Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Women who Men should not Marry

(Read 16483 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Women who Men should not Marry
     OP - November 01, 2012, 09:48 PM

This Gem
    http://muslimspice.com/women-whom-men-should-not-marry

Here are my favorites.

3) Professional/Career types: Muslim scholars of classical times and contemporary times have explained that a woman has no need to go outside the home to earn a living. Her father, brother, grandfather, husband, son are all there to provide for her. Career Muslim women will say Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid (RA) worked. In fact she hired men to work on her behalf. She was not out in the markets bartering and trading. Even speakers such as Yasir al-Qadhi have stated that women should not work except in a couple of professions such as teaching girls and gynecology. Muslim women marriage counselors have stated that a major cause of disruption in marriages is the inflexibility of the career wife. Avoid career women who go out to corporate offices and intermingle with men in the course of their work. If a woman loves home making, cooking, cleaning, and raising children move her up your list.

0) Contemptuous feminist types: While feminism in general has died a protracted death in America, Muslim feminism is currently riding a wave. If a woman you are talking to for marriage shows signs that if she were asked to make a sandwich and tea for you on a Saturday morning she would not do so except as a chore or begrudgingly then steer clear. In fact you shouldn’t even have to ask her. It should come naturally. Just as naturally as you go to work 40 hours a week for the family. There are two types of women. Those who consider home making a humiliating chore and those who love to please their man by making him dinner and soothing conversation after a long day or after a long week. There are niqabi women who have come on CNN and proudly boasted that they make their husbands do the dishes. If you are an impuissant man and can deal with that then all clear. If you cannot then steer clear of the women who wear the pants in the family because our Prophet Muhammad (S) has stated that the man is the leader of the family. The leading cause of American Muslim men going abroad to marry brides is the high percentage of contemptuous feminists in the marriage pool in America. If a woman feels happy about the thought of pleasing her husband then move her to the top of your list.

And So on. Smiley So yeah warning you guys, just so you know.

Out curiosity Do any of guys know any women who does not fall under anything in the list?

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • Re: Women who Men should not Marry
     Reply #1 - November 01, 2012, 09:51 PM

Yes, but they all exist in storybooks.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #2 - November 01, 2012, 10:13 PM

Is this parody site made by ex muslims or other atheists?

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #3 - November 01, 2012, 11:05 PM

The article is ridiculous, yes, but WTF is up with the poll on the right?

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #4 - November 01, 2012, 11:20 PM

Inside each and every one of us is a fair maiden.

Reply #5 - November 01, 2012, 11:39 PM

No this is a serious article I wish it was a parody.  Cry

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
     Reply #6 - November 01, 2012, 11:57 PM

The article is ridiculous, yes, but WTF is up with the poll on the right?

I actually voted on that  Lmao

And common this has to be a parody!  If this is actually not a parody than those people have just crossed the line of ignorance and stupidity and need to be locked up in padded cells. Seriously. 

Reply #7 - November 02, 2012, 01:03 PM

It is not a parody. It is quite an interesting site, aside from that one article it doesn't seem very extremist at all.

I often wonder how many male converts to Islam are really sincere in believing in Allah or they are simply yearning for the olden days when the man was really the master of the house, or they are just using Islam as a means to indulge in their fantasies about having multiple, subservient wives.

Obviously that is not the only reason, plenty of people convert to Islam because of love, the appeal of the exotic, curisoity, etc.
     Reply #8 - November 02, 2012, 02:51 PM

The only person who fits his description would be a goat.

Fuck this guy. What's sad is that women are repressed enough in some places that even he could persuade some parents to marry off their daughter to him.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #9 - November 04, 2012, 01:01 AM

Cool Non-haya types: You can spot these women easily. They may even be wearing hijab. But they do not have any shyness when talking to a man.

Lmao

Reply #10 - November 04, 2012, 01:16 AM

I'm having trouble believing this is for real - I'm thinking, maybe its a hoax to see how gullible people are to believe anything written about Islam and its attitude towards women?

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #11 - November 04, 2012, 01:23 AM

Obviously that is not the only reason, plenty of people convert to Islam because of love, the appeal of the exotic, curisoity, etc.

Exotic is an unusual way to describe Islam. When people think of exotic nations what immediately comes to mind are an array of different and unique cultures.  

When Islam was spread into the middle eastern nation via war and conquest it's effect on the rich and diverse cultures of arabs is analogous to dumping a tub of Hydrochloric acid onto a joyful golden retriever.

It corrodes away at the culture, enforcing a strict dress code which does away with the traditional dresses that once symbolized the unique nations and gave them a sense of pride.

It's enforcement of segregation by gender divides the population and prevents the meeting of people who might have been intimate friends had they not been separated on the basis of which reproductive organs they possessed.

Further more it demonizes and punishes lovers. Lovers are the representatives of art and their stories of romance are like bright rainbows that stand out in the beautiful mosaic of the human social scene.  

Reply #12 - November 04, 2012, 01:28 AM

It is not a parody. It is quite an interesting site, aside from that one article it doesn't seem very extremist at all.

I often wonder how many male converts to Islam are really sincere in believing in Allah or they are simply yearning for the olden days when the man was really the master of the house, or they are just using Islam as a means to indulge in their fantasies about having multiple, subservient wives.

Its the hip way to be a reactionary. You can also play at being an oppressed victim. Whilst also being a reactionary.

(That doesn't apply to all converts by the way, but enough to make it true for many)

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #13 - November 06, 2012, 08:58 AM

You know, I've been through this list and mostly, those points make sense to me. This is pretty much what the men in my family are looking for when seeking a bride.

However, this is one just horrified me.

3) Al-Hannaanah: The woman who yearns for her former husband or children of her former husband.

What kind of a cold-hearted bastard frowns upon a woman for yearning for the fruit of her womb? That is just disgusting.

Even if they mean children that aren't hers biologically (could be from her former husband's previous marriage), she might have raised them as her own.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #14 - November 06, 2012, 10:58 AM

Ha ha ha. That douche will be forever alone; where would anyone find a woman who didn't fall into at least one of those categories? It's kind of refreshing that the article was met with scorn in the comments section. LOL at the homosexuality poll, I voted on that too! Surprising that most of them are pro-gay rights  Huh?

-------5) Non-virgins: Do not marry a woman who lost her virginity outside marriage or even engaged in any sexual exploits such as kissing and such outside marriage. According to psychologists these women have attachment issues, tremendous baggage, and may compare you to her previous lover(s) -----

I love how Muslim "scholars" and online advice-givers always spew BS and preface it with "scientists/psychologists have confirmed that..." camel piss contains the cure for cancer! And they provide absolutely no sources whatsoever. The "she might compare you to her previous lovers" just proves that men with a virgin-fetish are small/impotent or insecure.

Ridiculous article Roll Eyes 015

Reply #15 - November 06, 2012, 04:39 PM

Ha ha ha. That douche will be forever alone; where would anyone find a woman who didn't fall into at least one of those categories?

Pakistan or Saudi Arabia, sadly.

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #16 - November 07, 2012, 01:38 AM

^True
     Reply #17 - March 31, 2013, 11:37 AM

Ha ha ha. That douche will be forever alone; where would anyone find a woman who didn't fall into at least one of those categories? It's kind of refreshing that the article was met with scorn in the comments section. LOL at the homosexuality poll, I voted on that too! Surprising that most of them are pro-gay rights  Huh?

-------5) Non-virgins: Do not marry a woman who lost her virginity outside marriage or even engaged in any sexual exploits such as kissing and such outside marriage. According to psychologists these women have attachment issues, tremendous baggage, and may compare you to her previous lover(s) -----

I love how Muslim "scholars" and online advice-givers always spew BS and preface it with "scientists/psychologists have confirmed that..." camel piss contains the cure for cancer! And they provide absolutely no sources whatsoever. The "she might compare you to her previous lovers" just proves that men with a virgin-fetish are small/impotent or insecure.

Ridiculous article Roll Eyes 015

LOL

This is one of the things that made me leave Islam, and its from experiencing marriage with a virgin!!

Funny how Mohammed almost always married "experienced" women, even his daughter in law!

"Dont put people in a box, the only people shaped box is a coffin"

"If God wanted us to believe, he would have given divine guidance to us all"

"Religion the ultimate hypnosis, the art of convincing people of a fantasy that they believe all their lives"
     Reply #18 - March 31, 2013, 01:28 PM

Temperamental types: Any woman who cannot check her emotions and is prone to frequent angry fits over little things should be avoided at all costs. If a woman’s temperament is cool as a cucumber move her up your list

6) Truculent types: The last thing you want is a woman who argues with you about every insignificant thing. There are women who know when to back off from an argument to keep peace in the home and there are those that will want to have their way. Avoid at all costs the truculent types. If a woman is wise and non-argumentative move her up your list.

Ha, irony. I can point a lot of muslim dudes that have those traits starting with my neighbor.

Non-virgins: Do not marry a woman who lost her virginity outside marriage or even engaged in any sexual exploits such as kissing and such outside marriage. According to psychologists these women have attachment issues, tremendous baggage, and may compare you to her previous lover(s). If she was previously married or widowed or if she is a convert then there is no harm in marrying her. If a woman did not lose her virginity to anything except a marriage then move her up your list.

So what if she had tons of sex, it means she has more sexual experience which moves her up to the list, be grateful. Roll Eyes

Non-haya types: You can spot these women easily. They may even be wearing hijab. But they do not have any shyness when talking to a man. They will ease into a conversation with a stranger man in her college class or work or public just as easily as she would ease into a conversation with a woman. This is not her fault. She was raised in an inclusive environment where men and women are ‘equal’ and so her dealings with men and women are also identical. If the woman you are talking to for marriage blushes or lowers her eyes instinctively when you say “Salaam” to her then move her to the top of your list.

So a woman shouldn't be an extrovert even if she is naturally one. The sad thing about it is that a lot of muslimahs here are trying to behave and internalize this attitude hoping to attract a noble man to marry.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #19 - March 31, 2013, 01:33 PM

So basically, no woman with any sort of a personality or past, gotcha.
     Reply #20 - March 31, 2013, 01:35 PM

If it is a spoof website, it's so similar to the real advice that the real things they say work just as well as this suspected spoof site.

I've heard and read this sort of advise before.  I remember getting riled up over it as a muslim, especially one piece of advice about not marrying a girl who had lived on her own first because she would be too independent.  Better to take them from their fathers house straight away so they are used to living with others and having to do their duty.

Worst part was, there was a muslim girl inside me who could understand, who thought maybe my marriage could have been better if I had never tasted independence first, but the woman inside me, the one yearning for freedom, was infuriated at the advice.

I am not sure I believe it's a spoof website, these sort of expectations are real, I've been on the receiving end of them and failed to pass the mark for acceptability, and as someone who believes a woman is worth more than a set of rules for the finding the perfect one based on some wide spread standard, that shit is maddening. 

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #21 - March 31, 2013, 03:55 PM

Ok I just LOLED at the poll they posted on the right.

This is a parody site for sure otherwise what kind of muslim would ask this question.

Reply #22 - March 31, 2013, 06:49 PM

shoot...I would marry Hamza Yusuf too.  Those dimples and that mind?    Score!

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #23 - March 31, 2013, 07:26 PM

Which poor sister wants to be a part of Zakir Naik's harem? Cheesy 
     Reply #24 - April 01, 2013, 02:46 AM

shoot...I would marry Hamza Yusuf too.  Those dimples and that mind?    Score!

Oh tabby you could do so much better.
     Reply #25 - April 01, 2013, 12:26 PM

The poll:  Cheesy I was relieved when the majority voted for 'dont want to be a co-wife' button.. But the rest? dammit.

9) Daughters of men who are in haram professions: If a woman’s father is a banker, loan officer, pork farmer, gas station owner who sells lottery tickets and alcohol, brothel owner, night club owner, pays interest on his house or pays interest on business loans then avoid marrying his daughter if she sees nothing wrong with those professions/transactions. Your wife will be the mother of your children and will teach your children what is acceptable and what is not. If she deems nothing wrong with those professions steer clear. If a woman is the daughter of a man who is in a halal profession then move her up your list.

The hells wrong with a gas station owner?  Huh?
     Reply #26 - April 01, 2013, 12:57 PM

Nothing, the full sentence goes on to say gas station owners who sell alcohol and lottery tickets. 

Its just good to know that if I ever win the lottery, my family can't squabble over expected shares since I will just thrown the "you're muslim, sorry" excuse at them.

i do that on birthdays, fathers day and mothers day.  Can't be helping my parents commit kuffar.  I'm a good daughter deep down.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #27 - April 01, 2013, 06:00 PM

aawww shucks, thanks HM   Smiley

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
     Reply #28 - December 01, 2013, 11:23 AM

Thought I'd throw this out here: this article has been heavily criticized on a couple of Muslim forums that I frequent.

On the flipside, strange how many Muslims 'on the internet' seem to ascribe to such rigid gender roles. Not a single person that I personally know in real life echos such statements.
     Reply #29 - December 01, 2013, 11:35 AM

Thought I'd throw this out here: this article has been heavily criticized on a couple of Muslim forums that I frequent.

On the flipside, strange how many Muslims 'on the internet' seem to ascribe to such rigid gender roles. Not a single person that I personally know in real life echos such statements.

It appears you know very few people Albert...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »