Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: How readily did you move onto non-halal meat and alcohol?

(Read 13530 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • How readily did you move onto non-halal meat and alcohol?
     Reply #30 - July 11, 2013, 08:52 PM

Big chunks of boiled ham, thick cheese, Branston pickle and lettuce sandwich made with fresh, chewy wholemeal bread.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Re: How readily did you move onto non-halal meat and alcohol?
     Reply #31 - July 12, 2013, 12:37 AM

I've heard that absinthe tastes horrible and the main purpose of it is to get you drunk quickly (due to the high alcohol content)

The taste resembles ouzo if you've ever consumed that.
  • Re: How readily did you move onto non-halal meat and alcohol?
     Reply #32 - July 12, 2013, 12:46 AM

It seems peculiar to absinthe. I can drink Jack all night, but a couple of absinthes and it's over. K.O.

I used to be able to hammer 7 or 8 doubles in 45 minutes. Diluted with water and icecubes on top. Europeanised lion's milk I guess. These days I don't eat enough to warrant drinking with such fervour.
     Reply #33 - July 12, 2013, 04:01 AM

Pork is simply amazing.

I don't mean it in a hyperbolic 'oooh ex-muslim so edgy now she likes pork' kinda way. I mean pork is truly a thing of beauty.

It's like an objective fact that pork is tasty. I have vegetarian friends that crave it. That juicy, salty taste of bacon is perhaps one of the finest indulgences in life. I don't mean cheap and mingy bacon. I mean thick succulent bacon and eggs in a soft bun. I mean the taste and texture of gammon steak with fried eggs. The pink meat with runny egg yolk, just those two simple ingredients together is one of my favourite things to eat. Barbecued pork steak. Lincolnshire pork sausages. Sunday roast. Pork crackling. Is there anything more tasty than crunching into some roasted crackling when it's done perfectly? Or sweet and sour pork. Or thin stir-fried strips, still soft and moist. Or ribs. Come on. Ribs, man. Forget bananas as the "Atheist's Nightmare" proof of Intelligent Design. Ribs would be more convincing. It's like they were ergonomically designed to be devoured by mankind. To be dipped in sauce and gorged on using your fingers.

popcorn

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

Reply #34 - July 12, 2013, 04:06 AM

Pork is simply amazing.

I don't mean it in a hyperbolic 'oooh ex-muslim so edgy now she likes pork' kinda way. I mean pork is truly a thing of beauty.

It's like an objective fact that pork is tasty. I have vegetarian friends that crave it. That juicy, salty taste of bacon is perhaps one of the finest indulgences in life. I don't mean cheap and mingy bacon. I mean thick succulent bacon and eggs in a soft bun. I mean the taste and texture of gammon steak with fried eggs. The pink meat with runny egg yolk, just those two simple ingredients together is one of my favourite things to eat. Barbecued pork steak. Lincolnshire pork sausages. Sunday roast. Pork crackling. Is there anything more tasty than crunching into some roasted crackling when it's done perfectly? Or sweet and sour pork. Or thin stir-fried strips, still soft and moist. Or ribs. Come on. Ribs, man. Forget bananas as the "Atheist's Nightmare" proof of Intelligent Design. Ribs would be more convincing. It's like they were ergonomically designed to be devoured by mankind. To be dipped in sauce and gorged on using your fingers.

Wow....sounds yum yum...  Afro  piggy
    Too bad,its so hard to find ham or porks in my country  Cry
     Reply #35 - July 19, 2013, 10:07 AM

The taste resembles ouzo if you've ever consumed that.

Absinthe I had tasted like liquorice to me. One of the few sweets I didn't like growing up.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #36 - July 19, 2013, 10:28 AM

Big chunks of boiled ham

The English way. And fab.

Thin slivers of  translucent, deep red Serrano ham.
    The Spanish way. And fab.

Sweet, dark, glistening, slow-cooked fatty pork.
    The Taiwanese/Okinawan way. And fab.

Yes, I'm getting the horn.
     Reply #37 - July 19, 2013, 06:02 PM

Absinthe I had tasted like liquorice to me. One of the few sweets I didn't like growing up.

Heathen.  Blasphemer.  Liquorice is teh awesome.  dance

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #38 - July 19, 2013, 06:07 PM

Why does the quote option never show up for me when it's the latest comment? Seems to work for other people. Whatever, I saw your other post. cockney accent was it? Says it all.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #39 - July 19, 2013, 06:27 PM

Don't hate, appreciate.   dance me china plate. 

Reply #40 - July 19, 2013, 07:53 PM

Why does the quote option never show up for me when it's the latest comment? Seems to work for other people.

Same here. I press the red "Reply"-button below the last post and come to a new page (with the posts in bottom-up order) where I then can punch a "Quote" button for the last (top-most) post.

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #41 - July 19, 2013, 08:13 PM

Yea, the quote on the last post button was removed because it was being abused by people who would quote the mammoth post, rather than simply just reply to the last post.  So some threads were just quotes of huge posts, to say something like "wow" underneath it. 

Reply #42 - July 19, 2013, 10:32 PM

Well that's completely unnecessary.

Reply #43 - July 01, 2014, 02:13 PM

I consumed alcohol while I still considered myself "Muslim" but the meat I couldn't for some reason till I was secured with my atheism.

I really want to get my hand on space brownies though.

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #44 - July 01, 2014, 02:29 PM

I have never tried any pig based products,  I always feel some sort of guilt.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #45 - July 01, 2014, 03:04 PM

Bacon. How can anyone refuse good quality dry cured bacon?
    Especially smoked.
    In a sandwich with thick-sliced granary bread.
    With lettuce, slices of tomato and mayonnaise.

Hang on. I'll be be off-line for a little while.

A Nigel Slater variation includes banana....

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #46 - July 01, 2014, 03:08 PM

I wonder if a formal programme like in France is needed.  The Chefs in French schools are trainee Cordon Bleu!

http://karenlebillon.com/books/

French children happily eat everything–and most of what they eat is healthy. That’s not all: child obesity rates in France are significantly lower than in North America, where poor nutrition is so widespread that it threatens the health and well-being of our children. So how do French parents teach their children how to eat so well? And how do the French government and school systems support families, teachers, and farmers to provide food education? FRENCH KIDS EAT EVERYTHING answers these questions, and more.

Moving her young family to her husband’s hometown in Northern France, Karen Le Billon is prepared for some cultural adjustment, but is surprised by the French food education she and her family (at first unwillingly) receive. In contrast to her daughters’ picky eating habits, French children feed themselves neatly and happily—eating everything from beets to broccoli, salad to spinach, mussels to muesli. The family’s food habits soon come under scrutiny, as Karen is lectured for slipping her fussing toddler a snack–“a recipe for obesity!”—and forbidden from packing her older daughter a lunch in lieu of the elaborate meal on the school menu.

The family soon begins to see the wisdom in the “food rules” that help the French foster healthy eating habits and good manners—from the rigid “no snacking” rule to commonsense food routines that we used to share but have somehow forgotten. Soon, the family cures picky eating and learns to love trying new foods. But the real challenge comes when they move back to North America—where their family commitment to “eating French” is put to the test. The result is a family food revolution, with surprising but happy results–which suggest we need to dramatically rethink both the way we parent, and the way we feed children, at home and at school.

One of the rules is that a child must taste something fifteen times before saying they do not like it.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #47 - July 05, 2014, 09:13 PM

I was raised on pork - it and chicken are main products in Polish cuisine - so I started eating it again maybe two weeks after my apostasy, the day I stopped covering. I tried a bit of alcohol some time later but I don't really like it. I don't know how could I drink so much of it in my teens, really... Wink  probably just to get drunk  wacko however, if I was offered some amaretto, I wouldn't refuse a glass  dance
     Reply #48 - August 21, 2014, 10:12 PM

Neither took too long because I already had both whilst being a Muslim lol.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »