Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107045 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #420 - October 10, 2015, 06:32 AM

I remember reading a hadith that detailed a woman begging Mo to stop her husband from beating her. Mo, speaking with allah's wisdom, ordered her to go back to him and have sex with him. I'm trying to find it, I think I remember something about her skin being bruised so badly that it's described as being green.

Found it.

Narrated 'Ikrima:

Rifa'a divorced his wife whereupon 'AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. 'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came, 'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" When 'AbdurRahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, 'Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Apostle! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa'a." Allah's Apostle said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa'a unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet saw two boys with 'Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that 'AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "You claim what you claim (i.e.. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

Bukhari (72:715)

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #421 - October 10, 2015, 12:15 PM

I'm really tired of having the "economical responsebility" thrown up in my face every time you question Islam's very blatant favourism of men and deep rooted opression of the female gender. I'm sorry guys, but there have been and will continue to be millions and millions of women around the world who provide for their families all by themselves. I'm one of them. It's not that hard, stop complaining like little bitches (but then again, I've only heard rightous Muslim men talk about it like "noooo sister you must understand this qawwamah is soooo big responsebility". Shut up).

But sure, it's not the easiest to do alone. But it's far from a reason for me to have total control over another human being.

If I had someone doing everything for me like I did for my husband, I would be living like a spoiled king. Going to work and "providing" for my family would be nothing. However, I also know what it means to be a "woman". That life is miserable, and only if your husband was a millionaire giving you everything materialistic you could wish for, then MAYBE it would be barely bearable. Women are beyond doubt enormous loosers in this

I'm sure that the reason those righteous Muslim men encourage women not to work, nobly claiming that it's their responsibility are in fact scared that when their womenfolk start working they will realise that:

a) It really isn't all that and that all this time they had been making a mountain out of a molehill and
    b) Women are perfectly capable of providing for themselves and don't need to become the property of a man to avoid starving on the streets.
     Reply #422 - October 10, 2015, 12:17 PM

I remember reading a hadith that detailed a woman begging Mo to stop her husband from beating her. Mo, speaking with allah's wisdom, ordered her to go back to him and have sex with him. I'm trying to find it, I think I remember something about her skin being bruised so badly that it's described as being green.

Found it.

Narrated 'Ikrima:

Rifa'a divorced his wife whereupon 'AbdurRahman bin Az-Zubair Al-Qurazi married her. 'Aisha said that the lady (came), wearing a green veil (and complained to her (Aisha) of her husband and showed her a green spot on her skin caused by beating). It was the habit of ladies to support each other, so when Allah's Apostle came, 'Aisha said, "I have not seen any woman suffering as much as the believing women. Look! Her skin is greener than her clothes!" When 'AbdurRahman heard that his wife had gone to the Prophet, he came with his two sons from another wife. She said, "By Allah! I have done no wrong to him but he is impotent and is as useless to me as this," holding and showing the fringe of her garment, 'Abdur-Rahman said, "By Allah, O Allah's Apostle! She has told a lie! I am very strong and can satisfy her but she is disobedient and wants to go back to Rifa'a." Allah's Apostle said, to her, "If that is your intention, then know that it is unlawful for you to remarry Rifa'a unless Abdur-Rahman has had sexual intercourse with you." Then the Prophet saw two boys with 'Abdur-Rahman and asked (him), "Are these your sons?" On that 'AbdurRahman said, "Yes." The Prophet said, "You claim what you claim (i.e.. that he is impotent)? But by Allah, these boys resemble him as a crow resembles a crow,"

Bukhari (72:715)

I'm going to share this on Ummah if one more person tries to claim that Islam isn't biased in men's favour. Muhammad sided with an abusive husband over a battered woman and told her there was no way out unless she had sex with her abuser!
     Reply #423 - October 11, 2015, 11:49 AM

I'm sure that the reason those righteous Muslim men encourage women not to work, nobly claiming that it's their responsibility are in fact scared that when their womenfolk start working they will realise that:

a) It really isn't all that and that all this time they had been making a mountain out of a molehill and
    b) Women are perfectly capable of providing for themselves and don't need to become the property of a man to avoid starving on the streets.

Have to be careful though. One day you're letting them out the house, next thing you know they'll be wanting to vote.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #424 - October 12, 2015, 07:39 PM

And before you know it men become subjugated and oppressed  Roll Eyes
     Reply #425 - October 12, 2015, 11:23 PM

Oh Ummah.com..... I loved reading that forum even as a Muslim. I couldn't believe how weird and crazy some of the threads were.

A somewhat sad thread:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?387392-Lost-faith-in-Allah-and-islam-after-doubting

Lost faith in Allah and islam after doubting

I always have been a muslimah. Islam was very important to me and I had quiet a good imaan and never thought i would lose islam. It's quite a long story, but I need answers and motivation:
    Years ago I began to feel attracted to women. In the beginning I thought it was only shaytaan who is trying to mislead me. But a few years later, i began to think about it a lot, a few times a day, even during my salaat I couldn't get it out of my head, how hard I tried. I saw videos on youtube about the perspective of islam towards homosexuality and I was relieved to hear that the feelings weren't haram, but the action was. Although I kept feeling bad about it, i thought why would Allah do this to me, why me, but I thought about the aya: "Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear". Than I thought maybe it's nature, because also scientists said that. But I felt not a good muslim being it. And in those years my imaan began to decrease and I didn't do really about it to increase it again.

How to tackle this is much simpler than you think. Engage in excessive dhikr and Istigfar. wallahi, allah will not loose you if you do this. and at first even if you dont feel it, you will soon begin to because Everyones Iman weakens at some point but after the dip comes the high.

the first problem was allowing those thoughts to grow in your head.
    the second was saying "why me".

You have feelings for the same gender as you. You have let your nafs taken hold over you. You know what happened? Your heart has become so black with sins. So much so iman is virtually non existent. Then you wonder why you lost faith.

There are two types of muslims on earth. One that Allah loves and one that Allah hates. You are surely not from the former. Which means you are in already dangerous territory.

A heart blessed by allah which has taqwa would feel instant revulsion at the mere thought of having feelings for the opposite sex that is unlawful or non mehram. Now imagine feelings for the same sex. Its should be even worse.

Like i said no wonder you have no faith. No faith can reside in such a heart with no taqwa

Have you tried having ruqiyah done over you ? Some of these problems can be due to the waswas of the jinn.

Reply #426 - October 13, 2015, 07:35 AM

Idiots.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #427 - October 13, 2015, 08:22 AM

The really scary thing is that they have a counselling section.

Reply #428 - October 13, 2015, 08:55 AM

As someone who knows what usually goes on in the Muslim "counseling" section, believe me it's worse than you think...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #429 - October 13, 2015, 09:53 AM

I can't imagine it being anything else than "make dua and dhikr", "get married" and "you whore"

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #430 - October 13, 2015, 12:56 PM

Oh believe me, sometimes you come across some really messed up shit...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #431 - October 13, 2015, 02:57 PM

^ More info or it didn't happen....
     Reply #432 - October 13, 2015, 05:13 PM

What about advice about helping (and coping with jealousy) your husband find a new wife because he is constantly traveling and has a hard time with "it". All the while you are home taking care of 6 kids by yourself, except for the few weeks their father bothers to come home. Because, it's your duty to protect your husbands chastity Roll Eyes Don't forget the new wife must not be older than 25.
    Don't forget all those times beaten wives have gotten the advice to think about what it is that you do to "provoce" your husband to beat you. I can't even remember it all, but it's all horrible.

Reply #433 - October 13, 2015, 05:25 PM

My friend told me about this counselling another one of our friends received online from a "scholar" in Pakistan.

She was a newly wed bride who wanted to speak to her new husband on the phone. However they hadn't officially had their "Rukhsati" yet or hadn't started living together yet as per Pakistani culture. The imam told her to avoid doing this otherwise she may run the risk of getting pregnant.......by talking on the phone.... Huh?. True story. She even got the fatwa in writing.
     Reply #434 - October 14, 2015, 02:41 AM

Cheesy

Reply #435 - October 14, 2015, 07:55 AM

What about advice about helping (and coping with jealousy) your husband find a new wife because he is constantly traveling and has a hard time with "it". All the while you are home taking care of 6 kids by yourself, except for the few weeks their father bothers to come home. Because, it's your duty to protect your husbands chastity Roll Eyes Don't forget the new wife must not be older than 25.
    Don't forget all those times beaten wives have gotten the advice to think about what it is that you do to "provoce" your husband to beat you. I can't even remember it all, but it's all horrible.

Lovely... why exactly does the new wife have to be 25 or younger though? How do they justify that? Or did I misread what you meant?

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #436 - October 14, 2015, 08:23 AM

One of the justifications I heard was that it was like a reward. When you're in your teens and 20s you see all these pretty girls your age but you can't have sex with them because you need to be married and you're usually not in a position to look after a child...I mean wife...until you're older. You have your education, your own place, money coming in, so you're finally in a position to be a husband and now you can marry and finally bang one of those girls you always wanted to when you were younger.

Women aren't required to get an education or a job, this is the man's role, so it's all good from a feminist angle as well. yes

Reply #437 - October 14, 2015, 08:42 AM

Because he want a young wife with a young and tight body. She's not a partner, she is there to satisfy his sexual needs.

Reply #438 - October 14, 2015, 09:47 AM

http://www.mutah.com/earlymarriage/early.htm
    Lovely... why exactly does the new wife have to be 25 or younger though? How do they justify that? Or did I misread what you meant?

http://www.mutah.com/earlymarriage/early.htm

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #439 - October 14, 2015, 11:13 AM

well kalamullah.com puts out all sorts of hadith on that women marriage rules/suggestions  so let me put them here

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful

Questions Related to Marriage

Ruling Concerning Birth Control:

Question: What is the ruling concerning birth control?
    Response: This is a contemporary issue and many people ask about it. In the previous session of the Conference of the Leading Scholars [of Saudi Arabia], there was a study of this issue. They issued a verdict according to their opinion on this issue. In sum, they concluded that it is not allowed to take birth control pills. Allah has sanctioned the means that lead to procreation and a larger Muslim nation. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
    "Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you on the Day of Resurrection."1
    Another narration states at the end, "[outnumber] the prophets on the Day of Resurrection." The Muslim Nation is in need of being increased in numbers so that it may worship Allah, strive in His way, and defend the Muslims, by the will of Allah, from the plots of their enemies. It is a must to avoid such things [as birth control] and not to use them except in the cases of dire necessity. If there is a necessity, there is no harm. [This would be] for example, if the woman has some illness in her uterus or so forth that would harm her if she were to become pregnant. Then she may use such pills to the extent of her need. This is also the case if she already has many children and it would become a hardship on her to have another one soon, then she may use the birth control pills for a specific amount of time, such as one year or two years, which is the amount of time designated for breast feeding, until she reaches the stage where she would be able to raise the child properly. But if the women is taking them just so she will be free of responsibility or to be able to work or to live a comfortable life and other similar reasons why women take such pills these days, [it should be understood that] for these reasons it is not allowed to take birth control pills.

By Shaikh ibn Baz

Footnote :
    1. This hadith is recorded by ibn Hibban, Ahmad, al-Tabarani and others. Without the words, "the Day of Resurrection," it is also narrated by Abu Dawud and al-Nasal. According to al-Albani, it is an authentic hadith due to its supporting chains. Muhammad Nasir al-Din al-Albani, Irwa al Ghaleel fi Takhreej Ahadeeth Manaar al-Sabeel (Beirut: al-Maktab al Islami, 1979), vol. 6, p. 195.--JZ

The Appropriate Age for Marriage:

Question: What is the appropriate age for men and women to marry? Some of the young ladies of today do not accept to be married to men older than them and also some of the men do not get married from anyone older than them either. We hope for a response, may Allah reward you.

Response: I advise the young ladies not to refuse a man because of his older age. Even if he be ten, twenty or thirty years older, this is not a valid excuse. The Prophet (peace be upon him) married Aisha when he was fifty-three years old and she was nine years old. Older age is not harmful. There is no problem if the woman is older than the man and there is no problem if the man is older than the woman. The Prophet (peace be upon him) married Khadijah when she was forty years old and he was twenty-five years old, before he received his first revelation. That is, she was fifteen years older than him (may Allah be pleased with her). And Aisha was married when she was a young lady of six or seven years and the Prophet (peace be upon him) consummated the marriage when she was nine years old and he was fifty-three years old. Many of those who talk on the radio or television and speak against having disparaging ages between husband and wife are wrong. It is not permissible for them to say such things. Instead, what must be done, is the woman must look at the prospective husband and, if he be pious and appropriate, she must agree to him even if he is older than her. Similarly, the man must try to marry a woman who is pious and virtuous, even if she is older than him, especially if she is still less than mid life. In any case, age should not be taken as an excuse. It should also not be considered a shortcoming, as long as the man is pious or the woman is pious. May Allah make the affairs good for everyone.
    Shaikh ibn Baz

Marriage Comes First
    Question: A common custom among the people nowadays is for a woman or her father to refuse a man's proposal so that she may finish high school, college or some specific amount of studying. What is the ruling concerning that? What is your advice for those who fall into that trap? Sometimes, the woman reaches the age of thirty or more and she has yet to get married!
    Response: My advice to all young men and young women is to get married quickly if the means to it are made possible for you. This is because the Prophet (peace be upon him) has said,
    "O youthful people, if any of you have the means to, he should get married, as it lowers the eyesight and protects the private parts. Those who have not the ability to do so should fast, as it will be a shield for him."
    This was recorded by al-Bukhari and Muslim. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said,
    "If one whose religion and character pleases you proposes to you, you should marry him. If you do not do so, them will be tribulations in the land and great evil."
    This was recorded by al-Tirmidhi with a hasan chain. The Prophet (peace be upon him) also said,
    "Marry the child-bearing, loving woman for I shall outnumber the peoples by you on the Day of Resurrection."
    This was recorded by Ahmad and graded sahih by ibn Hibban. Therefore, there are many benefits to marriage which the Prophet (peace be upon him) alluded to, including lowering the gaze, protecting the private parts, increasing the numbers of the Muslim Nation and being saved from great evil and misfortune.
    May Allah grant to all what is best for their religion and worldly lives. He is All-Hearing, Close.
    Shaikh ibn Baz

The Young Lady is Not to be Forced to Marry a Man She Does Not Want to Marry
    Question: Is it allowed for a father to force his daughter to marry a specific man that she does not want to many?
    Response: Neither the father nor anyone other than the father may force a woman who is under his guardianship to marry a man that she does not want to many. In fact, her permission must be sought. The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said,
    "The non-virgin [without a husband] must not be married until she is consulted. A virgin must not be married until her permission is sought." They said, "O Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) how is her permission given?" He said, "By her being silent." Another narration states, "Her silence is her permission." Yet a third narration states, "A virgin's father seeks her permission and her permission is her remaining silent."1
    The father must seek her permission if she is nine years of age or above. Similarly, her other guardians may not marry her off except by her permission. This is obligatory upon all of them. If one is married without permission, then the marriage is not valid. This is because one of the conditions of the marriage is that both partners accept the marriage. If she is married without her permission, by threat or coercion, then the marriage is not valid. The only exception is in the case of the father and his daughter who is less than nine years of age. There is no harm if he gets her married while she is less than nine years old, according to the correct opinion. This is based on the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) marrying Aisha without her consent when she was less than nine years old, as is stated in authentic Hadith. However, if she is nine years old or more, she cannot be married, even by her father, except with her consent. The husband should not approach the woman if he knows that she does not want him, even if the father approves of it. He must fear Allah and not approach any wife that did not want him even if her father claims that he did not coerce her. He must avoid what Allah has forbidden for him. This is because the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) ordered that her permission must be sought. We also advise the woman to fear Allah and to accept the man if her father finds that he is suitable to marry her, as long as the prospective groom is good in his religion and character. This is true even if the one who is doing the marrying is not the girl's father [but her legal guardian]. We make this advice because there is lots of good and lot of benefits in marriage. Also, there are lots of hazards in living as a maiden. I advise all young ladies to accept those men who come to them if they are qualified. They should not use schooling, teaching or other causes as an excuse to avoid marriage.

By Shaikh ibn Baz

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #440 - October 14, 2015, 12:16 PM

Because he want a young wife with a young and tight body. She's not a partner, she is there to satisfy his sexual needs.

It's like they confuse real life with certain genres of porn. Grin

Reply #441 - October 14, 2015, 12:23 PM

I used to have a teacher in Madinah who, when he was happy, would pray for a person, “May Allah marry you to a virgin, then let her die, then another virgin, then let her die, then another virgin, then let her die, and continue this for the rest of your life so that when you die you will find all of your young virgin wives waiting for you in Jannah.”  
     Reply #442 - October 14, 2015, 12:40 PM

Why the obsession with virgins?

Reply #443 - October 14, 2015, 12:41 PM

Less judgmental?
     Reply #444 - October 14, 2015, 12:42 PM

Cheesy

Reply #445 - October 14, 2015, 04:11 PM

This is because one of the conditions of the marriage is that both partners accept the marriage. If she is married without her permission, by threat or coercion, then the marriage is not valid. The only exception is in the case of the father and his daughter who is less than nine years of age. There is no harm if he gets her married while she is less than nine years old, according to the correct opinion. This is based on the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) marrying Aisha without her consent when she was less than nine years old, as is stated in authentic Hadith.

vomit
     Reply #446 - October 14, 2015, 10:07 PM

Because, it's your duty to protect your husbands chastity Roll Eyes Don't forget the new wife must not be older than 25.

What about those guys interested in older women ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #447 - October 15, 2015, 05:07 AM

If there are any, I surely haven't come across any. Islamic obsession with virginity and youth makes it hard for someone to develop that interest. Also, I'm kind of sad to say it, but typical Islamic and/or traditinal way of life for women makes it so that women after a certain age look like shit. And it's because of various reasons. Such as repeated pregnancies, no physical activity except work work work with kids and household. Happiness, like true happiness where you see a person fulfilled and engaged with something the have a passion for, was non-existant even among my circle of friends. And they were all living in a western country... some even converts. Nope. Islamic life for women sucks the life out of them.

Reply #448 - October 15, 2015, 09:38 AM

Ironic too that Muhammad supposedly married a bunch of older women lol..  i'm generalising but I think muslim men do have an inbuilt detector that automatically sorts the younger girls from the older ones (the rejects).  I don't have the same problem in the western world, it's more about how attractive your are, personality or looks than how old you are.   And yes, I've been through the ole draining Islamic marriage and kids and you do look like shit lol.. it took me ages to get myself looking decent- ish again after leaving my marriage lol..
     Reply #449 - October 15, 2015, 10:48 AM

No. The only "older" woman was Maymoonah (if I recall her name correctly  EDIT: It was Sawdah). She was his first wife after Khadijah , married her not even a year before Aishah, and she even gave up her day to Aishah in fear that Mo would divorce her. She was old and haggard, described in the hadeeth. As for his other wives, for example Zaynab, Umm Salamah or Safia etc they were all young and known for their beauty (all described in the hadeeth). They had many suitors before Mo asked for them in marriage.

Talk about "older", "widows", and "divorcees" is all bullshit. Believe me, Mo married no old ugly women. Except Maymoonah (EDIT Sawdah) miskeenah, but she didn't even spend any time with her "husband". Try to recall how many times she's mentioned taking part in the interaction in the household of Mo. Basically never....

• Previous page 1 ... 13 14 1516 17 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »