Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)

(Read 97076 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • MMA (Mixed Martial Arts)
     Reply #240 - December 31, 2016, 07:06 AM

Edmond is a top class coach.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #241 - January 01, 2017, 09:55 PM

It's really sickening how everyone is jumping on the bullying Rousey bandwagon. She did get fucked up but part of the blame has to be placed on her coaching team.

Tbh , Nunes isn't even that much of an elite striker. The aforementioned label is reserved for fighters like my girl Joanna.

My mind runs, I can never catch it even if I get a head start.
     Reply #242 - January 01, 2017, 10:38 PM

The Rousey bullying has gone too far a long time ago. Fuck those haters  finmad

I've said from the beginning that her boxing is below average, but that's on her coach team. I can't for the life of me undertand why she would stay loyal to people who convince her that she has good enough striking when she obviously doesn't. I watched one of her sparring videos and I noticed her sparring partner was intentionally giving her openings and not capitalizing when she was making basic rookie mistakes. And a couple of videos with her striking, good lord it was embarrassing. And that just shows that she's not given the right feedback nor training, and it pisses me off. Because Rousey is good. After Nunes got knocked out the last time, she trained hard. When you watch her style, technique and skills from before the loss to Zingano and compare that to the fight with Schevchenko, it's not the same Nunes in any way. Rousey on the other hand... She lost confidence in herself. As a Rousey fan I want her to chance gym, coaches, talk to therapist to sort out all the mess in her head, and get back into the octagon and kick ass like I know she can and has done before.

And yes, Joanna is a badass. I love that woman.  parrot

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #243 - January 01, 2017, 11:15 PM

Her boxing, especially head movement, is embarrassingly below average. It's like she was taking part in the mannequin challenge or something.

Alas, although we've established that stand up isn't her strength, I'd still like to know what was going on in the head of her coach. You've gotta be a special type of dickhead to try and turn a judoka into a boxer in the space of a few camps.

Reply #244 - January 02, 2017, 12:12 AM

She's been in MMA for the past 7 years now, that's not a couple of camps. When you train MMA, that includes having decent enough boxing to be able to stand against strikers and capitalize with a take-down. Either Rousey completely lacks self-insight, or her coaches are being intentional assholes. Maybe both.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #245 - January 02, 2017, 12:22 AM

The above was slightly tongue-in-cheek. I just don't think that Rousey is built to stand and bang. Some people just can't be turned into efficient  strikers at the UFC level, and that's cool. The problem arises when they've been mollycoddled.

I sure as hell cant out wrestle some of the people I've sparred with, but I can definitely take their head off given the right moment. People need to work to their strengths.

Anyway, I'm more interested in the male divisions. Hmu if you want to talk about the welterweights.

Reply #246 - January 02, 2017, 12:31 AM

Ronda will never be a striker, just as much as Joanna will never be a grappler. That doesn't mean Joanna hasn't been able to defend and get up from every take-down attempt even from Gadelha....

Reply #247 - January 02, 2017, 12:39 AM

Right, that's my point.

This is why the 20 or so seconds of Ronda blocking Nunes' strikes with her head while trying to clinch-up are even more worrying.

She was either being mollycoddled or there are some serious technical flaws in her game. Probably both, probably both and more.

Idk much about the women's division, how apparent was her weak standup pre-Holm?

Reply #248 - January 02, 2017, 10:45 AM

How apparent, you ask? For someone who knows their stand-up, it was more than visible. At least in my opinion. But I think most of us, including myself, just thought of it as something that would be improved and refined as the years went by (for example, like in the case with Nunes). Even in the vs Correia fight I thought to myself what shitty stand up was on display, Rousey won that fight for other reasons than her skill or technique. I don't think she'll ever win a fight again in her life unless she does some serious re-modelling.

Reply #249 - January 02, 2017, 12:59 PM

My goodness gracious.,I would have never imagined some of you guys  whose posts I read often  are interested in martial arts and beating up people for fun ...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #250 - January 02, 2017, 01:26 PM

Fighting and martial arts is the best thing in the world  parrot

Reply #251 - January 02, 2017, 01:35 PM

Fighting and martial arts is the best thing in the world  parrot

well  Cornflower I wish you happy new year., and you do have point there.,  as an exercise Fighting and martial arts is the best thing for womenfolks ..   As long as  no innocents get  hurt and no one bullies others for no good reason.,  I too think it is OK.,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLOadLVT5XU

well there., I am writing from Quran  Cheesy

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Reply #252 - January 02, 2017, 02:36 PM

My goodness gracious.,I would have never imagined some of you guys  whose posts I read often  are interested in martial arts and beating up people for fun ...

Fight me

Reply #253 - January 02, 2017, 03:41 PM

Fight me

To fight you  either we have to go to that Homeric Troy Troy times or  we have to take the planet earth to that troy time  some 5th century BC??   Cheesy

15 years ago before  i started writing and writing to web  I would  have done that in a village gully or on a street Qtian....

but  now  let me read and write  some stuff..

Reply #254 - January 02, 2017, 03:42 PM

I will embarrass you, middle-aged man.

Haath hain mere jese hon hathiyaar.

Reply #255 - January 02, 2017, 04:03 PM

Fight me

Are you sure you know who you're dealing with?

I  haven't slept more than six hrs for the past 20 years .. And to get that sleep I still  do some 20 squats with  some  300 pounds on shoulders   and take bath before I go to sleep 

That is NOT  insomnia  dear abidali., A good sound sleep of 5 hrs is good enough ..Running..running...Exercise ..Exercise ..  and and  ONLY LIQUID DIET .. no solid  food  for one month .. try that

with best regards
    yeezevee

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #256 - January 02, 2017, 04:10 PM

Did I stutter?

Reply #257 - January 04, 2017, 04:50 PM

Did I stutter?

I'd pay to see this. Not the stutter. The fight.
     Reply #258 - January 12, 2017, 01:00 AM

Haath hain mere jese hon hathiyaar.

Cheesy

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #259 - January 22, 2017, 11:51 PM

Who ya'll got for Chris Brown vs. Soulja Boy?

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #260 - January 23, 2017, 10:16 PM

Both are pussies

One is a dancing fuckboy and I can't even be bothered to insult the other.

Reply #261 - February 05, 2017, 01:33 AM

Omg I've only watched this once and I've already identified several fatal flaws

- Shit footwork
    - Shitty head movement
    - Fixation with fighting inside the pocket
    - Not using dem hips
    - Shit coach

No wonder Ronda got ragdolled.

https://youtu.be/jaVin4KZlWw

Reply #262 - February 06, 2017, 10:05 PM

*sigh* that's what I was talking about before :/

Reply #263 - February 08, 2017, 12:59 AM

Idc I'm blaming Edmond. I've seen how this prick holds pads, he's not fit to coach anything boxing related.

Reply #264 - February 12, 2017, 05:22 PM

The 145 lbs. women's division is dead on arrival. The championship was such an obvious cash grab by the new owners. Holm vs. GDR shouldn't have headlined a PPV or been for a championship. It went similarly to Holm vs. Shevchenko, where we saw how Holly isn't as effective on the lead as she is on the counter, and when she's forced to lead it makes for a boring fight. Holly kept making noise before she was about to throw any strike, and kept doing the 1-2-kick or 1-2-1-2-kick combo that she drilled.

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #265 - February 12, 2017, 06:43 PM

Whoever decided they couldn't wait for Cyborg are assholes through and though. The 145-division belongs to her. We'll see how this ends up, I just hope they didn't screw this up entirely. For Cyborg  Cry

Reply #266 - February 20, 2017, 10:27 PM

"Where Ronda Rousey fine ass at?"
    - Derrick Lewis

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #267 - April 16, 2017, 01:28 AM

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #268 - May 08, 2017, 12:25 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I87Eg6AARIU

- Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #269 - May 14, 2017, 05:07 AM

Correctly predicted all the 211 results. Thanks for the ££ Joanna.

• Previous page 1 ... 7 8 910 11 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »