Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 14, 2024, 05:54 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Movies you watched and would recommend

(Read 64814 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Movies you watched and would recommend
     Reply #300 - May 21, 2015, 09:33 PM

The movie was better in 3D but there was so much I caught on to in the second viewing such as a throwback to Road Warrior to do with a certain music box.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #301 - May 22, 2015, 06:44 PM

Jedi I know, I am wondering if I need to see it a third time.  I also saw both viewing at 3D wasted some time and watched Tomorrowland which honestly wasnt worth it.  I should have seen Mad Max again

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #302 - May 22, 2015, 06:53 PM

Cool Tina edit on the nerdist

https://vimeo.com/127993687

Oh my Christopher Hitchens its a fihrrrrrrrrrrrr
     Reply #303 - May 22, 2015, 08:38 PM

Jedi I know, I am wondering if I need to see it a third time.  I also saw both viewing at 3D wasted some time and watched Tomorrowland which honestly wasnt worth it.  I should have seen Mad Max again

(Clicky for piccy!)

Aaaaaw...I have high hopes for Tomorrowland. Brad Bird left The Force Awakens to direct Tomorrowland. Better have been worth it...

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #304 - May 22, 2015, 09:47 PM

On the flip side having heard Bird switched movies just improved the chances for Star Wars to be a good movie  whistling2
     Reply #305 - May 22, 2015, 10:10 PM

50 shades of grayyyyyyyyyyy trolololo Cheesy

Sometimes a girl has to be like the snow, beautiful, but cold...
     Reply #306 - May 23, 2015, 01:08 PM

I just watched Chappie for the first time. For those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

The film takes place in Johannesburg, South Africa, a city notorious for it's crime and violence. A robotics expert creates a police force of robots that work alongside their human counterparts. One of these units is damaged and destined for the scrap heap. The creator of these robots has developed a new advanced form of AI, and, to see if it works, uploads it into the damaged unit. Part of the damage is that it's battery is fused to it's body and will run out in five days.

Some local gangsters kidnap the creator under the assumption that the robotic police force, as machines, have an off switch, and want to force the creator of this police unit to give them the means to turn the robots off. The newly uploaded AI robot is taken by these gangsters and basically raised by them and called Chappie. As a brand new AI, Chappie has, for all intents and purposes, just been born.

It has lot of reviews saying the film fell short as it asked profound questions without giving any answers, but that was what I loved about it. It asks these questions but it has no answers. There's no answers for Chappie on why he was raised by these people other than wrong place wrong time. When he realised his battery will run out and he can't replace it, he becomes scared and asks his creator why he would bring him into the world in the first place. Why create him just so he can die? There's a lot of questions with no answers. Chappie was born into a world he never asked to be born into and raised by people he never asked to raise him. The lack of answers is what makes this film so emotional. You get dealt a shitty hand. It's unfortunate, but that's what happened.

This is not to say Chappie is in any way a bad film. I enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed a film in a very long time, and rather than try to answer these profound questions that prophets, priests, philosophers and poets have tried to answer since the dawn of time, it doesn't pretend to have the answers. But life still goes on.

This is not a kids film. It's full of profanity and violence, including someone being ripped in half. But it's very enjoyable and in not trying to answer these unanswerable questions it's eerily relatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyy7y0QOK-0

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #307 - May 23, 2015, 04:16 PM

Good choice.  It's on my list of films I want to watch, just waiting for a decent copy to surface online.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #308 - May 23, 2015, 05:11 PM

Check your PMs. Smiley

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #309 - May 23, 2015, 10:42 PM

I'm watching it T minus 45 minutes. 3D. I've seen it in 2D and I loved it. Forget all the haterz who try to politicise these fun movies and don't accept it for what it is - entertainment!

Hope you have a blast mate!

Sounds great, I'm planning to go see it asap so hopefully it pans out for me alright, at least while it's still in cinema.
    Btw the recent "Dawn of Planet of the Apes" also rocks, saw it the other night and it was awesome.
     Reply #310 - May 24, 2015, 01:52 AM

^ War of the Planet of the Apes was recently anounced too!

Reply #311 - May 24, 2015, 08:26 AM

Saw Tomorrowland. It's certainly not bad, and definitely a nice change of pace from the unceasing comic book fare that is so hot these days.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #312 - May 24, 2015, 12:46 PM

^ I'm actually going to watch that movie this afternoon!

Trivia:

Did you know Immortan Joe (the villian from Mad Max Fury Road) was born in Kashmir, India?

The actress who is the main character in Tomorrowland is actually 25years old! She looks so young!

Reply #313 - May 24, 2015, 12:49 PM

Hi everyone! I just saw Top five with Chris Rock and i was very disapointed.
     Reply #314 - May 24, 2015, 06:45 PM

UPDATE: Back from watching Tomorrowland and I loved it. The actresses are amazing. Wonderful performances all around. The theme remember it is directed at a kids audiance) is superbly done. Awe and wonder!

Change the world!

Hi Hosna - I'm just tired of black people playing sterotypically black people bringing up the race card almost all the time. It's like 'hey white people, I'm black. Enjoy my outdated though in-ya-face social commentary'.

Reply #315 - May 24, 2015, 10:29 PM

^either that or they're employed to be killed in films lol
     Reply #316 - May 24, 2015, 11:00 PM

^ War of the Planet of the Apes was recently anounced too!

If it's even half as good as the first two I'll be satisfied. Lately I've been having this strange urge to watch 'Event Horizon' again, I guess the dark is taking over.
     Reply #317 - May 24, 2015, 11:44 PM

^either that or they're employed to be killed in films lol

Exactly. I love Morgan Freeman and Denziel Washington for opening so many doors and opportunites and not to mention the new (gasp!) black Stormtrooper (?) John Boyega in The Force Awakens. Shout out also goes to Sammy Davis Jr.

Reply #318 - May 24, 2015, 11:49 PM

If it's even half as good as the first two I'll be satisfied. Lately I've been having this strange urge to watch 'Event Horizon' again, I guess the dark is taking over.

Andy Serkis deserves an Oscar for his performances. Never seen Event Horizon. Recommend?

Reply #319 - May 25, 2015, 10:18 AM

^
    Re: recommending Event Horizon . . .Hell Yeah!
    I'm a huge horror and sci fi fan so this well done combination in a movie is like a wet dream come true, (oh my gosh terrible analogy- given the content, that just sounds so wrong, esp for anyone who's seen it) Cheesy
    Still I'm curious to know if it will be as effective for someone from a non cultural Christian background, you have to watch to get what I mean. I'll stop now as I don't want give away any spoilers.
     Reply #320 - May 25, 2015, 09:58 PM

Gonna see new Mad Max this week. dance
     Reply #321 - May 26, 2015, 01:11 AM

For those who have seen the first three X-Men movies, this is a squeal to the third in the original trilogy after Wolverine killed Dark Phoenix/Jean Grey.

The Wolverine (2013) Extended/Unrated/Unleashed Edition.

If anyone saw this at the cinema, you were no doubt disappointed. So was I. After the almost parody portrayal of Wolverine, the butchering of Deadpool and the playing the villain but still pussy version of Sabretooth that was X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), we were promised a film true to the character that didn't deliver. The 2013 film felt like it was jumping from place to place. Basically, it felt like there were bits missing. That's because there was. The Wolverine was filmed as a brilliant film pretty true to the character, but the studios wanted money so cut out many scenes and modified others so they could charge three-year-olds for a ticket.

A while ago my sister came to visit me, and, wanting to be an entertaining host, I suggested we see a film. I tried to convince her she has not seen this film (The Wolverine) despite her protests to have seen it at the cinema. Playing the "Trust me, I'm your big brother" card, I managed to convince her to give it a go, promising that if she didn't like it we'd do something else. Her eyes were glued to the screen. When it finished she said "It's a completely different movie." To which I replied "Told you."

Despite the shitty way they portrayed the Silver Samurai (I say as a comic fan Grin) The Wolverine unleashed/extended/unrated cuts are well worth seeing. But don't take my word for it. I will PM a few people the proper film and leave them to tell people what they think. Anyone else wants to check it out, PM me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th1NTVIhUQU

Reply #322 - May 26, 2015, 10:00 PM

Ok this is a little off the beaten track but please can anyone tell me if they have seen it?

Nuts in May - Directed by Mike Leigh in 1975

Not much happens but it is a slice of life and shows what holidays used to be like for British people in the 1970s.

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #323 - May 26, 2015, 10:05 PM

Talking of sci-fi films, I just went to see An Evening with Pacino at the Hammersmith Apollo.

http://www.eveningwithpacino.com/

And this little titbit popped up...........apparently Al Pacino turned down the role the play Han Solo in Star Wars!!!!

"Use da fuckin' force Luke!!!"

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #324 - May 26, 2015, 10:09 PM

Thank God he did not get that part! Han Solo is Harrison Ford!

Ben Kenobi said 'Use the Force Luke'. Han Pacino would say 'Great. Don't get fuckin' cocky kid!'

Reply #325 - May 26, 2015, 10:20 PM

Excuse my errors in attributing Star Wars quotes to wrong characters.

I should have expected to be corrected by a Jedi of all people.  Smiley

Reply #326 - May 26, 2015, 10:25 PM

Lol! But thanks for the interesting trivia mate!  Afro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaosG6mxsnA

Reply #327 - May 27, 2015, 04:37 AM

Never Let Me Go- That movie gave me the chills
     Reply #328 - May 27, 2015, 05:00 AM

I enjoyed the book way more. Thought the movie was a disappointment.
     Reply #329 - May 27, 2015, 05:04 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

i watched it last weekend, it was a pure 2 hours actions, i love it, ok the guitarist is fucking crazy !!!!!
  • Previous page 1 ... 9 10 1112 13 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »