Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107046 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #270 - April 18, 2015, 01:23 AM

Afro
    I'll have a look at the website and have a go at what you've advised, thank you.
    It's like... I want to settle on something but I can't. I want to be an atheist but I can't. Confusionss  wacko

One big issue for me in terms of accepting the label "atheist" was that it's a label that has a lot of stigma attached to it if you grew up religious. Religious people always tell you about the dangers of atheists without ever explaining to you what atheists are actually like. You're constantly being told that atheists are evil, without ever being given the chance to hear, let alone examine, the arguments of atheists, which leads to an irrational fear of the label. There are other, less stigmatized, options, like free thinker, humanist, etc. Smiley

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #271 - April 18, 2015, 02:19 AM

*puts on Islamic spectacles* Actually, according to Islam, all human beings who have come to life on Earth answered to the shahadah, so we are all supposed to be Muslim. This is what I heard from my Islamic studies teacher, haven't heard it anywhere else so excuse me if this is made up or fake or whatever. *takes off Islamic spectacles*

Yeah, that's true. Of course it also says islam is passed on through the father, which is why a man can marry a jew or christian but a woman can't. I wonder if the people who came up with that were aware that in judaism the religion is passed on through the mother. You'd end up with two parents, and both their religions would be claiming any children.

I once came across someone justifying killing non muslims by saying that as everyone is born muslim, non muslims are actually apostates and their blood is halal. Some sick shit.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #272 - April 18, 2015, 02:27 AM

Yeah, I had heard that last comment many times before. Those passages in Quran about ¨Allah sealing hearts against His message as He wills¨(yes, I am paraphrasing, not quoting) breeds sentiment like that.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #273 - April 18, 2015, 09:19 AM

One big issue for me in terms of accepting the label "atheist" was that it's a label that has a lot of stigma attached to it if you grew up religious. Religious people always tell you about the dangers of atheists without ever explaining to you what atheists are actually like. You're constantly being told that atheists are evil, without ever being given the chance to hear, let alone examine, the arguments of atheists, which leads to an irrational fear of the label. There are other, less stigmatized, options, like free thinker, humanist, etc. Smiley

I've never heard an atheist speak out loud to oppose religion, when I was wearing 'religious spectacles'. I would click away from any videos or articles regarding religious debates. To be honest, I was never an incredibly religious person, so was oblivious to the ideas of atheists XD I think my fear comes from the stigma that you mentioned. To bear the label atheist is quite a heavy weight, especially if you live in a religious country.

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.
     Reply #274 - April 18, 2015, 09:22 AM

Yeah, that's true. Of course it also says islam is passed on through the father, which is why a man can marry a jew or christian but a woman can't. I wonder if the people who came up with that were aware that in judaism the religion is passed on through the mother. You'd end up with two parents, and both their religions would be claiming any children.

I once came across someone justifying killing non muslims by saying that as everyone is born muslim, non muslims are actually apostates and their blood is halal. Some sick shit.

I actually had a friend who had an dad who was a Jew and a mother who was Muslim. Could've been vice versa, but he had to choose between Judaism and Islam by the time he turned 18.

How does 'halal blood' make it any more halal to kill non muslims...?

Reply #275 - April 18, 2015, 10:52 AM

Because islamically ex-muslims should be murdered.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #276 - April 18, 2015, 11:06 AM

so was oblivious to the ideas of atheists

Atheists don't have a dogma. There is no atheist bible. There is no atheist prophet. An atheist is simply someone who lacks a belief in gods. You can be an atheist and be racist, you can be atheist and not even belief race exists. You can be atheist and pro-choice, you can be atheist and anti-abortion. You can be an atheist and a sadist, you can be an atheist and a pacifist. The only thing atheists have in common is a lack of belief in something. I'm assuming that one of the things I have in common with the most devout muslim is that we're both adragonists and aleprechaunists as well. The fact that neither myself nor a devout musim believes in dragons or leprechauns doesn't really give you any idea about who we are as people or how we view the world except that we don't see a world with dragons or leprechauns. All atheists have in common just by being atheists is that we don't see a world with theistic gods.

I personally would probably be described as an agnostic atheist. While I'm convinced that theistic gods do not exist, I'm open to a deistic view, just not convinced by it.

Reply #277 - April 19, 2015, 01:15 PM

Afro
    I understand that atheism isn't exactly a religion, rather I meant that I tended to distance myself from the idea of atheists. They were completely wrong and my utter refusal in their beliefs made me 'oblivious'

Reply #278 - April 27, 2015, 03:56 PM

To vote or not to vote

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?439980-To-Vote-or-not-to-Vote

Reply #279 - April 27, 2015, 04:34 PM

I wonder which parties would be popular on Ummah. I imagine it will mostly be Labour and Lib Dem, with a few Conservatives and Greens here and there.
     Reply #280 - April 27, 2015, 04:41 PM

Are men superior to women?

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?429102-Are-men-superior-to-women

It's quite sad reading missmirah02's posts. Having seen her comment on a number of threads, I don't know why she's even posting on ummah. She's such a minority and constantly leapt on for views that in the outside world are just normal.

Reply #281 - April 27, 2015, 04:42 PM

As an ex-Salafi, that thread isn't that surprising. In the very early days of my salafism I would have condemned any kind of voting, deeming it to be kufr and in opposition to the Oneness of the SWT. One particular semi-infamous salafi later on turned extremist takfeeri actually made takfeer or me because of the whole voting issue and refused to answer my salams for a long time despite us once being friends Smiley

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #282 - April 27, 2015, 04:44 PM

Search deep within your heart. You'll find the answer

Best answer ever Cheesy

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #283 - April 27, 2015, 05:02 PM

That forum seems to be dominated by salafees
     Reply #284 - April 27, 2015, 05:13 PM

Why do Sufis hate eBay?

Because they hate Seller-Fees!
     Reply #285 - April 27, 2015, 05:44 PM

Cheesy

Reply #286 - April 27, 2015, 05:45 PM

One particular semi-infamous salafi later on turned extremist takfeeri actually made takfeer or me because of the whole voting issue and refused to answer my salams for a long time despite us once being friends Smiley

What is it about Salafis and refusing to answer salam? I found this the very height of rudeness when I was a Muslim, and even now, it grates.
     Reply #287 - April 27, 2015, 07:03 PM

refused to answer my salams for a long time despite us once being friends

So childish!
     Reply #288 - April 27, 2015, 07:07 PM

They don't answer their salams for two main reasons a) boycotting the mubtadi' and fasiq or b) because they have deemed you to be a kaafir. The latter was the reason the takfeeree lady didn't answer my salam. Personally, I've never failed to answer a salam even when I've thought that the person is non-practicing fasiq who basically shouldn't even be viewed as a Muslim. But I know a lot of other people who thought like that, my ex didn't even answer wa aleykum salam to his mother (answered with the lame "ma'salama" instead) just because she didn't pray. But I insisted that we should anyway, so eventually he followed my example. What a fucking douche.

And yeah, childish perhaps. But it was very dangerous because she became a really weird extreme takfeeree, but seemed to have taken a couple of steps back after a while because one day she called me, invited me to her home and acted as if nothing had happened. But as soon as the topic of voting and related stuff came up she was as zealous as always. At least she didn't call me a kafir anymore, but "ukhtee al kareemah" Tongue

Reply #289 - April 27, 2015, 07:52 PM

"ukhtee al kareemah" Tongue

lol
     Reply #290 - April 27, 2015, 09:12 PM

The solution to the feminist mindset

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?429057-The-solution-to-the-feminist-mindset

I just read the first page of this (that was a trial) and I really do feel so sorry for missmirah02. For the life of me I don't get why she posts there.

Reply #291 - April 27, 2015, 09:43 PM

I really do feel so sorry for missmirah02. For the life of me I don't get why she posts there.

That's the poor sod I was talking about before

There is one individual in particular who is often put down for voicing her personal views on the rights of women, poor thing.

Reply #292 - April 28, 2015, 10:41 AM

Feminism shouldn't be called Feminism. It should be called Equalism. Sure, there are different types of 'Feminism' ranging from male and female having their equal rights to chivalry becoming a sin. Those on that site who are against the 'western approach' to women's right will then be having problems trying to justify God's word.

Reply #293 - May 08, 2015, 05:03 AM

Two wives and a big problem

I've just read seven pages of this thread. Not sure why. Many of the comments are barmy. It's interesting to see how the majority of the female comments show just how much they want what most people take for granted and are trying to fit islam to that.

Reply #294 - May 08, 2015, 07:37 AM

I love the fact that the discussion derailed into whether or not the guy reeeaaallly DECEIVED the girl and the definition of "lying". This is so fucking typical for Muslim men after having experience of a decade behind me that it's not even funny anymore.

Labelling mrs 2nd wife as "troublemaker"... priceless.

Reply #295 - May 08, 2015, 08:45 AM

Takes me back to my ex and the phone calls he used to have with his secret wife in another country, thinking i was asleep upstairs lol.. I didn't care, inside my head i was throwing a party.. Wooo hooo i'm finally free of this demanding crazy b'stard, divorced him after that lol.   
     Reply #296 - May 08, 2015, 08:58 AM

Two wives and a big problem

I've just read seven pages of this thread. Not sure why. Many of the comments are barmy. It's interesting to see how the majority of the female comments show just how much they want what most people take for granted and are trying to fit islam to that.

Actually his American wife could totally divorce him and if he's not an American citizen, deport him and probably have him banned from reentry into the country, if she wanted.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #297 - May 08, 2015, 09:57 AM

^that's the perfect solution lol
     Reply #298 - May 08, 2015, 10:36 AM

Actually his American wife could totally divorce him and if he's not an American citizen, deport him and probably have him banned from reentry into the country, if she wanted.

http://www.dawn.com/news/1180749/new-york-cab-driver-jailed-over-pakistan-murders

And that is today's news from land of pure....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #299 - May 10, 2015, 10:29 AM

Apparently he isn't legally married to the American "wife", they just had a nikah. So he must be in the US for another reason than marriage.

Reading threads like that isn't good for my blood pressure.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »