Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: My Deal

(Read 2314 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • My Deal
     OP - February 22, 2013, 05:25 PM

Alright my story started two years ago. I have always been very "spiritual". I was born into a Christian family, but all the Jesus worship and condemning made me turn from Christianity. When I was 22, I decided to research Islam and Judaism. I wanted to know why the American media is trying to make everyone so fearful of Muslims and I wanted to know the truth for myself.

So I started going to my local Masjid.

I was introduced to their Youth Group and I instantly became very close friends with a handsome Kurd. We would stay up all night, every night talking about religion, culture, history. Then we would hang out a LOT. He kept trying to get me to convert, but I'm just who I am. A person who questions. Well, rumors started that I liked him, which I did.....and that's when shit hit the fan.

He started being a jerk and being really forceful about his religion. He, as well as a lot of other people, acted as if I was this haram whore. First off, I didn't know nor understand all the rules about males and females. He did know that, yet he stayed up all night speaking to me and hanging out with me alone.

It was innocent though. We never even hugged much less anything else. On top of that, my "western" ways was apparently a problem. Sure, people would smile and greet me with Salaam, but other than that......no one had anything to do with me. Everyone congregated into groups according to their cultures. Everyone gossiped.

It was worse than Christianity. The judgement and condemning was 10X worse. The subject of "We don't want our youth to become so westernized" was constantly on the agenda. So......then why the fuck did you move to America? Seriously? You think your kids would be perfectly "eastern" growing up in America? And if you hate America so much then why the fuck are you here?

Not everyone was horrible. I made a few friends. But the experience really messed with me. And anytime I tried to learn or ask questions it seems like people just skimmed the surface with fake politeness.

I don't feel comfortable with religion or religious people at all. Talk about demons and jinns.......you won't find them in abandon buildings you will find them in Churches, Masjids and Synagogues.
  • My Deal
     Reply #1 - February 22, 2013, 05:31 PM

Welcome! Congrats on dodging the bullet! It's a shame Islam had to ruin what could have been a good relationship between the two of you. (He obviously liked you too  Wink ) Anyway, welcome to the forum.  parrot bunny
  • My Deal
     Reply #2 - February 22, 2013, 05:34 PM

Thank you. He's not worth it. Anytime I would discuss anything that was even slightly open-minded he would get defensive. He decided to move back to Kurdistan, let his parent arrange a marriage for him with a complete stranger across the globe and he just got on the plane and left (sending me angry txt messages the same day)

So whatever. All I can do is pray for him and feel blessed that I am free to question God, my culture and marry whoever I want or not marry at all.
  • My Deal
     Reply #3 - February 22, 2013, 05:39 PM

Yeesh! What a twat. Yeah you really dodged a bullet. Two really, Islam and him. Congrats.
  • My Deal
     Reply #4 - February 22, 2013, 05:40 PM

Welcome to the forum, Miakoda Smiley

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
  • My Deal
     Reply #5 - February 22, 2013, 06:39 PM

hi and welcome Miakoda Smiley
  • My Deal
     Reply #6 - February 22, 2013, 07:17 PM

Hi and welcome Miakoda  Afro

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• My Deal
     Reply #7 - February 22, 2013, 08:20 PM

Hi Miakoda! Welcome on the forum. Smiley

The subject of "We don't want our youth to become so westernized" was constantly on the agenda. So......then why the fuck did you move to America? Seriously? You think your kids would be perfectly "eastern" growing up in America? And if you hate America so much then why the fuck are you here?

Agreed Afro According to what I observed, most of the "westernized Muslims" do love the West more than they love the East, but they won't admit it.

If the abrahamic god judged himself according to his own moral standards, he'd go to hell.

He's jealous, full of pride, he created evil, he doesn't heal sick people while he could, he's attacking people who are weaker than him, he follows his own desires and he commits murders all the time.
  • My Deal
     Reply #8 - February 22, 2013, 08:27 PM

The subject of "We don't want our youth to become so westernized" was constantly on the agenda. So......then why the fuck did you move to America? Seriously? You think your kids would be perfectly "eastern" growing up in America? And if you hate America so much then why the fuck are you here?

I met a guy like that in the U.S. once. He was a full on Salafi and Hafiz. He said he hated America so much.

I told him no ones asking him to stay and if he doesn't like it than he can go.

He said he's just "using America for their education, living standards etc."   

That's like someone going over to their enemy's house for dinner only because they like his food.   banghead

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
  • My Deal
     Reply #9 - February 22, 2013, 08:34 PM

He said he's just "using America for their education, living standards etc."  

And the things he hates about America are EXACTLY what allows us to have the education and living standards he wants. It's like hating prostitution but loving to hook up with hookers because you say you like the sex...
  • My Deal
     Reply #10 - February 22, 2013, 10:01 PM

No joke! The guy I previously mentioned never admitted to hating us, but I mean the first chance he got he moved back to Kurdistan. However, I think it was more for his parents approval than anything. However, he did speak down to me about my 'culture' on more than one occasion, then turn around and say "well I grew up here, it's my culture to"....okay so it's your culture but not when you want to find a reason to insult me and tell me im not good enough. It's sad. I don't want to have anything against his religion but......Islam turned him into a complete monster.

After going through that I pretty much avoid all my other friends from the Masjid bc I can't stand it. I tried being understanding that they are feeling such a huge culture clash but.....when you start insulting me and looking your nose down at me bc I'm a "pure bred American" I just want to scream "F you, your religion and your narrow minded culture" (which is incorrect, that would be the native americans but ya kno..theyre mostly dead)

Don't worry...I don't say that but....I'm a very open minded person, willing to give anyone the benefit of the doubt, but enough is enough. (sorry rant mode)
  • My Deal
     Reply #11 - February 23, 2013, 12:18 AM

Welcome Miakoda Smiley

Quote from: ZooBear 

• Surah Al-Fil: In an epic game of Angry Birds, Allah uses birds (that drop pebbles) to destroy an army riding elephants whose intentions were to destroy the Kaaba. No one has beaten the high score.

• My Deal
     Reply #12 - February 23, 2013, 12:51 AM

Nice intro, thanks for sharing. I've met a few Kurds. Good looking folk - men and women and of course they have their good side like everyone else. But - some at least - have this whole "honour" thing to an insane level. In my experience anyway. I could tell you a story or two. But I won't.   lipsrsealed
  • My Deal
     Reply #13 - February 23, 2013, 01:01 AM

I respect that. I blurted out my story like an obnoxious teenager lol but I can def see the whole honor thing. I kind of agree with it to an extent. I mean the Kurdish people are fighting a nearly impossible war to keep their heritage and culture alive. I can completely understand that because I am part Cherokee on my Moms side and I have a theory that I have Powhattan on my Fathers side (not proven). Anywho, my Grandfather held on to what he could learn about that side of the family..........sadly, our Mandela's and dream catchers hang in our den as merely decoration. Like a forgotten part of myself just lingering on the walls like a silent ghost......

So I can understand honoring ones heritage and culture, esp if it is close to "extinction".

Or do you mean "honour thing" about something else?

Thanks so much for the kind welcomes.
  • My Deal
     Reply #14 - February 23, 2013, 01:03 AM

<-- Part cherokee part seminole...the rest is black. (and some Irish)
  • My Deal
     Reply #15 - February 23, 2013, 01:16 AM

Woot!! I also have Irish in me. Everyone in my family is olive complected but I got the transparent skin genes!
  • My Deal
     Reply #16 - February 23, 2013, 01:26 AM

Holla back youngin woot woot!
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »