Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Saudi Arabia considers law against insulting Islam

(Read 3144 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Saudi Arabia considers law against insulting Islam
     OP - July 16, 2012, 07:01 PM

"JEDDAH: Saudi Arabia is studying new regulations to criminalise insulting Islam, including in social media, and the law could carry heavy penalties, a Saudi paper said on Sunday"

Full article: http://tribune.com.pk/story/408995/saudi-arabia-considers-law-against-insulting-islam/
  • Re: Saudi Arabia considers law against insulting Islam
     Reply #1 - July 16, 2012, 07:45 PM

I really wonder if this will affect people going for Hajj.

If you're in the West and you write something 'insulting about Islam'... if people try to go for Hajj, will they not let you in or will they even charge/arrest you when you arrive there?
     Reply #2 - July 16, 2012, 08:04 PM

If you are insulting Islam and then you go on Hajj aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite anyway?

Don't they already have laws like this? Otherwise on what legal grounds is that guy Hamza Kashgari being held?
     Reply #3 - July 16, 2012, 08:25 PM

If you are insulting Islam and then you go on Hajj aren't you being a bit of a hypocrite anyway?

Don't they already have laws like this? Otherwise on what legal grounds is that guy Hamza Kashgari being held?

Sure you are, but being a hyprocite isn't a crime Tongue
    My sister-in-laws father is an athiest and his wife wanted to go for Hajj.  He want with her.  Does that seem like a crime to you?

Or you might not even be insulting Islam, but just saying something that some Islamic council thinks is insulting Islam.
     Reply #4 - July 16, 2012, 09:22 PM

No of course it should not be a crime. But it is a crime already as non-Muslims are not allowed in Mecca.

I myself would love to pretend to be a Muslim and go on Hajj too, just for the experience of it.  grin12

But I reckon I would just stick out too much and someone would figure out I wasn't an actual Muslim, then what would happen? ohmy
     Reply #5 - July 19, 2012, 09:03 AM

Not necessarily. Someone from one islamic faction could say something which they consider to be perfectly islamic but others could consider that to be insulting to islam. Take Shia criticism of the sahaba as an example

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #6 - July 19, 2012, 02:41 PM

the quran is full of insults towards non muslims.. ie calling jews and christians the worst of creatures...

love the hypocrisy
     Reply #7 - July 22, 2012, 12:51 AM

I thought blashphemy was already illegal considering the case of Hamza Khashgari and the Saudi Government's  Committee for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice. 

Why the sudden need to make a law???

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #8 - July 22, 2012, 12:52 AM

Arrest everyone. >:[

***~Church is where bad people go to hide~***
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »