Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: What do Hadiths say about the Qur'an?

(Read 10181 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • What do Hadiths say about the Qur'an?
     OP - August 20, 2012, 07:57 PM

What do hadiths say about the Qur'an? Is it specifically mentioned in any hadith?
  • Re: What do Hadiths say about the Qur'an?
     Reply #1 - August 20, 2012, 09:17 PM

Plenty of ahadith contain circumstances where verses were ‘revealed’ to Muhammad, so yes — they do talk about the qur’an.
     Reply #2 - August 21, 2012, 07:04 AM

Thanks, Kodanshi. But is the Qur'an specifically mentioned by its name, do you know? Or by a name which makes it obvious that it's being referred to as the 'holy book'?
     Reply #3 - August 21, 2012, 08:55 AM

What do hadiths say about the Qur'an? Is it specifically mentioned in any hadith?

Plenty of ahadith contain circumstances where verses were ‘revealed’ to Muhammad, so yes — they do talk about the qur’an.

Thanks, Kodanshi.But is the  Qur'an specifically mentioned by its name, do you know? Or by a name which makes it obvious [/u]that it's being referred to as the 'holy book'?

Let me give you some of those nuggets that you are looking for booktalker 

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah's Apostle said "We are the last (to come amongst the nations) but (will be) the foremost on the Day of Resurrection. They were given the Holy Scripture before us and we were given the quran after them. And this was the day (Friday) about which they differed and Allah gave us the guidance (for that). So tomorrow (i.e. Saturday) is the Jews' (day), and the day after tomorrow (i.e. Sunday) is the Christians'." The Prophet (p.b.u.h) remained silent (for a while) and then said, "It is obligatory for every Muslim that he should take a bath once in seven days, when he should wash his head and body." Narrated Abu Huraira through different narrators that the Prophet said, "It is Allah's right on every Muslim that he should take a bath (at least) once in seven days."  (Book #13, Hadith #21)

Narrated Abbas bin Tamim from his uncle who said, "The Prophet went out to invoke Allah for rain. He faced the Qibla invoking Allah. He turned over his cloak (inside out) and then offered two Rakat and recited the quran aloud in them."  (Book #17, Hadith #136)

Narrated Qatada: Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet (p.b.u.h) and Zaid bin Thabit took their Suhur together. When they finished it, the Prophet stood for the (Fajr) prayer and offered it." We asked Anas, "What was the interval between their finishing the Suhur and the starting of the morning prayer?" Anas replied, "It was equal to the time taken by a person in reciting fifty verses of the quran."  (Book #21, Hadith #235)

Narrated Samura bin Jundab: The Prophet said in his narration of a dream that he saw, "He whose head was being crushed with a stone was one who learnt the quran but never acted on it, and slept ignoring the compulsory prayers."  (Book #21, Hadith #244)

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah
    : The Prophet (p.b.u.h) used to teach us the way of doing Istikhara (Istikhara means to ask Allah to guide one to the right sort of action concerning any job or a deed), in all matters as he taught us the Suras of the quran. He said, "If anyone of you thinks of doing any job he should offer a two Rakat prayer other than the compulsory ones and say (after the prayer): -- 'Allahumma inni astakhiruka bi'ilmika, Wa astaqdiruka bi-qudratika, Wa as'alaka min fadlika al-'azlm Fa-innaka taqdiru Wala aqdiru, Wa ta'lamu Wala a'lamu, Wa anta 'allamu l-ghuyub. Allahumma, in kunta ta'lam anna hadha-l-amra Khairun li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or 'ajili amri wa'ajilihi) Faqdirhu wa yas-sirhu li thumma barik li Fihi, Wa in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha-lamra shar-run li fi dini wa ma'ashi wa'aqibati amri (or fi'ajili amri wa ajilihi) Fasrifhu anni was-rifni anhu. Waqdir li al-khaira haithu kana Thumma ardini bihi...   (Book #21, Hadith #263)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Ubaidullah bin Abi Mulaika:   One of the daughters of 'Uthman died at Mecca. We went to attend her funeral procession. Ibn 'Umar and Ibn Abbas were also present. I sat in between them (or said, I sat beside one of them. Then a man came and sat beside me.) 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said to 'Amr bin 'Uthman, "Will you not prohibit crying as Allah's Apostle has said, 'The dead person is tortured by the crying of his relatives.?" Ibn Abbas said, "Umar used to say so." Then he added narrating, "I accompanied Umar on a journey from Mecca till we reached Al-Baida. There he saw some travelers in the shade of a Samura (A kind of forest tree). He said (to me), "Go and see who those travelers are." So I went and saw that one of them was Suhaib. I told this to 'Umar who then asked me to call him. So I went back to Suhaib and said to him, "Depart and follow the chief of the faithful believers." Later, when 'Umar was stabbed, Suhaib came in weeping and saying, "O my brother, O my friend!" (on this 'Umar said to him, "O Suhaib! Are you weeping for me while the Prophet said, "The dead person is punished by some of the weeping of his relatives?" Ibn Abbas added, "When 'Umar died I told all this to Aisha and she said, 'May Allah be merciful to Umar. By Allah, Allah's Apostle did not say that a believer is punished by the weeping of his relatives. But he said, Allah increases the punishment of a non-believer because of the weeping of his relatives." Aisha further added, "The quran is sufficient for you (to clear up this point) as Allah has stated: 'No burdened soul will bear another's burden.' " (35.18). Ibn Abbas then said, "Only Allah makes one laugh or cry." Ibn Umar did not say anything after that.  (Book #23, Hadith #375)

Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah: The Prophet collected every two martyrs of Uhud in one piece of cloth, then he would ask, "Which of them had (knew) more of the quran?" When one of them was pointed out for him, he would put that one first in the grave and say, "I will be a witness on these on the Day of Resurrection." He ordered them to be buried with their blood on their bodies and they were neither washed nor was a funeral prayer offered for them.  (Book #23, Hadith #427)

well those are few of hadith that mentions the word "Quran" directly....

but what do you want to do with them??    They don't help  me or   Quran only Muslims to prove that Quran is word of allahgod or Quran is word of voodoo doll...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #4 - August 21, 2012, 11:47 AM

"It is obligatory for every Muslim that he should take a bath once in seven days, when he should wash his head and body."

People who follow this blindly will stink to high heavens in hot,humid tropical climates and all because their beloved prophet told so ! But I know that people are a lot smarter and more pragmatic ! dance

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #5 - August 21, 2012, 08:06 PM

Hello yeezevee - good to find you here too! Thank you for your comprehensive answer - I'm trying to get this prickly timeline sorted out, while reading Tom Holland's book - it's throwing up more questions than answers for me, although it has made me re-think some of my previous assumptions. BT x
     Reply #6 - August 21, 2012, 08:18 PM

Hello yeezevee - good to find you here too!  Than............

I am all over wherever i find  a place that teaches  me on the subjects of Islam/god/allah and  all those other religions booktalker.,

But ....  but you have point here  in inquiring the use of word "Quran" in hadith.. indeed it does couple that time line that every one looking for on the story of Muhammad/Quran/Sahaba/hadith....

- I'm trying to get this prickly timeline sorted out, while reading Tom Holland's book - it's throwing up more questions than answers for me, although it has made me re-think some of my previous assumptions. BT x

don't worry we are all in same boat

neither Tom Holland  is unquestionable  nor any other historians including Tabari is  unquestionable on this subject., When learning on Islam for that matter any other religions and their origins from earliest possible stories we all get surprising answers and conclusions..

with best regards
    yeezevee

Reply #7 - August 21, 2012, 08:44 PM

I always wondered where you were from! Anyway one day I am going to write up what I have learned about all this in simple language and I'm not giving up. BT x
     Reply #8 - August 22, 2012, 12:04 AM

some more hadith that use the word "Quran"
    Narrated Abu Musa: The Prophet said,  'The example of a believer who recites the Qur'an  is that of a citron (a citrus fruit) which is good in taste and good in smell. And the believer  who does not recite the Quran is like a date which has a good taste but no smell . And the example of an impious person who recites the Qur'an is that of Ar-Rihana (an aromatic plant) which smells good but is bitter in taste. And the example of an impious person who  does not recite the Quran is that of a colocynth  which is bitter in taste and has no smell."  (Book #93, Hadith #649)

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab:  heard Hisham bin Hakim reciting Surat-al-Furqan during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle, I listened to his recitation and noticed that he was reciting in a way that Allah's Apostle had not taught me. I was about to jump over him while He was still in prayer, but I waited patiently and when he finished his prayer, I put my sheet round his neck (and pulled him) and said, "Who has taught you this Sura which I have heard you reciting?" Hisham said, "Allah's Apostle taught it to me." I said, "You are telling a lie, for he taught it to me in a way different from the way you have recited it!" Then I started leading (dragged) him to Allah's Apostle and said (to the Prophet), " I have heard this man reciting Surat-al-Furqan in a way that you have not taught me." The Prophet said: "(O 'Umar) release him! Recite, O Hisham." Hisham recited in the way I heard him reciting. Allah's Apostle said, "It was revealed like this." Then Allah's Apostle said, "Recite, O 'Umar!" I recited in the way he had taught me, whereupon he said, "It was revealed like this," and added,  "The Quran has been revealed to be recited in seven different ways, so recite of it whichever is easy for you ." (See Hadith No. 514, Vol. 6)  (Book #93, Hadith #640)

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet used to recite the Quran with his head in my lap while I used to be in my periods (having menses).  (Book #93, Hadith #639)

Narrated Abu Huraira:  that he heard the Prophet saying, "Allah does not listen to anything as  He listens to the recitation of the Quran by a Prophet  who recites it in attractive audible sweet sounding voice."  (Book #93, Hadith #634)

Narrated Salim's father: The Prophet said, "Not to wish to be the like of except the like of two (persons): a man whom Allah has given the knowledge of the Qura[/u]n and he recites it during the hours of the night and the hours of the day; and a man whom Allah has given wealth and he spends it (in Allah's Cause) during the hours of the night and during the hours of the day."  (Book #93, Hadith #620)

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: regarding the explanation of the Verse:-- '(O Muhammad!) Neither say your prayer aloud, nor say it in a low tone.' (17.110) This Verse was revealed while Allah's Apostle was hiding himself at Mecca. At that time, when he led his companions in prayer,  he used to raise his voice while reciting the Qur'an; and if the pagans heard him, they would abuse the Qur'an, its Revealer, and the one who brought it . So Allah said to His Prophet: "Neither say your prayer aloud. i.e., your recitation (of Qur'an) lest the pagans should hear (it) and abuse the Quran" nor say it in a low tone, "lest your voice should fail to reach your companions, "but follow a way between." (17.110)  (Book #93, Hadith #616)

Narrated Abu Huraira :
    Allah's Apostle said  "Allah never listens to anything as He listens to the Prophet reciting Quran in a pleasant sweet sounding voice."  A companion of Abu Huraira said, "He means, reciting the Quran aloud."  (Book #93, Hadith #574)

Narrated Jundab bin 'Abdullah:
    Allah's Apostle said, "Recite (and study) the Quran as long as you are in agreement as to its interpretation and meanings, but when you have differences regarding its interpretation and meanings, then you should stop reciting it (for the time being.) (See Hadith No 581, Vol. 6)  (Book #92, Hadith #466)

Reply #9 - August 24, 2012, 08:25 AM

Tom Holland's book - it's throwing up more questions than answers for me

Ha ha that's funny - just after I posted that I sat down to read the next chapter in the book which is called.... "More Questions Than Answers".

Have you read it, Yeezevee? It's now making much more sense, especially the timeline. When I've got my head around it I'll post back in the book thread. BT x
     Reply #10 - August 24, 2012, 10:57 AM

Have you read it, Yeezevee? It's now making much more sense, especially the timeline. When I've got my head around it I'll post back in the book thread. BT x

No I have not read that book booktalker., But i am reading around that book along with the references Tom Holland mentioned in that book..

In fact CEMB billy is discussing that book here in this forum and he is posting snippets from that book.. please read that billy thread..  Any ways that London News paper "The Guardian" is  going ga..ga on that book..  ..lol..

Useful to read on that book is

In the Shadow of the Sword by Tom Holland – review by Glen Bowersock

Tom Holland responds to Glen Bowersock's review of In the Shadow of the Sword

please read those links

Reply #11 - August 24, 2012, 11:00 PM

The way I read the Bowersock review wasn’t that it hounded Tom Holland for the book at all — merely his misguided writings and conclusions. As a simple example:

“He raises the possibility that the Qur'anic pagans, called mushrikun, might be confederate tribes simply because the word is constructed from the Arabic root for "sharing". He looks for these tribes in southern Jordan and not only thinks of placing Muhammad among them but proposes that his own Meccan tribe, the Quraysh, took its name from the Syriac word qarisha, which, according to Holland, would have been "duly Arabised". This jaw-dropping idea depends on Holland's mistaken view that the Syriac word could allude to a confederation. What it means is to clot or congeal.”

Or:

“He hints darkly at censorship to explain publication delays caused by textual variants in a palimpsest but is unaware that the palimpsest itself and two other manuscripts are actually now with the publisher. He is also unaware that a second cache of Qur'an manuscripts was discovered five years ago in renovations of the Great Mosque in Sana'a and that in February 2010 the Yemeni authorities granted permission for them to be studied.”
     Reply #12 - May 01, 2018, 06:57 PM

Narrated muhammad Ibn Ziyad:  I heard Abu Huraira saying as he passed by us while the people were performing ablution from a utensil containing water, "Perform ablution perfectly and thoroughly for Abul-Qasim (the Prophet) said, 'Save your heels from the Hell-fire.' "  (Book #4, Hadith #166)  

Narrated Abu Ja'far: Jabir bin Abdullah said to me, "Your cousin (Hasan bin muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya) came to me and asked about the bath of Janaba. I replied, 'The Prophet uses to take three handfuls of water, pour them on his head and then pour more water over his body.' Al-Hasan said to me, 'I am a hairy man.' I replied, 'The Prophet had more hair than you'. "  (Book #5, Hadith #256)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Muntathir: on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha (about the Hadith of Ibn 'Umar). She said, "May Allah be Merciful to Abu 'Abdur-Rahman. I used to put scent on Allah's Apostle and he used to go round his wives, and in the morning he assumed the Ihram, and the fragrance of scent was still coming out from his body."  (Book #5, Hadith #267)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Muntathir: on the authority of his father that he had asked 'Aisha about the saying of Ibn 'Umar(i.e. he did not like to be a Muhrim while the smell of scent was still coming from his body). 'Aisha said, "I scented Allah's Apostle and he went round (had sexual intercourse with) all his wives, and in the morning he was Muhrim (after taking a bath)."  (Book #5, Hadith #270)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Munkadir: Once Jabir prayed with his Izar tied to his back while his clothes were Lying beside him on a wooden peg. Somebody asked him, "Do you offer your prayer in a single Izar?" He replied, "I did so to show it to a fool like you. Had anyone of us two garments in the life-time of the Prophet?"  (Book #8, Hadith #348)

Narrated muhammad bin Al Munkadir: I saw Jabir bin 'Abdullah praying in a single garment and he said that he had seen the Prophet praying in a single garment.  (Book #8, Hadith #349)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Munkadir: I went to Jabir bin 'Abdullah and he was praying wrapped in a garment and his Rida was Lying beside him. When he finished the prayers, I said "O 'Abdullah! You pray (in a single garment) while your Rida' is lying beside you." He replied, "Yes, I did it intentionally so that the ignorant ones like you might see me. I saw the Prophet praying like this. "  (Book #8, Hadith #366)

Narrated muhammad bin 'Amr: We asked Jabir bin 'Abdullah about the prayers of the Prophet . He said, "He used to pray Zuhr prayer at mid-day, the 'Asr when the sun was still hot, and the Maghrib after sunset (at its stated time). The 'Isha was offered early if the people gathered, and used to be delayed if their number was less; and the morning prayer was offered when it was still dark. "  (Book #10, Hadith #540)  

Narrated muhammad bin 'Amr bin 'Ata': I was sitting with some of the companions of Allah's Apostle and we were discussing about the way of praying of the Prophet. Abu Humaid As-Saidi said, "I remember the prayer of Allah's Apostle better than any one of you. I saw him raising both his hands up to the level of the shoulders on saying the Takbir; and on bowing he placed his hands on both knees and bent his back straight, then he stood up straight from bowing till all the vertebrate took their normal positions. In prostrations, he placed both his hands on the ground with the forearms away from the ground and away from his body, and his toes were facing the Qibla. On sitting In the second Rak'a he sat on his left foot and propped up the right one; and in the last Rak'a he pushed his left foot forward and kept the other foot propped up and sat over the buttocks "  (Book #12, Hadith #791)  

Narrated muhammad bin Sirin: On a rainy day Ibn Abbas said to his Muadh-dhin, "After saying, 'Ash-hadu anna muhammadan Rasulullah' (I testify that muhammad is Allah's Apostle), do not say 'Haiya 'Alas-Salat' (come for the prayer) but say 'Pray in your houses'." (The man did so). But the people disliked it. Ibn Abbas said, "It was done by one who was much better than I (i.e. the Prophet (p.b.u.h) ). No doubt, the Jumua prayer is compulsory but I dislike to put you to task by bringing you out walking in mud and slush."  (Book #13, Hadith #24)

Narrated muhammad bin Abi Bakr Al-Thaqafi: While we were going from Mina to 'Arafat, I asked Anas bin Malik, about Talbiya, "How did you use to say Talbiya in the company of the Prophet?" Anas said: "People used to say Talbiya and their saying was not objected to and they used to say Takbir and that was not objected to either. "  (Book #15, Hadith #87)

Narrated muhammad: Um 'Atiyya said: "Our Prophet ordered us to come out (on 'Id day) with the mature girls and the virgins staying in seclusion." Hafsa narrated the above mentioned Hadith and added, "The mature girls or virgins staying in seclusion but the menstruating women had to keep away from the Musalla."  (Book #15, Hadith #91)

Narrated muhammad bin Sirin: Anas was asked, "Did the Prophet recite Qunut in the Fajr prayer?" Anas replied in the affirmative. He was further asked, "Did he recite Qunut before bowing?" Anas replied, "He recited Qunut after bowing for some time (for one month)."  (Book #16, Hadith #115)

Narrated muhammad: Um 'Atiyya said, "One of the daughters of the Prophet died and he came out and said, 'Wash her three or five times or more, if you think it necessary, with water and Sidr, and last of all put camphor (or some camphor) and when you finish, inform me.' " Um Atiyya added, "When we finished we informed him and he gave us his waist-sheet and said, 'Shroud her in it.' " And Um 'Atiyya (in another narration) added, "The Prophet said, 'Wash her three, five or seven times or more, if you think it necessary.' " Hafsa said that Um 'Atiyya had also said, "We entwined her hair into three braids."  (Book #23, Hadith #349)

Narrated muhammad bin Sirin: One of the sons of Um 'Atiyya died, and when it was the third day she asked for a yellow perfume and put it over her body, and said, "We were forbidden to mourn for more than three days except for our husbands."  (Book #23, Hadith #369)

Narrated Aisha: When the news of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Ja'far and 'Abdullah bin Rawaha came, the Prophet sat down looking sad, and I was looking through the chink of the door. A man came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The women of Ja'far," and then he mentioned their crying . The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered h im to stop them from crying. The man went and came back and said, "I tried to stop them but they disobeyed." The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered him for the second time to forbid them. He went again and came back and said, "They did not listen to me, (or "us": the sub-narrator muhammad bin Haushab is in doubt as to which is right). " ('Aisha added: The Prophet said, "Put dust in their mouths." I said (to that man), "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. humiliate you)." By Allah, you could not (stop the women from crying) to fulfill the order, besides you did not relieve Allah's Apostle from fatigue."  (Book #23, Hadith #392)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin muhammad: 'Aisha said, "O Allah's Apostle! You performed 'Umra but I did not." He said, "O 'Abdur-Rahman! Go along with your sister and let her perform 'Umra from Tan'im." 'Abdur-Rahman made her ride over the pack-saddle of a she-camel and she performed 'Umra.  (Book #26, Hadith #593)

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Ali came to the Prophet (p.b.u.h) from Yemen (to Mecca). The Prophet asked Ali, "With what intention have you assumed Ihram?" Ali replied, "I have assumed Ihram with the same intention as that of the Prophet." The Prophet said, "If I had not the Hadi with me I would have finished the Ihram." muhammadbin Bakr narrated extra from Ibn Juraij, "The Prophet said to Ali, "With what intention have you assumed the Ihram, O Ali?" He replied, "With the same (intention) as that of the Prophet." The Prophet said, "Have a Hadi and keep your Ihram as it is."  (Book #26, Hadith #629)

Narrated muhammad bin 'Abbas: I asked Jabir "Did the Prophet forbid fasting on Fridays?" He replied, "Yes." (Other narrators added, "If he intends to fast only that day.")  (Book #31, Hadith #205)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Majalid: Abdullah bin Shaddad and Abu Burda sent me to 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa and told me to ask 'Abdullah whether the people in the life-time of the Prophet used to pay in advance for wheat (to be delivered later). Abdullah replied, "We used to pay in advance to the peasants of Sham for wheat, barley and olive oil of a known specified measure to be delivered in a specified period." I asked (him), "Was the price paid (in advance) to those who had the things to be delivered later?" Abdullah bin Aufa replied, "We did not use to ask them about that." Then they sent me to 'Abdur Rahman bin Abza and I asked him. He replied, "The companions of the Prophet used to practice Salam in the life-time of the Prophet; and we did not use to ask them whether they had standing crops or not."  (Book #35, Hadith #447)

Narrated muhammad bin Abi Al-Mujalid:.....said, "We used to pay them in advance for wheat and barley (to be delivered later). Narrated Ash-Shaibani--"And also for oil."  (Book #35, Hadith #448)

Narrated muhammad bin Abi Al-Mujalid: Abu Burda and 'Abdullah bin Shaddad sent me to 'Abdur Rahman bin Abza and 'Abdullah bin Abi Aufa to ask them about the Salaf (Salam). They said, "We used to get war booty while we were with Allah's Apostle and when the peasants of Sham came to us we used to pay them in advance for wheat, barley, and oil to be delivered within a fixed period." I asked them, "Did the peasants own standing crops or not?" They replied, "We never asked them about it."  (Book #35, Hadith #456)

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "Who would kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf as he has harmed Allah and His Apostle ?" muhammad bin Maslama (got up and) said, "I will kill him." So, muhammad bin Maslama went to Ka'b and said, "I want a loan of one or two Wasqs of food grains." Ka'b said, "Mortgage your women to me." muhammad bin Maslama said, "How can we mortgage our women, and you are the most handsome among the Arabs?" He said, "Then mortgage your sons to me." muhammad said, "How can we mortgage our sons, as the people will abuse them for being mortgaged for one or two Wasqs of food grains? It is shameful for us. But we will mortgage our arms to you." So, muhammad bin Maslama promised him that he would come to him next time. They (muhammad bin Maslama and his companions came to him as promised and murdered him. Then they went to the Prophet and told him about it.  (Book #45, Hadith #687)

Narrated muhammad bin Ali: Jabir bin Abdullah said, "When the Prophet died, Abu Bakr received some property from Al-Ala bin Al-Hadrami. Abu Bakr said to the people, "Whoever has a money claim on the Prophet, or was promised something by him, should come to us (so that we may pay him his right)." Jabir added, "I said (to Abu Bakr), Allah's Apostle promised me that he would give me this much, and this much, and this much (spreading his hands three times)." Jabir added, "Abu Bakr counted for me and handed me five-hundred (gold pieces), and then five-hundred, and then five-hundred."  (Book #48, Hadith #848)

Narrated Abu Huraira: When Allah revealed the Verse: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya, the Aunt of Allah's Apostle! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment."  (Book #51, Hadith #16)

Narrated muhammad bin Jubair: Jubair bin Mut'im told me that while he was in the company of Allah's Apostle with the people returning from Hunain, some people (bedouins) caught hold of the Prophet and started begging of him so much so that he had to stand under a (kind of thorny tree (i.e. Samurah) and his cloak was snatched away. The Prophet stopped and said, "Give me my cloak. If I had as many camels as these thorny trees, I would have distributed them amongst you and you will not find me a miser or a liar or a coward."  (Book #52, Hadith #75)

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: The Prophet said, "Who is ready to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has really hurt Allah and His Apostle?" muhammad bin Maslama said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you like me to kill him?" He replied in the affirmative. So, muhammad bin Maslama went to him (i.e. Ka'b) and said, "This person (i.e. the Prophet) has put us to task and asked us for charity." Ka'b replied, "By Allah, you will get tired of him." muhammad said to him, "We have followed him, so we dislike to leave him till we see the end of his affair." muhammad bin Maslama went on talking to him in this way till he got the chance to kill him.  (Book #52, Hadith #270)

Narrated Said bin Jubair: Ibn 'Abbas said, "Thursday! What (great thing) took place on Thursday!" Then he started weeping till his tears wetted the gravels of the ground . Then he said, "On Thursday the illness of Allah's Apostle was aggravated and he said, "Fetch me writing materials so that I may have something written to you after which you will never go astray." The people (present there) differed in this matter and people should not differ before a prophet. They said, "Allah's Apostle is seriously sick.' The Prophet said, "Let me alone, as the state in which I am now, is better than what you are calling me for." The Prophet on his death-bed, gave three orders saying, "Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, respect and give gifts to the foreign delegates as you have seen me dealing with them." I forgot the third (order)" (Ya'qub bin muhammad said, "I asked Al-Mughira bin 'Abdur-Rahman about the Arabian Peninsula and he said, 'It comprises Mecca, Medina, Al-Yama-ma and Yemen." Ya'qub added, "And Al-Arj, the beginning of Tihama.")  (Book #52, Hadith #288)

Narrated Ibn Al-Hanafiya: If Ali had spoken anything bad about 'Uthman then he would have mentioned the day when some persons came to him and complained about the Zakat officials of 'Uthman. 'Ali then said to me, "Go to 'Uthman and say to him, 'This document contains the regulations of spending the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle so order your Zakat officials to act accordingly." I took the document to 'Uthman. 'Uthman said, "Take it away, for we are not in need of it." I returned to 'Ali with it and informed him of that. He said, "Put it whence you took it." Narrated muhammad bin Suqa: I heard Mundhir At-Tuzi reporting Ibn Hanafiya who said, "My father sent me saying, 'Take this letter to 'Uthman for it contains the orders of the Prophet concerning the Sadaqa.' "  (Book #53, Hadith #343)

Narrated muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Al-Harith: from Abu Salama bin 'Abdur-Rahman who had a dispute with some people on a piece of land, and so he went to 'Aisha and told her about it. She said, "O Abu Salama, avoid the land, for Allah's Apostle said, 'Any person who takes even a span of land unjustly, his neck shall be encircled with it down seven earths.' "  (Book #54, Hadith #417)

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "Who is willing to kill Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf who has hurt Allah and His Apostle?" Thereupon muhammad bin Maslama got up saying, "O Allah's Apostle! Would you like that I kill him?" The Prophet said, "Yes," muhammadbin Maslama said, "Then allow me to say a (false) thing (i.e. to deceive Kab). "The Prophet said, "You may say it." Then muhammadbin Maslama went to Kab and said, "That man (i.e. muhammaddemands Sadaqa (i.e. Zakat) from us, and he has troubled us, and I have come to borrow something from you." On that, Kab said, "By Allah, you will get tired of him!" muhammad bin Maslama said, "Now as we have followed him, we do not want to leave him unless and until we see how his end is going to be. Now we want you to lend us a camel load or two of food." (Some difference between narrators about a camel load or two.) Kab said, "Yes, (I will lend you), but you should mortgage something to me." muhammad bin Mas-lama and his companion said, "What do you want?" Ka'b replied, "Mortgage your women to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our women to you and you are the most handsome of the 'Arabs?" Ka'b said, "Then mortgage your sons to me." They said, "How can we mortgage our sons to you? Later they would be abused by the people's saying that so-and-so has been mortgaged for a camel load of food. That would cause us great disgrace, but we will mortgage our arms to you." muhammad bin Maslama and his companion promised Kab that muhammad would return to him. He came to Kab at night along with Kab's foster brother, Abu Na'ila. Kab invited them to come into his fort, and then he went down to them. His wife asked him, "Where are you going at this time?" Kab replied, "None but muhammad bin Maslama and my (foster) brother Abu Na'ila have come." His wife said, "I hear a voice as if dropping blood is from him, Ka'b said. "They are none but my brother muhammad bin Maslama and my foster brother Abu Naila. A generous man should respond to a call at night even if invited to be killed." muhammad bin Maslama went with two men. (Some narrators mention the men as 'Abu bin Jabr. Al Harith bin Aus and Abbad bin Bishr). So muhammad bin Maslama went in together with two men, and sail to them, "When Ka'b comes, I will touch his hair and smell it, and when you see that I have got hold of his head, strip him. I will let you smell his head." Kab bin Al-Ashraf came down to them wrapped in his clothes, and diffusing perfume. muhammad bin Maslama said. " have never smelt a better scent than this. Ka'b replied. "I have got the best 'Arab women who know how to use the high class of perfume." muhammad bin Maslama requested Ka'b "Will you allow me to smell your head?" Ka'b said, "Yes." muhammad smelt it and made his companions smell it as well. Then he requested Ka'b again, "Will you let me (smell your head)?" Ka'b said, "Yes." When muhammad got a strong hold of him, he said (to his companions), "Get at him!" So they killed him and went to the Prophet and informed him. (Abu Rafi) was killed after Ka'b bin Al-Ashraf."  (Book #59, Hadith #369)

Narrated muhammad bin Sirin: I sat in a gathering in which the chiefs of the Ansar were present, and Abdur-Rahman bin Abu Laila was amongst them. I mentioned the narration of 'Abdullah bin 'Utba regarding the question of Subai'a bint Al-Harith. Abdur-Rahman said, "But 'Abdullah's uncle used not to say so." I said, "I am too brave if I tell a lie concerning a person who is now in Al-Kufa," and I raised my voice. Then I went out and met Malik bin 'Amir or Malik bin 'Auf, and said, "What was the verdict of Ibn Mas'ud about the pregnant widow whose husband had died?" He replied, "Ibn Mas'ud said, 'Why do you impose on her the hard order and don't let her make use of the leave? The shorter Sura of women (i.e. Surat-at-Talaq) was revealed after the longer Sura (i.e. Surat-al-Baqara)." (i.e. Her 'Idda is up till she delivers.)  (Book #60, Hadith #55)

Narrated muhammad bin Abdur-Rahman Abu Al-Aswad: The people of Medina were forced to prepare an army (to fight against the people of Sham during the caliphate of 'Abdullah bin Az-Zubair at Mecca), and I was enlisted in it; Then I met 'Ikrima, the freed slave of Ibn 'Abbas, and informed him (about it), and he forbade me strongly to do so (i.e. to enlist in that army), and then said, "Ibn 'Abbas informed me that some Muslim people were with the pagans, increasing the number of the pagans against Allah's Apostle. An arrow used to be shot which would hit one of them (the Muslims in the company of the pagans) and kill him, or he would be struck and killed (with a sword)." Then Allah revealed:-- "Verily! as for those whom the angels take (in death) while they are wronging themselves (by staying among the disbelievers)" (4.97) Abu Aswad added, "Except the weak ones among men, women,..." (4.98)  (Book #60, Hadith #120)

Narrated muhammad bin 'Abbas bin Ja'far: That he heard Ibn 'Abbas reciting: "No doubt! They fold up their breasts." (11.5) and asked him about its explanation. He said, "Some people used to hide themselves while answering the call of nature in an open space lest they be exposed to the sky, and also when they had sexual relation with their wives in an open space lest they be exposed to the sky, so the above revelation was sent down regarding them."  (Book #60, Hadith #203)

Narrated Abdullah bin Umar: We used not to call Zaid bin Haritha the freed slave of Allah's Apostle except Zaid bin muhammadtill the Qu'anic Verse was revealed: "Call them (adopted sons) by (the names of) their fathers. That is more than just in the Sight of Allah." (33.5)  (Book #60, Hadith #305)

Narrated 'Abdul 'Aziz bin Rufai': Shaddad bin Ma'qil and I entered upon Ibn 'Abbas. Shaddad bin Ma'qil asked him, "Did the Prophet leave anything (besides the Qur'an)?" He replied. "He did not leave anything except what is Between the two bindings (of the Qur'an)." Then we visited muhammad bin Al-Hanafiyya and asked him (the same question). He replied, "The Prophet did not leave except what is between the bindings (of the Qur'an)."  (Book #61, Hadith #537)

Narrated Qasim bin muhammad and Sulaiman bin Yasar: that Yahya bin Said bin Al-'As divorced the daughter of 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Hakarn. Abdur-Rahman took her to his house. On that 'Aisha sent a message to Marwan bin Al-Hakam who was the ruler of Medina, saying, "Fear Allah, and urge your brother) to return her to her house." Marwan (in Sulaiman's version) said, "Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Hakam did not obey me (or had a convincing argument)." (In Al-Qasim's versions Marwan said, "Have you not heard of the case of Fatima bint Qais?" Aisha said, "The case of Fatima bint Qais is not in your favor.' Marwan bin Al-Hakam said to 'Aisha, "The reason that made Fatima bint Qais go to her father's house is just applicable to the daughter of 'Abdur-Rahman."  (Book #63, Hadith #242)

Narrated Qasim bin muhammad: Three traditions have been established because of Barira: 'Aisha intended to buy her and set her free, but Barira's masters said, "Her wala' will be for us." 'Aisha mentioned that to Allah's Apostle who said, "You could accept their condition if you wished, for the wala is for the one who manumits the slave." Barira was manumitted, then she was given the choice either to stay with her husband or leave him; One day Allah's Apostle entered 'Aisha's house while there was a cooking pot of food boiling on the fire. The Prophet asked for lunch, and he was presented with bread and some extra food from the home-made Udm (e.g. soup). He asked, "Don't I see meat (being cooked)?" They said, "Yes, O Allah's Apostle! But it is the meat that has been given to Barira in charity and she has given it to us as a present." He said, "For Barira it is alms, but for us it is a present."  (Book #65, Hadith #341)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin muhammad: 'Aisha, (complaining of headache) said, "Oh, my head"! Allah's Apostle said, "I wish that had happened while I was still living, for then I would ask Allah's Forgiveness for you and invoke Allah for you." Aisha said, "Wa thuklayah! By Allah, I think you want me to die; and If this should happen, you would spend the last part of the day sleeping with one of your wives!" The Prophet said, "Nay, I should say, 'Oh my head!' I felt like sending for Abu Bakr and his son, and appoint him as my successor lest some people claimed something or some others wished something, but then I said (to myself), 'Allah would not allow it to be otherwise, and the Muslims would prevent it to be otherwise".  (Book #70, Hadith #570)

Narrated muhammad bin Sirin: I asked Anas, "Did the Prophet dye his hair?" Anas replied, "The Prophet did not have except a few grey hairs."  (Book #72, Hadith #782)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin muhammad: Ibn 'Abbas mentioned the couple who had taken the oath of Lian. 'Abdullah bin Shaddad said (to him), "Was this woman about whom Allah's Apostle said, 'If I were ever to stone to death any woman without witnesses. (I would have stoned that woman to death)?' Ibn 'Abbas replied," No, that lady exposed herself (by her suspicious behavior)."  (Book #82, Hadith #838)

Narrated Hisham's father: 'Umar asked the people, "Who heard the Prophet giving his verdict regarding abortions?" Al-Mughira said, "I heard him judging that a male or female slave should be given (as a Diya)." 'Umar said, "Present a witness to testify your statement." muhammad bin Maslama said, "I testify that the Prophet gave such a judgment."  (Book #83, Hadith #42)

Narrated muhammad bin 'Ali: 'Ali was told that Ibn 'Abbas did not see any harm in the Mut'a marriage. 'Ali said, "Allah's Apostle forbade the Mut'a marriage on the Day of the battle of Khaibar and he forbade the eating of donkey's meat." Some people said, "If one, by a tricky way, marries temporarily, his marriage is illegal." Others said, "The marriage is valid but its condition is illegal."  (Book #86, Hadith #91)

Narrated muhammad bin Jubair bin Mut'im: That while he was included in a delegation of Quraish staying with Muawiya, Muawiya heard that 'Abdullah bin 'Amr had said that there would be a king from Qahtan tribe, whereupon he became very angry. He stood up, and after glorifying and praising Allah as He deserved, said, "To proceed, I have come to know that some of you men are narrating things which are neither in Allah's Book, nor has been mentioned by Allah's Apostle . Such people are the ignorant among you. Beware of such vain desires that mislead those who have them. I have heard Allah's Apostle saying, 'This matter (of the caliphate) will remain with the Quraish, and none will rebel against them, but Allah will throw him down on his face as long as they stick to the rules and regulations of the religion (Islam).'"  (Book #89, Hadith #253)

Narrated muhammad bin Zaid bin Abdullah bin 'Umar: Some people said to Ibn 'Umar, "When we enter upon our ruler(s) we say in their praise what is contrary to what we say when we leave them." Ibn 'Umar said, "We used to consider this as hypocrisy."  (Book #89, Hadith #289)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin muhammad: 'Aisha said, "O my head!" Allah's Apostle said, "If that (i.e., your death) should happen while I am still alive, I would ask Allah to forgive you and would invoke Allah for you." 'Aisha said, "O my life which is going to be lost! By Allah, I think that you wish for my death, and if that should happen then you would be busy enjoying the company of one of your wives in the last part of that day." The Prophet said, "But I should say, 'O my head!' I feel like calling Abu Bakr and his son and appoint (the former as my successors lest people should say something or wish for something. Allah will insist (on Abu Bakr becoming a Caliph) and the believers will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate)," or "..Allah will prevent (anyone else from claiming the Caliphate) and the believers will insist (on Abu Bakr becoming the Caliph)."  (Book #89, Hadith #324)

Narrated Al-Qasim bin muhammad: Ibn 'Abbas mentioned the case of a couple on whom the judgment of Lian has been passed. 'Abdullah bin Shaddad said, "Was that the lady in whose case the Prophet said, "If I were to stone a lady to death without a proof (against her)?' "Ibn 'Abbas said, "No! That was concerned with a woman who though being a Muslim used to arouse suspicion by her outright misbehavior." (See Hadith No. 230, Vol.7)  (Book #90, Hadith #344)

Narrated muhammad: We were with Abu Huraira while he was wearing two linen garments dyed with red clay. He cleaned his nose with his garment, saying, "Bravo! Bravo! Abu Huraira is cleaning his nose with linen! There came a time when I would fall senseless between the pulpit of Allah's Apostle and 'Aisha's dwelling whereupon a passerby would come and put his foot on my neck, considering me a mad man, but in fact, I had no madness, I suffered nothing but hunger."  (Book #92, Hadith #425)

Narrated muhammad bin Al-Munkadir: I saw Jabir bin 'Abdullah swearing by Allah that Ibn Sayyad was the Dajjal. I said to Jabir, "How can you swear by Allah?" Jabir said, "I have heard 'Umar swearing by Allah regarding this matter in the presence of the Prophet and the Prophet did not disapprove of it."  (Book #92, Hadith #453)

Reply #13 - May 03, 2018, 01:01 PM

So THAT POST WAS FROM BBS (Bukhari Bull Shit)  ..   and  now let me add similar  stories of Islam from   SMS  (Sahih Muslim  Shit)

This hadith is narrated to us on the authority of muhammad b. 'Abdullah b. Numair, on the authority of muhammad b. Bishr, on the authority of Abd Hayyan al-Taymi with the exception that in this narration (instead of the words (Iza Waladat al'amah rabbaha), the words are (Iza Waladat al'amah Ba'laha), i, e, when slave-girl gives birth to her master.  (Book #001, Hadith #0005)    

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah son of 'Umar that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: (The superstructure of) al-Islam is raised on five (pillars), testifying (the fact) that there is no god but Allah, that muhammad is His bondsman and messenger, and the establishment of prayer, payment of Zakat, Pilgrimage to the House (Ka'ba) and the fast of Ramadan.  (Book #001, Hadith #0020)                

Abu Huraira reported the same hadith which is transmitted to us by another chain of transmitters, e. g. muhammad b. al-Muthanna, Ishaq b. Yusuf Azraq, Ibn 'Aun, etc.  (Book #001, Hadith #0085)

muhammad b. Hatim and others narrate the same hadith of the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) on the authority of Tamim ad-Dari.  (Book #001, Hadith #0099)        

muhammad b. Mihran narrates this hadith on the authority of Abu Huraira and made mention of plundering but did not talk of (a thing) having value.  (Book #001, Hadith #0106)

muhammad b. Rafi', Abdur-Razzaq, Sufyan, A'mash narrated this hadith like one narrated by Shu'ba, on the authority of Abu Huraira tracing, it (right to the Holy Prophet).  (Book #001, Hadith #0110

It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) made observations like them embodied in the hadith narrated by Yahya b. muhammad on the authority of 'Ala', and added to it: even if he observed fast and prayed and asserted that he was a Muslim.  (Book #001, Hadith #0115)

Harmala b. Yahya, Abdullah b. Wahb, Umar b. muhammad, Ibn Umar narrated like the hadith reported by Shu'ba on the authority of Waqid.  (Book #001, Hadith #0127)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah was asked about the best of deeds. He observed: Belief in Allah. He (the inquirer) said: What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Jihad (struggle to the utmost) in the cause of Allah. He (the inquirer) again said: What next? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: Pilgrimage accepted into the grace of the Lord. In the. tradition narrated on the authority of muhammadb. Ja'far (the words are) that he (the Holy Prophet) said: Belief in Allah and His Messenger. muhammad b. Rafi and 'Abd b. Humaid, 'Abdur-Razzaq and Ma'mar and Zuhri have narrated a hadith like this on the authority of the same chain of transmitters.  (Book #001, Hadith #0148)

muhammad b. Abu Rafi' narrated the hadith on the authority of Abu Dharr with a slight difference.  (Book #001, Hadith #0150)

This hadith has been transmitted by muhammad b. Bashshar, muhammad b. Ja'far Shu'ba with this chain of narrators, with the addition that he pointed towards the house of 'Abdullah, but he did not mention his name for us.  (Book #001, Hadith #0154)

The same hadith has been transmitted by muhammad b. 'Amr, Abu Baker b. Ishaq, Abu'l-Jawwab, A'mash and Abu Huraira.  (Book #001, Hadith #0240)

This hadith has been transmitted by another chain of narrators: Abu Bakr b. Abi Shaiba, Ishaq b. Ibrahim, Harun b. Abdullah, Abi Usama, Walid b. Kathir, muhammad b. Ka'b, his brother Abdullah b. Ka'b and Abi Usama.  (Book #001, Hadith #0253)

It is narrated on the authority of Thabit, that when 'Abdullah b. 'Amr and 'Anbasa b. Abi Sufyan were about to fight against each other, Khalid b. 'As rode to 'Abdullah b. 'Amr and persuaded him (not to do so). Upon this Abdullah b. 'Amr said: Are you not aware that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had observed:" He who died in protecting his property is a martyr." This hadith has been narrated by muhammad b. Hatim, muhammad b. Bakr, Ahmad b. 'Uthman Naufali, Abu 'Asim, Ibn Juraij.  (Book #001, Hadith #0260)

The same hadith has been narrated on the authority of muhammad b Sa'd and these words (are also there): The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) gave a stroke on my neck or between my two shoulders and said: Sa'd, do you fight with me simply because I gave (a share) to a man?  (Book #001, Hadith #0279)

'Abdullah b. muhammad narrated the same hadith on the authority of Abu Huraira and in the transmission by Malik the words are that he (the Holy Prophet) recited the verse:" but that my heart may rest at ease" and completed it.  (Book #001, Hadith #0281)

muhammad b. 'Abd al-A'la reported it to me: Mu'tamir narrated to us on the authority of his father who transmitted it liom Anas that verity the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) said, and then narrated the hadith like the one transmitted by Qatada on the authority of Anas.   (Book #001, Hadith #0395)

This hadith is narrated from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) by another chain of narrators, muhammad b. Abd al-A'la, Mu'tamir, Abu 'Uthman, Zuhair b. 'Amr, Qabisa b. Mukhariq.   (Book #001, Hadith #0405)

This hadith is narrated from the Apostle (may peace be upon him) like one narrated by Abu 'Uwana on the authority of the chain of transmitters like muhammad b. Hatim, Yahya b. Sa'id, Abu Sufyan, 'Abbas b. 'Abd al-Muttalib and others.   (Book #001, Hadith #0410)

muhammad b. Ziyad reported: I heard Abu Huraira narrate this: I heard it from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) saying a hadith like one narrated by al-Rabi'.  (Book #001, Hadith  #0419)

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported: When the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) took a bath because of sexual intercourse, he poured three handfuls of water upon his head. Hasan b. muhammad said to him (the narrator): My hair is thick. Upon this Jabir observed. I said to him: O son of my brother, the hair of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was thicker than your hair and these were more fine (than yours).   (Book #003, Hadith #0642)

It is reported from Mu'adha that she asked 'A'isha: Should a menstruating woman complete the prayer (abandoned during the menstrual period)? 'A'isha said: Are you a Hurariya? The wives of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) have had their monthly courses, (but) did he order them to make compensation (for the abandoned prayers)? muhammad b. Ja'far said: (Compensation) denotes their completion.  (Book #003, Hadith #0661)

This hadith is narrated by muhammad b. 'Amr b. Ata' with these words: I was with Ibn 'Abbas, and Ibn 'Abbas saw the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) doing like this, and it is also said that the words are: He (the Holy Prophet) offered prayer; and the word" people" is not mentioned.   (Book #003, Hadith #0699)

This hadith is transmitted by muhammad b. Rafi', Abu'I-Razzaq. Ma'mar, Hammam on the authority of Abu Huraira with the addition of (the word)" prayer".   (Book #004, Hadith #0852)

muhammad b. 'Amr b. al-Hasan b. 'All reported: When Hajjaj came to Medina we asked Jabir b. Abdullah (about the timings of prayer as observed by the Holy Prophet). He said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to pray afternoon prayer in the midday heat; the afternoon prayer when the sun was bright; the evening prayer when the sun had completely set; and as for the night prayer, he sometimes delayed and sometimes (observed it) at earlier hours. When he found them (his Companions) assembled (at earlier hours) he (prayed) early. and when he saw them coming late, he delayed the (prayer). and the morning prayer the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed in the darkness before dawn.   (Book #004, Hadith #1348)

muhammad b. 'Amr al-Hasan b. 'All reported: Hajjaj used to delay the prayers, and so we asked Jabir b. 'Abdullah, and the rest of the hadith is the same.   (Book #004, Hadith #1349)

Abu Sha'tha' reported: While we were sitting with Abu Huraira in a mosque a man went out of the mosque after the call to prayer had been announced. (A man stood up in the mosque and set off.) Abu Huraira's eyes followed him till he went out of the mosque. Upon this Abu Huraira said: This man has disobeyed Abu'l- Qasim (muhammad) (may peace be upon him).   (Book #004, Hadith #1377)

Mahmud b. al-Rabi' reported that 'Ibn b. Malik, who was one of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) and who participated in the (Battle of) Badr and was among the Ansar (of Medina), told that he came to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and said: Messenger of Allah, I have lost my eyesight and I lead my people in prayer. When there is a downpour there is then a current (of water) in the valley that stands between me and them and I find it impossible to go to their mosque and lead them in prayer. Messenger of Allah, I earnestly beg of you that you should come and observe prayer at a place of worship (in my house) so that I should then use it as a place of worship. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Well, it God so wills. I would soon do so. 'Itban said: On the following day when the day dawned, the Messenger of Allah (may peace he upon him) came along with Abu Bakr at-Siddiq, and the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) asked permission (to get into the house). I gave him the permission, and be did not sit after entering the house, when he said: At what place in your house you desire me to say prayer? I ('Itban b. Malik) said: I pointed to a corner in the house, The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) stood (at that place for prayer) and pronounced Allah-o-Akbar (Allah is the Greatest) (as an expression for the commencement of prayer). We too stood behind him, and he said two rak'ahs and then pronounced salutation (marking the end of the prayer). We detained him (the Holy Prophet) for the meat curry we had prepared for, him. The people of the neighbouring houses came and thus there was a good gathering in (our house). One of them said: Where is Malik b. Dukhshun? Upon this one of them remarked: He is a hypocrite; he does not love Allah and His Messenger. Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Do not say so about him. Don't you see that he utters La ilaha ill-Allah (There is no god but Allah) and seeks the pleasure of Allah through it? They said: Allah and His Messenger know beet. One (among the audience) said: We see his inclination and wellwishing for hypocrites only. Upon this the Messenger of Allah' (may peace be upon him) again said: Verily Allah has forbidden the Fire for one who says: There is no god but Allah, thereby seeking Allah's pleasure. Ibn Shihab said: I asked Husain b. muhammad al-Ansar (he was one of the leaders of Banu Salim) about the hadith transmitted by Mahmud b. Rabi' and he testified it.   (Book #004, Hadith #1384)

Ja'far b. muhammad said on the authority of his father: I heard Jabir b. 'Abdullah saying that in the sermon of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) he praised Allah, lauded Him (and subsequently said [other words] and raised his voice, and the rest of the hadith is the same).   (Book #004, Hadith #1886)

This hadith has been narrated by Ibrahim b muhammad b. al-Muntashir with the same chain of transmitters.   (Book #004, Hadith #1908)

It is narrated on the authority of muhammad b. Munkadir that he said: I heard from Mas'ud b. al-Hakam who narrated it on the authority of Hadrat 'Ali that he said: We saw the Holy Prophet (may peace be upon him) stood up for a (bier) and we also stood up; he sat down and we too sat down.   (Book #004, Hadith #2102)

muhammad b. Qais said (to the people): Should I not narrate to you (a hadith of the Holy Prophet) on my authority and on the authority of my mother? We thought that he meant the mother who had given him birth. He (muhammad b. Qais) then reported that it was 'A'isha who had narrated this: Should I not narrate to you about myself and about the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? We said: Yes. She said: When it was my turn for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to spend the night with me, he turned his side, put on his mantle and took off his shoes and placed them near his feet, and spread the corner of his shawl on his bed and then lay down till he thought that I had gone to sleep. He took hold of his mantle slowly and put on the shoes slowly, and opened the door and went out and then closed it lightly. I covered my head, put on my veil and tightened my waist wrapper, and then went out following his steps till he reached Baqi'. He stood there and he stood for a long time. He then lifted his hands three times, and then returned and I also returned. He hastened his steps and I also hastened my steps. He ran and I too ran. He came (to the house) and I also came (to the house). I, however, preceded him and I entered (the house), and as I lay down in the bed, he (the Holy Prophet) entered the (house), and said: Why is it, O 'A'isha, that you are out of breath? I said: There is nothing. He said: Tell me or the Subtle and the Aware would inform me. I said: Messenger of Allah, may my father and mother be ransom for you, and then I told him (the whole story). He said: Was it the darkness (of your shadow) that I saw in front of me? I said: Yes. He struck me on the chest which caused me pain, and then said: Did you think that Allah and His Apostle would deal unjustly with you? She said: Whatsoever the people conceal, Allah will know it. He said: Gabriel came to me when you saw me. He called me and he concealed it from you. I responded to his call, but I too concealed it from you (for he did not come to you), as you were not fully dressed. I thought that you had gone to sleep, and I did not like to awaken you, fearing that you may be frightened. He (Gabriel) said: Your Lord has commanded you to go to the inhabitants of Baqi' (to those lying in the graves) and beg pardon for them. I said: Messenger of Allah, how should I pray for them (How should I beg forgiveness for them)? He said: Say, Peace be upon the inhabitants of this city (graveyard) from among the Believers and the Muslims, and may Allah have mercy on those who have gone ahead of us, and those who come later on, and we shall, God willing, join you.   (Book #004, Hadith #2127)

This hadith has been narrated by muhammad b. Isma'il with the same chain of transmitters.   (Book #005, Hadith #2169)

Ahnaf b. Qais reported: I came to Medina and when I was in the company of the grandees of Quraish a man with a crude body and an uncouth face wearing coarse clothes came there. He stood up before them and said: Give glad tidings to those whom who amass riches of the stones which would be heated in the Fire of Hell, and would be placed at the tick of the chest till it would project from the shoulder bone and would he put on the shoulder bone till it would project from the tick of his chest, and it (this stone) would continue passing and repassing (from one side to the other). He (the narrator) said: Then people hung their heads and I saw none among them giving any answer. He then returned and I followed him till he sat near a pillar. I said: I find that these (people) disliked what you said to them and they do not understand anything. My friend Abu'l-Qasim (muhammad) (may peace he upon him) called me and I responded to him, and he said: Do you see Uhud? I saw the sun (shining) on me and I thought that he would send me on an errand for him. So I said: I see it. Upon this he said: Nothing would delight me more than this that I should have gold like it (equal to the bulk of Uhud), and I should spend it all except three dinars. (How sad it is) that they hoard worldly riches, and they know nothing. I said: What about you and your brothers Quraish? You do not go to thein for any need and do not accept anything from them. He said: By Allah, I neither beg anything from them (from worldly goods), nor do I ask them anything about religion till I meet my Allah and His Messenger.   (Book #005, Hadith #2176)

muhammad b. Sa'd reported on the authority of his father (Sa'd b. Abi Waqqas (Allah be pleased with him) that the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) had said: Tho month is thus and thus, and thus, i. e. ten, ten and nine. This hadith has been narrated by Abu Khalid with the same chain of transmitters.   (Book #006, Hadith #2390)

Abd al-Rahman b. Yazid said: When al-Ash'ath b. Qais entered the house of 'Abdullah he was having his breakfast. He ('Abdullah b. Umar) said: Abd muhammad (al-Asha'th), come near to the breakfast. Thereupon he said: Is not today the day of 'Ashura? He ('Abd al-Rahman) said: Do you know what the day of 'Ashura is? He said: What is it? He said: It is a day on which the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to observe fast before the (fasting) in the month of Ramadan (became) obligatory. But when it became obligatory the (fasting of 'Ashura) was abandoned (as compulsory). Abu Kuraib said: He (the Holy Prophet) abandoned it.  (Book #006, Hadith #2510)

muhammad b. 'Abbas b. Ja'far reported: I asked Jabir b. 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with both of them) as he was circumambulating the House (Ka'ba) whether the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) had forbidden the fasting on Friday, whereupon he said: Yes, by the Lord of this House.  (Book #006, Hadith #2543)

muhammad b. 'Abbas b. Ja'far reported that he asked Jabir b. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with them), whether he had heard like this from the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him).  (Book #006, Hadith #2544)

muhammad b. al-Muntashir reported on the authority of his father: I asked 'Abdullah b. 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) about a person who applied perfume and then (on the following) morning entered upon the state of lhram. There- upon he said: I do not like to enter upon the state of Ihram shaking off the perfume. Rubbing of tar (upon my body) is dearer to me than doing this (i. e. the applying of perfume), I went to 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) and told her that Ibn 'Umar stated:" I do not like to enter upon the state of Ihram shaking off the perfume. Rubbing of tar (upon my body) is dearer to me than doing it (the applying of perfume)." Thereupon 'A'isha said: I applied perfume to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) at the time of his entering upon the state of Ihram. He then went round his wives and then put on Ihram in the morning.  (Book #007, Hadith #2698)

muhammad b. al-Muntashir reported on the authority of his father: I heard from Ibn 'mar having said this:" It is dearer to me to rub tar (on my body) than to enter upon the state of Ihram (in a state) of shaking off the perfume." He (the narrator) said: I went to 'A'isha and told her about this statement of his (of Ibn 'Umar). Thereupon she said: I applied perfume to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and he then went round his wives and then entered upon the state of Ihram in the morning.  (Book #007, Hadith #2700)

A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Asma' hint 'Umais gave birth to muhammad b Abu Bakr near Dhu'I-Hulaifa. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanded Abu Bakr to convey to her that she should take a bath and then enter into the state of Ihram.  (Book #007, Hadith #2762)

AI-Qasim b. muhammad reported that A'isha had come for Hajj.  (Book #007, Hadith #2778)

'Umra reported: I heard A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) as saying: We went out with the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) five days before the end of Dhi Qa'dah, and we did see but that he intended to perform Hajj (only), but as we came near Mecca the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) commanded that he who did not have the sacrificial animal with him should put off Ibrim after circumambulating the House and running between al-Safa and aI-Marwa (and thus convert his Ihram from that of Hajj to 'Umra). 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) said: The flesh of cow was sent to us on the Day of Sacrifice (10th of Dhu'I-Hijja). I said. What is this? It was said: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) sacrificed (the cow) on behalf of his wives. Yabyi said: I made a mention of this hadith (what has been stated by Umra) to Qisim b. muhammad, whereupon be said: By Allah, she has rightly narrated it to you.  (Book #007, Hadith #2779)

Jabir b. Abdullah is reported to have said: Neither Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) nor his Companions (circumambulated the Ka'ba and) ran between al-Safa and al-Marwa but once (sufficing both for Hajj and 'Umra). But in the hadith transmitted by muhammad b. Bakr there is an addition:" That is first circumambu- lation."  (Book #007, Hadith #2796)

Ja'far b muhammad reported on the authority of his father: We went to Jabir b. Abdullah and he began inquiring about the people (who had gone to see him) till it was my turn. I said: I am muhammad b. 'Ali b. Husain. He placed his hand upon my head and opened my upper button and then the lower one and then placed his palm on my chest (in order to bless me), and I was, during those days, a young boy, and he said: You are welcome, my nephew. Ask whatever you want to ask. And I asked him but as he was blind (he could not respond to me immediately), and the time for prayer came. He stood up covering himself in his mantle. And whenever he placed its ends upon his shoulders they slipped down on account of being short (in size). Another mantle was, however, lying on the clothes rack near by. And he led us in the prayer. I said to him: Tell me about the Hajj of Allah's Messenger (May peace be upon him). And he pointed with his hand nine, and then stated: The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) stayed in (Medina) for nine years but did not perform Hajj, then he made a public announcement in the tenth year to the effect that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was about to perform the Hajj. A large number of persons came to Medina and all of them were anxious to follow the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) and do according to his doing. We set out with him till we reached Dhu'l-Hulaifa. Asma' daughter of Umais gave birth to muhammad b. Abu Bakr. She sent message to the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) asking him: What should 1 do? He (the Holy Prophet) said: Take a bath, bandage your private parts and put on Ihram. The Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) then prayed in the mosque and then mounted al-Qaswa (his she-camel) and it stood erect with him on its back at al-Baida'. And I saw as far as I could see in front of me but riders and pedestrians, and also on my right and on my left and behind me like this. And the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) was prominent among us and the (revelation) of the Holy Qur'an was descending upon him. And it is he who knows (its true) significance. And whatever he did, we also did that. He pronounced the Oneness of Allah (saying):" Labbaik,0 Allah, Labbaik, Labbaik. Thou hast no partner, praise and grace is Thine and the Sovereignty too; Thou hast no partner." And the people also pronounced this Talbiya which they pronounce (today). The Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) did not reject anything out of it. But the Messenger of Allah (May peace. be upon him) adhered to his own Talbiya. Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) said: We did not have any other intention but that of Hajj only, being unaware of the Umra (at that season), but when we came with him to the House, he touched the pillar and (made seven circuits) running three of them and walking four. And then going to the Station of Ibrahim, he recited:" And adopt the Station of Ibrahim as a place of prayer." And this Station was between him and the House. My father said (and I do not know whether he had made a mention of it but that was from Allah's Apostle [May peace be upon him] that he recited in two rak'ahs:" say: He is Allah One," and say:" Say: 0 unbelievers." He then returned to the pillar (Hajar Aswad) and kissed it. He then went out of the gate to al-Safa' and as he reached near it he recited:" Al-Safa' and al-Marwa are among the signs appointed by Allah," (adding: ) I begin with what Allah (has commanded me) to begin. He first mounted al-Safa' till he saw the House, and facing Qibla he declared the Oneness of Allah and glorified Him, and said:" There is no god but Allah, One, there is no partner with Him. His is the Sovereignty. to Him praise is due. and He is Powerful over everything. There is no god but Allah alone, Who fulfilled His promise, helped His servant and routed the confederates alone." He then made supplication in the course of that saying such words three times. He then descended and walked towards al-Marwa, and when his feet came down in the bottom of the valley, he ran, and when he began to ascend he walked till he reached al-Marwa. There he did as he had done at al-Safa'. And when it was his last running at al-Marwa he said: If I had known beforehand what I have come to know afterwards, I would not have brought sacrificial animals and would have performed an 'Umra. So, he who among you has not the sacrificial animals with him should put off Ihram and treat it as an Umra. Suraqa b. Malik b. Ju'sham got up and said: Messenger of Allah, does it apply to the present year, or does it apply forever? Thereupon the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) intertwined the fingers (of one hand) into another and said twice: The 'Umra has become incorporated in the Hajj (adding):" No, but for ever and ever." 'All came from the Yemen with the sacrificial animals for the Prophet (May peace be upon him) and found Fatimah (Allah be pleased with her) to be one among those who had put off Ihram and had put on dyed clothes and had applied antimony. He (Hadrat'Ali) showed disapproval to it, whereupon she said: My father has commanded me to do this. He (the narrator) said that 'Ali used to say in Iraq: I went to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) showing annoyance at Fatimah for what she had done, and asked the (verdict) of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) regarding what she had narrated from him, and told him that I was angry with her, whereupon he said: She has told the truth, she has told the truth. (The Holy Prophet then asked 'Ali): What did you say when you undertook to go for Hajj? I ('Ali) said: 0 Allah, I am putting on Ihram for the same purpose as Thy Messenger has put it on. He said: I have with me sacrificial animals, so do not put off the Ihram. He (Jabir) said: The total number of those sacrificial animals brought by 'Ali from the Yemen and of those brought by the Apostle (may peace be upon him) was one hundred. Then all the people except the Apostle (may peace be upon him) and those who had with them sacrificial animals, put off Ihram, and got their hair clipped; when it was the day of Tarwiya (8th of Dhu'l-Hijja) they went to Mina and put on the Ihram for Hajj and the Messenger of Ailah (may peace be upon him) rode and led the noon, afternoon, sunset 'Isha' and dawn prayers. He then waited a little till the sun rose, and commanded that a tent of hair should be pitched at Namira. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) then set out and the Quraish did not doubt that he would halt at al-Mash'ar al-Haram (the sacred site) as the Quraish used to do in the pre-Islamic period. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), however, passed on till he came to 'Arafa and he found that the tent had been pitched for him at Namira. There he got down till the sun had passed the meridian; he commanded that al-Qaswa should be brought and saddled for him. Then he came to the bottom of the valley, and addressed the people saying: Verily your blood, your property are as sacred and inviolable as the sacredness of this day of yours, in this month of yours, in this town of yours. Behold! Everything pertaining to the Days of Ignorance is under my feet completely abolished. Abolished are also the blood-revenges of the Days of Ignorance. The first claim of ours on blood-revenge which I abolish is that of the son of Rabi'a b. al-Harith, who was nursed among the tribe of Sa'd and killed by Hudhail. And the usury of she pre-Islamic period is abolished, and the first of our usury I abolish is that of 'Abbas b. 'Abd al-Muttalib, for it is all abolished. Fear Allah concerning women! Verily you have taken them on the security of Allah, and intercourse with them has been made lawful unto you by words of Allah. You too have right over them, and that they should not allow anyone to sit on your bed whom you do not like. But if they do that, you can chastise them but not severely. Their rights upon you are that you should provide them with food and clothing in a fitting manner. I have left among you the Book of Allah, and if you hold fast to it, you would never go astray. And you would be asked about me (on the Day of Resurrection), (now tell me) what would you say? They (the audience) said: We will bear witness that you have conveyed (the message), discharged (the ministry of Prophethood) and given wise (sincere) counsel. He (the narrator) said: He (the Holy Prophet) then raised his forefinger towards the sky and pointing it at the people (said):" O Allah, be witness. 0 Allah, be witness," saying it thrice. (Bilal then) pronounced Adhan and later on Iqama and he (the Holy Prophet) led the noon prayer. He (Bilal) then uttered Iqama and he (the Holy Prophet) led the afternoon prayer and he observed no other prayer in between the two. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) then mounted his camel and came to the place of stay, making his she-camel al-Qaswa, turn towards the side where there we are rocks, having the path taken by those who went on foot in front of him, and faced the Qibla. He kept standing there till the sun set, and the yellow light had somewhat gone, and the disc of the sun had disappeared. He made Usama sit behind him, and he pulled the nosestring of Qaswa so forcefully that its head touched the saddle (in order to keep her under perfect control), and he pointed out to the people with his right hand to be moderate (in speed), and whenever he happened to pass over an elevated tract of sand, he slightly loosened it (the nose-string of his camel) till she climbed up and this is how he reached al-Muzdalifa. There he led the evening and 'Isha prayers with one Adhan and two Iqamas and did not glorify (Allah) in between them (i. e. he did not observe supererogatory rak'ahs between Maghrib and 'Isha' prayers). The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) then lay down till dawn and offered the dawn prayer with an Adhan and Iqama when the morning light was clear. He again mounted al-Qaswa, and when he came to al-Mash'ar al-Haram, he faced towards Qibla, supplicated Him, Glorified Him, and pronounced His Uniqueness (La ilaha illa Allah) and Oneness, and kept standing till the daylight was very clear. He then went quickly before the sun rose, and seated behind him was al-Fadl b. 'Abbas and he was a man having beautiful hair and fair complexion and handsome face. As the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) was moving on, there was also going a group of women (side by side with them). Al-Fadl began to look at them. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) placed his hand on the face of Fadl who then turned his face to the other side, and began to see, and the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) turned his hand to the other side and placed it on the face of al-Fadl. He again turned his face to the other side till he came to the bottom of Muhassir. 1680 He urged her (al-Qaswa) a little, and, following the middle road, which comes out at the greatest jamra, he came to the jamra which is near the tree. At this be threw seven small pebbles, saying Allah-o-Akbar while throwing every one of them in a manner in which the small pebbles are thrown (with the help of fingers) and this he did in the bottom of the valley. He then went to the place of sacrifice, and sacrificed sixty-three (camels) with his own hand. Then he gave the remaining number to 'All who sacrificed them, and he shared him in his sacrifice. He then commanded that a piece of flesh from each animal sacrificed should be put in a pot, and when it was cooked, both of them (the Holy Prophet and Hadrat 'All) took some meat out of it and drank its soup. The Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) again rode and came to the House, and offered the Zuhr prayer at Mecca. He came to the tribe of Abd al-Muttalib, who were supplying water at Zamzam, and said: Draw water. O Bani 'Abd al-Muttalib; were it not that people would usurp this right of supplying water from you, I would have drawn it along with you. So they handed him a basket and he drank from it.  (Book #007, Hadith #2803)

Ja'far b. muhammad narrated on the authority of his father thus: I came to Jabir b. Abdullah and asked him about the (Farewell) Pilgrimage of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). The rest of the hadith is the same, but with the addition of this:" There was one Abu Sayyara among the Arabs, (of pre-Islamic period) who carried (people from Muzdalifa to Mini). As the Messenger of Allah (May peace be upon him) set out from Muzdalifa to al-Mash'ar al-Haram, the Quraish were certain that he would halt there and that would be his station. But he passed on (without staying) there. and paid no heed to it till he came to 'Arafat and there he stayed."  (Book #007, Hadith #2804)

muhammad b. 'Abd al-Rahman reported: A person from Iraq said to him to inquire from 'Urwa b. Zubair for him whether a person who puts on Ihram for Hajj is allowed to put it off or not as he circumambulates the House. And if he says:" No, it can't be put off," then tell him that there is a person who makes such an assertion. He (muhammad b. 'Abd al-Rahman) then said: I asked him ( Urwa b. Zubair), where- upon he said: The person who has entered into the state of Ihram for Hajj cannot get out of it unless he has, completed the Hajj I (further) said (to him): (What) if a person makes that assertion? Thereupon he said: It is indeed unfortunate that he makes such an assertion. That person ('Iraqi) then met me and he asked me and I narrated to him (the reply of 'Urwa), whereupon he (the Iraqi) said: Tell him ('Urwa) that a person had informed him that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had done that; and why is it that Asma' and Zubair have done like this? He (muhammad b. 'Abd al-Rahman) said: I went to him and made a mention of that to him, whereupon he ('Urwa) said: Who is he (the 'Iraqi)? I said: I do not know, whereupon he said: What is the matter that he does not come to me himself and ask me? I suppose he is an 'Iraqi. I said: I do not know, whereupon he said: He has told a lie. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) performed Hajj, and 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) has told me that the first thing with which he commenced (the rituals) when he arrived at Mecca was that he performed ablution and then circumambulated the Ka'ba. Then Abu Bakr performed Hajj and the first thing with which he commenced (the Hajj) as the circumambulation of the Ka'ba and nothing besides it. So did 'Umar. Then 'Uthman performed Hajj and I saw that the first thing with which he commenced the Hajj was the circumambulation of the Ka'ba and nothing besides it. Then Mu'awiya and Abdullah b. 'Umar did that. Then I performed Hajj with my father Zubair b. al-'Awwam, and the first thing with which he commenced (Hajj) was the circumambulation of the House. He then did nothing besides it. I then saw the emigrants (Muhajirin) and the helpers (Ansar) doing like this and nothing besides it. And the last one whom I saw doing like this was Ibn 'Umar. And he did not break it (the Hajj) after performing 'Umra. And Ibn 'Umar is with them. Why don't they ask him (to testify it)? And none amongst those who had passed away commenced (the rituals of Hajj) but by circumambulating the Ka'ba on their (first arrival) and they did not put off Ihram (without completing the Hajj), and I saw my mother and my aunt commencing (their Hajj) with the circumambulation of the House, and they did not put off Ihram. My mother informed me that she came and her sister, and Zubair and so and so for 'Umra, and when they had kissed the corner (the Black Stone, after Sa'i and circumambulation), they put off Ihram. And he (the 'Iraqi) has told a lie in this matter.  (Book #007, Hadith #2850)

muhammad b. Abu Bakr al-Thaqafi asked Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him), while on their way from Mina to 'Arafa in the morning: What did you do on this day in the company of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)? Thereupon he said: One of us pronounced Tahlil, and he met with no disapproval, and one of us pronounced Takbir, and he also met with no disapproval.  (Book #007, Hadith #2939)

muhammad b. Abu Bakr reported: I said to Anas b. Malik in the morning of 'Arafa: What do you say as to pronouncing Talbiya on this day? He said: I travelled with Allah's Apostle (may peace he upon him) and his Companions in this journey. Some of us pronounced Takbir and some of us pronounced Tahlil, and none of us found fault with his companion.  (Book #007, Hadith #2940)

muhammad b. 'Ali narrated on the authority of his father 'Ali that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) on the Day of Khaibar prohibited for ever the contracting of temporary marriage and eating of the flesh of the domestic asses.  (Book #008, Hadith #3265)

Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) was asked about 'azl, whereupon he said: There is no harm if you do not do that, for it (the birth of the child) is something ordained. muhammad (one of the narrators) said: (The words) La 'alaykum (there is no harm) implies its Prohibition.  (Book #008, Hadith #3376)

Ibn 'Aun reported: I reported to muhammad on the authority of Ibrahim the hadith reported by 'Abd al-Rahmann b. Bishr (the hadith concerning 'azl), where- upon he said: That (hadith) Abd al-Rahman b. Bishr had narrated to me (also).  (Book #008, Hadith #3378)

Ibn Abu Mulaika reported that al-Qasim b. muhammad b. Abu Bakr had narrated to him that 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Sahla bint Suhail b. 'Amr came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Messenger of Allah, Salim (the freed slave of Abu Hudhaifa) is living with us in our house, and he has attained (puberty) as men attain it and has acquired knowledge (of the sex problems) as men acquire, whereupon he said: Suckle him so that he may become unlawful (in regard to marriage) for you He (Ibn Abu Mulaika) said: I refrained from (narrating this hadith) for a year or so on account of fear. I then met al-Qasim and said to him: You narrated to me a hadith which I did not narrate (to anyone) afterwards. He said: What is that? I informed him, whereupon he said: Narrate it on my authority that 'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) had narrated that to me.    (Book #008, Hadith #3426)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Sa'd b. Abu Waqqas and Abd b. Zam'a (Allah be pleased with them) disputed with each other over a young boy. Sa'd said: Messenger of Allah, he is the son of my brother 'Utba b. Abu Waqqas as he made it explicit that he was his son. Look at his resemblance. Abd b. Zam'a said Messenger of Allah, he is my brother as he was born on the bed of my father from his slave-girl. Allah's Messenger (way peace he upon him) looked at his resembl-. ance and found a clear resemblance with 'Utba. (But) he said: He is yours 0 'Abd (b. Zam'a), for the child is to be attributed to one on whose bed it is born, and stoning for a fornicator. Sauda bint Zam'a, O you should observe veil from him. So he did not see Sauda at all. muhammad b. Rumh did not make a mention (of the words):" O Abd."    (Book #008, Hadith #3435)

muhammad (one of the narrators) reported: I asked Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) knowing that he had a knowledge of (the case of li'an). He said: Hilal b. Umayya (Allah be pleased with him) accused his wife with the charge of fornication with Sharik b. Sahma, the brother of al-Bara'b Malik from the side of his mother. And he was the first person who invoked curse (li'an) in Islam. He in fact invoked curse upon her. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: See to her if she gives birth to a white-complexioned child having dark hair and bright eyes; he must be the son of Hilal b. Umayya; and if she gives birth to a child with dark eyelids, curly hair and lean shanks, he must be the offspring of Sharik b. Sahma. He said: I was informed that she gave birth to a child having dark eyelids, curly hair and lean shanks.    (Book #009, Hadith #3566)

muhammad b. Ibrahim said that Abu Salama reported to him that there was between him and his people dispute over a piece of land, and he came to 'A'isha and mentioned that to her, whereupon she said: Abu Salama, abstain from getting this land, for Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who usurps even a span of land would be made to wear around his neck seven earths.   (Book #010, Hadith #3925)

Jabir b. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Whilo I was ill Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came to me and found me unconscious. He (the Holy Prophet) performed ablution, and sprinkled over me the water of his ablution. I regained my consciousness and said: Allah's Messenger, my case of inheritance is that of Kalala. Then the verse pertaining to the inheritance ( of Kalala) was revealed. I (one of the narrators) said: I said to muhammad b. Munkadir: (Do you mean this verse)" They ask you; say: Allah gives you decision in regard to Kalala" (iv. 177)? He said: Yes, it was thus revealed.   (Book #011, Hadith #3935)

A hadith like this is reported on the authority of muhammad son of Fatima (Allah be pleased with her) daughter of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).    (Book #012, Hadith #3956)

Nu'man b. Bashir reported: My father conferred a gift upon me, and then brought me to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to make him a witness (to it). He (the Holy Prophet) said: Have you given such gift to every son of yours (as you have given to Nu'man)? He said: No. Thereupon he (the Holy Prophet) said: Don't you expect goodness from them as you expect from him? He said: Yes. of course. He (the Holy Prophet) said: I am not going to bear witness to it (as it is injustice). Ibn Aun (one of the narrators) said: I narrated this hadith to muhammad (the other narrator) who said: Verily we narrated that lie (the Holy Prophet) had said: Observe equity amongst your children.   (Book #012, Hadith #3970)

) Ibn Umar reported: Umar acquired a land at Khaibar. He came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and sought his advice in regard to it. He said: Allah's Messenger, I have acquired land in Khaibar. I have never acquired property more valuable for me than this, so what do you command me to do with it? Thereupon he (Allah's Apostle) said: If you like, you may keep the corpus intact and give its produce as Sadaqa. So 'Umar gave it as Sadaqa declaring that property must not be sold or inherited or given away as gift. And Umar devoted it to the poor, to the nearest kin, and to the emancipation of slaves, aired in the way of Allah and guests. There is no sin for one, who administers it if he eats something from it in a reasonable manner, or if he feeds his friends and does not hoard up goods (for himself). He (the narrator) said: I narrated this hadith to muhammad, but as I reached the (words)" without hoarding (for himself) out of it." he (muhammad' said:" without storing the property with a view to becoming rich." Ibn 'Aun said: He who read this book (pertaining to Waqf) informed me that in it (the words are)" without storing the property with a view to becoming rich."   (Book #013, Hadith #4006)

Wahb b. Jarir reported: Shu'ba informed that muhammad b. Munkadir said to me: What is your name? The rest of the hadith is the same.   (Book #015, Hadith #4085)

Miswar b. Makhrama reported that 'Umar b. Khattab consulted people about the diyat of abortion of an unboam child. Mughira b. Shu'ba said: I bear witness to the fact that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave judgment about it that a good quality of slave or female slave should be given for it. Thereupon 'Umar said: Bring one who may bear witness to you. Then muhammad b. Maslama bore witness to him. (  Book #016, Hadith #4174)

Sa'd b. Ibrahim reported: I asked Qasim b. muhammad about a person who had three dwelling houses and he willed away the third part of every one of these houses; he (Qasim b. muhammad) said: All of them could be combined in one house; and then said: 'A'isha informed me that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: He who did any act for which there is no sanction from our behalf, that is to be rejected.    (Book #018, Hadith #4267)

Abu muhammad, the freed slave of Abu Qatada reported on the authority of Abu Qatda and narrated the hadith.   (Book #019, Hadith #4339)

It has been narrated on the authority of Jabir that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Who will kill Ka'b b. Ashraf? He has maligned Allah, the Exalted, and His Messenger. muhammad b. Maslama said: Messenger of Allah, do you wish that I should kill him? He said: Yes. He said: Permit me to talk (to him in the way I deem fit). He said: Talk (as you like). So, muhammad b. Maslama came to Ka'b and talked to him, referred to the old friendship between them and said: This man (i. e. the Holy Prophet) has made up his mind to collect charity (from us) and this has put us to a great hardship. When be heard this, Ka'b said: By God, you will be put to more trouble by him. muhammad b. Maslama said: No doubt, now we have become his followers and we do not like to forsake him until we see what turn his affairs will take. I want that you should give me a loan. He said: What will you mortgage? He said: What do you want? He said: Pledge me your women. He said: You are the most handsome of the Arabs; should we pledge our women to you? He said: Pledge me your children. He said: The son of one of us may abuse us saying that he was pledged for two wasqs of dates, but we can pledge you (cur) weapons. He said: All right. Then muhammad b. Maslama promised that he would come to him with Harith, Abu 'Abs b. Jabr and Abbad b. Bishr. So they came and called upon him at night. He came down to them. Sufyan says that all the narrators except 'Amr have stated that his wife said: I hear a voice which sounds like the voice of murder. He said: It is only muhammad b. Maslama and his foster-brother, Abu Na'ila. When a gentleman is called at night even it to be pierced with a spear, he should respond to the call. muhammad said to his companions: As he comes down, I will extend my hands towards his head and when I hold him fast, you should do your job. So when he came down and he was holding his cloak under his arm, they said to him: We sense from you a very fine smell. He said: Yes, I have with me a mistress who is the most scented of the women of Arabia. He said: Allow me to smell (the scent on your head). He said: Yes, you may smell. So he caught it and smelt. Then he said: Allow me to do so (once again). He then held his head fast and said to his companions: Do your job. And they killed him.  (Book #019, Hadith #4436)

It has been reported on the authority of Abd al-Rahman b. Shumasa who said: I came to A'isha to inquire something from her. She said: From which people art thou? I said: I am from the people of Egypt. She said: What was the behaviour of your governor towards you in this war of yours? I said: We did not experience anything bad from him. If the camel of a man from us died, he would bestow on him a camel. If any one of us lost his slave, he would give him a slave. If anybody was in need of the basic necessities of life, he would provide them with provisions. She said: Behold! the treatment that was meted out to my brother, muhammad b. Abu Bakr, does not prevent me from telling you what I heard from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). He said in this house of mine: O God, who (happens to) acquire some kind of control over the affairs of my people and is hard upon them-be Thou hard upon him, and who (happens to) acquire some kind of control over the affairs of my people and is kind to them-be Thou kind to him.   (Book #020, Hadith #4494)

A'isha, the wife of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), reported that she had hung a curtain which had pictures upon it. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) entered (the room) and he pulled it. A'isha said: I then tore it and prepared two cushions out of that. A person who was then in that company and whose name was Rabi'a b. 'Ata, the freed slave of Banu Zuhra, asked: Did you hear Abu Mabammad making a mention of A'isha having stated that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to recline upon them? lbn al-Qasim said: No, but I heard Qasim b. muhammad saying so.   (Book #024, Hadith #5265)

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of 'Umar b. Nafi' with the same chain of transmitters and muhammad b. Muthanna as well as 'Umar b. Nafi have given the same exposition (of the word Qaza') in their narration.   (Book #024, Hadith #5291)

Jabir b. 'Abdullah reported that a child was born to a perfon amongst us and he gave him the name of muhammad. Thereupon his people said: We will not allow You to give the name of muhammad (to your child) after the name of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). He set forth with his son carrying him on his back and came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him', and said: Allah's Messenger a son has been born to me and I havegiven him the name after the name of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), whereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Give him my name but do not give him my kunya, for I am Qasim in the sense that I distribute (the spoils of war) and the dues of Zakat amongst you.   (Book #025, Hadith #5316)

muhammad b. 'Amr b. 'Ata' reported: I had given the name Barra to my daughter. Zainab, daughter of Abu Salama, told me that Allah's' Messenger (may peace be upon him) had forbidden me to give this name. (She said): I was also called Barra, but Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Don't hold yourself to be pious. It is God alone who knows the people of piety among you. They (the Companions) said: Then, what name should we give to her? He said: Name her as Zainab.    (Book #025, Hadith #5337)

'Umar b. muhammad b. Zaid reported that he heard his father narrating from Ibn 'Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) had said. If bad luck is a fact, then it is in the horse, the woman and the house.
      (Book #026, Hadith #5526)

muhammad b. Sirin reported from Abu Huraira a hadith from Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and he mentioned in his hadith his words:" I dislike shackles," up to the end of his statement, but he made no mention of this:" A vision is a forty-sixth part of Prophecy."   (Book #029, Hadith #5624)

Thaubin reported this hadith pertaining to the Cistern. muhammad b. Bashshar said: I said to Yahya b. Hammad: This is the hadith that I heard from Abu 'Awana and he said: I also heard it from Shu'ba. I said: Narrate that to me and he narrated that to me.   (Book #030, Hadith #5703)

muhammad b. Sirin reported: I asked Anas b. Malik whether Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) dyed his hair. He said: He had but little white hair.   (Book #030, Hadith #5781)

Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I am muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Mahi (the obliterator) by whom unbelief would be obliterated, and I am Hashir (the gatherer) at whose feet mankind will be gathered, and I am 'Aqib (the last to come) after whom there will be no Prophet.  (Book #030, Hadith #5810)

muhammad b. Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that a woman asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about something but lit, told her to come to him on some other occasion, whereupon she said: What in your opinion (should I do) if I come to you but do not find you, and it seemed as if she meant that he might die. Thereupon he said: If you do not find me, then come to Abu Bakr. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Jubair b. Mut'im through another chain of transmitters (and the words are) that a woman came to Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and discussed with him something and he gave a command as we find in the above-mentioned narration.   (Book #031, Hadith #5878)

Salim b. 'Abdullah reported on the authority of his father: We were in the habit of calling Zaid b. Harith as Zaid b. muhammaduntil it was revealed in the Qur'an:" Call them by the names of their fathers. This is more equitable with Allah" (This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Qutaiba b. Sa'd)   (Book #031, Hadith #5956)

'Ali b. Husain reported that Miswar b. Makhramah informed him that 'Ali b. Abi Talib sent the proposal of marriage to the daughter of Abu Jahl as he had Fatima, the daughter of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), (as his wife). When Fatima heard about it, she came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: The people say that you never feel angry on account of your daughters and now 'Ali is going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahl. Makhramah said: Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) rose up and I heard him reciting Tashahhud and say: Now to the point. I gave a daughter of mine (Zainab) to Abu'l-'As b. Rabi, and he spoke to me and spoke the truth. Verily Fatima, the daughter of muhammad, is a part of me and I do not approve that she may be put to any trial and by Allah, the daughter of Allah's Messenger cannot be combined with the daughter of God's enemy (as the co-wives) of one person. Thereupon 'Ali gave up (the idea of his intended) marriage. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Zuhri with the same chain of transmitters.   (Book #031, Hadith #6002)

Ibrahim b. muhammad b. Talha reported: I heard Abu Sa'ld delivering an address in the presence of Abu 'Utba that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: The worthiest settlements of the Ansar are those of Banu Najjar, then of Banu 'Abu al-Ashhal and then of Banu Harith and then of Banu Khazraj and then of the clan of Banu Sa'idah, and if I were to give preference to anyone besides them I would have given preference to my relatives.   (Book #031, Hadith #6107)

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Ibn Shubruma   with the same chain of transmitters and the hadith transmitted on the authority of Wuhaib there is a slight variation of wording. Same is the case with the hadith transmitted on the authority of muhammad b. Talha (and the words are):" Who amongst the people deserves the best treatment from me".  (Book #032, Hadith #6183)

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of muhammadb. ja'far through another chain of transmitters.  (Book #035, Hadith #6559)

Abdullah b. K'ab, who was his (Ka'b's) guide as he became blind, reported that he heard from Ka'b b. Malik the story of his staying behind Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) from the expedition of Tabuk. The rest of the hadith is the same (but with this variation) that in the narration transmitted on the authority of Yunus (the words are): When Allah's Messenger (may. peace be upon him) intended to set on an expedition he kept It as a secret, but. be did not do so in thic. expedition. And in the narration transmitted on the authority of muhammad b. Abdullah b. Muslim, there is no mention of Abu Khaithana (Allah be pleased with him) and no mention of his meeting with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him).  (Book #037, Hadith #6671)

Abdullah b. Mas'ud reported that a Jew scholar came to Allah's Apostle (may peace he upon him) and said. muhammad, or Abu al-Qasim, verify, Allah, the Exalted and Glorious. would carry the Heavens on the Day of Judgment upon one finger and earths upon one finger and the mountains and trees upor one finger and the ocean and moist earth upon one finger-in fact the whole of the creation upon one finger, and then He would stir them and say: I am your Lord, I am your Lord. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) smiled testifying what that scholar had said. He then recited this verse:" And they honour not Allah with the honour due to Him; and the whole earth will be in His grip on the Day of Resurrection and the heaven* r*Utd up in His right hand. Glory be to Him I and highly Exalted is Re above what they associate (with Him)" (xxxix. 67).  (Book #039, Hadith #6699)

Umar b. muhammad b. Zaid b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar b. al-Khattab reported on the authority of his father Abdullah b. Umar that Allah's Messenger (may peace big upon him) said: When the inmates of Paradise would go to Paradise and the inmates of Hell would go to Hell, death would be called and it would be placed between the Paradise and the Hell and then slaughtered and then the announcer would announce: 0 inmates of Paradise, no death 0 Inmates of Hell-Fire, no death. And it would in. crease the delight of the inmates of Paradise and it would increase the grief of the inmates of Hell-Fire.  (Book #040, Hadith #6830)

'muhammad b. Munkadir reported: As I saw Jabir b. 'Abdullah taking an oath in the name of Allah that it was Ibn Sa'id who was the Dajjal I said: Do you take an oath in the name of Allah? Thereupon he said: I heard 'Umar taking an oath in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) to this effect but Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) did not disapprove of it.  (Book #041, Hadith #6999)

Ya'qub b. 'Asim b. Urwa b.  Mas'ud reported: I heard a person saying to 'Abdullah b. Amr: You say that the Last Hour would come at such and such time, whereupon he said: I had made up my mind that I would not narrate anything to you. I only said: But you would soon see after some time a very significant affair, for example the burning of the House (Ka'ba). Shu'ba said like this and 'Abdullah b Amr reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) having said: The Dajjal would appear in my Ummah. And in another hadith (the words are): None would survive who would have even a speck of faith in his heart, but he would be dead. muhammad b. ja'far reported that Shu'ba narrated to him this hadith many a time and I also read it out to him many a time.  (Book #041, Hadith #7024)

well  i have to edit that post to make it readable and i will

Reply #14 - May 06, 2018, 07:35 PM

Now let  me put here the Hadith    from  that Malik's Muwatta which compliments the other above  two  posts  

Yahya related to me from Malik from Rabia ibn Abi Abd ar-Rahman that al Qasim ibn muhammad said, "None of the companions that I met prayed dhuhr until well after noon,"(i.e.until when the sun had lost its fierceness).  (Book #1, Hadith #1.1.12)                              

Malik related to us from Abdullah ibn Yazid the mawla of al-Aswad ibn Sufyan, from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman from muhammadibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Thawban from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "When the heat is fierce delay the prayer until it gets cooler, for scorching heat is a part of the blast of Jahannam." He added, "The Fire complained to its Lord, so He allowed it two breaths in each year, a breath in winter and a breath in summer."  (Book #1, Hadith #1.7.28)      

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn muhammad ibn Talhafrom Uthman ibn Abd ar-Rahman that his father related to him that he had heard that Umar ibn al-Khattab used to wash what was beneath his waist wrapper with water.  (Book #2, Hadith #2.1.6)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn alHarith at-Taymi from Yahya ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Hatib that Umar ibn al-Khattab set out on one occasion with a party of riders, one of whom was Amr ibn al-As. They came to a watering place and Amr ibn al-As asked the man who owned it whether wild beasts drank from it. Umar ibn al-Khattab told the owner of the watering place not to answer, since the people drank after the wild beasts and the wild beasts drank after them.  (Book #2, Hadith #2.3.14)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Umara from muhammad ibn Ibrahim that the mother of the son of Ibrahim ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf questioned Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said, "I am a woman who wears a long skirt and (sometimes) I walk in dirty places." Umm Salama replied, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'What follows (i.e. clean places) purifies it.' "  (Book #2, Hadith #2.4.16)

Yahya related to me from Malik that both muhammad ibn al-Munkadir and Safwan ibn Sulaym transmitted to him from muhammadibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Rabia ibn Abdullah ibn al-Hudayr that he had eaten an evening meal with Umar ibn al-Khattab who then prayed without doing wudu.  (Book #2, Hadith #2.5.21)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn al-Munkadir that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was invited to eat, and some bread and meat was brought to him. He ate some of it, and then did wudu and prayed. Then more of the same food was brought and he ate some more and then prayed without doing wudu.  (Book #2, Hadith #2.5.26)    

Yahya related to me from Malik that Abdullah ibn Abi Bakr ibn muhammad ibn Amr ibn Hazim heard Urwa ibn az-Zubayr saying, "I went to see Marwan ibn al-Hakam and we talked about what you had to do wudu for, and Marwan said, 'You have to do wudu if you touch your penis.' Urwa said, 'I didn't know that.' Marwan ibn al-Hakam said that Busra bint Safwan had told him that she heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'If any of you touches his penis he should do wudu.' "  (Book #2, Hadith #2.16.60)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ismail ibn muhammad ibn Sad ibn Abi Waqqas that Musab ibn Sad ibn Abi Waqqas said, "I was holding the Book for Sad ibn Abi Waqqas and I rubbed myself. Sad said, 'Did you touch your penis?' I replied, 'Yes,' and he said, 'Get up and do wudu.' So I got up and did wudu and then returned."  (Book #2, Hadith #2.16.61)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ibn Shihab from muhammad ibn Jubayr ibn Mutim that his father said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, recite at-Tur (Sura 52) in the maghrib prayer."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.6.24)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al Harith at-Taymi from Abu Hazim at-Tammar from al Bayadi that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came out to the people while they were praying and their voices were raised in the recitation. He said, "When you pray you are talking confidentially to your Lord. So look to what you confide to Him, and do not say the Qur'an out loud so that others hear it."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.7.30)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said and Rabia ibn Abi Abd arRahman from al-Qasim ibn muhammad that al Furafisa ibn Umayral-Hanafi said, "I only learnt Sura Yusuf (Sura 12) from the recitation of it by Uthman ibn Affan in the subh prayer because of the great number of times he repeated it to us."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.8.37)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said and from Rabia ibn Abi Abd ar Rahman that al-Qasim ibn muhammad used to recite behind the imam when the imam did not recite aloud.  (Book #3, Hadith #3.10.43)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that al-Qasim ibn muhammad showed them how to sit in the tashahhud, and he kept his right foot vertical and laid his left foot down, and sat on his left haunch not on his foot. Then he said, "Abdullah ibn Abdullah ibn Umar saw me doing this and related to me that his father used to do the same thing."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.13.55)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said al-Ansari that al-Qasim ibn muhammad ibn muhammad told him that A'isha, the wife of the prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to say in the tashahhud, "Greetings, good words, prayers, pure actions belong to Allah. I testify that there is no god except Allah, alone without partner, and I testify that muhammad is the slave of Allah and His Messenger. Peace be upon you, Prophet, and the mercy of Allah and His blessings. Peace be upon us and on the slaves of Allah who are salihun . Peace be upon you . " "At-tahiyatu, at-tayibatu, as-salawatu, az-zakiyatu lillah. Ash-hadu an la ilaha illa'llah, wahdahu la sharika llah wa ash-hadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu. As-salamu alayka ayyuha-n-nabiyyu wa rahmatu-llahi wa barakatuhu. As-salamu alayna wa ala ibadi-llahi's-salihin. As-salamu alaykum."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.14.59)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Amr ibn AIqama from Malik ibn Abdullah as-Sadi that Abu Hurayra said, "The one who raises his head and lowers it before the imam - his forelock is in the hand of a shaytan." Malik said, concerning someone who forgot and raised his head before the imam in ruku or sujud, "The sunna of that is to return to bowing or prostrating and not to wait for the imam to come up. What he has done is a mistake, because the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The imam is appointed to be followed as a leader, so do not oppose him.' Abu Hurayra said, 'The one who raises his head and lowers it before the imam - his forelock is in the hand of a shaytan.' "  (Book #3, Hadith #3.15.61)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ayyub ibn Abi Tamima as-Sakhtayani from muhammad ibn Sirin from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, finished the prayer after two rakas and Dhu'l-Yadayn said to him, "Has the prayer been shortened or have you forgotten, Messenger of Allah?" The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Has Dhu'l-Yadayn spoken the truth?" The people said, "Yes," and the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, stood and prayed the other two rakas and then said, "Peace be upon you." Then he said, "Allah is greater" and went into a sadja as long as his usual prostrations or longer. Then he came up and said, "Allah is greater" and went into a sajda as long as his usual prostrations or longer and then came up.  (Book #3, Hadith #3.16.62)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Umar ibn muhammad ibn Zayd from Salim ibn Abdullah that Abdullah ibn Umar used to say, "If you are uncertain in the prayer, estimate what you think you have forgotten of the prayer and repeat it, then do the two sajdas of forgetfulness from the sitting position."  (Book #3, Hadith #3.17.67)

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that a man questioned al-Qasim ibn muhammad saying, "My imagination works in the prayer, and it happens to me a lot." Al-Qasim ibn muhammadsaid, "Go on with your prayer, for it will not goaway from you until you goaway saying, 'I have not completed my prayer.' " (Book #4, Hadith #4.1.3)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yazid ibn Abdullah ibn al-Had from muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf that Abu Hurayra said, "I went out to at-Tur (Mount Sinai) and met Kab al Ahbar and sat with him. He related to me things from the Tawrah and I related to him things from the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. Among the things I related to him was that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, 'The best of days on which the sun rises is the day of jumua. In it Adam was created, and in it he fell from the Garden. In it he was forgiven, and in it he died. In it the Hour occurs, and every moving thing listens from morning till sunset in apprehension of the Hour except jinn and men. In it is a time when Allah gives toa muslim slave standing in prayer whatever he asks for.' Kab said, 'That is one day in every year.' I said, 'No, in every jumua.' Then Kab recited the Tawrah and said, 'The Messenger of Allah has spoken the truth.' " Abu Hurayra continued, "I met Basra ibn Abi Basra al-Ghiffari and he said, 'Where have you come from?' I said, 'From at-Tur.' He said, 'If I had seen you before you left, you would not have gone. I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Only make a special journey to three mosques: the mosque of the Haram (Makka), this mosque (Madina), and the mosque of Ilya or the Bait al-Maqdis (two names of Jerusalem)." ' " (He was not sure which expression was used.) Abu Hurayra continued, "Then I met Abdullah ibn Salam and I told him that I had sat with Kabal-Ahbar, and I mentioned what I had related to him about the day of jumua, and told him that Kab had said, 'That is one day in every year.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab lied,' and I added, 'Kab then recited the Tawrah and said, "No, it is in every jumua.'' ' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'Kab spoke the truth. 'Then Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'I know what time that is.' " Abu Hurayra continued, "I said to him, 'Let me know it - don't keep it from me.' Abdullah ibn Salam said, 'It is the last period of time in the dayof jumua.' " Abu Hurayra continued, "I said, 'How can it be the last period of time in the day of jumua, when the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "a muslim slave standing in prayer", and that is a time when there is no prayer?' Abdullah ibn Salam replied, 'Didn't the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "Whoever sits waiting for the prayer is in prayer until he prays?" "' Abu Hurayra added, "I said, 'Of course.' He said, 'Then it is that.' "  (Book #5, Hadith #5.7.17)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Jafar ibn muhammad from his father that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, gave two khutbas on the day of jumua and sat down between them. (Book #5, Hadith #5.9.23)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Yusuf that as-Sa'ib ibn Yazid said, "Umar ibn al-Khattab ordered Ubayy ibn Kab and Tamim ad-Dari to watch the night in prayer with the people for eleven rakas.The reciterof the Qur'an would recite the Mi'in (a group of medium-sized suras) until we would be leaning on our staffs from having stood so long in prayer. And we would not leave until the approach of dawn."  (Book #6, Hadith #6.2.4)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn al-Munkadir from Said ibn al-Jubayr that a man who has approval (as a relater of hadith), told him that A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If a man prays in the night and sleep overcomes him during it, Allah writes for him the reward of his prayer, and his sleep is sadaqa for him."  (Book #7, Hadith #7.1.1)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban from Ibn Muhayriz that a man from the Kinana tribe called al-Mukhdaji heard a man in Syria known as Abu muhammad saying, "The witr is obligatory (fard)." Al-Mukhdaji said, "I went to Ubada ibn as-Samit and presented myself to him as he was going to the mosque, and told him what Abu muhammadhad said. Ubada said that Abu muhammad had lied and that he had heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Allah the Majestic and Mighty has written five prayers for mankind, and whoever does them and does not waste anything of them by making light of what is due to them, there is a pact for him with Allah that He will admit him into the Garden.Whoever does not do them, there is no pact for him with Allah. If He wishes, He punishes him, and if He wishes, He admits him into the Garden.' "  (Book #7, Hadith #7.3.14)                  

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that Abdullah ibn Abbas and Ubada ibn as-Samit and al-Qasim ibn muhammad and Abdullah ibn Amir ibn Rabia had all prayed witr after the break of dawn.
     (Book #7, Hadith #7.3.24)

Malik related to me that Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Qasim heard his father al-Qasim ibn muhammad say, "I have prayed witr after dawn." Malik said, "Only a person who oversleeps so that he does not do the witr prays it after dawn. No one should intentionally make his witr after dawn."  (Book #7, Hadith #7.3.28)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Qasim that al-Qasim ibn muhammad had done the same as Ibn Umar. (Book #7, Hadith #7.4.33)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Ibrahim that Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abi Amra al-Ansari said that Uthman ibn Affan came to the isha prayer and seeing only a few people in the mosque, he lay down at the back of the mosque to wait for the number of people to increase. Ibn Abi Amra went and sat down beside him and Uthman asked him who he was, so he told him. Uthman said, "What have you memorised of the Qur'an?", and he told him. Uthman said, "If someone is present at isha, it is as if he had stood in prayer for half a night, and if some one is present at subh, it is as if he had stood in prayer for a whole night.   (Book #8, Hadith #8.2.Cool

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ismail ibn muhammad ibn Said ibn Abi Waqqas from a mawla of Amr ibn al-As or of Abdullah ibn Amr ibn al-As that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The prayer of one of you sitting down is only equal to half the prayer of one of you when he is standing."  (Book #8, Hadith #8.6.20)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Rabia ibn Abi Abd ar-Rahman that muhammad ibn Amr ibn Hazm used to pray in a single long shirt.  (Book #8, Hadith #8.9.34)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Zayd ibn Qunfudh that his mother asked Umm Salama, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, "What clothes can a woman wear in prayer?" She said, "She can pray in a shift that reaches down and covers the top of her feet."  (Book #8, Hadith #8.10.37)

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that al-Qasim ibn muhammad and Urwa ibn az-Zubayr and Abu Bakr ibn Abd ar Rahman used to pray nawafil when travelling. Yahya said that Malik was asked about voluntary prayers when travelling and he said, "There is no harm in them, either at night or during the day. I have heard that some of the people of knowledge used to do that."  (Book #9, Hadith #9.7.25)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abdullah ibn Abi Bakr ibn Hazim from his father that Amr ibn Sulaym az-Zuraqi said, "Abu Humayd as-Saidi told me that they asked the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, how they were to ask for blessings upon him and he replied that they should say, 'O Allah, bless muhammad and his wives and his descendants asYou blessed the family of Ibrahim, and give baraka to muhammad and his wives and his descendants as You gave baraka to the family of Ibrahim. You are worthy of Praise and Glorious.'" Allahumma salli ala muhammadwa azwajihi wa alihi kama sallaita ala ali Ibrahim, wa barakaala muhammad wa azwajihi wa alihi kama baraktaalaali Ibrahim, innaka Hamidu'm - Majid.  (Book #9, Hadith #9.22.69)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Nuaym ibn Abdullah al-Mujmirthat muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Zayd told him that Abu Masud al Ansari said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to us at the gathering of Sad ibn Ubada. Bashir ibn Sad said to him, 'Allah has ordered us to ask for blessings on you, Messenger of Allah. How should we do it?' The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, remained silent until we wished we had not asked him. Then he told us to say, 'O Allah, bless muhammad and the family of muhammad as You blessed Ibrahim, and give baraka to muhammad and the family of muhammad as You gave baraka to the family of Ibrahim. In all the worlds You are worthy of Praise and Glorious,' and then give the taslim as you have learnt." Allahumma salli ala muhammad wa ali muhammad kama sallaita Ibrahim, wa baraka ala muhammad wa ali muhammad kama baraktaala ali Ibrahim. Fi'l alamin, innaka Hamidu'm - Majid.  (Book #9, Hadith #9.22.70)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban that his paternal uncle Wasi ibn Habban said, "I was praying, and Abdullah ibn Umar was resting his back on the wall of the qibla. When I had finished the prayer I turned towards him on my left hand side. Abdullah ibn Umar said, 'What stopped you from turning away to your right?' I replied, 'I saw you and turned towards you.' Abdullah said, 'You have spoken correctly. People say that you should turn away to your right, but when you pray, you can turn whichever way you wish. If you like, to your right, and if you like, to your left.' "  (Book #9, Hadith #9.23.81)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from al-Qasim ibn muhammad from Salih ibn Khawwat that Sahl ibn Abi Hathma related to him that the form of the prayer of fear was that the imam stood with a group of his companions, while another group faced the enemy. The imam prayed one raka with them, including the prostration, and then stood. He remained standing while they completed the remaining raka by themselves. They then said the taslim, left, and formed up opposite the enemy while the imam remained standing. Then the others who had not prayed came forward and said the takbir behind the imam and he prayed one raka with them, including the prostration. He then said the taslim, while they stood up and prayed the remaining raka by themselves. Then they said the taslim.  (Book #11, Hadith #11.1.2)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that Said ibn al-Musayyab said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, did not pray dhuhr and asr on the day of the Trench until after the sun had set." Malik said, "The hadith of al-Qasim ibn muhammad from Salih ibn Khawwat is the one I like most out of what I have heard about the fear prayer." (Book #11, Hadith #11.1.4)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban from his paternal uncle, Wasi ibn Habban, that Abdullah ibn Umar said, "People say, 'When you sit to relieve yourself, do not face the qibla or the Bayt al-Maqdis.' " Abdullah continued, "I went upon top of a house of ours and saw the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, (squatting) on two unfired bricks facing the Bayt al-Maqdis, relieving himself." Ibn Umar added, "Perhaps you are one of those who pray folded on their haunches." Wasi replied, "I don't know, by Allah!" Malik said that he meant som one who, when he prostrated, kept his body close to the ground.  (Book #14, Hadith #14.2.3)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ayyub ibn Abi Tamima as-Sakhtayani from muhammad ibn Sirin that Umar ibn al-Khattab was with some people who were reciting Qur'an. He went to relieve himself and then came back and recited Qur'an. One of the men said to him, "Amir al muminin, are you reciting the Qur'an without being in wudu?" Umar replied, "Who gave you a verdict on this? Was it Musaylima?"'  (Book #15, Hadith #15.2.2)

Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said, "Once muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban and I were sitting down, and muhammad called a man over to him and said to him, 'Tell me what you have heard from your father.' The man replied that his father had told him that he went to Zayd ibn Thabit and asked him, 'What do you think of reciting the whole Qur'an in seven days?' Zayd said, 'That's good, but I prefer to recite it in two weeks, or ten days. Ask me why that is.' He said, 'I ask you then.' Zayd said, 'So that I can reflect on it and pause in it.' "  (Book #15, Hadith #15.3.4)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar Rahman that Abu Said said that he had heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, "A group of people will appear among you whose prayer, fasting and deeds will make you think little of your own prayer, fasting and deeds. They will recite the Qur'an, but it wil not get past their throats, and they will pass through the deen like an arrow passes through game. You look at the arrowhead, and you see nothing, and you look at the shaft, and you see nothing, and you look at the flights, and you see nothing. And you are in doubt about the notch."  (Book #15, Hadith #15.4.10)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi that A'isha, umm al-muminin said, "I was sleeping by the side of the Messenger of Allah, mayAllah bless him and grant him peace, and I missed him in the night, so I felt for him with my hand and I put my hand on his feet and he was in sajda saying, 'I seek refuge in Your pleasure from Your wrath, and in Your pardon from Your punishment, and in You from You. I cannot enumerate Your praises as You praise Yourself.' " Audhu bi ridaka min sakhatika, wa bi muafatika min uqubatika wa bika minka, la uhsiy thana'an alayka, anta kama athnayta ala nafsika.  (Book #15, Hadith #15.8.31)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban from al Araj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade prayer after asr until the sun had set, and prayer after subh until the sun had risen.  (Book #15, Hadith #15.10.48)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Jafar ibn muhammad from his father that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was washed in a long shirt.  (Book #16, Hadith #16.1.1)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Ayyub ibn Abi Tamima as-Sakhtayani from muhammad ibn Sirin that Umm Atiyya al-Ansariyya said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, came to us when his daughter died and said, 'Wash her three times, or five, or more than that if you think it necessary, with water and lotus leaves, and at the end put on some camphor, or a little camphor, and when you have finished let me know.' When we finished we told him, and he gave us his waist-wrapper and said, 'Shroud her with this.' "  (Book #16, Hadith #16.1.2)

Yahya related to me from muhammad ibn alMunkadir that Rabia ibn Abdullah ibn alHadir told him that he had seen Umar ibn al-Khattab leading people in front of the bier at the funeral of Zaynab bint Jahsh.  (Book #16, Hadith #16.3.9)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Abi Harmala, the mawla of Abd ar-Rahman ibn Abi Sufyan ibn Huwaytib, that Zaynab bint Abi Salama died during the time that Tariq was amir of Madina and her bier was brought out after subh and put in al-Baqi. He said that Tariq used to pray subh right at the beginning of its time. He added, "I heard Abdullah ibn Umar say to the family, 'You can either pray over your dead now or you can wait until the sun comes up.' "  (Book #16, Hadith #16.7.20)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Abi Bakr ibn Amr ibn Hazm from his father from Abu'n-Nadr as-Salami that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "If three of a muslim's children die, and he remains content with that, they will be a protection for him from the Fire." A woman who was with the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Or two, Messengerof Allah?", and he said, "Or two."  (Book #16, Hadith #16.13.39)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Qasim ibn muhammad ibn Abi Bakr that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Let the misfortune that befalls me be a comfort to the muslims in their misfortunes."  (Book #16, Hadith #16.14.41)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that al-Qasim ibn muhammad said, "One of my wives died and muhammadibn Kab al Quradhi came to console me about her. He told me of one among the Bani Israil who was a diligent, worshipping, knowing and understanding man who had a wife that he admired and loved, and she died. He grieved over her intensely and lamented her until he withdrew into a house and locked himself in, hidden from everyone, and no-one visited him. A woman heard about him and went to him, saying, 'I need him to give me an opinion. Nothing will satisfy me except what he says about it.' Everyone went away, but she stuck to his door and said, 'I must see him.' Someone said to him, 'There is a woman who wishes to ask your opinion about something,' and she insisted, 'I will only talk to him about it.' When everyone had gone away, and she still had not left his door, he said, 'Let her in.' So she went in and saw him and said, 'I have come to ask your opinion about something.' He said, 'What is it?' She said, 'I borrowed a piece of jewellery from a neighbour of mine, and I have worn it and used it for a long time. Then they sent to me for it. Should I let them have it back?' He said, 'Yes, by Allah.' She said, 'I have had it for a long time.' He said, 'It is more correct for you to return it to them, since they have lent it to you for such a long time.' She said, 'Yes. May Allah have mercy on you. Do you then grieve over what Allah has lent you and then taken from you, when He has a greater right to it than you?' Then he saw the situation he was in, and Allah helped him by her words."  (Book #16, Hadith #16.14.43)

Yahya related to me from Malik that Abu'r-Rijal muhammad ibn Abd ar-Rahman heard his mother Amra bint Abd ar-Rahman say, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, cursed both men and women who dug up," meaning those who dug up graves.  (Book #16, Hadith #16.15.44)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Amr ibn Halhalaad-Dili from Mabad ibn Kab ibn Malik that Abu Qatada ibn Ribi used to relate that a funeral procession passed by the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and he said, "One is relieved and another others are relieved from." They said, "Who is the one relieved and the one from whom others are relieved?" He said, "A slave who is mumin is the one who is relieved from the exhaustion and suffering of this world to the mercy of Allah, and a wrong-acting slave is the one from whom people, towns, trees and animals are relieved."  (Book #16, Hadith #16.16.55)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abd arRahman ibn Abi Sasaca al-Ansari from al-Mazini from his father from Abu Said al-Khudri that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "There is no zakat on less than five awsuq of dates, there is no zakat on less than five awaq of silver and there is no zakat on less than five camels."  (Book #17, Hadith #17.1.2)

Yahya related to me from Malik that muhammad ibn Uqba, the mawla of az Zubayr, asked al-Qasim ibn muhammad whether he had to pay any zakat on a large sum given to him by his slave to buy his freedom. Al-Qasim said, "Abu Bakr as-Siddiq did not take zakat from anyone's property until it had been in his possession for a year." Al-Qasim ibn muhammad continued, "When Abu Bakr gave men their allowances he would ask them, 'Do you have any property on which zakat is due?' If they said, 'Yes,' he would take the zakat on that property out of their allowances. If they said, 'No,' he would hand over their allowances to them without deducting anything from them."  (Book #17, Hadith #17.2.4)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban from al-Qasim ibn muhammad that A'isha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Sheep from the zakat were brought past Umar ibn al-Khattab and he saw amongst them a sheep with a large udder, ready to give milk, and he said, 'What is this sheep doing here?' and they replied, 'It is one of the sheep from the zakat.' Umar said, 'The owners did not give this sheep willingly. Do not subject people to trials. Do not take from the muslims those of their animals which are the best food-producers.' "  (Book #17, Hadith #17.16.28)    

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said that muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban said, "Two men from the Ashja tribe told me that muhammad ibn Maslama al-Ansari used tocome to them to collect their zakat, and he would say to anyone who owned livestock, 'Select (the animal for) the zakat on your livestock and bring it to me,' and he would accept any sheep that was brought to him provided it met the requirements of what the man owed." Malik said, "The sunna with us, and what I have seen the people of knowledge doing in our city, is that things are not made difficult for the muslims in their paying zakat, and whatever they offer of their livestock is accepted from them."  (Book #17, Hadith #17.16.29)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Jafar ibn muhammad ibn Ali from his father that Umar ibn al-Khattab mentioned the magians and said, "I do not know what to do about them." Abd ar-Rahman ibn Awf said, "I bear witness that I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Follow the same sunna with them that you follow with the people of the Book . ' "  (Book #17, Hadith #17.24.43)                            

Yahya related to me from Malik from Sumayy, the mawla of Abu Bakr ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham that he heard Abu Bakr ibn Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Harith ibn Hisham say, "My father and I were with Marwan ibn al Hakam at the time when he was amir of Madina, and someone mentioned to him that Abu Hurayra used to say, 'If someone begins the morning junub, he has broken the fast for that day.' Marwan said, 'I swear to you, Abdar-Rahman, you must go to the two umm al muminin, A'isha and Umm Salama, and ask them about it.' ''Abd ar-Rahman went to visit A'isha and I accompanied him. He greeted her and then said, 'Umm al-muminin, we were with Marwan ibn al Hakam and someone mentioned to him that Abu Hurayra used to say that if some one had begun the morning junub, he had broken the fast for that day.' A'isha said, 'It is not as Abu Hurayra says Abd ar-Rahman. Do you dislike what the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to do?', and Abd ar-Rahman said, 'No, by Allah.' A'isha said, 'I bear witness that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to get up in the morning junub from intercourse, not a dream, and would then fast for that day.' " He continued, "Then we went and visited Umm Salama, and Abd ar-Rahman asked her about the same matter and she said the same as A'isha had said. Then we went off until we came to Marwan ibn al-Hakam Abd ar-Rahman told him what they had both said and Marwan said, 'I swear to you, Abu muhammad, you must use the mount which is at the door, and go to Abu Hurayra, who is on his land at al Aqiq, and tell him this.' So Abd ar-Rahman rode off, and I went with him, until we came to Abu Hurayra. Abd ar-Rahman talked with him for a while, and then mentioned the matter to him, and Abu Hurayra said, 'I don't know anything about it. I was just told that by someone.'"  (Book #18, Hadith #18.4.11)

Yahya related to me from Malik from muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban from alAraj from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, forbade fasting on two days, the day of Fitr and the day of Adha.  (Book #18, Hadith #18.12.36)

Yahya related to me from Malik that he had heard that al-Qasim ibn muhammad and Nafi, the mawla of Abdullah ibn Umar said, "You cannot do itikaf unless you are fasting, because of what Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, says in His Book, 'And eat and drink until the white thread becomes clear to you from the black thread of dawn, then complete the fast until night-time, and do not have intercourse with them while you are doing itikaf in mosques,' (Sura 2 ayat 187). Allah only mentions itikaf together with fasting." Malik said, "That is what we go by here."  (Book #19, Hadith #19.2.4)

Yahya related to me from Malik from Yazid ibn Abdullah ibn al-Hadi from muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Harith at-Taymi from Abu Salama ibn Abd ar-Rahman that Abu Said al-Khudri said, "The Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to do itikaf in the middle ten days of Ramadan. One year he was doing itikaf and then, when it came to the night of the twenty-first, which was the night  (Book #61, Hadith #61.1.1)    

well as usual  let me read that post   and edit it

Reply #15 - May 07, 2018, 01:19 PM

So  the next  popular  hadith that often used by  Islamic intellectuals   allover the globe comes form Sunan Abu-Dawud. and  here  are the selective hadith sayings from  Sunan Abu-Dawud.            

Narrated Abdullah ibn Hanzalah ibn AbuAmir: muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban asked Abdullah ibn Abdullah ibn Umar about the reason for Ibn Umar's performing ablution for every prayer, whether he was with or without ablution. He replied: Asma', daughter of Zayd ibn al-Khattab, reported to me that Abdullah ibn Hanzalah ibn AbuAmir narrated to her that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) was earlier commanded to perform ablution for every prayer whether or not he was with ablution. When it became a burden for him, he was ordered to use tooth-stick for every prayer. As Ibn Umar thought that he had the strength (to perform the ablution for every prayer), he did not give up performing ablution for every prayer.  (Book #1, Hadith #0048)                                                                                                                                    

Narrated Abdullah ibn Sunabihi: Abumuhammad fancies that witr prayer is essential. (Hearing this) Ubadah ibn as-Samit said: Abumuhammad was wrong. I bear witness that I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Allah, the Exalted, has made five prayers obligatory. If anyone performs ablution for them well, offers them at their (right) time, and observes perfectly their bowing and submissiveness in them, it is the guarantee of Allah that He will pardon him; if anyone does not do so, there is no guarantee for him on the part of Allah; He may pardon him if He wills, and punish him if He wills.  (Book #2, Hadith #0425)

Narrated muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: What is the harm if any of you has two garments, if he can provide them, for Friday (prayer) in addition to the two garments for his daily work? Amr reported from Ibn Habib from Musa ibn Sa'd from Ibn Habban from Ibn Salam who heard this (tradition) from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) on the pulpit.  (Book #3, Hadith #1073)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar: Abdullah ibn Dinar said: The sun set when I was with Abdullah ibn Umar. We proceeded, and when we saw that the evening came, we said prayer. He went on travelling until the twilight disappeared and the stars became thick. He then slighted and combined the two prayers. Then he said: I saw the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him); when he hastened his travelling, he would pray like this prayer of mine. He said: He would combine the two prayers after the passing of a part of night. AbuDawud said: This has been transmitted by Asim ibn muhammad from his brother on the authority of Salim and this has also been narrated by Ibn AbuNajih from Isma'il ibn AbdurRahman ibn Dhuwayb saying that Ibn Umar would combine the two prayers after the disappearance of twilight.  (Book #4, Hadith #1213)

Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib ; Anas ibn Malik: muhammad reported from his father, Umar, on the authority of his grandfather, Ali ibn AbuTalib: When Ali travelled, he continued to travel till it became nearly dark. He then alighted and offered the sunset prayer. Then he would call for his dinner and eat it. Then he prayed the night prayer and then moved off. He would say: This is how the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to do. Usamah ibn Zayd reported from Hafs ibn Ubaydullah, the son of Anas ibn Malik: Anas would combine them (the evening and night prayer) when the twilight disappeared. He said: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to do so. Az-Zuhri also reported similarly on the authority of Anas from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him).  (Book #4, Hadith #1230)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Unays al-Juhani: I said to the Apostle of Allah: I have a place in the desert where I live and in which I pray, with the praise of Allah; but give me command about a night when I come to this mosque. He replied: Come on the twenty third night. I (a sub-narrator, muhammad ibn Ibrahim) said to his (Abdullah ibn Unays's) son: How would your father act? He replied: He used to enter the mosque when he had offered the afternoon prayer, and did not leave it for any purpose till he prayed the morning prayer. Then when he had prayed the morning prayer, he found his riding beast at the door of the mosque, mounted it and got back to his desert.  (Book #6, Hadith #1375)

Narrated Ubadah ibn as-Samit: Ibn Muhayriz said: A man from Banu Kinanah, named al-Makhdaji, heard a person called Abumuhammad [/b]in Syria, saying: The witr is a duty (wajib). Al-Makhdaji said: So I went to Ubadah ibn as-Samit and informed him. Ubadah said: Abumuhammad told a lie. I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There are five prayers which Allah has prescribed on His servants. If anyone offers them, not losing any of them, and not treating them lightly, Allah guarantees that He will admit him to Paradise. If anyone does not offer them, Allah does not take any responsibility for such a person. He may either punish him or admit him to Paradise.  (Book #8, Hadith #1415)

Narrated Someone who prayed with the Prophet: muhammad ibn Sirin said: Someone who prayed the morning prayer along with the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) narrated to me: When he raised his head after the second rak'ah, he remained standing for a short while.  (Book #8, Hadith #1441)

Narrated AbuLubabah: Ubaydullah ibn Yazid said: AbuLubabah passed by us and we followed him till he entered his house, and we also entered it. There was a man in a rusty house and in shabby condition. I heard him say: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: He is not one of us who does not chant the Qur'an. I (the narrator AbdulJabbar) said to Ibn AbuMulaykah: Abumuhammad, what do you think if a person does not have pleasant voice? He said: He should recite with pleasant voice as much as possible.  (Book #8, Hadith #1466)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who begs (from people) when he is affluent will come on the Day of Resurrection with scrapes, scratchings, or lacerations on his face. He was asked: What constitutes affluence, Apostle of Allah? He replied:It is fifty dirhams or its value in gold. The narrator Yahya said: Abdullah ibn Sufyan said to Sufyan: I remember that Shu'bah does not narrate from Hakim ibn Jubayr. Sufyan said: Zubayr transmitted to us this tradition from muhammad ibn AbdurRahman ibn Yazid.  (Book #9, Hadith #1622)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) taught us the address in case of some need: Praise be to Allah from Whom we ask help and pardon, and in Whom we take refuge from the evils within ourselves. He whom Allah guides has no one who can lead him astray, and he whom He leads astray has no one to guide him. I testify that there is no god but Allah, and I testify that muhammad is His servant and Apostle. "You who believe,...fear Allah by Whom you ask your mutual rights, and reverence the wombs. Allah has been watching you." ..."you who believe, fear Allah as He should be feared, and die only as Muslims" ...."you who believe, fear Allah as He should be feared, and die only as Muslims"....."you who believe, fear Allah and say what is true. He will make your deeds sound, and forgive your sins. He who obeys Allah and His Apostle has achieved a mighty success." The narrator, muhammad ibn Sulayman, did mention the word "inna" (verily).  (Book #11, Hadith #2113)

Narrated A man from the Companion of the Prophet: muhammadibn AbdurRahman ibn Thawban reported on the authority of a man from the Companions of the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him): When Ali married Fatimah, daughter of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), he intended to have intercourse with her. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) prohibited him to do so until he gave her something. Ali said: I have nothing with me, Apostle of Allah. The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Give her your coat of mail. So he gave her his coat of mail, and then cohabited with her.  (Book #11, Hadith #2121)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: muhammad ibn Ubayd ibn AbuSalih who lived in Ayliya said: I went out with Adi ibn Adi al-Kindi till we came to Mecca. He sent me to Safiyyah daughter of Shaybah who remembered a tradition (that she had heard) from Aisha. She said: I heard Aisha say: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: There is no divorce or emancipation in case of constraint or duress (ghalaq).  (Book #12, Hadith #2188)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Al-Qasim ibn muhammad and Sulayman ibn Yasar reported: Yahya ibn Sa'id ibn al-'As divorced the daughter of AbdurRahman ibn al-Hakam absolutely. AbdurRahman shifted her (from there). Aisha sent a message to Marwan ibn al-Hakam who was the governor of Medina, and said to him: Fear Allah, and return the woman to her home. Marwan said (according to Sulayman's version): AbdurRahman forced me. Marwan said (according to the version of al-Qasim): Did not the case of Fatimah daughter of Qays reach you? Aisha replied: There would be no harm to you if you did not make mention of the tradition of Fatimah. Marwan said: If you think that it was due to some evil (i.e. reason), then it is sufficient for you to see that there is also an evil between the two.  (Book #12, Hadith #2288)

Narrated AbuHurayrah: AbdulAziz ibn muhammad said: Abbad ibn Kathir came to Medina and went to the assembly of al-Ala'. He caught hold of his hand and made him stand and said: O Allah, he narrates a tradition from his father on the authority of AbuHurayrah who reported the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: When the middle of Sha'ban comes, do not fast. Al-Ala' said: O Allah, my father narrated this tradition on the authority of AbuHurayrah from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him)  (Book #13, Hadith #2330)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Umar: Husayn ibn al-Harith al-Jadli from the tribe of Jadilah Qays said: The governor of Mecca delivered a speech and said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) took a pledge from us that we should perform the rites of hajj after sighting the moon. If we do not sight it and two reliable persons bear witness, we should perform the rites of hajj on the basis of their witness. I then asked al-Husayn ibn al-Harith: Who was the governor of Mecca? He replied: I do not know. He then met me later on and told me: He was al-Harith ibn Hatib, brother of muhammad ibn Hatib. The governor then said: There is among you a man who is more acquainted with Allah and His Apostle than I. He witnessed this from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He then pointed with his hand to a man. Al-Husayn said: I asked an old man beside me: Who is that man to whom the governor has alluded? He said: "This is Abdullah ibn Umar, and he spoke the truth. He was more acquainted with Allah than he. He (Abdullah ibn Umar) said: For this is what the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) commanded us (to do).  (Book #13, Hadith #2331)

Narrated AbuWahb: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Keep to every sorrel horse with a white blaze and white on the legs, or dark bay with a white blaze. He then mentioned something similar. muhammad ibn al-Muhajir said: I asked him: Why was a sorrel horse preferred? He replied: Because the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) had sent a contingent, and the man who first brought the news of victory was the rider of a sorrel horse.  (Book #14, Hadith #2538)

Narrated Al-Bara' ibn Azib: Yunus ibn Ubayd, client of muhammad ibn al-Qasim, said that muhammad ibn al-Qasim sent to al-Bara' ibn Azib to ask him about the standard of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). He said: It was black and square, being made of a woollen rug.  (Book #14, Hadith #2585)

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuAwfa: muhammad ibn AbulMujahid reported Abdullah ibn AbuAwfa as saying: I asked: Did you set aside the fifth of the food in the time of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him)? He replied: On the day of Khaybar we captured food and a man would come and take as much food of it as needed and then go away.  (Book #14, Hadith #2698)

Narrated Umar ibn al-Khattab: Salih ibn muhammad ibn Za'idah (AbuDawud said: This Salih is AbuWaqid) said: We entered the Byzantine territory with Maslamah. A man who had been dishonest about booty was brought. He (Maslamah) asked Salim about him. He said: I heard my father narrating from Umar ibn al-Khattab from the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him). He said: When you find a man who has been dishonest about booty, burn his property, and beat him. He beat him. He said: We found in his property a copy of the Qur'an. He again asked Salim about it. He said: Sell it and give its price in charity.  (Book #14, Hadith #2707)

Narrated muhammad ibn Safwan or Safwan ibn muhammad: I hunted two hares and slaughtered them with a flint. I asked the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) about them. He permitted me to eat them.  (Book #15, Hadith #2816)

Narrated al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah: Qabisah ibn Dhuwayb said: A grandmother came to AbuBakr asking him for her share of inheritance. He said: There is nothing prescribed for you in Allah's Book, nor do I know anything for you in the Sunnah of the Prophet of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) Go home till I question the people. He then questioned the people, and al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah said: I had been present with the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) when he gave grandmother a sixth. AbuBakr said: Is there anyone with you? muhammad ibn Maslamah stood and said the same as al-Mughirah ibn Shu'bah had said. So AbuBakr made it apply to her. Another grandmother came to Umar ibn al-Khattab asking him for her share of inheritance. He said: Nothing has been prescribed for you in Allah's Book. The decision made before you was made for a grandmother other than you. I am not going to add in the shares of inheritance; but it is that sixth. If there are two of you, it is shared between you, but whichever of you is the only one left gets it all.  (Book #18, Hadith #2888)

Narrated Abdullah ibn AbuBakr: Abdullah ibn AbuBakr and some children of muhammad ibn Maslamah said: There remained some people of Khaybar and they confined themselves to the fortresses. They asked the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to protect their lives and let them go. He did so. The people of Fadak heard this; they also adopted a similar way. (Fadak) was, therefore, exclusively reserved for the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), for it was not captured by the expedition of cavalry and camelry.  (Book #19, Hadith #3010)

Narrated muhammad ibn Khalid as-Sulami: As-Sulami's grandfather, who was a Companion of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: When Allah has previously decreed for a servant a rank which he has not attained by his action, He afflicts him in his body, or his property or his children.  (Book #20, Hadith #3084)

Narrated Al-Qasim ibn muhammad ibn AbuBakr: I said to Aisha! Mother, show me the grave of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and his two Companions (Allah be pleased with them). She showed me three graves which were neither high nor low, but were spread with soft red pebbles in an open space.  (Book #20, Hadith #3214)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Mas'ud: muhammad ibn al-Ash'ath said: Al-Ash'ath bought slaves of booty from Abdullah ibn Mas'ud for twenty thousand (dirhams. Abdullah asked him for payment of their price. He said: I bought them for ten thousand (dirhams). Abdullah said: Appoint a man who may adjudicate between me and you. Al-Ash'ath said: (I appoint) you between me and yourself. Abdullah said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If both parties in a business transaction differ (on the price of an article), and they have witness between them, the statement of the owner of the article will be accepted (as correct) or they may annul the transaction.  (Book #23, Hadith #3504)

Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: muhammad ibn Ishaq said: I saw as-Salt ibn Abdullah ibn Nawfal ibn AbdulMuttalib wearing the signet-ring on his right small finger. I asked: What is this? He replied: I saw Ibn Abbas wearing his ring in this manner. He put its stone towards the upper part of his palm. Ibn Abbas also mentioned that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to wear his signet-ring in his manner.  (Book #34, Hadith #4217)

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: muhammad ibn al-Munkadir told that he saw Jabir ibn Abdullah swearing by Allah that Ibn as-Sa'id was the Dajjal (Antichrist). I expressed my surprise by saying: You swear by Allah! He said: I heard Umar swearing to that in the presence of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), but the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) did not make any objection to it.  (Book #37, Hadith #4317)

Narrated Rafi' ibn Khadij: muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Hibban said: A slave stole a plant of a palm-tree from the orchard of a man and planted it in the orchard of his master. The owner of the plant went out in search of the plant and he found it. He solicited help against the slave from Marwan ibn al-Hakam who was the Governor of Medina at that time. Marwan confined the slave and intended to cut off his hand. The slave's master went to Rafi' ibn Khadij and asked him about it. He told him that he had heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: The hand is not to be cut off for taking fruit or the pith of the palm-tree. The man then said: Marwan has seized my slave and wants to cut off his hand. I wish you to go with me to him and tell him that which you have heard from the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). So Rafi' ibn Khadij went with him and came to Marwan ibn al-Hakam. Rafi' said to him: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: The hand is not to be cut off for taking fruit or the pith of the palm-tree. So Marwan gave orders to release the slave and then he was released.  (Book #38, Hadith #4375)

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: muhammad ibn Ishaq said: I mentioned the story of Ma'iz ibn Malik to Asim ibn Umar ibn Qatadah. He said to me: Hasan ibn muhammad ibn Ali ibn AbuTalib said to me: Some men of the tribe of Aslam whom I do not blame and whom you like have transmitted to me the saying of the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him): Why did you not leave him alone? He said: But I did not understand this tradition. So I went to Jabir ibn Abdullah and said (to him): Some men of the tribe of Aslam narrate that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said when they mentioned to him the anxiety of Ma'iz when the stones hurt him: "Why did you not leave him alone?' But I do not know this tradition. He said: My cousin, I know this tradition more than the people. I was one of those who had stoned the man. When we came out with him, stoned him and he felt the effect of the stones, he cried: O people! return me to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him). My people killed me and deceived me; they told me that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) would not kill me. We did not keep away from him till we killed him. When we returned to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) we informed him of it. He said: Why did you not leave him alone and bring him to me? and he said this so that the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) might ascertain it from him. But he did not say this to abandon the prescribed punishment. He said: I then understood the intent of the tradition.  (Book #38, Hadith #4406)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: The tradition mentioned above (No. 4459) has also been transmitted by muhammad ibn Ishaq through a different chain of narrators. But he did not mention Aisha. This version has: He (the Prophet) commanded regarding the two men and the woman who spoke obscenity were Hassan ibn Thabit and Mistah ibn Uthathah. An-Nufayl said: It is said that the woman was Hammah daughter of Jahsh.  (Book #38, Hadith #4460)

Narrated AbuSalamah: muhammad ibn Amr said on the authority of AbuSalamah, and he did not mention the name of AbuHurayrah: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) used to accept presents but not alms (sadaqah). This version adds: So a Jewess presented him at Khaybar with a roasted sheep which she had poisoned. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) ate of it and the people also ate. He then said: Take away your hands (from the food), for it has informed me that it is poisoned. Bishr ibn al-Bara' ibn Ma'rur al-Ansari died. So he (the Prophet) sent for the Jewess (and said to her): What motivated you to do the work you have done? She said: If you were a prophet, it would not harm you; but if you were a king, I should rid the people of you. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then ordered regarding her and she was killed. He then said about the pain of which he died: I continued to feel pain from the morsel which I had eaten at Khaybar. This is the time when it has cut off my aorta.  (Book #39, Hadith #4498)

Narrated Ata' ibn AbuRabah: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) gave judgment that blood-wit for those who possessed camels should be one hundred camels, and for those who possessed cattle two hundred cows, and for those who possessed sheep one thousand sheep, and for those who possessed suits of clothing two hundred suits, and for those who possessed wheat something which the narrator muhammad (ibn Ishaq) did not remember.  (Book #39, Hadith #4528)

Narrated Hudhayfah: There is no one who will be overtaken by trial regarding whom I do not fear except muhammad ibn Maslamah, for I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Trial will not harm you.  (Book #40, Hadith #4646)

Narrated Atiyyah as-Sa'di: AbuWa'il al-Qass said: We entered upon Urwah ibn muhammad ibn as-Sa'di. A man spoke to him and made him angry. So he stood and performed ablution; he then returned and performed ablution, and said: My father told me on the authority of my grandfather Atiyyah who reported the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) as saying: Anger comes from the devil, the devil was created of fire, and fire is extinguished only with water; so when one of you becomes angry, he should perform ablution.  (Book #41, Hadith #4766)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: Ibn Awn said: I asked about the meaning of intisar (revenge) in the Qur'anic verse: "But indeed if any do help and defend themselves (intasara) after a wrong (done) to them, against them there is no cause of blame." Then Ali ibn Zayd ibn Jad'an told me on the authority of Umm muhammad, the wife of his father. Ibn Awn said: It was believed that she used to go to the Mother of the Faithful (i.e. Aisha). She said: The Mother of the Faithful said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came upon me while Zaynab, daughter of Jahsh, was with us. He began to do something with his hand. I signalled to him until I made him understand about her. So he stopped. Zaynab came on and began to abuse Aisha. She tried to prevent her but she did not stop. So he (the Prophet) said to Aisha: Abuse her. So she abused her and dominated her. Zaynab then went to Ali and said: Aisha abused you and did (such and such). Then Fatimah came (to the Prophet) and he said to her: She is the favourite of your father, by the Lord of the Ka'bah! She then returned and said to them: I said to him such and such, and he said to me such and such. Then Ali came to the Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) and spoke to him about that.  (Book #41, Hadith #4880)

Narrated Umm Kulthum bint Uqbah al-Umawiyyah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: He who forged in order to put things right between two persons did not lie. The version by Ahmad ibn muhammad and Musaddad has: The liar is not the one who puts things right between people, saying what is good and increasing good.  (Book #41, Hadith #4902)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin: A woman came to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) and said: Apostle of Allah! I have given birth to a boy, and call him muhammad and AbulQasim as kunyah (surname), but I have been told that you disapproved of that. He replied: What is it which has made my name lawful and my kunyah unlawful, or what is it which has made my kunyah unlawful and my name lawful?  (Book #41, Hadith #4950)

Narrated Abdullah ibn muhammad ibn al-Hanafiyyah: I and my father went to the house of my father-in-law from the Ansar to pay a sick visit to him. The time of prayer came. He said to someone of his relatives: O girl! bring me water for ablution so that I pray and get comfort. We objected to him for it. He said: I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: Get up, Bilal, and give us comfort by the prayer.  (Book #41, Hadith #4968)

Narrated Qays ibn Sa'd: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) came to visit us in our house, and said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! Sa'd returned the greeting in a lower tone. Qays said: I said: Do you not grant permission to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) to enter? He said: Leave him, he will give us many greetings. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! Sa'd again responded in a lower tone. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) again said: Peace and Allah's mercy be upon you! So the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) went away. Sa'd went after him and said: Apostle of Allah! I heard your greetings and responded in a lower tone so that you might give us many greetings. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) returned with him. Sa'd then offered to prepare bath-water for him, and he took a bath. He then gave him a long wrapper dyed with saffron or wars and he wrapped himself in it. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then raised his hands and said: O Allah, bestow Thy blessings and mercy on the family of Sa'd ibn Ubadah! The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then shared their meals. When he intended to return, Sa'd brought near him an ass which was covered with a blanket. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) mounted it. Sa'd said: O Qays, accompany the Apostle of Allah. Qays said: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said to me: Ride. But I refused. He again said: Either ride or go away. He said: So I went away. Hisham said: AbuMarwan (transmitted) from muhammad ibn AbdurRahman ibn As'ad ibn Zurarah.  (Book #41, Hadith #5166a)

Narrated AbuSa'id al-Khudri: muhammad ibn AbuYahya said that his father told that he and his companion went to AbuSa'id al-Khudri to pay a sick visit to him. He said: Then we came out from him and met a companion of ours who wanted to go to him. We went ahead and sat in the mosque. He then came back and told us that he heard AbuSa'id al-Khudri say: The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) said: Some snakes are jinn; so when anyone sees one of them in his house, he should give it a warning three times. If it return (after that), he should kill it, for it is a devil.  (Book #41, Hadith #5236)

Reply #16 - May 15, 2018, 07:48 PM

So in those above four posts I casually collected some hadith sayings  collected by different  folks and is without doubt they were collected  way after death of Muhammad, Prophet of Islam in the year 632 ( 26 April 570 – 8 June 632)..that is OK  but what is interesting is the names who said those hadith narrations .... let me list them here......

Muhammad Ibn Ziyad.,
    Hasan bin muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya
    muhammad bin Al-Muntathir
    muhammad bin 'Amr
    muhammad bin 'Amr bin 'Ata
    muhammad bin Sirin
    muhammad bin Abi Bakr Al-Thaqafi
     Al-Qasim bin muhammad
    muhammadbin Bakr
    muhammad bin 'Abbas
    muhammad bin Al-Majalid
    muhammad bin Maslama
    muhammad bin Ali
    muhammad bin Jubair
    Ya'qub bin muhammad
    muhammad bin Suqa
    muhammad bin Ibrahim bin Al-Harith
    muhammadbin Maslama
    muhammad bin Abdur-Rahman Abu Al-Aswad
    muhammad bin 'Abbas bin Ja'far
    Zaid bin muhammad
    muhammad bin Al-Hanafiyya
    Qasim bin muhammad
    Al-Qasim bin muhammad
    muhammad bin Jubair bin Mut'im
    muhammad bin Zaid bin Abdullah bin 'Umar
    muhammad bin Al-Munkadir
    ******************************************************************************

muhammad b. 'Abdullah b. Numair
    muhammad b. Bishr
    muhammad b. al-Muthanna
    muhammad b. Hatim
    muhammad b. Mihran
    muhammad b. Rafi
    Yahya b. muhammad
    muhammad Ibn Umar
    muhammad b. Abu Rafi
    muhammad b. Bashshar
    muhammad b. Ja'far
    muhammad b. 'Amr,
    muhammad b. Ka'b
    muhammad b. Hatim
    muhammad b. Bakr
    muhammad b Sa'd
    'Abdullah b. muhammad
    muhammad b. 'Abd al-A'la
    muhammad b. Abd al-A'la
    muhammad b. Hatim
    muhammad b. Ziyad
    Hasan b. muhammad
    muhammad b. Ja'far
    muhammad b. 'Amr b. Ata
    muhammad b. Rafi'
    muhammad b. 'Amr b. al-Hasan b.
    muhammad al-Ansar
     Ja'far b. muhammad
    muhammad b. Qais
    muhammad b. Isma'il
    Abd muhammad (al-Asha'th),
    muhammad b. 'Abbas b. Ja'far
    muhammad b. al-Muntashir
    muhammad b Abu Bakr
     AI-Qasim b. muhammad
    Qisim b. muhammad
    muhammad b. 'Ali b. Husain
    muhammad b. 'Abd al-Rahman
    muhammad b. Abu Bakr al-Thaqafi
    muhammad b. 'Ali
    al-Qasim b. muhammad b. Abu Bakr
    muhammad b. Rumh
    muhammad (one of the narrators)
    muhammad b. Ibrahim
    muhammad b. Munkadir
    muhammad son of Fatima
    Abu muhammad
    muhammad b. Abu Bakr
    Qasim b. muhammad
    muhammad b. Muthanna
    muhammad b. 'Amr b. 'Ata'
    Umar b. muhammad b. Zaid
    muhammad b. Sirin
    muhammad b. Bashshar
    muhammad b. Jubair b. Mut'im
    Ibrahim b. muhammad b. Talha
    muhammad b. Abdullah b. Muslim,
    Umar b. muhammad b. Zaid b. 'Abdullah b. 'Umar b. al-Khattab

Narrated muhammad: Um 'Atiyya said: "Our Prophet ordered us to come out (on 'Id day) with the mature girls and the virgins staying in seclusion." Hafsa narrated the above mentioned Hadith and added, "The mature girls or virgins staying in seclusion but the menstruating women had to keep away from the Musalla."  (Book #15, Hadith #91)

Narrated muhammad: Um 'Atiyya said, "One of the daughters of the Prophet died and he came out and said, 'Wash her three or five times or more, if you think it necessary, with water and Sidr, and last of all put camphor (or some camphor) and when you finish, inform me.' " Um Atiyya added, "When we finished we informed him and he gave us his waist-sheet and said, 'Shroud her in it.' " And Um 'Atiyya (in another narration) added, "The Prophet said, 'Wash her three, five or seven times or more, if you think it necessary.' " Hafsa said that Um 'Atiyya had also said, "We entwined her hair into three braids."  (Book #23, Hadith #349)

Narrated Aisha: When the news of the martyrdom of Zaid bin Haritha, Ja'far and 'Abdullah bin Rawaha came, the Prophet sat down looking sad, and I was looking through the chink of the door. A man came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! The women of Ja'far," and then he mentioned their crying . The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered h im to stop them from crying. The man went and came back and said, "I tried to stop them but they disobeyed." The Prophet (p.b.u.h) ordered him for the second time to forbid them. He went again and came back and said, "They did not listen to me, (or "us": the sub-narrator muhammad bin Haushab is in doubt as to which is right). " ('Aisha added: The Prophet said, "Put dust in their mouths." I said (to that man), "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. humiliate you)." By Allah, you could not (stop the women from crying) to fulfill the order, besides you did not relieve Allah's Apostle from fatigue."  (Book #23, Hadith #392)

Narrated Said bin Jubair: Ibn 'Abbas said, "Thursday! What (great thing) took place on Thursday!" Then he started weeping till his tears wetted the gravels of the ground . Then he said, "On Thursday the illness of Allah's Apostle was aggravated and he said, "Fetch me writing materials so that I may have something written to you after which you will never go astray." The people (present there) differed in this matter and people should not differ before a prophet. They said, "Allah's Apostle is seriously sick.' The Prophet said, "Let me alone, as the state in which I am now, is better than what you are calling me for." The Prophet on his death-bed, gave three orders saying, "Expel the pagans from the Arabian Peninsula, respect and give gifts to the foreign delegates as you have seen me dealing with them." I forgot the third (order)" (Ya'qub bin muhammad said, "I asked Al-Mughira bin 'Abdur-Rahman about the Arabian Peninsula and he said, 'It comprises Mecca, Medina, Al-Yama-ma and Yemen." Ya'qub added, "And Al-Arj, the beginning of Tihama.")  (Book #52, Hadith #288)

well tons of "ibns"  with "Muhammad" tin hat on their heads   and there is more to add to this post.. so I will edit at later times...

Reply #17 - May 15, 2018, 11:08 PM

Again just to remind the readers ... Prophet of Islam  "Muhammad" allegedly died  on 8th June in the year 632 ...  Now let us look at those guys and there life time line that reported these hadiths...

Sahih Bukhari hadith, collected by Imam Bukhari (R.A): Muhammad Ibn Ismail Ibn Ibrahim Ibn al-Mughirah Ibn Bardizbah al-Bukhari (Persian/Arabic: محمد بن اسماعيل بن ابراهيم بن مغيره بن بردزبه بخاری), popularly known as Bukhari or Imam Bukhari, (196-256AH / 810-870AD), was a Sunni Islamic scholar of Persia.[3][4] He authored the hadith collection named Sahih Bukhari, a collection which Sunni Muslims regard as the most authentic of all hadith compilations.  He was born in 810/194 in the city of Bukhara in Khorasan (now in Uzbekistan).

Sahih Muslim hadith, collected by Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj (R.A):  Abul Husayn Muslim ibn al-Hajjaj ibn Muslim ibn Warat al-Qushayri al-Nisaburi (Arabic: أبو الحسين مسلم بن الحجاج القشيري النيسابوري‎; Persian: مسلم نیشابوری‎; lived c. 206–261 AH/c.821-875 CE) was the author of the second authentic sahih collection of hadith in Sunni Islam, Sahih Muslim.  He was born in the town of Nishapur, in present day northeastern Iran, into the Arab tribe of Qushair.
    Contents

[i]Sunan al-Sughra hadith, collected by (R.A):  Al-Nasā'ī (214  – 303 AH/ ca. 829  – 915 AD/CE), full name Aḥmad ibn Shu`ayb ibn Alī ibn Sīnān Abū `Abd ar-Raḥmān al-Nasā'ī,[/i] was a noted collector of hadith (sayings of Muhammad), and wrote one of the six canonical hadith collections recognized by Sunni Muslims, Sunan al-Sughra, or "Al-Mujtaba", which he selected from his "As-Sunan al-Kubra". As well as 15 other books, 6 dealing with the science of hadith.  Abu Abdurrahman Ahmed ibn Shuaib ibn Ali ibn Sinan ibn Bahr ibn Dinar Al-Khurusani was born in the year 215 A.H as the Imam clearly states himself (although some say 255 A.H or 214 A.H) in the city of Nasa, situated in Western Asia known at that time as Khurusan

Sunan Abi Da'ud hadith, collected by Abu Da'ud (R.A):  Abu Dawood Sulayman ibn Ash`ath Azdi Sijistani (Persian/Arabic: ابو داود سليمان بن اشعث السجستاني), commonly known as Abu Dawud, was a noted Persian collector of prophetic hadith, and wrote the third of the six canonical hadith collections recognized by Sunni Muslims, Sunan Abu Dawood.  He was born in [[Sistan], in east of Iran, (then Persia) and died in 889 in Basra. Widely traveled among scholars of hadith, he went to Iraq, Egypt, Syria, Hijaz, Khurasan, Nishapur, and Marv among other places in order to collect hadith......

Sunan al-Tirmidhi hadith, collected by al-Tirmidhi (R.A): Tirmidhī (Persian: ترمذی‎), also transliterated as Tirmizi, full name Abū ‛Īsá Muḥammad ibn ‛Īsá ibn Sawrah ibn Mūsá ibn al Ḍaḥḥāk al-Sulamī al-Sulamī al-Tirmidhī (824–892, i.e. 209 AH – 13 Rajab 279 AH) or 8 October 892 CE was a Persian collector of hadith (sayings of the Prophet Muhammad) Tirmidhi was born and died in Bâgh (Persian meaning 'Garden'), a suburb of Termez, Greater Khorasan (now in Uzbekistan), to a family of the widespread Banū Sulaym tribe. Starting at the age of twenty, he travelled widely, to Kufa, Basra and the Hijaz, seeking out knowledge from, among others, Qutaybah ibn Sa‛id, Muhammad al-Bukhari, Muslim Nishapuri and Abu Dawud.

Al-Muwatta hadith, collected by Imam Malik (R.A): Mālik ibn Anas ibn Mālik ibn Abī 'Āmir al-Asbahī (Arabic مالك بن أنس) (c. 711 – 795) (93 AH – 179 AH ) is known as "Imam Malik," the "Sheikh of Islam", the "Proof of the Community," and "Imam of the Abode of Emigration."  He was one of the most highly respected scholars of fiqh in Sunni Islam. Imam Shafi`i, who was one of Malik's students for nine years and a scholarly giant in his own right, stated, "when scholars are mentioned, Malik is the star." ..................

Sunan Ibn Majah hadith, collected by Ibn Majah (R.A):  Abū ʻAbdillāh Muḥammad ibn Yazīd Ibn Mājah al-Rabʻī al-Qazwīnī (Arabic: ابو عبد الله محمد بن يزيد بن ماجه الربعي القزويني‎), (824 CE/209 AM—887/273) commonly known as Ibn Mājah, was a medieval scholar of hadith. He compiled the last of Sunni Islam's six canonical hadith collections, Sunan Ibn Mājah. Ibn Mājah was born in Qazwin, the modern-day Iranian province of Qazvin, in 824 CE/209 AH[1] to a family who were clients (mawla) of the Rabīʻah tribe. ............Arabic name.

The 40 hadith and Riyad Us-Saliheen by Imam Nawawi (R.A):  Abu Zakaria Mohiuddin Yahya Ibn Sharaf al-Nawawi (1234–1278) (Arabic: أبو زكريا يحيى بن شرف النووي‎), popularly known as al-Nawawi, an-Nawawi or Imam Nawawi (631–676 A.H. / 1234–1278 CE), was a Sunni Muslim author on Fiqh and hadith. ..............

well those are the guys who collected all those volumes  and volumes hadith that a billion Muslim consider as the authentic saying of Prophet of Islam

Reply #18 - May 17, 2018, 02:17 PM

well  let us collect  the names of  hadith sayers that have this "tinhat"  with an imprint of this word  "muhammad"  on their heads...
    Ismail ibn muhammad ibn Said ibn Abi Waqqas
    muhammad ibn Amr ibn Hazm
    muhammad ibn Zayd ibn Qunfudh
    Nuaym ibn Abdullah al-Mujmirthat muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Zayd muhammad ibn Ibrahim ibn al-Harith at-Taymi

muhammad ibn Ibrahim
    muhammad ibn Yahya ibn Habban
    muhammad ibn alMunkadir
    muhammad ibn Abi Harmala
    muhammad ibn Abi Bakr ibn Amr ibn Hazm
    Abd ar-Rahman ibn al-Qasim ibn muhammad ibn Abi Bakr
    al-Qasim ibn muhammad
    Abu'r-Rijal muhammad ibn Abd ar-Rahman
    muhammad ibn Amr ibn Halhalaad-Dili
    muhammad ibn Abdullah ibn Abd arRahman ibn Abi Sasaca al-Ansari
    muhammad ibn Uqba
    al-Qasim ibn muhammad
    muhammad ibn Maslama al-Ansari
    Jafar ibn muhammad ibn Ali
     al-Qasim ibn muhammad
    muhammad ibn Ibrahim al-Harith at-Taymi

Reply #19 - May 22, 2018, 09:38 AM

well  apart from all those 1000s of story teller collections of hadith.,  we also have another set of hadith sayings that come under special category...  named as Hadith Qudsi ..  let  me put some  links to read them  after all there  are only 40 of them.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »