Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 08:44 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims

(Read 169709 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Shit Muslims Say To Ex-Muslims
     Reply #600 - February 16, 2015, 04:45 PM

You left Islam? Islam is a beautiful religion! You should read ...

*50 minutes later*

...and you should ask this scholar about whether...

*2 weeks later*

...and Shaytan said that...

*5 years later*

...brb need to trim my moustache.

One only acquires wisdom when one sets the heart and mind open to new ideas.

Chat: http://client01.chat.mibbit.com/#ex-muslims
     Reply #601 - February 16, 2015, 04:48 PM

"You're gonna get STD's"

Just like Johnny Flynn said, the breath I've taken and the one I must to go on.
     Reply #602 - February 18, 2015, 12:10 AM

^ I have heard that so many times, Miss sceptical, in arguments against circumcision.

Now I'm jealous, I hadn't thought of writing. Haha

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #603 - February 18, 2015, 12:16 AM

"But the English translation is not accurate you need to learn the Arabic to understand the beauty of Qur'an."

Paraphrasing. "Here the Qur'an has this scientific fact thousands of years before scientists discovered it." *Points to incredibly vague quote.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett
     Reply #604 - February 18, 2015, 12:22 AM

^

*some people make a significant discovery*

*Muslim world scrambles to prove that it was in the Qur'an all the time*

Danish Never-Moose adopted by the kind people on the CEMB-forum
    Ex-Muslim chat (Unaffliated with CEMB). Safari users: Use "#ex-muslims" as the channel name. CEMB chat thread.
     Reply #605 - February 18, 2015, 12:40 AM

^

*Discover Higgs Boson*

*Get an insightful explanation of the Higgs field and Higgs bunsen from Hamza Tzortzis - crowd goes wild!*

Reply #606 - March 12, 2015, 11:29 AM

Most Ex Muslims are islamophobes.
    They hate our deen.

Why are you an ex? Can you not move on in life?

(None of this has been directed at me but rather a lot of members in this forum)

Can anyone provide me with a decent challenge?
     Reply #607 - June 25, 2015, 02:10 AM

My now recently ex gf

I can't be with you because I feel I am loosing my faith and you make fun of religion too often.   Roll Eyes
     Reply #608 - June 25, 2015, 09:36 AM

I've only had one real conversation with a Muslim about it, she posted something on facebook about "No suffering is pointless, God has a purpose for all of it." And I said that it doesn't really seem like that's true, there seems to be an awful lot of pointless suffering, why are there entire families, including children, dying of starvation? Why are there so many incurable diseases that can strike people randomly, regardless of their faith? It doesn't seem like all the suffering in the world could possibly be directed by someone who is supposed to be benevolent, it seems like it's random chance.

And she said basically "there are people who have it worse than you", and I said I'm sure there are, but if you just quantify the bad things I've endured and the bad things other people have endured on some sort of trauma scale, I've certainly been through more than most people. Not all, but most. And just because there are people who have suffered worse than me doesn't make their suffering more or less pointless than mine, and doesn't indicate that someone benevolent is protecting me from having it worse than them.

So then she said "so why do you exist?" and I said that it's not necessarily good or a gift that I'm alive; statistically, we're probably in a multiverse where there are just as many alive mes as dead mes, so it's just chance that I happen to be alive in this universe. If I wasn't alive in this universe, then we wouldn't be having the conversation, so it's a moot point that I exist; it's a given that I am alive in any universe where we're having a conversation, doesn't prove anything.

So then she says "Do you think that you will not be tested in life? That you will live without seasons of extreme hardships and ease? Come on. Who do you think you are to think that your creator would not test you?" So I replied "why would they need to be so horrific? As Ben Sisko said, "It's easy to be a saint in paradise", so I can kinda see what you mean by that, but at the same time, it's possible to have tests of character without super horrific trauma. We can develop morality tests for mice that don't traumatize them or place them in serious jeopardy to see how they react...those are basically morality trials, but they're not nearly as horrific as the suffering in the human world."

So she says "If you want an easy life in this part.....get as far away from God as you can. Stop believing in God. Forget that a God exists. Do anything good or bad that you want. Be in control of the life.  I promise the life will be easssssssy. But your death will be infinitely worse than your past traumas." So I replied: "Good and bad things happen at about the same rate regardless of religious beliefs....I don't see how leaving religion would stop trauma from happening or heal the pain of past trauma"

"It is your choice to believe or not believe. If you say that good and bad happen at the same rate with or without a religion....then you better be ready to be wrong when your soul leaves your body. If you are correct about there not being a God then a religion is not going to help or hurt you. However. If there is indeed a God that wants to test you and see if you truly worship him and you die without worship....yikes. You have to decide what do you want. Since you are in control of your life. If it was me. I would rather take the trauma and use it to earn a higher eternal life than to waste that pain on the belief that I have faced too much pain for there to be a God. I'd also use that trauma to help victims of worse traumas than me. Satan is evil and has destroyed so many people. While Satan doesn't have control he does have permission to tempt us to doing extremely evil things. And God only allows certain temptations to certain people. The true believers used to get scared when they were not facing hardships. Like I said. You can believe as you wish. But be ready for the consequences of your choices."

Me: The first part is just a variant of pascal's wager, and there are plenty of answers to that online. The majority my suffering was largely not the result of my action or inaction, it was due to the actions or inaction of other people (usually the people who were supposed to be protecting me as a child), so how could it have been meant to tempt me? If it was meant to tempt the other person, isn't there a way to set up the test without harming an innocent child? Why would a benevolent, wise, infinitely powerful being expose a child to trauma as a way to test the actions of someone else, when the child can't resist or escape from the trauma? Why not set up the test in such a way that the victim isn't able to experience harm--like why not have it be a limited AI with no feelings or comprehension of what was happening?

"I don't know honey. All I know is that without a doubt there is a God that is in control of everything. That the God has so much mercy and grace. And that one day we will be tested for everything we said and did and intended. I can only hope that you would be strong in this life that is for just a verrrrrry short time compared to the eternal life. I really hope that you don't let Satan destroy you. You was [sic] so very close to getting a huge reward in your eternal life."

And at that point I just gave up. Didn't see a point in saying there's no evidence we can survive our deaths, or that if there is a god, its actions do not indicate that it has mercy or grace.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #609 - June 26, 2015, 03:09 PM

My now recently ex gf

I can't be with you because I feel I am loosing my faith and you make fun of religion too often.   Roll Eyes

This is sad.

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #610 - June 28, 2015, 12:36 PM

-you must have not read the quran
     Reply #611 - June 28, 2015, 12:40 PM

I've only had one real conversation with a Muslim about it, she posted something on facebook about "No suffering is pointless, God has a purpose for all of it." And I said that it doesn't really seem like that's true, there seems to be an awful lot of pointless suffering, why are there entire families, including children, dying of starvation? Why are there so many incurable diseases that can strike people randomly, regardless of their faith? It doesn't seem like all the suffering in the world could possibly be directed by someone who is supposed to be benevolent, it seems like it's random chance.

And she said basically "there are people who have it worse than you", and I said I'm sure there are, but if you just quantify the bad things I've endured and the bad things other people have endured on some sort of trauma scale, I've certainly been through more than most people. Not all, but most. And just because there are people who have suffered worse than me doesn't make their suffering more or less pointless than mine, and doesn't indicate that someone benevolent is protecting me from having it worse than them.

So then she said "so why do you exist?" and I said that it's not necessarily good or a gift that I'm alive; statistically, we're probably in a multiverse where there are just as many alive mes as dead mes, so it's just chance that I happen to be alive in this universe. If I wasn't alive in this universe, then we wouldn't be having the conversation, so it's a moot point that I exist; it's a given that I am alive in any universe where we're having a conversation, doesn't prove anything.

So then she says "Do you think that you will not be tested in life? That you will live without seasons of extreme hardships and ease? Come on. Who do you think you are to think that your creator would not test you?" So I replied "why would they need to be so horrific? As Ben Sisko said, "It's easy to be a saint in paradise", so I can kinda see what you mean by that, but at the same time, it's possible to have tests of character without super horrific trauma. We can develop morality tests for mice that don't traumatize them or place them in serious jeopardy to see how they react...those are basically morality trials, but they're not nearly as horrific as the suffering in the human world."

So she says "If you want an easy life in this part.....get as far away from God as you can. Stop believing in God. Forget that a God exists. Do anything good or bad that you want. Be in control of the life.  I promise the life will be easssssssy. But your death will be infinitely worse than your past traumas." So I replied: "Good and bad things happen at about the same rate regardless of religious beliefs....I don't see how leaving religion would stop trauma from happening or heal the pain of past trauma"

"It is your choice to believe or not believe. If you say that good and bad happen at the same rate with or without a religion....then you better be ready to be wrong when your soul leaves your body. If you are correct about there not being a God then a religion is not going to help or hurt you. However. If there is indeed a God that wants to test you and see if you truly worship him and you die without worship....yikes. You have to decide what do you want. Since you are in control of your life. If it was me. I would rather take the trauma and use it to earn a higher eternal life than to waste that pain on the belief that I have faced too much pain for there to be a God. I'd also use that trauma to help victims of worse traumas than me. Satan is evil and has destroyed so many people. While Satan doesn't have control he does have permission to tempt us to doing extremely evil things. And God only allows certain temptations to certain people. The true believers used to get scared when they were not facing hardships. Like I said. You can believe as you wish. But be ready for the consequences of your choices."

Me: The first part is just a variant of pascal's wager, and there are plenty of answers to that online. The majority my suffering was largely not the result of my action or inaction, it was due to the actions or inaction of other people (usually the people who were supposed to be protecting me as a child), so how could it have been meant to tempt me? If it was meant to tempt the other person, isn't there a way to set up the test without harming an innocent child? Why would a benevolent, wise, infinitely powerful being expose a child to trauma as a way to test the actions of someone else, when the child can't resist or escape from the trauma? Why not set up the test in such a way that the victim isn't able to experience harm--like why not have it be a limited AI with no feelings or comprehension of what was happening?

"I don't know honey. All I know is that without a doubt there is a God that is in control of everything. That the God has so much mercy and grace. And that one day we will be tested for everything we said and did and intended. I can only hope that you would be strong in this life that is for just a verrrrrry short time compared to the eternal life. I really hope that you don't let Satan destroy you. You was [sic] so very close to getting a huge reward in your eternal life."

And at that point I just gave up. Didn't see a point in saying there's no evidence we can survive our deaths, or that if there is a god, its actions do not indicate that it has mercy or grace.

i had a similar convo once, it doesnt matter what you say, it wont make a dent in their belief; indoctrination at its finest.
     Reply #612 - June 28, 2015, 12:53 PM

i had a similar convo once, it doesn't matter what you say, it wont make a dent in their belief; indoctrination at its finest.

Hello Homo Novus ..greetings and my good wishes to you as it is the first post I read from you.. So I agree with you that "indoctrination at its finest" is the reason why  people spend their lives in a particular religious ideology ., Now question is..

Is it same across all belief systems? or do we have anything special in Islam??

and the next question is..,  

The same " indoctrination at its finest" DID NOT work for you and many folks here, So when many of us can come out of that  indoctrination,  why those folks who were indoctrinated and still run around religious beliefs ... religious rituals can not come out of it??  Are their brains wired differently??

anyways .. again welcome to the board

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #613 - June 28, 2015, 07:48 PM

Hello Homo Novus ..greetings and my good wishes to you as it is the first post I read from you.. So I agree with you that "indoctrination at its finest" is the reason why  people spend their lives in a particular religious ideology ., Now question is..

Is it same across all belief systems? or do we have anything special in Islam??

and the next question is..,  

The same " indoctrination at its finest" DID NOT work for you and many folks here, So when many of us can come out of that  indoctrination,  why those folks who were indoctrinated and still run around religious beliefs ... religious rituals can not come out of it??  Are their brains wired differently??

anyways .. again welcome to the board

Thank you for the kind greeting, yeah i registered yesterday and am already feeling at home.

I personally feel like its the same across all belief systems; however my comment was not directed at every individual following a belief system, only the ones who have made their beliefs their identity, their complete way of life; to the point they cant survive without it, to me those are the people indoctrinated.

Yeah i explained my definition of indoctrination above, to me when i talk about those indoctrinated i mean those who have made their beliefs their identity, their complete way of life; to the point they cant survive without it. And also personally i believe its not about how your brain is wired but rather how and where you were raised, and how much education was available.

Luckily for me, i grew up in the UK with a strong educated background and i was raised somewhat of a critical thinking lifestyle.
     Reply #614 - June 30, 2015, 08:27 PM

I decided to keep some fasts in Ramadan, and then what I heard from my mum and sister was "you haven't got enough willpower or faith in Allah. If you have them Allah gives you strength and makes the fast easier"... Now let's not factor for the fact that I'm much bigger than them both and more active and have a higher metabolism at all. Nope. Just willpower. *facepalm*

Reply #615 - June 30, 2015, 08:28 PM

Oh they called me arrogant for saying I don't believe in Allah and the Quran, and they then went on to explain how my understanding is inferior and they have a perfect understanding of the truth. *double facepalm*

Reply #616 - June 30, 2015, 08:56 PM

If no suffering is pointless, how is this question answered?...

I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created parasitic wasps with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of Caterpillars.

Charles Darwin

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlesdar141355.html#pSIuArURyohUI5RL.99

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #617 - July 04, 2015, 10:22 PM

Oh they called me arrogant for saying I don't believe in Allah and the Quran, and they then went on to explain how my understanding is inferior and they have a perfect understanding of the truth. *double facepalm*

Yeah, that seems par for the course for the religious folks! Grin
     Reply #618 - July 06, 2015, 10:34 PM

I was told im stupid for believing in evolution, accepting homosexuality, asking why the universe needs a creator and how we can have free will if god knows everything.
     Reply #619 - July 07, 2015, 01:04 PM

"After experiencing Ramadan in Dubai,  I really can see Allah's work."

Yes,  the slavery and the oil money.
     Reply #620 - July 07, 2015, 11:36 PM

I was told im stupid for believing in evolution, accepting homosexuality, asking why the universe needs a creator and how we can have free will if god knows everything.

finmad

Reply #621 - July 17, 2015, 03:12 AM

My best friend told me that I ask too many questions. The Muslims in my life say that there's a point where you have to stop questioning Islam because it leads to disbelief.

"Nothing lasts forever. Even the stars die."

A for Atheist
    A for Apostate
    A for Anonymous
    A for Aqua
     Reply #622 - July 17, 2015, 03:50 AM

Disbelief and logic go hand in hand. Sometimes it's the little things. Knowing the sun doesn't set in a pool of mud, not believing and indeed knowing for a fact that if there was a first man he wasn't a 90 foot tall giant made of clay, that if women are defective in intelligence why are there women in MENSA (a super genius club that only 2% of the world are smart enough to qualify for) etc.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #623 - July 18, 2015, 12:41 AM

if women are defective in intelligence why are there women in MENSA (a super genius club that only 2% of the world are smart enough to qualify for) etc.

And the thing is, in the hadith where it says that women are defective in intelligence, the "proof" Mo gives is that a woman's testimony is only worth half as much as a man's in court. WELL WHO PUT THAT RULE IN PLACE, BITCH?

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I have a sonic screwdriver, a tricorder, and a Type 2 phaser.
     Reply #624 - July 18, 2015, 06:55 AM

^Funny huh, guys can never remember your birthday, anniversaries, even your name half the time, so how are they going to remember anything in a court
     Reply #625 - July 18, 2015, 09:50 AM

Also funny Mo said women are defective in religion considering on average women are more religious than men. Not by as huge margin, but yeah.

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #626 - July 18, 2015, 10:21 AM

^Funny huh, guys can never remember your birthday, anniversaries, even your name half the time, so how are they going to remember anything in a court

Cheesy Cheesy     That is  a  fact and that is in fact true and that describes me well  suki..

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #627 - August 19, 2015, 08:00 PM

A male friend of mine (who happens to die last month ) has been told: You are not a Muslim anymore ? So why don't you f*** your mother and sister ?  finmad

This is a very well known response in my society haha

Atheist, Moroccan, Feminist, but most importantly HUMAN.
     Reply #628 - August 19, 2015, 08:35 PM

It's always about incest with the religious. You have to wonder what goes through their heads.

Reply #629 - August 19, 2015, 08:36 PM

Dont challenge Allah Tabarak O Talah
  • Previous page 1 ... 19 20 2122 23 ... 25 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »