Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Article: Modesty, Body Policing and Rape Culture: Connecting the Dots

(Read 15470 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Article: Modesty, Body Policing and Rape Culture: Connecting the Dots
     Reply #60 - December 01, 2013, 11:13 AM

Son, you marry who you like, because then if you do not choose wisely you can only blame yourself and won't be angry with your folks or regretful for eternity. Be patient with them and with yourself on this. Take your time to decide.

I can marry who ever I wish - it's only that she has to be a practicing Muslim. I'm fine with that, although I don't really see the point of the hijab. I have a lot of respect for my parents and I would hate to betray their trust, especially after everything they have done for me. It's simply expected of me to marry a hijabi. Not sure how I can change their mind.
     Reply #61 - December 01, 2013, 12:16 PM

Are you Muslim, Albert?

I just ask because I don't think I've read your intro.

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #62 - December 01, 2013, 01:12 PM

Kinda. I have no idea if Islam is true or not. Trying to figure that one out, haha.
     Reply #63 - December 01, 2013, 01:20 PM

I can marry who ever I wish - it's only that she has to be a practicing Muslim. I'm fine with that, although I don't really see the point of the hijab. I have a lot of respect for my parents and I would hate to betray their trust, especially after everything they have done for me. It's simply expected of me to marry a hijabi. Not sure how I can change their mind.

Well, that is some relief, then. At least your bride is not already selected for you. Sometimes parents mature, sometimes they feel they are waiting too long and give in. Patience.

Don't let Hitler have the street.
     Reply #64 - December 01, 2013, 01:26 PM

Kinda. I have no idea if Islam is true or not. Trying to figure that one out, haha.

*spoiler*

It's not.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #65 - December 01, 2013, 01:27 PM

Ok, fair enough then, because if you wasn't I was going to say its a bit unfair to marry a hijabi, knowingly keeping something from her, and living a lie and pretences is never a good idea, even if it is for the sake of your parents, miserable people resort to not so great behaviours.

"Make anyone believe their own knowledge and logic is insufficient and you'll have a puppet susceptible to manipulation."
     Reply #66 - December 01, 2013, 02:05 PM

*spoiler*

It's not.

Neat trick!

Reply #67 - December 01, 2013, 03:36 PM

Ok, fair enough then, because if you wasn't I was going to say its a bit unfair to marry a hijabi, knowingly keeping something from her, and living a lie and pretences is never a good idea, even if it is for the sake of your parents, miserable people resort to not so great behaviours.

I'm fine with marrying a moderate Muslim who just happens to wear a hijab. Plenty of girls like this exist. As long as she's beautiful, I guess I won't mind.  Tongue
     Reply #68 - December 01, 2013, 05:14 PM

I'm fine with marrying a moderate Muslim who just happens to wear a hijab. Plenty of girls like this exist. As long as she's beautiful, I guess I won't mind.  Tongue

Beautiful does not a good wife make.

Reply #69 - December 01, 2013, 07:39 PM

Neat trick!

Use the third button from the right (it has a # on it)

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #70 - December 02, 2013, 05:00 AM

As much as I don't like men being perceived as uncontrollable beasts, there are lovely men and I have had many friends who are male. I do think they are wired slightly differently, and that doesn't take away from the fact that there is women who are wired similarly. The male friends I have had over the years have always been quite honest with me and that is where I gather my conclusions from. There's only ever been a few who genuinely wanted friendship, nothing else, and wouldn't take it if it was offered. Plus I've been friends with a few man whores (they amuse me and sicken me at the same time). I'm not saying that all Men want to bang you, but out of those that are keen to befriend you, be aware that there are some with other intentions, and not in a sick way at all, many of my friends who did end up liking me had genuine feelings for me. I just say that because women can be naïve to mens intentions, or more in denial I would say because sometimes they are quite obvious.
    And as much as there are lovely guys that don't like you and lovely guys that do like you, there are horrible beast men, don't be ignorant of that, rape and sexual assault is still a very real thing, I know people who have been gang raped, raped and sexually assaulted and have had some, all be it minor, but not so nice experiences. All I am saying is don't tar men with the same brush, they're not all scum, but please don't be naïve and ignorant to potential dangers.

I don't ever think a woman deserves to be attacked regardless of what she wears or does. However I do think that women can be a bit stupid, if your going to get ape shit drunk, do it when you know you'll be safe. Yes the man shouldn't do it in the first place, be aware there are dangerous people there always will be to some degree and its just not wise to put yourself in that danger knowingly. Please don't mistake me as saying there is blame on the woman, if you go out in a thong, you will attract the wrong attention, it can't be helped, just be conscious of that. Its not nice that our world is this way, but it is this way. I repeat, i'm not saying she is to blame for being attacked at all, but she is aware of consequences (not rape) such as getting stares and attention and within that crowd may be a sick disgusting man. But on the other side of the coin, there are sick disgusting men who rape niqaabi's and women in their homes. Sexual assault is usually about power and abuse, rather than sexual appetite, and sometimes these sick men do it as a form of punishment to women to teach them a lesson. Ah hell I've just gone back on myself, you can't stop it from happening regardless but you can be cautious to a reasonable extent.

So basically what you're saying is sometimes when you're friends one or both parties can develop romantic feelings, and some men are predatory and will take advantage?

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #71 - December 02, 2013, 08:19 PM

Yes, I'm not good at being concise, thank you QSE. In a nutshell, yes. lol

Reply #72 - December 05, 2013, 12:12 AM

Child abuse.

Yup.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 2 3« Previous thread | Next thread »