Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hijaabis.

(Read 113156 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #120 - June 01, 2014, 01:46 PM

As someone who wears black often, I can assure you, it's a tougher choice than it sounds.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #121 - June 01, 2014, 01:47 PM

The black one or the black one with blanket stitch ?  hmmm i'm soo spoilt for choice..  lol wacko
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #122 - June 12, 2014, 05:26 PM

Interesting thing happened today. I teach a very quiet Arab girl who wears a headscarf. She recently opened up to me in the sense that she smiles more often and laughs at my jokes. Whilst marking her book, I noticed that on the back page she had drawn a picture of a young girl wearing western clothes with long hair, which she had then proceeded to scribble out. My initial reaction was 'this is what she wants to be like but unable to so adopts a defeatist attitude.'

Much ado about nothing?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #123 - June 12, 2014, 05:47 PM

It would stand out to me as well mate. Do you feel it would be appropriate to pry?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #124 - June 12, 2014, 06:10 PM

Nah, I won't pry. Bless her.

I've met her aprents and they're lovely (but appearnaces aren't everything, which applies to ALL individuals).

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #125 - June 12, 2014, 06:14 PM

When you say very quite, do you get the sense she's just like that naturally or maybe there's something doing on?

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #126 - June 12, 2014, 06:18 PM

Interesting thing happened today. I teach a very quiet Arab girl who wears a headscarf. She recently opened up to me in the sense that she smiles more often and laughs at my jokes. Whilst marking her book, I noticed that on the back page she had drawn a picture of a young girl wearing western clothes with long hair, which she had then proceeded to scribble out. My initial reaction was 'this is what she wants to be like but unable to so adopts a defeatist attitude.'

Much ado about nothing?

Nah, I won't pry. Bless her.

I've met her aprents and they're lovely (but appearnaces aren't everything, which applies to ALL individuals).

what... Jedi.. you sound like a little boy there.. I ask you why?

what are you teaching..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a25exZX3r0

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #127 - June 12, 2014, 06:52 PM

When you say very quite, do you get the sense she's just like that naturally or maybe there's something doing on?

I think she's naturally quiet.

As usual yezeevee, I no understand but I laugh.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #128 - June 12, 2014, 07:03 PM

I read an old post of yeez the other day. Sounded like beat poetry. Read it out loud. Could pass as beat poetry. Considered making a thread called yeez greatest hits. I would of recorded some of his best posts. Clean shave the rascals should be on buses.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #129 - June 16, 2014, 01:45 AM

I'm an ex-revert and I still wear the hijab. I have been letting people know that I will be taking it off soon including my ex-husband that had a fit lol. It's not an easy thing to do. I'm not a Muslim but I still feel like I'm doing something "bad" in a way. I don't know how to explain it. I guess it's 18 years of brainwashing?

We are all born atheists until someone start telling us lies.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #130 - June 16, 2014, 02:15 AM

I thought I would have trouble with it, I couldn't imagine doing it, at all. I could change my style of clothing, but not show hair or skin or bodily shape. Then one day I got orders of protection from the criminal courts from my ex and his family, and my hand just crept up and removed it. I didn't even think about it. I just finally felt safe enough to take it off without repercussions, I suppose. I never imagined I would be able to. It took me a year to stop feeling startled by moving hairs, and about the same amount of time to stop feeling as if I were exposed. It's a process. If you are warning people ahead of time, you have already started it. I am an ex revert, too, of about the same amount of time in.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #131 - June 16, 2014, 04:16 AM

I'm an ex-revert and I still wear the hijab.

I'm an ex-revert and I still wear the hijab.

Convert is the word you're looking for. Afro
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #132 - June 16, 2014, 07:55 AM

New initiative from Marwa from "A veil and a dark place":

Make FEMEN blush! Tongue

I’m very excited about launching this new project. So here’s the idea: Ex-Hijabi Fashion Photo Journal!

Featuring ex-hijabis with awesome hairstyles and tattoos and piercings. Ex-hijabis in bikinis and little black dresses and cargo pants and hiking boots. Ex-hijabis who are femme and ex-hijabis who are butch. Ex-hijabis who are women and ex-hijabis who are men. Ex-hijabis topless and legsome and all decked out and minimalistic and with long hair and buzzcuts and everything. EVERYTHING.

Basically ex-hijabis choosing how THEY want their bodies to look, because bodies are a joy and not a shame.

I’m thinking I will use tumblr for the blog, and I’m thinking each post will feature a new  ex-hijabi with a small story on their background and feelings about the shift from a life of obscurity to one where they can model and fashion their own bodies as they please. Before photos for the posts are welcome but not a must, because I understand that many ex-hijabis don’t want to think about or look at their past selves. I might need private proof that you are indeed an ex-hijabi if you want to participate, though, so we can keep this a safe place for all those who are displaying such vulnerability.

Your body is awesome and not a shame!

Here are answers to some FAQ:

1) You are welcome to contribute if you used to or still do wear hijab full or parttime regardless of your reasons, or if you are from a country where you are forced to wear it outdoors by law, even if you don’t wear it in private in front of non-mahram men or when you leave your country (Shout-out to all my Iranian and Saudi fans in particular). If you still wear hijab we can obscure your identity as much as possible so nobody recognizes it’s you in your not-hijabi photos.

2) And if you are a NEW ex-Hijabi, we can even do coming-out features if/when you’re ready. It’s a moment worth celebrating! I wish someone had celebrated mine. In my culture we used to do Hijab Parties for girls who started wearing the hijab. I wish we could do ex-Hijab parties for girls who take it off!

3) If you are not an ex-Hijabi but are a closeted ex-Muslim who must live under various modesty requirements, and want to post revealing your legs and tummies and other ‘sinful’ areas, you are also welcome to contribute. I want to retain the title Ex-Hijabi Fashion Photo Journal, if our non-ex-hijabi contributors don’t feel that is excluding them. I think it’s important to acknowledge a space that celebrates the unique ex-hijabi experience, but that doesn’t mean that it needs to exclude ex-Muslim type individuals who have not had to cover their hair for various reasons but who have had modesty requirements imposed upon them and want to dissent.

4) Pseudonyms are welcome. Body shots without faces showing, such as back-facing shots, are welcome. We know the deal. Safety first.

5) We welcome photos of people freely engaging in ‘sinful’ behavior as long as it’s not exploitative or harmful others. Send us your shots with your glasses of wine and kissing your girlfriends and boyfriends or cutting up your hijabs, etc. Whatever feels right and vindicating to you. This is a space for us to glory in all that we could not do before.

6) The Ex-Hijabi Fashion Photo Blog will be a queer-safe, trans-safe zone. There will be no censorship of anybody’s body parts in any way. There will be no requirements or restrictions regarding gender identity, sexual orientation, race, age as long as you are an adult, size, style, and ability.

7) Because of potential adult content, we will however mark shots with nudity as NSFW and have warnings for viewers under 18.

Interested in joining? Have I covered all the bases? Any questions?

Email me at aveilandadarkplace@gmail.com !

-Marwa

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #133 - June 16, 2014, 12:29 PM

Cool idea.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #134 - June 16, 2014, 02:12 PM

Agreed.  I look forward to seeing it.   Smiley

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #135 - June 16, 2014, 04:24 PM

New initiative from Marwa from "A veil and a dark place":

Make FEMEN blush! Tongue

That is cool!
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #136 - June 24, 2014, 12:31 PM

Convert is the word you're looking for. Afro

Yes. Must be leftovers from the brainwashing  Wink

We are all born atheists until someone start telling us lies.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #137 - June 24, 2014, 07:45 PM

Tbh,at this moment, it will be a big turn on for me if an attractive hijaabi or niqabi shows up in my room with nothing underneath.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #138 - July 30, 2014, 10:01 PM

I'm an ex-muslim and I still wear the hijab. I really want to take it off, very soon.. Lately I'm buying myself a new garderobe to make the step easier. I've told my mum a couple of months ago that I wanted to take it off and she reacted kind of hysterically... It sounds weird but I feel ashamed to face the muslimcommunity  that have known me as a hijabi for years...

(my English isn't that good ..)
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #139 - July 31, 2014, 12:27 AM

cato if i wore a niqab in a hot country, i would do that, not wearing anything underneath LOL
    but... i dont wear anything like a niqab or hijaab :p

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #140 - July 31, 2014, 12:28 AM

and @Dutch omg another dutchie?  dance

it doesnt matter what other ppl think Dutch, as long as you feel comfortable!!! And if u feel comfortable not wearing a hijab, it shouldnt be their problem. Just be like: ftw, its my life, my choices bitchessss Cheesy

Dogs never bite me - just humans. ~ M. Monroe

Religions seem to cause more grief than good.

Exmuslim Chat
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #141 - July 31, 2014, 02:50 AM

Tbh,at this moment, it will be a big turn on for me if an attractive hijaabi or niqabi shows up in my room with nothing underneath.

Saw a really attractive hijabi girl on my way up to my room from playing volleyball. She was wearing the hijab with western, but loose fitting proper mulimah clothes. I I was shirtless with some shorts on. I think we could have a lot in common, because we were both very clearly doing our best in covering our respective female/male awrahs in Islam. How modest of us!

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #142 - July 31, 2014, 03:45 PM

^ Cheesy

cato if i wore a niqab in a hot country, i would do that, not wearing anything underneath LOL
    but... i dont wear anything like a niqab or hijaab :p

Feels like wearing a jelabiyah with nothing underneath. Gotta let the balls breath some fresh air and enjoy the breeze

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #143 - July 31, 2014, 04:08 PM

and @Dutch omg another dutchie?  dance

it doesnt matter what other ppl think Dutch, as long as you feel comfortable!!! And if u feel comfortable not wearing a hijab, it shouldnt be their problem. Just be like: ftw, its my life, my choices bitchessss Cheesy

Haha, hello fellow Dutchgirl! Leuk om -weer- een landgenootje te spotten!

(Sorry guys, I'm gonna communicate in Dutch:P)
    Je hebt helemaal gelijk!! Dat denk ik ook vaak, maar alsnog..
    Draag jij een hijaab?
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #144 - July 31, 2014, 07:25 PM

^ Cheesy

I even "lowered my gaze", but that was more embarrassment than modesty.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Re: Hijaabis.
     Reply #145 - August 01, 2014, 07:14 AM

Still stuck between wanting to be a Muslim but not feeling like a Muslim? Or...? I was 15/16. I thought it was something I had to do. I was the only one who didn't wear it yet. I wanted to take it off after 14 months or so, but they didn't let me. It was stupid of me to wear it, but they would let me wear it sooner or later. So I don't know if it would've made any difference.

"I'm an ex-muslim and I have to wear it every fucking days. If I don't, well I might be dead or thrown outside of the house. I don't want that, because it's already tensed at home. So I have no choice to wear it every day when I'm in College, when I go to some family friends' house etc. I've been wearing it since I was 12 years old and I'm turning 19 soon. I don't know when I'll take it off, but it would be of course after I escape away from my house.... :/"

"Yup, I do, I'm not sure if I label myself as a ex muslim as of yet, it still scares me to say it out loud, like God will smite me or something lol. I wear it still for the majority of the time unless I have panic attack mode and I just rip it off and get a big mac. I feel ugly and frumpy, I never used to, it pisses me off, I feel ugly but I feel bad to dress it up, it looks stupid to be all skinny jeaned and face full of make with hijab, its just pointless and ridiculous. I  don't wear abaya's anymore because I don't want ppl to think or expect me to be more religious, but I look like a tramp and a half, I don't even take time to wrap my scarf decently, just fling it on, fling on baggy uncoordinated shit. My self confidence is through the floor, i'm insecure, and I get depressed at the thought of dressing up aswell, like I don't know how to look decent anymore, or I can't be bothered, I don't know. I feel like i'm wasting my youthful beauty years haha, but I seem to like to punish myself so its here, on my head."

I can relate to these too.
    I have to wear Hijab but I don't believe anymore since 1 year and half.
    I'm sorry there are a lot of girls in my situation. But at least I found someone who can understand me.
    My parents too won't let me remove it. I talked with my mother but she keeps threaten me.

I just want to know. Is there somebody who left his family behind to live his life?
    Would we really be able to forget our parents even though they didn't treat us well. They're still our parents in the end...

Every Morning We Are Born Again.
    What We Do Today Is What Matters Most.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #146 - August 01, 2014, 07:21 AM

I have nothing whatsoever to do with my father's side of the family. My father actually died when I was 15. I didn't go to the funeral and to this day I've never been to his grave, nor do I have any desire to. He was not a good person. He was incredibly abusive to me, my mother and siblings, his entire family were scum. My mother's side of the family are wonderful people, so with them it's the complete opposite.

Truth of the matter is, some parents are bad people. Sometimes we honestly are better off without them.

• Hijaabis.
     Reply #147 - August 01, 2014, 11:17 PM

^ far away hug 

same here except my dad's still alive, having rubbish parents affects your confidence as a parent too, i am constantly paranoid, checking myself to see if i'm an ok parent and often worry i'm going to mess up or have already.
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #148 - August 17, 2014, 03:35 PM

I do actually miss my hijab, is that odd? Am I the only one? lol. It was a comfort zone and wearing it for 3 years and on and off for another year is a long time. The mentality that makes one put it on the first place still lingers. Like I don't feel special, don't laugh at me, but you know the whole exclusive mentality " I can control who see's me" stuff still lingers in my head a bit. The whole hidden beauty thing will still crop up in my head, then I feel shitty and erm 'ordinary' I don't know how to explain it. I hope no one takes that offensively but I mean that's kind of how your made to think, because you're hidden, you are something special. If everyone has seen you, your like used, people have eye fornicated you, HAIR WHORE! Ah the unwrapped sweet analogy comes to mind.

I haven't been on here for quite a while so I'm not sure what my latest update was with the hijab. I've taken it off in all contexts excepts work atm. I've had a while off of work and was intending to go back without it as a fresh start.  Its like the last bit of control, or my last hold on Islam. People are probably thinking I would dash any hold away as soon as possible. It just makes me feel sad though, not sure why.

Yours sincerely
    Semi unwrapped sweet

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
  • Hijaabis.
     Reply #149 - August 17, 2014, 06:52 PM

I know what you're saying, when you take it off you suddenly feel like everyone else, one of the crowd, blended in and insignificant, ofcourse also with hijab you don't need to care about doing your hair or your make up nor care what your figure looks like and when someone is rude to you in public or reacts to you in a certain negative way or you fail that job interview, you think, oh its just the hijabs fault, its not me i'm ok.. Reality hits when you take it off and nothing changes, can't blame hijab anymore when someone is rude, can't hide behind it when you don't feel like making an effort with your looks.. I felt this too when i first took mine off, wanted to put it straight back on, didnt feel like doing my hair and makeup every dayyy lol what a chore, i realised negative people still responded to me in a similar way as they did when i had it on,  some people are just plain rude anyway but i always blamed every bad experience on my hijab.   The hijab has knocked my confidence sideways when it comes to job interviews, i allowed it to affect my selfworth and never got jobs with it on, prior to hijab i was offered poisitons much higher than what i was being interviewed for.
  • Previous page 1 ... 3 4 56 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »