" ya da ya da.
     Reply #559 - November 28, 2015, 05:16 PM

I would show any muslim this article. It's a quick and brief article that disproves that Muhammad was a prophet of god.

http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Muhammad's_Just_In_Time_Revelations

Reply #560 - November 29, 2015, 11:21 PM

People attacking the OP for being repulsed by stoning
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?458425-Stoning
     Reply #561 - November 30, 2015, 12:50 AM

I hate how muslims say that one should repent for even questioning the idea of stoning. lipsrsealed

Reply #562 - November 30, 2015, 12:57 AM

It's against human nature to feel warm and fuzzy inside at the thought of someone being pelted with stones until we die. But apparently being human makes you an evil sinner and you need to seek God's forgiveness for not viewing this barbarity as a wonderful thing   Shocked
     Reply #563 - November 30, 2015, 01:06 AM

Even Muhammad didn't want to do it according to their scripture.. And if I lived during that time, I would tell him not to do it even if Allah commanded him to do so

Reply #564 - November 30, 2015, 01:17 AM

Yeah, I remember my teacher telling me the Hadith which narrated how Muhammad kept sending the woman who confessed to adultery away for different reasons because he did not want to stone her. There was actually someone on that thread who called stoning "beautiful"  Huh?
     Reply #565 - November 30, 2015, 01:34 AM

The most common American Muslim Woman response I see is "If you don't like the idea of stoning, then don't commit adultery."

The most common American Muslim Man response is, "Muslims who commit adultery should want to be stoned because the Hellfire Punishment is way worse. If you get stoned, it's a temporary pain. And Allah may (keyword: may) forgive you for it in this life."

Proof that Allah is Gangster. Allah is like The Godfather. He leaves Muslims with an offer they can't refuse.  Afro

Reply #566 - November 30, 2015, 01:37 AM

Cheesy
     Reply #567 - November 30, 2015, 01:40 AM

wow I just read on that forum,

"if you wriggle free you get to escape the punishment is a shia belief I think"

So if you can wiggle out of the ditch, you're good to go.

I know it's messed up, but that just made me laugh out loud. Cheesy

WTF is wrong with people!?

Reply #568 - November 30, 2015, 01:41 AM

In all seriousness though the argument I often hear from Muslims in England is "But it's so hard to prove! How likely is it that 4 people would actually see it happening?". They forget that the weak and underprivileged have been forced to make false confessions and 4 "witnesses" could conspire together to help their friend or relative get rid of their spouse.
     Reply #569 - November 30, 2015, 01:43 AM

wow I just read on that forum,

"if you wriggle free you get to escape the punishment is a shia belief I think"

So if you can wiggle out of the ditch, you're good to go.

I know it's messed up, but that just made me laugh out loud. Cheesy

WTF is wrong with people!?

Chances are slim for women in Iran, as they are buried up to the head. Don't know where that rule came from  Huh?
  • Previous page 1 ... 17 18 1920 21 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »