Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Movies you watched and would recommend

(Read 64822 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Movies you watched and would recommend
     Reply #330 - May 27, 2015, 07:37 AM

I watched City of God the other night, powerful film about drug crime in Brazil, amongst kids, i prefer foreign films really.
     Reply #331 - May 27, 2015, 09:13 AM

^
    Yeah, I've heard of it, sounds good alright, it's one of the ones I've been meaning to getting around to watching one of these days. I think I also get what you mean about prefering foreign films. Depending on the theme I'd often even pick a 'Brit' flick over a Hollywood production.
     Reply #332 - May 27, 2015, 09:17 AM

Now behold the Cult classic that is 'Event Horizon' you'll never need eyes to see again. Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxBHDsgTDw

"No . . .no . . you can't leave, . . . she won't let you. "
     Reply #333 - May 27, 2015, 07:15 PM

^
    Yeah, I've heard of it, sounds good alright, it's one of the ones I've been meaning to getting around to watching one of these days. I think I also get what you mean about prefering foreign films. Depending on the theme I'd often even pick a 'Brit' flick over a Hollywood production.

Afro   i strangely like reading subtitles lol

don't think i've seen event horizon, will do soon..
     Reply #334 - May 27, 2015, 09:07 PM

Just seen Poltergeist. Loved it. What an amazing update to the classic. If you like the original then watch the original but this modern update honours the source material and furthers the legacy. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #335 - May 27, 2015, 09:47 PM

I will PM a few people the proper film and leave them to tell people what they think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1NTVIhUQU

Not one of the people I PMed has backed me up. Surely my taste isn't that bad? Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #336 - May 27, 2015, 09:54 PM

Why are some people so compeltely thick as s%$!?

We had criticism from a few rabid feminists about the way Black Widow was represented in Avengers AOU.

We had a stupid contingent of (wannabe manly) men criticising the (justifiably) large role of Charlize Theron as Imperator Furiosa in Mad Max FR.

And now we've got a black actor justifying his character choice because some morons got a problem: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/fantastic-four/35504/fantastic-four-michael-b-jordan-on-his-casting

It's the same with John Boyega as a BLACK STORMTROOPER!!!!  mysmilie_977 But dem der n**** can't be puttin' on no white armour. Dem supos' ta be plowin' the fields!'  finmad

Are these all recent developments? Can anyone else remember any casting choices that caused such a stir based either upon gender, religion or race?

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #337 - May 27, 2015, 09:54 PM

Not one of the people I PMed has backed me up. Surely my taste isn't that bad? Grin

Lol. Havent had no time man.

Reply #338 - May 27, 2015, 10:30 PM

We had criticism from a few rabid feminists about the way Black Widow was represented in Avengers AOU.

We did?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #339 - May 27, 2015, 10:47 PM

There's a reason why Joss Whedon left Twitter despite his claims to the contrary.

Reply #340 - May 27, 2015, 11:32 PM

Saw Fury Road last night.

One of the reviews for it said that if you wanted to know what the film was like, "snort ten cubic feet of meth and jump into a gasoline fire". That pretty much sums it up. grin12

It's fucking awesome. Furiosa is one of the best characters ever, and the killer grannies are a shitload of fun too. The PYT's*, who are supposedly the core of the story, get overshadowed by the other characters and IMO come across as incidental characters, with one or two exceptions, much like the hoard of War Boys.

The Doof Warrior was a fun idea and makes perfect sense in the MM world, but I found that when actually watching the movie he was just an amusing sideline rather than a central character to rave over.

Obviously, as you'd expect from Miller, the over the top action sequences were brilliantly done, and despite some reviews to the contrary the film does have variations in pace and feel. It's not just non-stop Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Wheels.

Fucking 10/10. Go see it. Afro

*Pretty Young Things

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #341 - May 27, 2015, 11:33 PM

He lives!!!!
     Reply #342 - May 27, 2015, 11:35 PM

And breathes, and farts! cool2

Reply #343 - May 27, 2015, 11:37 PM

Always a plus. Grin
     Reply #344 - May 27, 2015, 11:39 PM

After seeing Fury Road last night I'm gonna seriously work on my farting. My goal in life is to be able to rip off awesome flaming ones in time to killer guitar solos. bunny

Reply #345 - May 28, 2015, 10:05 AM

Definitely go see MM FR. The story is in the visuals!

Reply #346 - May 28, 2015, 10:53 AM

Afro   i strangely like reading subtitles lol
    don't think i've seen event horizon, will do soon..

Yep I find the subtitles come in handy when you have noisy young children running up and down in front of your TV screen.
    Re: 'Event Horizon' watch late night alone but only if you're feeling brave, it's not for the faint hearted, you have been warned. Wink

Sorry mate I haven't had time either, I'm just one of those guys who can take weeks, months sometimes even years to get round to watching a specific movie but eventually I usually do, it's just how I roll.
     Reply #347 - May 28, 2015, 01:14 PM

If it was Wolverine, i watched it..

Ok, DT i will take a look at that film next week soon as i get my internet back up and running : )  i'm not usually scared by horror films, can't think of one that has worked on me lol, although hostel was gross.  I did watch  human centipede once but it was so disgusting that i wasn't moved lol

Reply #348 - May 28, 2015, 01:49 PM

'Human Centipede' lol had to turn that sh1t off 1/3 of the way through, 'EH' is a different type of film to the ones you listed.
     Reply #349 - May 28, 2015, 03:23 PM

Ha ha, yep, i switched it off too..

: )

Reply #350 - May 28, 2015, 05:04 PM

I take it you won't be watching part II then, the 'Extended Sequence".  Wink
     Reply #351 - May 28, 2015, 10:27 PM

Oh, never..  lol

x
     Reply #352 - May 29, 2015, 12:06 AM

Just got around to watching -Mad Max Fury Road- and I struggle to find a few words or even letters to describe it but I'll try . . . High Octane . . . Totally OTT . . . Disgusting . . .Disturbing . . . Insane . . . Sick . . . Awesome yes
     Reply #353 - May 29, 2015, 12:11 AM

How about "light family entertainment"? Or "archetypal chick flick"?

No need to mention that the family would be the Borgias, and the chick would be Lucrezia.

Reply #354 - May 29, 2015, 12:18 AM

Again lots of parallels for me to 'ISIL' I could get into it but it's late. I will say this much though, short of making the lead bad guy a messenger of God and his army of war dogs a band of head hunters, a lot of boxes were ticked. Any more and there might be complaints of demonising brainwashed Islamic fundamentalists and marginalising Jihadists. Just saying is all  whistling2
     Reply #355 - May 29, 2015, 02:24 PM

^majority of films follow a similar pattern, leading man resembles a messianic saviour of mankind, everyone else starring in the film is just a prop lol.

I will look forward to watching the new jurrasic park movie at imax, dinosaurs in my face..

edit: sorry, i got that wrong, thought mad max had a male hero as lead. 
     Reply #356 - May 29, 2015, 04:07 PM

"edit: sorry, i got that wrong, thought mad max had a male hero as lead."

Eh it kind of does hence the name although it could be argued that Theron's character plays an equally if not more important role in the story.
     Reply #357 - May 29, 2015, 05:20 PM

500 days of Summer
    21 Jump Street
    50/50
    Bad Santa
    Borat
    Burn After Reading
    Blood Diamond
    Django Unchained
    Drive
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    Four Lions
    Football Factory
    Happiness (1998)
    Hangover 1 & 2
    I Melt with You
    Harsh Times
    Invention of Lying
    Inglorious Basterds
    John Q
    Man On Fire
    Paul
    Scarface
    School For Scoundrels
    Snatch
    Step Brothers
    Ted
    Thank You For Smoking
    the Machinist
    Waiting For forever
    Training Day
    Wolf of Wall Street
    Worlds Greatest dad
    Whatever Works
     Reply #358 - May 29, 2015, 05:21 PM

Watched Mad Max. I enjoyed it for many reasons. I found the jab at religion to be amusing and accurate. Going to get see it again with a friend that does not get out often due to the knee-biters.
     Reply #359 - May 29, 2015, 09:44 PM

500 days of Summer

You know, I actually didn't realize what a cliche I was until I watched that movie.
  • Previous page 1 ... 10 11 1213 14 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »