Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Today at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Today at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Rapists Explain Themselves on Reddit, and We Should Listen

(Read 9584 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Rapists Explain Themselves on Reddit, and We Should Listen
     Reply #30 - August 01, 2012, 01:30 AM

That poster did not mention alcohol. Like don't drink too much, makes some people aggressive, take risks, it's primary physiological effect on the brain is to lower inhibitions, sexual or otherwise.

Muslims by and large never have sex with alcohol involved, they missing out, whilst in the 'west' seem as if they can't have sex without alcohol, esp on first encounters, it would seem.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #31 - August 01, 2012, 05:53 AM

PeruvianSkies - what does be 'responsible' mean in this context. I think perhaps it is be responsible for your own safety, take precautions. This thing about people knowing you are more likely to rape you, fair enough I believe that but reading comments in the link in the OP there is someone saying that they place people who you just met, like date rapers in the same category as people you have known for years, must skewed the results somewhat, especially as the promiscuity and drinking culture I.e date rape arena must be the fastest growing area of rape in the UK, I am guessing.

Also 'looking after your drinks'. In fact that is bad advice, there have been studies done where they figure rohypnol and its ilk are not found in drinks, it is the drink itself that affected the women in question. Alcohol or enough of it is the rohypnol. Remember two thirds of rape cases in the UK involve alcohol.

Sure you could dress conservatively, be a wallflower and be sober and still end up in trouble. Like I could having a dark skin and arouse a racist, but I wouldn't put on my national costume and walk on my own into certain pubs/parks in certain neighbourhoods at certain times.

I would be responsible and not find myself in such circumstances. Though yes I could take all the precautions and still end up in trouble.

You're a retard and a creep.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #32 - August 01, 2012, 02:21 PM

I like the part of that article that quotes this:

...our culture is unable to address rape with the sobriety and clarity the topic deserves because we are still unable to address sex with the sobriety and clarity it deserves. The contention that rape should be regarded as an asexual act has done nothing to remedy this. Nor will it. As activist and writer Wendy McElroy points out, "there can be as many motives for rape as there are for murder and other violent crimes … Rape is every bit as complex." Insisting that no rape is ever "about" sex but is rather about an individual man acting on a patriarchal mandate to sow terror by exercising "power" does a disservice to us all.

I have always been skeptical of those claiming that rape is all about power.
    Rape is an ABUSE of the power you have over somebody. But I doubt the goal of a rapist is only expressing such power. I think power is the method, not the goal.

Do not look directly at the operational end of the device.
     Reply #33 - August 01, 2012, 05:15 PM

It seems weird how some of them are trying to evoke sympathy from readers Huh? Also, I hope the police are investigating the posters.
    The only thing I take from reading this is that most rapists see themselves as ordinary guys and thus are probably perceived as such, instead of the hairy guy living in his mum's attic that people often envision.
     Reply #34 - August 01, 2012, 09:29 PM

Tialoc - I think you think like that because you are neither a mysogynist nor misandrist.

I am my own worst enemy and best friend, itsa bit of a squeeze in a three-quarter bed, tho. Unhinged!? If I was a dog I would be having kittens, that is unhinged. Footloose n fancy free, forced to fit, fated to fly. One or 2 words, 3 and 3/thirds, looking comely but lonely, till I made them homely.D
     Reply #35 - August 01, 2012, 09:32 PM

Reply #36 - August 01, 2012, 09:43 PM

Ok Godot good chap, you tell me why Tialoc thinks like that?

Reply #37 - August 01, 2012, 09:50 PM

Reply #38 - August 01, 2012, 09:55 PM

Lol, Godot.

I want to know the view of the OP, can't look now, but was it desuvelt sorry if I spelt it wrong. He acted like a messageboard terrorist, opening this thread and then gone. Sure he disagrees with me though.

Reply #39 - August 01, 2012, 09:57 PM

Hey devil, if you get banned, make sure to make some sock accounts and troll moar. I will enjoy reading the lulz cool2

Yeah an I am super ugly, I can't even beat my chest am too skinny and when I roaaar to attract women, they laugh at me, because it sounds like a girl screaming. I can't even attract any bitches!  Cry

Reply #40 - August 05, 2012, 04:45 AM

It seems weird how some of them are trying to evoke sympathy from readers Huh? Also, I hope the police are investigating the posters.
    The only thing I take from reading this is that most rapists see themselves as ordinary guys and thus are probably perceived as such, instead of the hairy guy living in his mum's attic that people often envision.

Fuck you, I ain't raped nobody.  finmad

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #41 - August 05, 2012, 08:58 AM

reading shit like this makes me feel glad that i still haven't been close to a woman
     Reply #42 - August 10, 2012, 01:00 PM

An episode on Al Jazeera's 'The Stream' about online sexism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDK09vhtfI
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »