Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Yesterday at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 18, 2024, 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Movies you watched and would recommend

(Read 64926 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Movie just seen and would recommend
     Reply #210 - June 19, 2014, 01:14 AM

Twin Films

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_films

Twin films is a term for when two studios bring the same idea out at the same time, either by coincidence, timing with current events, or by plagiarism or something like that.

As in a GHD which was released in Feb and 12:01 that was released months later?

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." ― Frank Zappa
     Reply #211 - June 19, 2014, 01:18 AM

This is the last time I will remind you that the original 12:01 was released in 1990, 3 years prior to Groundhog Day.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #212 - June 19, 2014, 01:26 AM

And this is the last time i will remind you that i was comparing GHD to the 12:01 movie released in 93. not the 25 minute video. based on that, GHD and 12:01 are Twin Films.

"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life." ― Frank Zappa
     Reply #213 - June 19, 2014, 01:28 AM

Why are you comparing it to the remake? The whole point of this conversation is about which came first.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #214 - June 30, 2014, 12:28 AM

'Trollhunter' anyone?
    Watched this today and have to say, I wasn't expecting much and was far from dissapointed. It's sort of like a cross between 'Twister' meets 'The Blair Witch' done in 'Found Footage' style. Now I must say I have mixed feelings towards this genre but with the right volume of 'suspense of disbelief' applied this one worked for me. I would definately recommend this to anyone who thinks they might enjoy 'a monstrous bumble in the wilderness adventure'.   Afro
     Reply #215 - June 30, 2014, 12:33 AM

Saw that a couple of years back. Not sure I believe Sweden has THAT many places for trolls to hide. Grin

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #216 - June 30, 2014, 12:39 AM

'Trollhunter' anyone?
    Watched this today and have to say, I wasn't expecting much and was far from dissapointed. It's sort of like a cross between 'Twister' meets 'The Blair Witch' done in 'Found Footage' style. Now I must say I have mixed feelings towards this genre but with a liberal application of 'suspense of disbelief' this one worked for me. I would definately recommend this to anyone who thinks they might enjoy 'a monstrous bumble in the wilderness adventure'.   Afro

Reply #217 - June 30, 2014, 12:55 AM

Suspense of disbelief?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #218 - June 30, 2014, 11:40 AM

Yes a troll sized dollop of.  Cheesy
     Reply #219 - June 30, 2014, 11:41 AM

Not sure how I accidentally ended up quoting myself but hey these things happen.
     Reply #220 - June 30, 2014, 11:43 AM

Saw that a couple of years back. Not sure I believe Sweden has THAT many places for trolls to hide. Grin

Btw QSE, as far as I know, it's actually set in Norway. Some of the landscape is painfully beautiful, really makes me want to visit some day.
     Reply #221 - June 30, 2014, 12:56 PM

I saw the latest X-Men movie a couple of days ago. It was fucking awesome. Now I want to watch all the older X-Men movies again.

The future is full of thrilling possibilities.
     Reply #222 - July 17, 2014, 04:21 PM

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is very good! Recommended!

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #223 - July 17, 2014, 04:22 PM

^

is that the sequal to rise of the planet of the apes ? from 2011

i liked that movie

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #224 - July 17, 2014, 04:23 PM

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is very good! Recommended!

Yes! I saw it over the weekend. It was really, really good. They are doing a fantastic job with the Planet of the Apes IMO. This one was fantastic.
     Reply #225 - July 17, 2014, 04:29 PM

the motion capture is incredible. Andy Serkis as Caesar puts in one hell of a performance.

God is Love.

Reply #226 - July 17, 2014, 04:29 PM

^

is that the sequal to rise of the planet of the apes ? from 2011

i liked that movie

Yeah. Its really good.

God is Love.

Reply #227 - August 21, 2014, 09:06 PM

I finally watched Maleficent. Really liked it a lot - more than I had expected. Would recommend it for sure, especially if you were ever a fan of Disney films growing up.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #228 - August 21, 2014, 09:09 PM

I'm looking forward to Sin City 2 out next week. Loved the first one!

God is Love.

Reply #229 - August 21, 2014, 09:09 PM

I just watched Expendables 2.

Normalize (mass)murder and mayhem - check
    Normalize torture as long as it's the "good guys" -check
    Glorify violence and killing - check

It's not action. It's disturbed. It's as if the Balkan wars had a love child with the Rwanda genocide and this movie's "plot" and violence is the result. It's sick.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #230 - August 21, 2014, 09:20 PM

I saw the latest X-Men movie a couple of days ago. It was fucking awesome. Now I want to watch all the older X-Men movies again.

I love ALL the X-Men movies and especially the third installment (X-Men The Last Stand). I don't udnerstand why the fandom considers it the worst of the three. I love Phoenix's character development and whilst I do agree that Angel was underused there's not much you can do to showcase what a guy with wings can do. It sometimes appears as though that comic book fans don't realise that a character has lots of time to develop in a comic book over many issues distributed throughout the years whereas in a 2 hour max film he doesn't .

the motion capture is incredible. Andy Serkis as Caesar puts in one hell of a performance.

As I and someone else mentioned earlier the 'apes' acted better than humans. There was great chemistry and passion displayed. The story was amazing as well.

I finally watched Maleficent. Really liked it a lot - more than I had expected. Would recommend it for sure, especially if you were ever a fan of Disney films growing up.

Great. I shall plan on watching it with my niece.

I just watched Expendables 2.

Normalize (mass)murder and mayhem - check
    Normalize torture as long as it's the "good guys" -check
    Glorify violence and killing - check

It's not action. It's disturbed. It's as if the Balkan wars had a love child with the Rwanda genocide and this movie's "plot" and violence is the result. It's sick.

I suppose it's one of those brain drain movies. If you want to switch your brain off and be mesmerised by all the loud explosions then go right ahead.

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #231 - August 21, 2014, 09:25 PM

I'm about to watch 'X-Men Days of Future Past' tonight. dance

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #232 - August 21, 2014, 09:30 PM

its BRILLIANT allat!

God is Love.

Reply #233 - August 21, 2014, 09:40 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

Me too me too!  dance Saw it the other week, after a friend recommended it, and thought it was cool (surprisingly enough).

I have to say that Ange totally rocked the lead role. I've never had a particularly high opinion of her as an actress, having basically viewed her as competent and good looking but nothing special in terms of ability. However, I can't think of anyone who could have done this role better than she did. Afro

Oh and if you're up for something different (and not at all like Maleficent) I saw The Rover the other day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rover_%282014_film%29

This is both dark and, at times, humorous. The scenery is often stunning too, in a desolate outback kind of way. Gillian Jones' character is great too, as you'd expect.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
  • Movies you watched and would recommend
     Reply #234 - August 27, 2014, 09:07 PM

Dead Man's Shoes.

A dark and sometimes disturbing psychological thriller, a tale of revenge in a north English town. with Paddy Considine and Gary Stretch. A soldier returns home to avenge the mistreatment of his kid brother who has learning difficulties, by a gang of local druggies and meanies. Uncomfortable at times as your sympathies shift to some extent with an unexpected ending, but don't want to give too much away,

Here's two short clips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ylrJ0cH2w

I have found the full movie online.....off the beaten track. Wink

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #235 - August 29, 2014, 09:13 PM

I watched "The Other Woman", and it started out with some OK fun humour. Then somewhere in the middle it went wrong, and it ended badly. It was a "meh" kind of comedy chick flick. Nothing special or worth watching.

"The healthiest people I know are those who are the first to label themselves fucked up." - three
     Reply #236 - August 29, 2014, 10:04 PM

Dead Man's Shoes.

A dark and sometimes disturbing psychological thriller, a tale of revenge in a north English town. with Paddy Considine and Gary Stretch. A soldier returns home to avenge the mistreatment of his kid brother who has learning difficulties, by a gang of local druggies and meanies. Uncomfortable at times as your sympathies shift to some extent with an unexpected ending, but don't want to give too much away,

(Clicky for piccy!)

Here's two short clips.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58ylrJ0cH2w

I have found the full movie online.....off the beaten track. Wink

brilliant movie, brilliant. But it gets very, very dark and tragic.

God is Love.

Reply #237 - August 29, 2014, 10:11 PM

Hey Billy, thanks for the feedback. Did you watch it based on my recommendation or had you seen it before?

The acting was ace and the characters felt very real.

Yes you are right, this is not a 'feel-good' movie.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #238 - August 29, 2014, 10:20 PM

I watched it when it came out, he's a great director. His other great movie is 'This is England' about a gang of non racist skinheads in urban England in the 1980's and how a Nazi racist effects them, from the point of view of a kid. Amazing, powerful movie. He's made TV shows with the same characters as they grow older. Awesome director, Shane Meadows

God is Love.

Reply #239 - August 29, 2014, 10:32 PM

Yes I have heard of This is England, haven't seen it. Will check it out.

• Previous page 1 ... 6 7 89 10 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »