Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107117 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     Reply #120 - September 28, 2014, 06:07 AM

A slightly interesting thread on if a muslim woman has to cover in front of lesbians.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #121 - September 28, 2014, 07:42 AM

popcorn

ETA: Ok, popcorn value wore off about halfway through. I was idly wondering when someone would panic about blokes being exposed in front of gay men. Sure enough.....

By that stage the levels of crazy were getting too much for me. Cheesy

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #122 - September 28, 2014, 08:54 AM

Yes.
    I searched "Islam victim blaming" on Google search bar and I found a thread about rape victim blaming in Islam on ummah.com .
    Ridiculous! Many of those Muslims, especially the dudes wrote how much they think that marital rape is okay and rape is caused by "immodest" women.
    I will be writing about rape soon. See you on the thread!

Religions + Politics = Problem
     Reply #123 - October 09, 2014, 06:36 AM

Use the word Shahid not suicide bomber

To all muslims , reframe from using the word suicide bomber.
     The correct word to use is Shahid. If you use the former word then you can't call yourselfs muslims. We must check all posts for this small slip. It may seem trivial but all these small little things over looked slowly play into the hands of the real murderers.

Funny thread.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #124 - October 09, 2014, 10:03 AM

Somebody tell that moron that the correct term is actually "Fidai", which means someone who sacrifice oneself. It's not a new term because it was used to describe Algerian suicide bombers during the war against French occupation (for instance). Shahid is a broad term for people who die in combat.

Fucking wannabes.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #125 - October 09, 2014, 10:07 AM

Shaheed is actually just a "martyr", and you don't have to die in battle in order to be counted as a shaheed. For example, someone who dies from a stomach pain/disease or by drowning is also counted as a shaheed, or a mother who dies in child birth Grin

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #126 - October 09, 2014, 10:21 AM

Reply #127 - October 09, 2014, 10:23 AM

Yes.
    I searched "Islam victim blaming" on Google search bar and I found a thread about rape victim blaming in Islam on ummah.com .
    Ridiculous! Many of those Muslims, especially the dudes wrote how much they think that marital rape is okay and rape is caused by "immodest" women.
    I will be writing about rape soon. See you on the thread!

Many are so invested in Islam that they shoot themselves in the foot defending it. Yesterday one of my classmates tried to defending the hadith that women are deficient in the mind by talking about brain size. Brain size does not dictate intelligence nor is the mind the same as the brain. This was in front of a woman professor. I thought I would have to get some string to keep her jaw from dropping.
     Reply #128 - October 09, 2014, 02:03 PM

How many times have you had to resist the urge to backhand someone? Grin

Reply #129 - October 09, 2014, 03:49 PM

Many are so invested in Islam that they shoot themselves in the foot defending it. Yesterday one of my classmates tried to defending the hadith that women are deficient in the mind by talking about brain size. Brain size does not dictate intelligence nor is the mind the same as the brain. This was in front of a woman professor. I thought I would have to get some string to keep her jaw from dropping.

Still keep forgetting you are a student. Maybe I'll never accept it.

Did your professor otherwise react well?
     Reply #130 - October 09, 2014, 07:50 PM

Seriously?....
     Reply #131 - October 09, 2014, 08:43 PM

And what about the students? I mean, I would definitely get into an argument with such a prick LOL.
     Reply #132 - October 09, 2014, 08:51 PM

So, did anyone explain to this twit that he was kinda making the opposite point?

(I'm assuming he was male)

Reply #133 - October 09, 2014, 08:56 PM

What, by appearing stupid to the female PROFESSOR?

Tongue
     Reply #134 - October 09, 2014, 09:02 PM

Yeah. And classmates. It's kinda like when white supremacists start banging on. I always think they are not exactly doing us white people a favour. Cheesy

Reply #135 - October 09, 2014, 09:04 PM

You subconsciously racist against yourself person you!

:p
     Reply #136 - October 09, 2014, 09:08 PM

I tend to be a bit racist against the fucking idiot group. grin12

Reply #137 - October 09, 2014, 09:10 PM

Good on ya mate!
     Reply #138 - October 09, 2014, 09:33 PM

So, did anyone explain to this twit that he was kinda making the opposite point?

(I'm assuming he was male)

Yes he was a male student from KSA. I do not expect many to realize how stupid their communicated thoughts are when it comes to defending their views of their religion. Especially when the topic was women in Islam with the changes in the world. He was never a happy camper in the class in the first place since her husband, also a scholar, was not teaching the class. It was more of shock and awe experience. People around here rarely express their views of the other sex, race or ethnic group in public while right in front of a member of the group they are talking about.

How many times have you had to resist the urge to backhand someone? Grin

More often than you think.

It was screwed moment as the class is supported by the MSA and local mosques for the purpose of breaking down misrepresentations of Islam. Yet right in the class there is a person which help propagate the negative view of Islam by opening their mouth letting the stupid flow. However as I have previously posted here a lot of Muslims born/converted in Canada are far more moderate and liberal. Many of the issues with Islam are being imported by waves of conservative immigrants. I know a few have linked videos about changes in the Muslim community by ultra-conservatives   

No she did not react well but she could do little besides moving on. He was expressing his view which is granted by freedom of speech and academic freedom.
     Reply #139 - October 09, 2014, 10:24 PM

Some of the shit there makes me sick.

Hmm... Sort of feel bad about my screen name on here. It must confirm quite a few conspiracy theories in their minds...
     Reply #140 - October 09, 2014, 10:52 PM

Grin

Reply #141 - October 10, 2014, 12:27 AM

No she did not react well but she could do little besides moving on. He was expressing his view which is granted by freedom of speech and academic freedom.

I was under the impression that academic freedom had a more narrow scope than just students talking shit in the middle of class. Like a protection for professors whose inquiry brings them at odds with the political/religious views of their institution?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #142 - October 10, 2014, 01:19 AM

It wasn't talking shit but part of a discussion. Even stupid views can be expressed in such a manner. However religion and politics still has protection from being called bigoted for fear of being labelled anti-religious or anti-"ideological" . If this was about race the administration would do something. It has not just happen at SFU but out east as well and outside the education system. It is one of the reasons why I am critical of the PC crowd for silencing views for the sake of people with thin skin. SFU has had a lot of issues with freedom of speech and academic freedom. A few years ago a few ex-students threatened to break up any pro-Israeli protests or support groups on campus. They were Muslims with an anti-Israeli stance but they took it too far with the threats. This then caused other to view the inability of the administration to take action or to even report these people as an anti-Israeli stance. The administration lack the will to take action at times.
     Reply #143 - October 10, 2014, 03:19 AM

http://www.ummah.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-353944.html
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?353944-Beautiful-Hadiths&s=ed7ea888df06f05459777fc8fc02bcbd

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #144 - October 10, 2014, 03:41 AM

Got to love the context argument.

And the casual jew-hating.
     Reply #145 - October 10, 2014, 05:47 AM

Those pesky jews.

Reply #146 - December 28, 2014, 06:45 PM

Say hello to ummah.com members and AbuMubarak, they are reading this thread.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?81431-To-Kafirs-ONLY-How-has-Ummah-com-changed-your-perception-of-Islam/page5

Greetings Are you sure your Iman can withstand this forum? Wink

You must have been lurking a lot to find this thread.
     Reply #147 - December 28, 2014, 07:27 PM

And another gem from our dear lad.

Who is to blame for a man's lust for women?

Reply #148 - December 28, 2014, 07:39 PM

And another gem from our dear lad.

Who is to blame for a man's lust for women?

Por dios.  Flaming mad

I just use ummah.com as a self reminder of how dangerous Islam can be.
     Reply #149 - December 28, 2014, 07:48 PM

Say hello to ummah.com members and AbuMubarak, they are reading this thread.

Damn, and we're reading their thread. What is the world coming to? parrot

You must have been lurking a lot to find this thread.

How did you find theirs? grin12

• Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 7 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »