Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Have you been to Ummah.com ?

(Read 107162 times)
  • 12 3 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Have you been to Ummah.com ?
     OP - June 25, 2013, 07:05 AM

I have recently did a question thread where one of the kind people who answered mentioned Ummah so I thought I would check it out. It was quite interesting, I found some people who would likely join this site in the future whistling2
    The counselling section is filled with teenage pregnancy angst, confused sexualities and many more problems that just make you think about how no one can be truly pious. So i suppose I am not really asking a question about it but if you would like to share something interesting/ funny feel free to, and give me your thoughts and opinions about the sites/ the people on it.
    As Always
           - Mother Kitty Cat

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #1 - June 27, 2013, 06:17 AM

I went in there for about three days when I was trying to be a bit more Muslim due to wifey pressures. I found most of the people on there to be quite nice and they had the same fears, hopes, insecurities and the need to belong to a group as any people on any forum do I suppose. Many of the guys on there seemed to be trying to reconcile some of their more modern and liberal views with some of the crazy ones purported by their religion. But unfortunately, their voice was crowded out by a brash, loud minority that seemed intent on policing the site with their very conservative views. These crazy misogynist, racist, homophobic, and paranoid bigots managed to constantly remind me how shit, backward and archaic Islam can be when in the wrong hands, so I realised that I was never going to find any renewed respect for Islam by being there, so I left.

Funny story from being in there? I can't do funny, but one guy used to put me down by saying, 'Why should we listen to you, you like music.' Which was just about as cutting and as devastating a put-down as any I've ever encountered. I cried for weeks. Even now, it hurts me to talk about it.

Anyways, it feels like this thread shouldn't die so suddenly Miss Wisely. Belated welcome to the forum btw

Hi
     Reply #2 - August 06, 2013, 10:26 AM

I went on there and decided they were the religious version of racists. Religicists? Sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, brainwashed cult mentality. If I lived among those people I'd probably go insane and/or kill myself.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3 - August 06, 2013, 02:02 PM

I haven't been to Ummah.com but I do go to some Muslim forums/sites at time just to get a laugh or be appalled. One of the funniest times was when there was a discussion about the haraamness of masturbation. One girl commented that the hand of whomever self pleasures will be impregnated on the day of Judgement and they will have to explain why did they such a horrible thing as *gasp* touching their private parts.  Cheesy
     Reply #4 - August 06, 2013, 02:30 PM

Ahh, islam. if it harms no one it's sinful. If it harms someone, it's holy. Fucking shame.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #5 - August 06, 2013, 02:37 PM

i have been banned about 6 or 7 times.

Reply #6 - August 06, 2013, 03:24 PM

Must be doing something right.

Reply #7 - August 06, 2013, 07:53 PM

I remember when I used to visit those cesspits back when I was a Muslim. Used to be a member on SunniForum too, another cesspit, but got banned for saying masturbation is ok. Though that was after I became far more liberal.

These threads are a good reminder as to how Islam often twists human beings:

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?369002-I-need-help-accepting-that-I-am-a-second-wife
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?370918-Marriage-with-non-Muslims-Why-do-we-argue-when-the-rules-are-clear-like-daylight
    http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?369913-what-age-is-a-female-child-alowed-to-marry
     Reply #8 - August 06, 2013, 08:39 PM

Musivore, thank you for the welcome!

As for that story about the second wife I just find it sick and twisted that these shitheads are telling her to "forgive and forget". Bitch please, hell no.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #9 - September 10, 2013, 07:54 PM

I used to post on there all the time back when I was a muslim. When I apostatised I took the step of officially announcing it on there, and received sorrow, confusion, anger and scorn in return.

Finally my thread was locked. When I questioned whether Muhammad sanctioned the execution of apostates it was also deleted.
     Reply #10 - October 02, 2013, 07:51 PM

Haha, could you show us the thread Kodanshi? where you announced you left?
     Reply #11 - October 02, 2013, 07:59 PM

............When I apostatised I took the step of officially announcing it on there, .................

I wonder whether  Kodanshi was "ibelieve"  at Ummah.com

some of us should really  join that forum  .. off course there "be a Muslim"

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #12 - October 02, 2013, 08:03 PM

As for that story about the second wife I just find it sick and twisted that these shitheads are telling her to "forgive and forget". Bitch please, hell no.

Lol, the silliest I have had the displeasure of reading:

.mirror.

I think the bigger problem on your plate is a husband who doesn't pray 5 times a day. This is a BIG deal. Not praying is a major sin.

Talk about priorities!

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #13 - October 03, 2013, 07:00 PM

No. I was Mr ®hizomati© on ummah. And they deleted the thread a short while after locking it Huh?.

Found a post on another forum that I’d made about that post though:

Well, I did it. And they closed my thread within ½–an–hour. One particular woman’s reaction really really touched me. A kind and gentle soul, I believe she would undoubtedly act that way whatever religion (or no) she followed. Quite a few made derogatory comments and claimed I had posted it to spread ‘fitnah’, calling for the moderators to ban me, etc. I liked all the pos–rep points I received for my thread though — but it mostly consisted of people asking me to reconsider my position. I simply don’t believe in any accepted notions of divinity. How can I reconsider my ‘position’?

Choice quote: “are you serious, dont bs us.

man i bet this fool is some dude that had this planned out beforehand and is just here to start fitnah.”

Roll Eyes

Hilariously, though people expressed disapproval, anger and sadness at my announcing my apostasy, they didn’t really grow enraged until they thought I had insulted Muhammad. Typical. Blaspheme against Allah all you want (I’d fucking said I don’t believe in GOD! How much worse can it get for a muslim!?), but the instant I made a comment about Muhammad I had my thread closed down. And they say they worship Allah alone…?

Reply #14 - October 03, 2013, 09:51 PM

From what people say they seem to have a habit of deleting threads that ask questions.

Reply #15 - October 03, 2013, 11:58 PM

I used to be on some boards long, long, ago. I would always politely debate this very nice Buddhist. I think I owe him some sort of apology. I can't remember his name.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #16 - October 04, 2013, 12:00 AM

Really? Apology for what? No need to answer if you don't want to, just mildly curious.

Reply #17 - October 04, 2013, 12:24 AM

For debating him with religious text taken out of context. He always had to remind me when the surah was given and for what, and how I can't apply it to the matter at hand. I must have been annoying.

Reply #18 - October 04, 2013, 12:29 AM

Lol yeah I've noticed that about muslims. If there's something that puts islam in a shitty light, you have to look at the context and have someone explain why it's not as bad as it says it is. If it's something that puts islam in a good light, no need for context. I'd love it if the next time some wanker insisted on "There is no compulsion in religion" they then explain the context to that is no muslim can be compelled to leave the faith.

Reply #19 - October 04, 2013, 12:39 AM

Well, he sure tried to break me of it. I did learn a great deal from him. Namaste to him, where ever he might be.

Reply #20 - October 04, 2013, 12:41 AM

I remember debating someone on the whole scientific miracle claim, They basically said "Oh you probably read that at so and so. The thing is, they aren't muslim" and I was like what the fuck does that have to do with whether or not the it's true? Replied saying that I've read the quran.

Reply #21 - October 04, 2013, 12:49 AM

Yep.
    Hey, did you know that Oct 6 is Mad Hatter day?

Reply #22 - October 04, 2013, 12:50 AM

No I did not know that. Is it an American thing?

Reply #23 - October 04, 2013, 12:51 AM

Coincidently I have a hat for the occasion. Jester of the Month bitches Cool

dance

Reply #24 - October 04, 2013, 01:01 AM

I think it might be an American thing. It's from the original illustration of Alice. There was a 10 and a 6 in the Hatter's hat.

Reply #25 - October 04, 2013, 01:03 AM

One month to go till bonfire night dance

Reply #26 - October 04, 2013, 01:37 AM

Here that is candy night. Unfortunately, one of my kids starting keeping track of things lately, so I can't just dip into their candy stash this year. I am trying to come up with strategies to get their candy away from them without scarring them for life. So far all I can think to do is trade for toys or books. Last year we spent two hours trick or treating and got maybe six pounds (three kilos) of candy. Too much for little kids.

Reply #27 - October 04, 2013, 01:46 AM

Are they looking forward to Halloween? Which I thought was candy night Huh?

Reply #28 - October 04, 2013, 02:07 AM

Oh yes. They love it. Last year was their first.

Reply #29 - October 04, 2013, 02:18 AM

So you were thinking Halloween, not bonfire night?

• 12 3 ... 28 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »