Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
April 16, 2024, 07:25 AM

New Britain
April 16, 2024, 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Hamza Tzortzis explains the Higgs Boson - Islam wins again

(Read 15515 times)
  • 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Hamza Tzortzis explains the Higgs Boson - Islam wins again
     OP - July 11, 2012, 11:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRNabS6FqDs

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: Hamza Tzortzis explains the Higgs Boson - Islam wins again
     Reply #1 - July 12, 2012, 12:00 AM

Unfortunately he doesn't do any beatbox to help explain Higgs Boson, so here it is - rewind selecta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqSWwtt1bWU

God is Love.

Reply #2 - July 12, 2012, 12:01 AM

Reply #3 - July 12, 2012, 12:03 AM

I knew this was inevitable. Cheesy

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."
    - Robert Louis Stevenson
     Reply #4 - July 12, 2012, 12:05 AM

I'll tell you what, he keeps banging on about 'the atheists' online hounding him, seems to really be setting his beard on fire and rubbing chillis up his hole - keep it up guys  Afro

God is Love.

Reply #5 - July 12, 2012, 12:12 AM

Hamza: "What is the Higgs boson, and does it have any theological implications?"

I remember I used to consider this a perfectly reasonable question to ask whenever I read about a physics theory, especially when reading Hawking's books back when I was still a Muslim. However, this is the very mentality that has stunted scientific advancement in the Muslim world for almost 10 centuries now, especially in the development of new scientific theory. If you as a scientist, or your society really deeply cares about the impact of new scientific models on preconceived theological notions, then the further development of such models will simply be stopped, as was the case with science in the Arab/Muslim world. It's really a shame that Hamza would propagate such a restrictive framework through which Muslims in the modern day should look at science.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #6 - July 12, 2012, 01:02 AM

I disagree somewhat. "does this have theological implications?" is fine to ask post facto. A scientists get some flak for disregarding the philosophical implications of their theories and science as a whole from philosophers of science. Krauss is the latest example when he seemed not to have a grasp on the philosophical framework of physics and cosmology and doggedly stuck to scientific definitions of various things.

On one hand you really can't fault them as science is a huge and deep endeavor and we can't ask scientists to become experts in science and philosophy.

Asking the question pre facto or during the act of science is terrible though. A lot of time was spent in the middle Ages by scholastics to work around the weight the Church was throwing around. More recently you have that example of the Christian fundamentalist scientist saying that because children saw purposeness in every day objects the belief in God was innate. That's a hugely unscientific conclusion and a lot of time and energy was spent telling the guy he didn't know Wtf he was talking about.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #7 - July 12, 2012, 01:10 AM

Somehow I thought we disagreed asbie. Looks like we agree.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
     Reply #8 - July 12, 2012, 01:16 AM

Btw finally watched the video. Did any mainstream atheist say the higs bosin disproved god? I can't think of one. On this forum no one I know even mentioned the possibility. Sounds more like a chance to claim victimhood from the riff raff on the Internet.

Reply #9 - July 12, 2012, 01:25 AM

Signed into YouTube just to dislike this video, apparently I'm the first one to dislike it.  grin12
     Reply #10 - July 12, 2012, 02:06 AM

I disagree somewhat. "does this have theological implications?" is fine to ask post facto. A scientists get some flak for disregarding the philosophical implications of their theories and science as a whole from philosophers of science. Krauss is the latest example when he seemed not to have a grasp on the philosophical framework of physics and cosmology and doggedly stuck to scientific definitions of various things.

On one hand you really can't fault them as science is a huge and deep endeavor and we can't ask scientists to become experts in science and philosophy.

Science may have stemmed from philosophy, but it has long since progressed past the point where it really cares about philosophical questions outside the realm of empirical observation. Certainly the theological implications of a theory/discovery would be exactly such an issue, and I think really scientists now consider that an annoying hindrance and oftentimes taking a step backward, rather than considering it a necessary part of any framework in which to view science and with good reason.

Agree with the rest of what you posted there though.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #11 - July 12, 2012, 03:54 AM

Btw am I wrong in saying that Hamza explained the Higgs incorrectly?  The Higgs field isn't composed of Higgs particles, it's when the Higgs field is "agitated"  enough a Higgs particle manifests itself.  Virtual particules aren't particles at all, from my understanding it's just a way of explaining it in simple terms. Also the Higgs field was never "switched on" at least as far as science can tell. It's a property of the universe that exists, there wasn't a time when the universe was 'massless' and then someone flipped a switch and boom mass, again as far as science can tell.    

Also lol @ the 'God Particle" is a plot by athiests and secularists to undermine our theology

Reply #12 - July 12, 2012, 04:28 AM

Haha, I switched it off soon after "Ass slam a lay cum wa ram atoll lie wa bark at you."  Cheesy

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #13 - July 12, 2012, 04:45 AM

God bumps the Higgs switch and boom massless.  Shouldn't have put it next to the light switch. 

Reply #14 - July 12, 2012, 04:55 AM

I didn't watch this cuz he's not a scientist and his opinion on the Higgs boson means zilch to me.  Afro

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #15 - July 12, 2012, 07:31 AM

I didn't watch this cuz he's not a scientist and his opinion on the Higgs boson means zilch to me.  Afro

Then why are you interacting with it?
     Reply #16 - July 12, 2012, 08:32 AM

I vomited my breakfast, thanks billy!

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #17 - July 12, 2012, 09:59 AM

My goodness   THIS FOOL WASTED HIS LIFE by becoming a Muslim fool and he is realizing that now. He is more interested in Science than that Islam/ Quran .

So he is projecting his ego on to the subject that he is absolutely unfamiliar. And This Joker thinks that silly book Quran explains origins. I am fairly certain the fool can not solve simple partial differential equation but he speaks about higgs-boson and oh rehmatullah oh barakatuh in the same line at the same speed..

Fool should leave his Islam and his beard in a cupboard and go back   to high school/college to learn some basic physic

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #18 - July 12, 2012, 09:00 PM

Fool should leave his Islam and his beard in a cupboard and go back   to high school/college to learn some basic physic Afro Afro

Haha Afro my exact response!

Lover of all things whimsy.
     Reply #19 - July 12, 2012, 11:37 PM

01:00 - 01:30
    Hamza:

So what is Higgs Boson?

Well take this as the early universe and please note, THE EARLY UNIVERSE, because this doesn't explain or discuss why the universe once was in a state of nonexistence then it came into existence cuz we know the universe began, if it began then it was once nothing then it became something, it doesn't discuss any of that, all it discusses is the early universe.

WTF?Huh??

Does Hamza know something we don't know Huh??

Who taught him that the universe didn't exist and once was nothing and it became something?Huh?

Isn't this batshit crazy >Huh??

Reply #20 - July 13, 2012, 01:16 AM

Only a idiot would listen to a lesson on science from a crazy religious fanatic like Hamza...

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #21 - July 27, 2012, 06:46 AM

Btw am I wrong in saying that Hamza explained the Higgs incorrectly?  The Higgs field isn't composed of Higgs particles, it's when the Higgs field is "agitated"  enough a Higgs particle manifests itself.  Virtual particules aren't particles at all, from my understanding it's just a way of explaining it in simple terms. Also the Higgs field was never "switched on" at least as far as science can tell. It's a property of the universe that exists, there wasn't a time when the universe was 'massless' and then someone flipped a switch and boom mass, again as far as science can tell.    

Also lol @ the 'God Particle" is a plot by athiests and secularists to undermine our theology

Alas, I'm not going to watch the video because:
    a) my sanity is in check
    b) I dont have headphones right now and dont want any to hear me listening to something that stupid.

However, yes you more correct and if that is what he's saying that would be incorrect (shocker! Hamza Tortoise doesnt understand Physics). However, Given that arabic is a very complicated language (In Hamza's dialect 2+2 can equal 5 because 2 also means 3) I am sure that the quran is correct with with the correct interpretation as well, and it will be correct in relation to any other new discovery or or even if they find out there is no higgs boson at all and it was a mistake the quran will still be correct in predicting that.

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #22 - July 27, 2012, 10:19 AM

He keeps talking about the term "The God Particle" - Does he not realise that scientists hate that term probably as much as him, because it is sensationalist and the existence of the Higgs Boson still leaves many questions unanswered.

So who is he angry at?

Religion - The hot potato that looked delicious but ended up burning your mouth!

Knock your head on the ground, don't be miserly in your prayers, listen to your Sidi Sheikh, Allahu Akbar! - Lounes Matoub
     Reply #23 - July 27, 2012, 11:40 AM

Only a idiot would listen to a lesson on science from a crazy religious fanatic like Hamza...

Absolutely ! Afro

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
     Reply #24 - July 27, 2012, 11:58 AM

Absolutely ! Afro

a) my sanity is in check
    .................................t.

oh ! boy you three guys are terrible., you are out-rightly insulting me and people like Prof. Hoodbhoy who participated in that unfortunate debate with this fool..

So now you three together   TheDarkRebel...hypocrucifier..Homer together .. I am mad, you  made me an insane idiot  finmad

You three  guys are ESCAPISTS., you three don't even want to listen to FOOLS.. you know what,  " BY NOT WATCHING IDIOTS AND BEING SILENT ON WHAT THESE FOOLS SAY ON INTERNET" is not an option for us. So watch it and rip it apart..  

so please click that word "Prof. Hoodbhoy" in the post and watch few mts of that  tube to see what happened in Pakistan between this greek geek turtle talking physics  and dr, Hoodbhoy.

so watch  at least  "Prof. Hoodbhoy tube" finmad   that is the punishment for you three for calling me an idiot..  finmad

Reply #25 - July 27, 2012, 01:13 PM

Aren't the theological implications the same as "those dreadful hammers"?

The British social critic and essayist John Ruskin lamented in 1851 that his faith was being beaten to the thinness of gold leaf by such rock-bound evidence: “If only the geologists would leave me alone, I could do very well, but those dreadful hammers! I hear the clink of them at the end of every cadence of the Bible verses.”

http://blogs.plos.org/speakeasyscience/2010/11/03/those-dreadful-hammers/

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #26 - July 27, 2012, 03:40 PM

a) my sanity is in check
    b) I dont have headphones right now and dont want any to hear me listening to something that stupid.

However, yes you more correct and if that is what he's saying that would be incorrect (shocker! Hamza Tortoise doesnt understand Physics). However, Given that arabic is a very complicated language (In Hamza's dialect 2+2 can equal 5 because 2 also means 3) I am sure that the quran is correct with with the correct interpretation as well, and it will be correct in relation to any other new discovery or or even if they find out there is no higgs boson at all and it was a mistake the quran will still be correct in predicting that.

It's not that bad, and kind of humorous. Just imagine someone trying to explain something that was explained to him by someone who probably knew a little of the Higgs Boson but not the whole picture.

Reply #27 - July 27, 2012, 04:04 PM

It's not that bad, and kind of humorous.

well that is humorous to those who knows that geek turtle and who knows a bi t of physics., but it is bad and it is deadly to those Muslims kids who are moving their head up and down24 hrs day 7 days a week in Quran  like these...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltsv40vCP7g

and there are millions of them..

Higgs-boson explained in simpler words

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtrOSf297sw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IJQWd4q-cI

Reply #28 - July 27, 2012, 04:12 PM

Hey Islam, can you explain some shit before other people explain it please? Thanks.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #29 - July 27, 2012, 04:16 PM

theory behind Higgs Bosons...

Higgs Boson Physics

Theory behind higgs boson

higgs bosons_ Theory and searches

Peter Higgs paper on Gauge Bosons

This is good to read on Mr. Bose

Peter Higgs at cern in 2012*****************************************************************S.N.Bose in 1925 in Paris working with Marie Curie

Pakistan Noble  Physicist Abdus Salam: The Man Behind Higgs Boson..

Dr Abdus Salam’s contribution towards the Higgs Boson Particle

Dr. Salam's nobel lecture.. Higgs Bososns

And that high school drop out foolish geek Turtle with his brain in that beard and head in that   silly book   The Turtle nonsense

• 12 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »