Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hello

(Read 4585 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hello
     OP - March 21, 2013, 05:50 AM

Hi Everyone,

Came across this group via twitter so I thought I would introduce myself. I think most people here are from the UK, but I'm from the good ole USA.

I have actually been an ex-muslim for a few years. Like most South Asians, I was blindly following Islam until I actually learned about it in my religion class during college. It wasn't Islam that I began to hate, but religion in general. Luckily, my dad has never been very religious. He prays five times a day, but has never forced me to be religious. I haven't told my family that I am an ex-muslim. Most of my family is quite religious and I assume they think I am not very religious. I am also lucky that I have a spouse who is also an ex-muslim. I don't really have a strong bond with a majority of my family since they are very religious. I feel like an outcast at times when we have large family gatherings  Cry

I don't "hate" Islam. I have no problems with Muslims in general. Most Muslims I meet are not very religious, they just blindly follow what they've been taught by their parents. Some of them can be judgmental, but that's probably found in all religions.

What I am worried about is religion influencing policy decisions and getting in the way of general progression. This is a huge problem in the states. I also have a difficult time absorbing some of the extremely conservative viewpoints that some of my family members have.

Overall, I am a liberal, peace-loving, ex-muslim who wants to see progression in the world without the barriers of religion. I'm happy to see such a forum exists. It can be quite isolating for an Ex-Muslim.
  • Hello
     Reply #1 - March 21, 2013, 05:58 AM

What I am worried about is religion influencing policy decisions and getting in the way of general progression. This is a huge problem in the states.

Not just in the States.

Oh, and howdy.

(Is that Texan enough for you?)
  • Hello
     Reply #2 - March 21, 2013, 06:09 AM

Welcome evolve. Glad you decided to join the forum. There are lots of people who hold similar views. We don't hate Muslims and we are as concerned about other religions as we are about Islam, when it comes to religion becoming political tools/weapons.

Also, yes while the majority here live in the UK, there is a rather large contingent of us North Americans (I'm Canadian), as well as people from Australia and other parts of the world.

Good to have you here and hope to see you posting and having fun around this place .

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • Hello
     Reply #3 - March 21, 2013, 06:36 AM

Not just in the States.

Oh, and howdy.

(Is that Texan enough for you?)

Haha, I'm from California. Sounds Texan enough to me  Smiley
  • Hello
     Reply #4 - March 21, 2013, 06:39 AM

You are so lucky that your spouse is ex-muslim.
  • Hello
     Reply #5 - March 21, 2013, 06:45 AM

I am very lucky she is ex-muslim. At one point I thought I was never going to find somebody. We do struggle with how we are going to raise our kids in the future (expose to Islam?). I am sure other people in this forum are going through that.
  • Hello
     Reply #6 - March 21, 2013, 07:41 AM

You are so lucky that your spouse is ex-muslim.

+1, i like how he so casually mentioned 'oh and my spouse is ex muslim'  grin12

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

• Hello
     Reply #7 - March 21, 2013, 01:43 PM

<---American too!

Welcome.  parrot bunny
  • Hello
     Reply #8 - March 21, 2013, 01:53 PM

Hello, welcome Smiley

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• Hello
     Reply #9 - March 21, 2013, 02:23 PM

MURICA'  Smiley

hi, Welcome  parrot bunny
  • Hello
     Reply #10 - March 21, 2013, 08:38 PM

welcome

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Hello
     Reply #11 - March 22, 2013, 12:46 AM

Welcome evolve. So much of what you write, I can relate to i.e. the strain to family bonds caused by religion and the extremely conservative viewpoints that they have developed. I also worry about religion influencing policy decisions and stunting progress.

You are lucky to have found an ex-mulslim partner, and at least you are entertaining the idea of having children. I neither have a partner nor do I envision ever having any kids. That's one solution for ex-muslims like me who worry about how to raise children in a muslim environment, don't have any. I guess I'll have to come to terms with just dying alone.
  • Hello
     Reply #12 - March 22, 2013, 04:04 AM

^ That's really sad uber slave far away hug I'm sorry :( You shouldn't let Islam take over your life that. 

Welcome to the forums evolve parrot I'm from Australia and we have plenty of other non-UK members. 
  • Hello
     Reply #13 - March 24, 2013, 04:29 AM

Hi Everyone,

Came across this group via twitter so I thought I would introduce myself. I think most people here are from the UK, but I'm from the good ole USA.

I have actually been an ex-muslim for a few years. Like most South Asians, I was blindly following Islam until I actually learned about it in my religion class during college. It wasn't Islam that I began to hate, but religion in general. Luckily, my dad has never been very religious. He prays five times a day, but has never forced me to be religious. I haven't told my family that I am an ex-muslim. Most of my family is quite religious and I assume they think I am not very religious. I am also lucky that I have a spouse who is also an ex-muslim. I don't really have a strong bond with a majority of my family since they are very religious. I feel like an outcast at times when we have large family gatherings  Cry

I don't "hate" Islam. I have no problems with Muslims in general. Most Muslims I meet are not very religious, they just blindly follow what they've been taught by their parents. Some of them can be judgmental, but that's probably found in all religions.

What I am worried about is religion influencing policy decisions and getting in the way of general progression. This is a huge problem in the states. I also have a difficult time absorbing some of the extremely conservative viewpoints that some of my family members have.

Overall, I am a liberal, peace-loving, ex-muslim who wants to see progression in the world without the barriers of religion. I'm happy to see such a forum exists. It can be quite isolating for an Ex-Muslim.

welcome! which country in south asia are you from? your post reflects almost point-by-point my own life, except for a few things - my mom and dad know. i didn't confess to them, but it happened through arguments about religion. one of the first things i did after seeing the FFI website was to show it to my dad  grin12 and obviously i vehemently denied its claims during my denial phase. but thereafter, i had arguments (civil ones) with my dad about 4:34, slavery, sex with slaves, and other topics. even with this religious (but civil) uncle of mine. so basically, my parents know indirectly from the religious arguments we have. one of my fondest memories, however, was when my dad asked me why the quran allows an unlimited number of sex slaves lol.

The right to think the unthinkable, discuss the unmentionable, and challenge the unchallengeable.
  • Hello
     Reply #14 - March 24, 2013, 04:34 AM

I am very lucky she is ex-muslim. At one point I thought I was never going to find somebody. We do struggle with how we are going to raise our kids in the future (expose to Islam?). I am sure other people in this forum are going through that.

I agree with kutta you are lucky to have an ex muslims spouse.

If both you and your spouse are ex muslim adults living in the U.S.A I think you should come out to your family.

Best to get all the family drama out of the way before you have any kids. 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »