Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Finally Free Thinking

(Read 2196 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Finally Free Thinking
     OP - March 04, 2013, 12:37 AM

Hi everyone  Smiley

I'm new to this forum, and just wanted to share my story. I left Islam almost 2 years ago now, when I was 16. I used to be a pretty outspoken Muslim, often taking to the Internet to defend Islam and show it as a good, and peaceful religion. I guess I was a bit of a reformist, cherry-picking the good parts Islam and ignoring the bad. That all changed as I began to learn more and more about Islam. I would often debate with athiests, and their attacks on Islam would require me to research and learn more about some of the dirtier aspects of Islam. And that line of extra research began to show me what "true" Islam really was, and it all went down from there. Hadith like "Women are deficient in intelligence and religion compared to men", "Whoever changes his religion, kill him", as well as the numerous scientific errors in the qur'an started to put serious doubts in my mind.

I guess I went through a crisis of faith for a while. All of this questioning Islam took place during Ramadan, a time where I was supposed to be strenghtening my deen, not questioning it. But the more I learnt, the more I thought and analyzed it from an outside perspective, all of the things about Islam started to appear ridiculous and brutal to me. At first I didn't want to leave, I thought something was wrong with me. I mean, I believed in Islam for all the 16 years of my life, how I could I question the truth and blessings Allah had given to me when he made me a Muslim, the purest of all religions? Also I guess it was just... hard giving up on everything your family and friends believed to, but after a few months I decided that I just didn't believe in Islam. I did some pretty serious thinking for a while, I mean it was probably a year long process almost, but I finally came to terms with my phiolosphical outlook on life. I'm now an athiest, and absolutely reject the fairy tales and brutality of Islam.

Of course, I can't tell any of my family or friends. I live in Canada, but even then the violence that Islam demands on apostates is still a possibility, not to mention that I'd get disowned by my family and abandoned by my community. It really sucks having to put up with this charade, having to keep my mouth shut everytime I hear Islamic bullshit. Haha one time a guest molvi came to our mosque, and gave a speech why evolution is false, the big bang is a lie, Einstien was wrong and a dirty Jew, and so on. I was so furious, I was ready to get up and just storm out, but I realized that would probably attract to much attention on me so I kept shut, even though I really really wanted to speak out. I hope one day I can just leave this behind and live my own life.

Thankfully I'm not alone  Smiley It's so great to hear there are other people going through the same problems!
  • Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #1 - March 04, 2013, 01:15 AM

Hi, great to have you here FreeThinker Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #2 - March 04, 2013, 07:25 AM

Welcome, FreeThinking Smiley

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
  • Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #3 - March 04, 2013, 03:52 PM

parrot

Be careful out there!  (OK, who knows what that is a quote from!)

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
  • Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #4 - March 04, 2013, 05:12 PM

Welcome Freethinking.
    One thing I've learned here is that you're never alone. Smiley

Il faut savoir grandir et aller de l'avant.
  • Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #5 - March 04, 2013, 08:08 PM

Just like my recent thread. Seems like the more one learns about Islam the more likely they are to leave. Many of the members here left after doing more research for sake of defending Islam only to realize that the flaws being pointed out by people on the outside were correct. Tsk tsk.. see this is where thinking too much gets you.

WELCOME Cheesy

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Finally Free Thinking
     Reply #6 - March 04, 2013, 08:29 PM

parrot

Be careful out there!  (OK, who knows what that is a quote from!)

The TV series Hill Street Blues ?

Like a compass needle that points north, a man?s accusing finger always finds a woman. Always.

Khaled Hosseini - A thousand splendid suns.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »