Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim...Now a free-thinking Atheist!

(Read 3704 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim...Now a free-thinking Atheist!
     OP - March 01, 2013, 07:30 PM

Hey Everyone.

Thought I'd finally drop in and say my 'hi' and 'hellos' up here.

I'm an ex-Muslim, born and bred in Abu-Dhabi, U.A.E. but of Pakistani origin, currently residing in the U.K. I was born in a religious family, taught into an Islamic English School. Even though I was stuck in a school that made Islamic teachings mandatory for everyone, I was kind of a rebel back then, what with being really fascinated to the western side of things, namely music, movies, culture and whatnot which made me feel the need to have the enthusiasm to explore the rest of the world (A dream which I still yearn to achieve someday)

Even though the Emirates is somewhat liberal in their system of governance, its still nevertheless, an Islamic country at heart.

I've been a skeptic ever since I've been a teenager, where everything I ever questioned about religion was easily shunned away and shot down, with no answers given to it. Moving to Pakistan made it all the more worse, where most of my liberal rights were taken away more and more. I still kept on questioning my religious beliefs, saw so many contradictions, barbaric treatment by the public, ignorance and altogether a huge suppression of freedom of speech coupled with a totally corrupted Government.

It's only when I came to the U.K. where I received assertions for the answers I received for my questions. Freedom of rights, choice, expressions, all came to light once you've found the 'Ugly Truth' about Islam.

Giving up religion not only has opened up my by a huge great deal, but also made me focus more on other aspects of topics like Music (Aspiring to be a big-name Club DJ sometime soon!) a topic that was greatly shunned and revolted by religion.

I guess that's all for now, but hopefully will be able to meet and discuss with other like-minded people and others who've got great insights, thoughts, ideas and whatnot in their heads.

Nice meeting you all once-again...And last but not the least:

Keep up with the kick-ass work! (I'll drink to that!)  Afro
     Reply #1 - March 01, 2013, 07:34 PM

Wonderful to have you here RD  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - March 01, 2013, 08:03 PM

Welcome to the forum, the western side of things isn't always that great. But it's the best we have to help humanity move forward. And I wouldn't want to swap it for the centuries old theocratic based garbage that some see as an alternative.
     Reply #3 - March 01, 2013, 08:47 PM

I do agree to that point UberSlave. The western world has its fair share of problems, but to move ahead, I don't see any way forward than a place that does provide equal rights and a freedom to profess what you feel.

Much much better than a place that suppresses or curbs the freedom to think.
     Reply #4 - March 01, 2013, 08:56 PM

I told Muslims today that I speak to Ex Muslims. They laughed at the concept of 'Ex Muslim', and asked if I also believe in Santa Clause.

Seeing as you do exist, here is a parrot   parrot
    and one for Santa too parrot
     Reply #5 - March 01, 2013, 11:11 PM

Welcome RD Smiley
     Reply #6 - March 01, 2013, 11:54 PM

hi and welcome  Smiley
     Reply #7 - March 01, 2013, 11:58 PM

Welcome to our humble abode. parrot

Interesting journey. Afro

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • Re: Ex-Muslim...Now a free-thinking Atheist!
     Reply #8 - March 02, 2013, 12:20 AM

I told Muslims today that I speak to Ex Muslims. They laughed at the concept of 'Ex Muslim', and asked if I also believe in Santa Clause.

That is the funniest thing I've read all day.   Cheesy
     Reply #9 - March 03, 2013, 08:34 PM

Nice to meet the rest of you all! I'm expecting to be a regular on here. So hopefully will try to stick up as much as possible. Smiley

Hahaha, just goes to show some people can be as deluded as they come.
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »