Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107054 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 12 13 1415 16 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #390 - September 23, 2015, 05:28 AM

My first wife was full of nafs and pride and rage and would not accept my decision. I bought another small house for my new wife

Woooow.

So first wife not accepting husband's betrayal is "full of nafs and pride and rage"?

To top it off he bought a house for his new wife, using the money that they EARNED TOGETHER.

Man, kudos to first wife. He got what he deserved!
     Reply #391 - September 23, 2015, 07:02 AM

Yeah, apparently a man has every right to have all this "gheerah" if another man so much as looks at his wife but a woman must accept the idea of her husband shagging another woman every other night or she is full of "nags, pride and rage".
     Reply #392 - September 23, 2015, 07:29 AM

I was married to one of those type of guys, throughout the marriage they use you, drain the life out of you, beat you down and tell you that you aren't worth anything to them nor any future man, you even believe it.  Not only did he take our money he also took mine and our daughters jewelry, and inheritance money I had received from my family to go marry some woman in another country.  Sighs, I'm too forgiving for my own good..
     Reply #393 - September 23, 2015, 07:36 AM

this kufr damned country  Cheesy
     Reply #394 - September 23, 2015, 08:14 AM

I was married to one of those type of guys, throughout the marriage they use you, drain the life out of you, beat you down and tell you that you aren't worth anything to them nor any future man, you even believe it.  Not only did he take our money he also took mine and our daughters jewelry, and inheritance money I had received from my family to go marry some woman in another country.  Sighs, I'm too forgiving for my own good..

Sorry to hear that. He will get what's coming for him when the time is right, I do believe that.
     Reply #395 - September 23, 2015, 08:15 AM

this kufr damned country  Cheesy

His username is also "Shockedbykufrs"....
     Reply #396 - September 23, 2015, 09:03 AM

Well, that was refreshing Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #397 - September 23, 2015, 10:26 AM

Worst haircut EVER!!

Oh ya!    .......  what that supposed to mean?.......

Well that haircut can not be worse than what Ali A  gave here  for Agnostic Muslim.  It is high time for someone to  do  da'wah to atheists, deists and agnostics otherwise this Radonic Agnostic Muslims will ruin Islam and ruin other faith heads...

So Hassan ., it is time for you to explain the difference between "your Agnostic Islam' and that  "age old Sufi Path of Islam"

what is the difference?

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #398 - September 23, 2015, 10:35 PM

Sorry to hear that. He will get what's coming for him when the time is right, I do believe that.

No probs, I was just having a whiny ole moan lol..

thnx   x
     Reply #399 - October 07, 2015, 03:00 PM

Chap having sex with his girlfriend:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?452400-Sexually-active

Is Music Haram or Halal? [Answered by imran ibn masuir)

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?453224-Very-Hot-and-Major-Topic-Is-Music-Haram-or-Halal-Answered-by-imran-ibn-masuir)

Speaking of Imran Ibn Masuir, may I present the first draft of The Dawahman Song.

http://www.councilofexmuslims.com/index.php?topic=25477.0

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #400 - October 07, 2015, 05:06 PM

I used to find the whole music ruling really confusing so would just ignore it.

One guy on the thread says that it's best not to look for logical explanations  Huh?
     Reply #401 - October 08, 2015, 10:41 AM

Ummah members think logical explanations are a threat to islam.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #402 - October 08, 2015, 12:54 PM

They're not wrong in thinking so.
     Reply #403 - October 08, 2015, 01:25 PM

^This reminded me of the well-known statement of Ali ibn Abi Talib pertaining to why the top of the sock is wiped during ablution instead of the bottom, “If religion were based on reason, it would be more fitting to wipe the bottom of the sock than the top. But I saw the messenger of Allah wiping the top of his sock.”

I just googled the saying to get the proper phrasing and commentary and was reminded of just how asinine fiqh classes can be with their million and one “benefits” that can be extracted from such a silly statement. It’s absurd.

These are notes from a lecture given at the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah on the above statement of Ali.

The sound reason, does not conflict, nor contradict the deen, if the text is authentic and clear, it is not possible to contradict sound reason and rationale. The intellect might be unable to comprehend, but it will not contradict the sound reason. The intellect does not comprehend why Fajr prayer is 2 Rakats, while Dhuhr is 4 Rakats, but it does not have what would contradict it. It is unable to fully understand the wisdom behind it, but inability to understand the wisdom is different than contradicting. And other than that, no it will not contradict. And if some claim that Islam differentiates between similar things, and this is a contradiction, we say: No, it is not possible for there to ever be a contradiction. Islam will never differentiate between two identical things. If you find that Islam differentiates between two things that appear identical, then know that there must be a difference between the two, undoubtedly. And they mention the hadith that says, “the urine of the boy is sprinkled over, and the urine of a baby girl is rinsed.” They said, “They are both infants breastfeeding.” Why sprinkle over this one, but wash the other one? They are both the same, sprinkle over both, or wash both. The response to the is that there is a reason. And the researchers have discovered, even in earlier times, such as Mutawalliy, from the Shafii school, that the urine of a baby girl is more dense and heavy than that of a baby boy. And modern science has proven, in the laboratory, that the urine of a baby girl contains hormones that are not found in the urine of a baby boy.

So there is a difference. They say, “You make wudu from eating the meat of the camel, but not from the meat of sheep.” We say, yes, there is a text, we accept it, and then after that it has been proven that they are not the same. There is a long study about this. Thus, “if the religion was according to opinion” : if we were only to make room for asking, not in contradiction to what Ali was saying, and it is said: Informed opinion and conception does not contradict the religious law, the opinion that is properly reasoned and correct, because Islam came to address people of sound mind. Allah says, “Yaa Uoolil albaab” “O you people of contemplation” Thus, why is the wiping on the top of the Khuff, and not the bottom, as Ali mentioned. A person can say: Sound reason also points us towards wiping over the top of the Khuff, and not the bottom. Why? Not simply because of logic, but even other texts prove this.

There are texts regarding wiping on the shoes. And there is the text that says, “If one of you come to the Masjid, let him look under his shoes, and if there is any impurity, let him wipe them in dirt.” This was during the days when Masajid were bare dirt and pebbles, unlike the Masajid today. And likewise, the dress of a woman. When the Prophet alayhi salam commanded that a woman make her dress a handspan longer, enough to cover her feet, it was said to him that the wind would uncover her feet. He said, make it two handspans longer, and not longer. Then it was said to him that the women would end up dragging her overgarment on the roads, and on the roads are all kinds of things. He replied, “Does not she pass over pure things after that?” They said: Yes: He said, the latter will purify the former. That is, when she walks over pure dust, it will remove the impure things stuck on it. It will dry it and cause anything to fall off, so it will become purified. This also points to the necessity of covering the woman. So if a person wore two shoes, and came to the Masjid, and looked under them, and found impurity, he should wipe it in the dirt. Of course today, there is not always dirt nearby, nor are masjids the way there were, and we cannot follow this particular Sunnah as we could before. 6 So if there was impurity, and he rubbed it in the dirt, then he made wudu and wanted to wipe over his shoes, if the wet hand passed over that impurity that has been dried by dust, will it change it? Yes, the impurity that was dried with dust will be affected by the moisture, you brought wetness to it again. And also something could get on your hand. So, as long as there is this possibility, the text indicates that the wiping be done on the top of the Khuff, far away from any place where there is possibility of impurities being found. Thus, wiping the top of the Khuff is the perfection of reason and intellect, and this is exactly what the Lawgiver has legislated.

Reply #404 - October 08, 2015, 02:07 PM

^ Linguistic Mogadon.

How did you stick it so long, HM?
     Reply #405 - October 08, 2015, 02:44 PM

I’m not sure. I honestly do block a good portion of that part of my life out these days. Reading that triggered it.
     Reply #406 - October 08, 2015, 02:48 PM

No wonder. It's abominable.
     Reply #407 - October 08, 2015, 03:09 PM

And I thought people studying quantum physics had it tough.
     Reply #408 - October 08, 2015, 08:38 PM

Posters here attacking Nadiya from GBBO for her "unislamic conduct"

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?453866-Great-British-Bake-off-2015

Every time I wonder why I can't stand hanging around the Muslim community threads like that remind me  Undecided
     Reply #409 - October 08, 2015, 08:40 PM

^This reminded me of the well-known statement of Ali ibn Abi Talib pertaining to why the top of the sock is wiped during ablution instead of the bottom, “If religion were based on reason, it would be more fitting to wipe the bottom of the sock than the top. But I saw the messenger of Allah wiping the top of his sock.”

I just googled the saying to get the proper phrasing and commentary and was reminded of just how asinine fiqh classes can be with their million and one “benefits” that can be extracted from such a silly statement. It’s absurd.

These are notes from a lecture given at the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah on the above statement of Ali.

There are so many rituals that make no sense at all, yet all we're told is "listen and obey"
     Reply #410 - October 08, 2015, 09:49 PM

I wonder if the Coconut Cake comment means what I think it means...

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #411 - October 09, 2015, 03:22 AM

reminded of just how asinine fiqh classes can be with their million and one “benefits” that can be extracted from such a silly statement. It’s absurd.

Apparently the guys at the Al Maghrib Insitute are trying to make fiqh classes more "cool" to attract students.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2ibDHAh_M8

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #412 - October 09, 2015, 05:39 AM

I wonder if the Coconut Cake comment means what I think it means...

Yup. Brown on the outside, white on the inside.

Reply #413 - October 09, 2015, 07:44 AM

I don't even know where to start.... do people actually think these poorly animated videos are a good idea? Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #414 - October 09, 2015, 12:47 PM

^

Well do you have a better way to convince the youth that learning about fiqh is hip and cool ?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #415 - October 09, 2015, 02:16 PM

Even as a youth I was super serious. I studied the works of Ibn Qudamah and memorized every point. Hip and cool is for the bad students.

Reply #416 - October 09, 2015, 11:58 PM

A husband's RIGHTS and a wife's OBLIGATIONS. 

Ugh!

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?453124-The-Right-of-The-Husband

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

The sleeper has awakened -  Dune

Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish!
     Reply #417 - October 10, 2015, 05:23 AM

The sound reason, does not conflict, nor contradict the deen, if the text is authentic and clear, it is not possible to contradict sound reason and rationale. The intellect might be unable to comprehend, but it will not contradict the sound reason. The intellect does not comprehend why Fajr prayer is 2 Rakats, while Dhuhr is 4 Rakats, but it does not have what would contradict it. It is unable to fully understand the wisdom behind it, but inability to understand the wisdom is different than contradicting. And other than that, no it will not contradict. And if some claim that Islam differentiates between similar things, and this is a contradiction, we say: No, it is not possible for there to ever be a contradiction. Islam will never differentiate between two identical things. If you find that Islam differentiates between two things that appear identical, then know that there must be a difference between the two, undoubtedly. And they mention the hadith that says, “the urine of the boy is sprinkled over, and the urine of a baby girl is rinsed.” They said, “They are both infants breastfeeding.” Why sprinkle over this one, but wash the other one? They are both the same, sprinkle over both, or wash both. The response to the is that there is a reason. And the researchers have discovered, even in earlier times, such as Mutawalliy, from the Shafii school, that the urine of a baby girl is more dense and heavy than that of a baby boy. And modern science has proven, in the laboratory, that the urine of a baby girl contains hormones that are not found in the urine of a baby boy....

*snip*

I'm very curious... I'm a never moose atheist who was born and raised in muslim-majority country, and I always thought that muslims' obsession with prophet sunnah as crazy and irrational. Entering bathroom with right foot, the superstition is CRAZY.

From ex-muslims' side of story... really what do you guys think? When you heard crazy stories like this does your brain go into full-mental gymnastics mode to try to justify it? Or full-robotic mode to just accept and obey without question?

What's your opinion now? Is it different from what it used to be?

HM says it's absurd... Could you please explain more about your emotions when you read this?

I mean seriously this is the reason I never take religion seriously, every single one of them have crazy superstitious stories like this. Islam however, seems to be the one refusing to adapt to modern standards :\ At least other religions aren't as strict....

I have a hard time believing that humans can be so routinely brainwashed just to accept this insanity.
     Reply #418 - October 10, 2015, 05:27 AM

A husband's RIGHTS and a wife's OBLIGATIONS. 

Ugh!

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?453124-The-Right-of-The-Husband

It really proves just how easy it is to rationalize everything.

And what is so upsetting is the fact that they're not really allowed to have their own opinions, must ask scholars and imams ASAP!!!

Do these people put their brains in a jar and lock it away or something?

What's with the rudeness towards dissenters? Apparently you aren't nice just for the sake of being nice, you are only nice just for the sake of Islam. WTF is wrong with this people?
     Reply #419 - October 10, 2015, 05:45 AM

I'm really tired of having the "economical responsebility" thrown up in my face every time you question Islam's very blatant favourism of men and deep rooted opression of the female gender. I'm sorry guys, but there have been and will continue to be millions and millions of women around the world who provide for their families all by themselves. I'm one of them. It's not that hard, stop complaining like little bitches (but then again, I've only heard rightous Muslim men talk about it like "noooo sister you must understand this qawwamah is soooo big responsebility". Shut up).

But sure, it's not the easiest to do alone. But it's far from a reason for me to have total control over another human being.

If I had someone doing everything for me like I did for my husband, I would be living like a spoiled king. Going to work and "providing" for my family would be nothing. However, I also know what it means to be a "woman". That life is miserable, and only if your husband was a millionaire giving you everything materialistic you could wish for, then MAYBE it would be barely bearable. Women are beyond doubt enormous loosers in this

• Previous page 1 ... 12 13 1415 16 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »