Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: London 2012 Olympics

(Read 33129 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: London 2012 Olympics
     Reply #270 - August 06, 2012, 06:50 PM

Gosh, these female shot putters are formidable.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #271 - August 06, 2012, 07:14 PM

Leryn Franco (Paraguayan javelin thrower) 001_wub

Hell yes! She is fine!

Also Jaqueline Carvalho:

Reply #272 - August 06, 2012, 08:50 PM

Crikey

God is Love.

Reply #273 - August 06, 2012, 08:53 PM

Too ... many ... god-like .... creatures ...

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #274 - August 06, 2012, 09:15 PM

Based purely on who I'd like to fuck:
    001_wub

No Victoria Pendleton?

God is Love.

Reply #275 - August 06, 2012, 09:18 PM

I only had the option of 5. My real list is about a thousand long.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #276 - August 06, 2012, 09:21 PM

She's lovely though isn't she Smiley

God is Love.

Reply #277 - August 06, 2012, 09:23 PM

Maybe a little off-topic, but does anyone else get dehydrated during the winter olympics speed-skating events?

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #278 - August 06, 2012, 09:40 PM

She's lovely though isn't she Smiley

She's a cutie.

Here's another,

Katarina Johnson-Thompson

Reply #279 - August 06, 2012, 09:42 PM

Yeah she's lovely, she's got a lovely lilting Scouse accent, when she got interviewed after the Heptathlon

God is Love.

Reply #280 - August 06, 2012, 09:55 PM

Oh boy, now is not the time to start off Aussie-Pom banter, it really isn't!

OK, fuck it, lets kick it off. Australia currently lie behind Kazakhstan in the medals table  Grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/2012/medals/countries

Borat > Australia  bunny Grin bunny

Depends how you count them. Australia: 22. Borat: 7. Tongue Tongue Tongue

And the basketball was still funny. grin12

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #281 - August 06, 2012, 09:56 PM

johnson-thomson is such a cutie  yes

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #282 - August 06, 2012, 09:57 PM

Pictures tend to fall flat, too. In motion is where the real beauty is.

Reply #283 - August 06, 2012, 09:58 PM

Zsuzsanna Jakabos yes

holy moly

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #284 - August 06, 2012, 10:15 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Best story from the Games yet:

Poetic justice as judo star belts the bottle-thrower

GAMES head Sebastian Coe said it was "poetic justice" that a man who allegedly threw a bottle on to the track before the men's 100m race happened to be sitting next to a Dutch judo star, who hit him for causing trouble.

Edith Bosch, the world judo champion who won bronze for The Netherlands in the under-70kg class, said she was sitting near the man and had "beaten" him for throwing the green plastic drink bottle.

"I'm not suggesting vigilantism but it was actually poetic justice," Coe said. "Throwing a bottle on to the field of play is unacceptable, it's not just unacceptable at an Olympic Games but at any sporting event and anybody who does that will be removed."

The man was later arrested and remained in custody yesterday.

Reply #285 - August 06, 2012, 10:25 PM

Oh and I had a brilliant idea. I've always thought that the only way to make synchornised swimming interesting would be to put sharks in the pool, but there's another option. Combine it with the trap shooting. That would work. yes

Reply #286 - August 07, 2012, 02:49 AM

The Olympic Village is pure sex orgies for two weeks and it's hard to see how it would be hard to resist. 

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #287 - August 07, 2012, 08:21 AM

well he beat the olympic and world champion in that race, so definitely is a big contender for a medal. don't know if you've heard but he's been excluded from the olympics at the moment for 'not trying' in the 800. hopefully that decision is reversed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19152117

i think it would be stupid to kick him out the games because of this, especially if he is indeed carrying some sort of injury worry

Yeah, I freaked out when I heard. But as you can see in that link, the decision's been overturned. Frankly that injury is worrying me and I'm not even counting on a bronze medal at this point, but I'd love to be surprised!

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #288 - August 07, 2012, 08:29 AM

Big disappointment for me that Elena Isinbaeva didn't do well enough in the pole vault final last night. And since we're doing the "hot chicks" thread all over again here  grin12

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #289 - August 07, 2012, 10:49 AM

a little down in the dumps about Idowu crashing out in qualifying, clearly his injury is serious, maybe even career-ending. would have been great to have seen a local boy in the final - the stadium would have been electric. not to be.

Reply #290 - August 07, 2012, 11:02 AM

omg, liu xiang, crashed out of the 110 hurdles, again! not a good morning  no

• Cheating Aussies ruined the Medal Prospects
     Reply #291 - August 07, 2012, 12:33 PM

Cheating Aussies ruined the Medal Prospects finmad finmad finmad

Pakistan crash out of Olympics after 7-NIL in the hands of Aussies

KARACHI: Pakistan failed to qualify for the semi-finals of the men’s hockey tournament at the London Olympics after a 7-0 thrashing at the hands of world champions Australia.

Australia started the attack as soon as the first half started and scored the opening goal in the fourth minute as Liam Young scored through a rebound off a penalty corner. One minute later, Mark Knowles doubled the score from a penalty corner.

Pakistan seemed to make an effort after the first five minutes but could not create any concrete chances. Goalkeeper Imran Shah was kept busy as Australia netted their third and fourth goals in the first half through Christopher Ciriello – one coming through a penalty corner.

The second half saw an even more listless performance from the Greenshirts which Australia took full advantage of.  Russel Ford, Jamie Dwyer and Glenn Turner scored a goal each to complete the 7-0 rout and confirmed their top spot in Pool A along with a semi-final berth.

Pakistan held Spain to a 1-1 draw followed by a 2-0 win against Argentina, a 4-1 loss against Great Britain and edged past South Africa 5-4. ..

shit news..  Aussies thugs learned the game from sixth Asians and they are beating every one  finmad     We got to get some Aussies in to our team., In fact we should sneak in some of those guys into all south Asian teams., That Indian IPL is doing good job getting some those guys to play in the subcontinent..   Look at that bald guy he is all over the field...

WE GOT TO LEARN TO CHEAT DAMMIT...   finmad finmad

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #292 - August 07, 2012, 12:49 PM

I merged your thread to the official one, yeezevee. The Pakistani hockey team isn't special enough to warrant a thread of its own  Tongue

Surely life is too brief
     Reply #293 - August 07, 2012, 01:03 PM

I merged................. The Pakistani hockey team isn't special enough to warrant a thread of its own  Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCrjLVSapII&feature=autoplay&list=PL9552B9E3F9127C0B&playnext=5

Indians last long back.. Tongue

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #294 - August 07, 2012, 01:11 PM

just gotta love these guys:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-19164575

i would have been f-ing and blinding all night, lol

Reply #295 - August 07, 2012, 07:45 PM

Some more Catalina Ponor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKY9wCbsSRk

She looked smoking hot today, winning the silver medal for floor. I think she deserved a higher score, but maybe I am biased. The crowd seemed to think she was scored low too. Still, she can't win gold every Olympics I suppose.

Doesn't look too shabby in civvies either:

001_wub

Reply #296 - August 07, 2012, 08:48 PM

She's stunning.

I love the moves they make in gymnastics, just brilliant

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #297 - August 08, 2012, 06:34 AM

Ponor was awesome in the final. She's such a welcome change from the Daddy's Little Princess prancing bullshit that infests the gymnastics these days. I'm always thinking "FFS stop trying to impress the pedos and get on with the gymnastics". Then Ponor walks on and it's like "Hey, we've got a woman in the women's gymnastics! Things are looking up". yes

Also, Pendleton's response to Meares after their final was pure class.

And of course everyone over here is going apeshit over Sally Pearson winning the hurdles. Only won by 0.02 seconds though, so you can't really say Harper was worse on the night. It could have gone either way.

This got me thinking about why I have been particularly enjoying this Olympics. I figured out that it's been because Australia hasn't been winning a shitload of gold medals. That might sound odd, unless you've ever sat through local coverage of a Games.

The problem is that the coverage always goes to the lowest common denominator commercial channel, just because they can pull in the most money from McDonalds, etc for getting a bid. They have no respect for the athletes or the audience, and insist on going full retard whenever an Australian gets gold. This rapidly gets fucking annoying, because you just know there are other cool events going on while you're forced to watch the 5,973,876th repeat of Bruce Roorooter winning the 50 metre circle jerk.

Since there have been hardly any golds for Australia so far, they have been forced to be more balanced in their coverage, which has been a real bonus. I watch the Olympics to see amazing people doing amazing stuff, and I don't much give a fuck where they were born or what passport they currently hold.

Like full credit to Pearson and all. She's Australia's pet cheetah and everyone loves her. Totally a good sort. Can't knock her. This morning though, within six hours of her winning her medal, I was already at the point of thinking "Oh fuck, not this shit again" just because of the stupid way Channel 9 insists on dealing with Australian victories. I heartily wish they'd shoot their current crew and put some adults in charge of their programming.

Reply #298 - August 08, 2012, 06:40 AM

Since there have been hardly any golds for Australia so far, they have been forced to be more balanced in their coverage, which has been a real bonus.

A bonus we don't enjoy in Japan. It's wall-to-wall repeats of Japanese losers when there's live sport on.

The BBC coverage is getting on my nerves too - far too GB-centric. I don't remember it always being so one-eyed.
     Reply #299 - August 08, 2012, 06:58 AM

Yeah, beats me why they have to do this sort of crap. I mean I thoroughly enjoyed Pearson's win when it happened. I just don't need to be relentlessly bashed over the head with it until I'm sick of hearing about it. She doesn't deserve that either. She should be able to have it remembered as a special moment.

Apparently FoxTel cover absolutely everything on their range of channels, which means you can choose to watch any event anywhere in the Games. It might be worth looking into a subscription for Rio, because if the Australian team is back on form then Channel 9 will be totally insufferable. The Barcelona Olympics were absolutely terrible for coverage. It was enough to make a bloke think about moving to fucking Zimbabwe.

• Previous page 1 ... 8 9 1011 12 ... 16 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »