Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Richard Dawkins - Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life

(Read 6031 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Richard Dawkins - Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life
     OP - November 16, 2012, 11:58 PM

3 episodes:
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/sex-death-and-the-meaning-of-life

Source

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
  • Re: Richard Dawkins - Sex, Death and the Meaning of Life
     Reply #1 - November 17, 2012, 02:30 AM

let us add tube links of that ateapotist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHhSYyvI-5k&list=PLB4uoi02B2hPwxZsIP3yPmBGKxwHZ3USu&index=1&feature=plpp_video

Damn  that is the best of Richard Dawkins  videos...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - November 17, 2012, 03:53 AM

Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Episode 2 Richard Dawkins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEclvp40KHU

Sex, Death And The Meaning Of Life Episode 3 Richard Dawkins (Subs)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w71PAo8zT4

Reply #3 - November 29, 2012, 06:14 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  That is bloody funny/ Cheesy Cheesy

Damn Richard Dawkins so patient with that guy..    Hmm.. This is good to read Richard Dawkins in furious row with EO Wilson over theory of evolution

Reply #4 - January 23, 2016, 06:45 PM

Richard Dawkins · Interview in Clearwater, FL | January 18, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lEQhNE15uc

Reply #5 - February 06, 2016, 10:30 AM

Richard Dawkins • Brief Candle in the Dark | January 23, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-O6Cs5NUgE

Richard Dawkins & Michael Shermer • The Future of Religion | February 3, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6YkK63phO8

Reply #6 - February 06, 2016, 06:33 PM

Sad to see him kicked to the floor by feminists lately

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #7 - February 06, 2016, 07:46 PM

Sad to see him kicked to the floor by feminists lately

No  one is unquestionable, everyone and everything has to be scrutinized and there is nothing wrong in criticising certain views of well known people...

As a guy, I am all for certain freedoms and for some of the important  feminist  movements as long as it is within the premises of Golden Rule but I keep my  rights to criticize certain aspects of right wing/left wing erratic feminists ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

Reply #8 - February 06, 2016, 10:24 PM

As a feminist myself, who is not really in touch with the latest trend of western feminism, ELI5 about Richard Dawkins problems with feminists?

Because... as far as google and twitter goes, seems that crazy twat feminists have problems with him after twisting his words and blowing it out of proportions... Really whats the problem?
     Reply #9 - February 08, 2016, 12:21 AM

Dawkins seems, from time to time,to be at the center of a twitter storm, whether its him saying that its immoral to not have an abortion when down syndrome is discovered in the womb to his support for eugenics. These things won't go down well with many liberals and leftists.
     Reply #10 - February 08, 2016, 03:09 AM

Eugenics? I must have missed this.

I appreciate that Dawkins fully speaks his mind. That doesn't mean I agree with him.

"I moreover believe that any religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be a true system."
    -Thomas Paine
     Reply #11 - February 08, 2016, 04:30 PM

As a feminist myself, who is not really in touch with the latest trend of western feminism, ELI5 about Richard Dawkins problems with feminists?

Because... as far as google and twitter goes, seems that crazy twat feminists have problems with him after twisting his words and blowing it out of proportions... Really whats the problem?

Dawkins has said some stupid stuff on his twitter account before. He exercised his freedom of speech, made a blunder then apologized. Other people express the same right he did. It is the cost of being a public figure while not watching what one says.
     Reply #12 - February 09, 2016, 01:45 AM

I know the down syndrome - abortion thing on twitter, honestly if I had a fetus with downs I will abort it myself as well. (And I'm liberal...)

Don't know about eugenics, although I doubt Dawkins support Hitler-style eugenics.

Honestly, I feel like a lot of western feminism seems to like shooting themselves in the foot. They seem to hate outspoken liberal white men (seriously???) for things that don't matter. Fact is, life with Dawkins will be 1000000x better for feminists than life with any conservative people. Dawkins is pro-choice, a liberal, atheist, feminist, etc. He supports all things that feminism support. Meanwhile, conservative people are full of slut-shaming, victim-blaming, stay-in-bad-marriage-will-you, marrying young, having a lot of children, traditional gender roles, the long list goes on and on. All of these are against feminism, but feminism in the west seems to only want to tackle issues with white men. Sexism experienced by colored women as a result of their culture/religion is casually dismissed, especially even more so when it's about religion.

Can't western feminists realize that everything that Dawkins fight for (ancient religions) are their #1 enemy as well and they should tackle that first before demonizing Dawkins?
     Reply #13 - February 09, 2016, 04:47 AM

I know the down syndrome - abortion thing on twitter, honestly if I had a fetus with downs I will abort it myself as well. (And I'm liberal...)

Rightwingers and liberals/leftist opposed him on that one, from different positions. Rightwingers opposed him because they consider the fetus a human life and it reminds them of eugenics. Liberals and leftists opposed him because of saying that its immoral to not abort. Someone said that saying that its immoral to not abort is the same as to say that abortion in that case is immoral.

Don't know about eugenics, although I doubt Dawkins support Hitler-style eugenics.

I don't think he was referring to forced sterilization. I think he was referring to designer babies, selecting for high intelligence/iq etc. Some in the hbd movement might support voluntary sterilization of people with low iq and criminals, I don't know whether Dawkins would support that. If he did support something like that publicly, it could cause the twitter storm of the decade.
     Reply #14 - February 09, 2016, 11:55 AM

Rightwingers and liberals/leftist opposed him on that one, from different positions. Rightwingers opposed him because they consider the fetus a human life and it reminds them of eugenics. Liberals and leftists opposed him because of saying that its immoral to not abort. Someone said that saying that its immoral to not abort is the same as to say that abortion in that case is immoral.

Ok, that makes sense.

I don't think he was referring to forced sterilization. I think he was referring to designer babies, selecting for high intelligence/iq etc. Some in the hbd movement might support voluntary sterilization of people with low iq and criminals, I don't know whether Dawkins would support that. If he did support something like that publicly, it could cause the twitter storm of the decade.

What's so wrong with designer babies? I mean isn't it better to have intelligent babies?
     Reply #15 - February 09, 2016, 12:23 PM

What's so wrong with designer babies? I mean isn't it better to have intelligent babies?

because intelligence is NOT a measurable quantity from genetic analysis  of sperm..eggs..babies and toddlers dear Helaine ..

I guess we need a folder on Science of genetics .. there are so many books /articles, reviews on online on this subject   ...webinars. seminars etc..etc..

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »