Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Yesterday at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Muhammad’s Mistresses

(Read 8151 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Muhammad’s Mistresses
     OP - June 22, 2012, 08:50 PM

Guys, this is about Islamic Feminism and is a very bracing piece of writing by Sasha Brookner, published on an African-American women's magazine.

Straight up - I urge you to read it in full. Its easy to skip long cut and pasted articles - please take the time to read this one. You will not regret it.

++++++

Muhammad’s Mistresses

WEDNESDAY JUN 20, 2012 – BY SASHA BROOKNER

Let me preface by saying this piece is in no way an attempt to disrespect the female scholars, activists, leaders, poets, scientists, and warriors who profess Muslim faith. I’m inspired by these women, both contemporary and throughout antiquity: Queen Soraya, Sultan Razia, Sediqeh Dowlatabadi, Shukria Barakzai, Shirin Ebadi, Abida Mahmood, Siba Maraachli, Hissa Hilal, Bibi Khatoon Astarabadi, Yakin Erturk, Sakena Yacoobi,Nana Asma’u, and the Yemenian Malikas. Masha’Allat. Nonetheless as much as I am humbled by your struggle and legacies, my inextricable love and concern for my gender trumps religious tolerance.

Respectfully to all my Islamic sistren, I rebuke the concept of a Muslim Feminist. The idea is as oxymoronic as a God-fearing atheist, violent wiccan, Christian existentialist, or materialistic Buddhist. One set of principles negates its counterpart, rendering it apostasy or deception. This is not to imply I don’t fully encourage Muslim women in third world countries to organize, protest, reform, and begin progressing out of the epoch of 7th century Bedouin shepherds, but they are disingenuous and misleading in attempting to do so under the guise of Islamic values. The doctrines as outlined unequivocally in the Quran, Sunnah, and Hadiths oppose the inherent parity of men and women, so just stop — for my sanity’s sake.

I like Muslim feminists, and I root for them — despite knowing their formulated apologist arguments verbatim. Their creative and artistic attempts to paint a square into a circle bear an uncanny resemblance to nice liberal Christians’ attempts to use the same Bible to condemn the depravity that it so saliently encourages, such as slavery and murdering homosexuals. These women who champion true Islam as the panacea to societal ills in the Middle East make a desperate appeal to the world — with a straight face — that their divinity system is egalitarian and gender friendly. They predicate women to have identical rights as men, which sounds grand in theory, but there’s only one problem; according to the Quran, they don’t. Being from the School of Empiricism, I enter into religious debates with a predilection for opening texts and evaluating sacred scriptures in their rawest indigenous form. Though the Oriental rug design on the cover is pretty, I refuse to take someone’s word that the passages are benign, or be lectured on cultural relativism. The Surahs I reference (below) are direct commands from Allah through his Apostle, the Prophet Muhammad. These are not general guidelines. They are unambiguous patriarchal instructions — masqueraded as theological messages — immutably canonized for eternity in the book of this alpha male deity with no room for revision or updates:

A woman who commits adultery shall be flogged with 100 lashes (Surah 24:2)

A woman who exhibits lewdness shall be put on house arrest until she dies (Surah 4:15)

A husband is allowed to beat his wife if he fears her not submissive (Surah 4:34)

A woman must wear a veil outside of the home or run the risk of molestation (Surah 24:31/Surah 33:59)

A woman must remain quiet in her home, immobilized in the domestic sphere of work (Surah 33:33)

A woman’s testimony in court is only worth half that of a man (Surah 2:282)

A girl only receives half the inheritance money as her male siblings (Surah 4:11)

A wife must be complacent if her husband decides to take three additional wives (Surah 4:3)

A husband can substitute his wives at any time as long as he can afford dowries (Surah 4:20)

A man may take female sex slaves without paying dowries (Surah 4:24)

A wife is like a piece of land and must be available for plowing & sowing (sex) at all times (Sura 2:223)

Tragically, we haven’t even yet entered into the realm of the Hadith writers. They were not the business. This is why I’m thoroughly insulted by Muslim women appropriating my beloved “F word,” as if their prophet’s vision even remotely parallels with that of Matilda Joslyn Gage, Angela Davis, Mary Wollstonecraft, Virginia Woolf, Sojourner Truth, Gloria Steinam, Emma Goldman, and bell hooks. Muslim feminists cling to their misogynistic apostle, seemingly clueless that the dirty bathwater they fervently splash out the tub are one in the same with the preciously clutched baby.

They prioritize Muhammad’s outdated utterances over genuine concern for the safety and protection of a nation of women, even if it means a continuum of the 1,300-year long history of egregious human rights violations. They go to extreme lengths to conceal the personal life of their messianic figure, who at 55 years of age, took young Aisha and her dolls into his bed when she was 9 years old, considered stoning his young wife when she was abandoned in the scorching desert out of fear that — within the course of an hour — she had committed adultery (with a Tusken Raider?) This is the same exalted prophet who beheaded 700 Jews and took their women and children as slaves. How can a leader of such mayhem and destruction have this vast psychological control over the minds of my intelligent Islamic sisters? If he had given women stringent orders never to get behind the wheel of a car, would Saudi Arabian women have participated in Rear-view Mirror Day? Doubtful. These women, living in the margins of existence, continue to scrape frantically for tiny bits of freedom hidden between Quranic cracks. They should just be thankful Muhammad hadn’t entered the automobile era and drove a camel, not a Hyundai.

Feminism is a paradigm shifting so intense it rattles the entire patriarchal framework of history and heavens; even the Gods feel the rumble, abdicating their thrones in terror. Holy books and messiahs are unceremoniously dismissed when their archaic admissions are rendered disadvantageous to 3.3 billion human beings. Feminism is not bearing the responsibility for the sins of man and his caliphate. It does not subside in stagnant satisfaction simply because Tehranian women can leave their homes in Hijab, instead of the stylish amalgam of Abayat, Niqab, or Burqa. Feminism is relinquishing Jehovah for Oshun, Leviticus for Audre Lorde, Allah for Allat, foster care for abortion, and beauty cult for academia. I denounce the idea that feminism can be attached to belief in a male deity fanatically obsessed with keeping women chaste (when they weren’t in Muhammad’s bed), using prophets to micro-manage our sex lives.

There must be something in this vast universe more important on Allah’s agenda than focusing on a 300-mile radius of wasteland to ensure the hormones he gave to the weaker sex don’t get the best of her. Though the bestial “courtesy” known as virginity checks in Egypt may not be inherent to Islam, it unmistakably follows in the motif of the preoccupation with our vaginas, and keeping them undefiled — and we definitely don’t want to be mistaken for Pre-Islamic Arabian tramps.

The West is so utterly mislead by Muslim Feminists that when we come across Youtube videos – where men nonchalantly watch young girls scream for their lives as they’re buried alive in dirt for crimes of chastity — we believe this chivalrous behavior is a) culturally unrelated to the actual religion, b) a misinterpretation of the religion, or if all else fails c) a religious passage that should be taken metaphorically (e.g., Jihad is a struggle within self). Thanks to “The Canterbury Tales,” I know what a metaphor is, in fact Shakespeare taught me what a simile is, too. When Romeo compares Juliet to the light of the morning sun, or when Chaucer compares virgin women to wheat bread, it is considered poetic license. However Sura 24:2 cannot be mistaken for mere artistic expression:

“The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them with a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment.”

For this reason when I see footage of perceived adulteresses having their fragile skulls unapologetically pelted with rocks by their husbands, brothers, and sons, I don’t view that as extremism; I view that as being a good Muslim. The Quran is not so esoteric that readers need secret decoder rings or Rosetta Stone to decipher the message and the “It’s a mistranslation!” explanation is redundant, counter-productive, and ineffective. Why would Allah — a benevolent, omniscient, and prescient deity — have left all these passages up for various interpretation at the detriment of women?

Women’s Rights activists in the Muslim world, such as the late Annemarie Schimmel, often espouse the unsubstantiated contention that Islam gave women previously non-existent liberties such as “Divorce & Property Rights.” The Pre-Islamic Arabia myths are my biggest pet peeve because I’ve studied the works of Greek and Roman travelers like Herodotus and Strabo, who voyaged to Pre-Islamic Arabia, and nothing is mentioned of this barbarism. In fact, they provide more evidence to contradict the idea of Jahiliyyah (“age of ignorance”). You can’t convince me the father of sensationalist history was more interested in documenting frankincense, myrrh, cassia, cinnamon, and other aromatic gum resin than chronicling mass cannibalism. Alas, everything Muslims know about this prior period came directly from the newly self-appointed prophet who zealously labored to eviscerate the satanic culture of Al-Lat, Al-Uzza, and Manat, stole its Ka’aba, and turned a previously insignificant god into a pre-eminent father god. Bias would be an understatement; Muhammad’s stratagem was the embodiment of Machiavellianism.

Even if hypothetically divorce rights were a novel concept under Muhammad, the autonomy to leave your man is an inalienable right — scraps on the table if you will — and absolutely nothing to brag about in the 21st century. It would be like an African American today romanticizing the Jim Crow era because he was allowed to ride on the bus for the first time. Granted, it was definitely a step up from hiking it on the sidewalk, but since the Montgomery Bus Boycott a half-century ago, it gets better, you can now even sit at the front. It’s a little phenomenon called continued progress; so ladies, step out of the time capsule and call me to brag when Pakistan can keep a female prime minister alive – R.I.P Benazir Bhutto. Low divorce rates in Pakistan and Afghanistan can be directly linked to this archaic doctrine (which in accordance with the Quran can only be consummated if a husband agrees to the divorce request; otherwise a wife needs to present a cogent argument to family member arbitrators and/or religious scholars), and women so desperate to escape their abusive relationships turn to self-immolation. Indeed burning one’s skin off does seem preferable to simply using your Muhammad sanctioned “right” to file for annulment (so much for khala’at zawjaha).

That misogyny, inequities, and violence toward women are universally documented throughout historical and contemporary culture is undisputable; however, as liberal progressive countries begin to enact laws and insert constitutional amendments to protect women, any such law in the Muslim world would be deemed an interference with Allah’s code of conduct. This is why Muslim Feminists in third world countries encounter such ideological impediments; consequently, Islam has taken primitive and anachronistic ideas on gender roles and enshrined them as unalterable, leaving no room for future revisions. The Quran may or may not precipitate these maladies, but it most definitely excuses them. Before the advent of God’s calligraphy pen, female victims could always maintain a small sliver of hope that if they screamed loud enough it would weigh on the consciousness of their attacker. Tragically, Surah al-Nisa put God on the side of carnage, giving perpetuators a feeling of sainthood in exchange for sadism, ultimately exterminating any light contained within that small sliver of hope.

Women have been cultivated since the dawn of time; civilization will always be about taming the men. Doreen Valiente, the English wiccan, once proverbially spoke, “As it harm none, do what ye will.” Women are the backbone of society, and without a healthy her, nations are invertebrates. Collapsing under the weight of all the ills, she alone provides the universal remedy. If you are unable to believe in stones, without throwing them at us, your religion is rendered unsustainable, and it should die.

http://www.clutchmagonline.com/2012/06/muhammads-mistresses/

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

• Re: Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #1 - June 22, 2012, 09:08 PM

Afro

I found the comments section quite saddening - it reminded me that it is impossible to get through to most believers, no matter what evidence is put in front of their eyes.

Hi
     Reply #2 - June 22, 2012, 09:18 PM

Its the need to depict the Quran and Muhammad as inviolable by claiming he and it provides a framework for modern freedoms and women's rights that does for them. Christianity and other religions have either been forced to open a space, or reformed themselves to make that space (actually these two processes are linked) for liberal non-literal interpretations to occur.

Or, most importantly, secular democracy has by-passed them completely and privileged individual rights and the principle of female equality over their heads.

Because Islam is so resistant to this, it leads to absurdly claiming the immutable perfection of Mo and the Quran, the literal supreme nature of them in light of modernity, equality, human rights. The honour of Muhammad and Islam is what matters at the bottom line.

So what we're left with is all sorts of absurdities and contortions to preserve this delusion. And so many lies and so much bullshit to obscure this.

That's why a debunking like this is so refreshing.

God is Love.

Reply #3 - June 22, 2012, 09:26 PM

I've seen these absurdities and delusions being stretched out, and preserved in tact across three generations now. Inroads are painfully slow. What if defanging continues not to occur at any meaningful level. Are we stuck with this shit forever?

Hi
     Reply #4 - June 22, 2012, 09:31 PM

Do you think liberal secular democracy will prevail over its taboos? I can only speak for societies like the UK, Europe, America and so on. Things are different in Islamic nations. In liberal secular democracies do you think its possible for Islam to prevent scrutiny forever? I don't think so. Christianity didn't manage to do it, and it had fearsome institutional and political power for hundreds of years.

God is Love.

Reply #5 - June 22, 2012, 09:43 PM

I have no doubt that Islam and Muslims will get better and better at presenting a more acceptable front. It's penetrating behind that front that may prove painfully slow?

Listen, I need to revert to type. Billy, you're so fucking clever. It's made me wonder, what do you do for a living? I'd be grateful if you answered seriously?

Hi
  • Re: Muhammad’s Mistresses
     Reply #6 - June 22, 2012, 09:44 PM

There's hardly anything novel in this article. And the author seems to over-reach and make illogical connections. First she goes on about how Islam is misogynistic and ordains certain punishments, then she talks about Pakistan being unable to keep alive a female prime minister, as if the two are related. She condescendingly writes, "so ladies, step out of the time capsule and call me to brag when Pakistan can keep a female prime minister alive." I mean, really, it's as if a) women in the Islamic world have made absolutely no progress, and b) that can be blamed solely on Islam. What a tunnel-visioned view of the problem. She even explicitly argues that it has nothing to do with culture, when in fact culture plays a large role in maintaining patriarchy and has a symbiotic relationship with religion. To divorce the two is absurd.

To say that Islam is misogynistic is undeniable given all the evidence, but to argue that Muslim women have made no progress and it's all Islam's fault does not follow. There's more to the Islamic world than Islam in its purest form, as if such a thing exists.
     Reply #7 - June 22, 2012, 09:51 PM

I have no doubt that Islam and Muslims will get better and better at presenting a more acceptable front. It's penetrating behind that front that may prove painfully slow?

Listen, I need to revert to type. Billy, you're so fucking clever. It's made me wonder, what do you do for a living? I'd be grateful if you answered seriously?

Have you seen the film Billy Liar? That is my life.

God is Love.

Reply #8 - June 22, 2012, 09:52 PM

There's hardly anything novel in this article. And the author seems to over-reach and make illogical connections. First she goes on about how Islam is misogynistic and ordains certain punishments, then she talks about Pakistan being unable to keep alive a female prime minister, as if the two are related. She condescendingly writes, "so ladies, step out of the time capsule and call me to brag when Pakistan can keep a female prime minister alive." I mean, really, it's as if a) women in the Islamic world have made absolutely no progress, and b) that can be blamed solely on Islam. What a tunnel-visioned view of the problem. She even explicitly argues that it has nothing to do with culture, when in fact culture plays a large role in maintaining patriarchy and has a symbiotic relationship with religion. To divorce the two is absurd.

To say that Islam is misogynistic is undeniable given all the evidence, but to argue that Muslim women have made no progress and it's all Islam's fault does not follow. There's more to the Islamic world than Islam in its purest form, as if such a thing exists.

Yes I can see that her tone might put some people off.

Still think its good to have a clearly expressed missive like this from time to time though.

God is Love.

Reply #9 - June 22, 2012, 11:26 PM

I like it, love her article, love the tone, love all of it.  Afro Thanks Billy.  yes
     Reply #10 - June 23, 2012, 12:23 AM

First she goes on about how Islam is misogynistic and ordains certain punishments, then she talks about Pakistan being unable to keep alive a female prime minister, as if the two are related.

I think the two are related. Doesn't Sharia law forbid women from ruling?

a) women in the Islamic world have made absolutely no progress

What progress have they made Abood?

b) that can be blamed solely on Islam. What a tunnel-visioned view of the problem. She even explicitly argues that it has nothing to do with culture, when in fact culture plays a large role in maintaining patriarchy and has a symbiotic relationship with religion. To divorce the two is absurd.

Well in Islam religion and culture are closely linked anyway. But everywhere where Islam is the major religion women are oppressed more than their neighboring non-Islamic countries, whether in the Middle East, Africa, South Asia, or South East Asia. It seems pretty obvious to me that it is Islam that is the real problem and not "culture". Cultures are constantly changing and adapting but if a book is believed to be directly from God and to contain universal laws to be followed for ever then how can a culture progress and improve?
     Reply #11 - June 23, 2012, 12:59 AM

I found the comments section quite saddening - it reminded me that it is impossible to get through to most believers, no matter what evidence is put in front of their eyes.

Well I am an optimist. Generally when Muslims respond to these things they just say that it is innacurate but they are unable to explain why or how? And if I then ask them to explain why it is innacurate and to back up their claims with evidence, I usually do not get a response.

So I like to think that at least some of these people will go off and try to find some evidence to support their position and when they can't find any, well, I like to think that that at least gets them thinking.....
     Reply #12 - June 23, 2012, 02:08 AM

I never would've thought that Clutch would publish an article like this. I think I've only ever read it for the haircare tips since that was the only thing that stood out as worthwhile reading material at the time, lol.

"I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want."
    Muhammad Ali
     Reply #13 - June 23, 2012, 06:19 AM

This article reminds me of a debate i was watching on tv about gay rights. A well known journalist who happens to be Christian and pro-gay at the same time, was trying to explain that Bible is not hostile to gays.

I was like  jester Believe that crap

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #14 - June 23, 2012, 07:10 AM

No it doesn't. Many Islamic scholars have argued that Islam permits women to be leaders considering that many Muslim women had positions of power during the time of Muhammad. In fact, Islamists in Kuwait used to argue exactly what you said as a way to prevent women from getting the right to vote, but religious authorities refuted that claim, thus enabling women to get the right to vote. Which answers your question:
    What progress have they made Abood?

And of course, that's only one example.

It seems pretty obvious to me that it is Islam that is the real problem and not "culture". Cultures are constantly changing and adapting but if a book is believed to be directly from God and to contain universal laws to be followed for ever then how can a culture progress and improve?

But nowhere did I say that culture is the sole problem. Re-read what I said. I clearly stated that culture and religion are intertwined. To put it more clearly, religion is interpreted through cultural practices. Islam does not exist in a social vacuum. For example, as I have already stated, Islamic authorities in Kuwait permitted women to vote, because Kuwait is relatively moderate as a conservative country and has allowed progress -- slowly, but surely.

What many critics of Islam don't seem to understand is that Islam is not a monolith. It exists in a myriad of cultures that interpret it in many different ways. The experiences of members of this forum are enough to speak to that. The way I experienced Islam is not identical to the way every other member experienced it.
     Reply #15 - June 23, 2012, 07:38 AM

I think religion overwrite culture, grooming ? 
    and watered down syariah law do allowed women in politics, but I never heard em being stated as a prime minister in my cases,  as for the apostasy, it's differ from state to state based on interpretation of islam itself and layer of society, to make em acceptable, practical to some
     Reply #16 - June 25, 2012, 01:26 PM

No it doesn't. Many Islamic scholars have argued that Islam permits women to be leaders considering that many Muslim women had positions of power during the time of Muhammad. In fact, Islamists in Kuwait used to argue exactly what you said as a way to prevent women from getting the right to vote, but religious authorities refuted that claim, thus enabling women to get the right to vote.

Interesting, I want to know more about how this went down and how the religious authorities in Kuwait were able to justify this through Islam. Can you provide a source for this?

What women had positions of power during the time of Muhammad?
     Reply #17 - June 25, 2012, 02:01 PM

Let's not get side-tracked. Women have made some progress in the Muslim world, regardless of whether that's a result of Islam or not. My point precisely is that religion is only one factor.

But to answer your question:

The Kuwaiti Ministry of Islamic Affairs issued a religious edict - or fatwa - on March 19 empowering the Emir Sheik Jaber Al Ahmed Al Sabah to resolve the issue of women's suffrage if Muslim clerics cannot reach a consensus on the matter. This new edict replaces the old fatwa, issued in 1985, which explicitly stated the Koran forbids women's suffrage.

DailyCampus.com
     Reply #18 - June 25, 2012, 02:06 PM

More on women's rights in Kuwait: Wikipedia

Bahraini women have also made significant progress: Wikipedia
     Reply #19 - July 22, 2012, 02:20 PM

No it doesn't. Many Islamic scholars have argued that Islam permits women to be leaders considering that many Muslim women had positions of power during the time of Muhammad. In fact, Islamists in Kuwait used to argue exactly what you said as a way to prevent women from getting the right to vote, but religious authorities refuted that claim, thus enabling women to get the right to vote.

No Abood, Islam doesn't allow women to take position of leaders. Women aren't allowed to be the head of the household and there is a hadith that states that Muhammad said that no country can progress if it has a female leader, when he heard that the daughter of the Persian king has taken his throne after his death.
     Reply #20 - July 22, 2012, 02:45 PM

^ Yes I have heard the hadith about muhammad saying no country with a female leader can prosper. Don't remember which book of hadiths it was in though. 

In my opinion a life without curiosity is not a life worth living
     Reply #21 - July 22, 2012, 03:18 PM

what else you expect from infidel  like that one??    finmad

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #22 - June 29, 2013, 05:21 PM

bump

God is Love.

• Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #23 - April 02, 2014, 02:04 PM

^ Yes I have heard the hadith about muhammad saying no country with a female leader can prosper. Don't remember which book of hadiths it was in though. 

And yet in reality...

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #24 - April 02, 2014, 02:10 PM

What would he say about Tarja Halonen? Or does Finland count as a country that prospers...

I ask many stupid questions frequently.
    I am curious, that's why I ask many questions.
    I am overly curious, that's why I ask stupid questions.
    I lack patience, that's why I ask frequently.
    So forgive me and answer me Smiley
  • Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #25 - April 02, 2014, 02:26 PM

bump

well let me give the list and bump it with Quran....
    004.015: : And as for those who are guilty of an indecency from among your women, call to witnesses against them four (witnesses) from among you; then if they bear witness confine them to the houses until death takes them away or Allah opens some way for them.

004.034: Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

023.005 & 006: And who guard their private parts, Except before their mates or those whom their right hands possess, for they surely are not blamable,

033.004: Allah has not made for any man two hearts within him; nor has He made your wives whose backs you liken to the backs of your mothers as your mothers, nor has He made those whom you assert to be your sons your real sons; these are the words of your mouths; and Allah speaks the truth and He guides to the way.

033.005 : Assert their relationship to their fathers; this is more equitable with Allah; but if you do not know their fathers, then they are your brethren in faith and your friends; and there is no blame on you concerning that in which you made a mistake, but (concerning) that which your hearts do purposely (blame may rest on you), and Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

033.028: O Prophet! say to your wives: If you desire this world's life and its adornment, then come, I will give you a provision and allow you to depart a goodly departing

033.030 : O wives of the prophet! whoever of you commits an open indecency, the punishment shall be increased to her doubly; and this is easy to Allah.

033.031 : And whoever of you is obedient to Allah and His Messenger and does good, We will give to her her reward doubly, and We have prepared for her an honorable sustenance.

033.032: O wives of the Prophet! you are not like any other of the women; If you will be on your guard, then be not soft in (your) speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease yearn; and speak a good word.

033.036: And it behoves not a believing man and a believing woman that they should have any choice in their matter when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter; and whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he surely strays off a manifest straying.

033.037: And when you said to him to whom Allah had shown favor and to whom you had shown a favor: Keep your wife to yourself and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; and you concealed in your soul what Allah would bring to light, and you feared men, and Allah had a greater right that you should fear Him. But when Zaid had accomplished his want of her, We gave her to you as a wife, so that there should be no difficulty for the believers in respect of the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished their want of them; and Allah's command shall be performed.

033.050: O Prophet! We have made lawful to thee thy wives to whom thou hast paid their dowers; and those whom thy right hand possesses out of the prisoners of war whom Allah has assigned to thee; and daughters of thy paternal uncles and aunts, and daughters of thy maternal uncles and aunts, who migrated (from Makka) with thee; and any believing woman who dedicates her soul to the Prophet  if the Prophet wishes to wed her;- this only for thee, and not for the Believers (at large); We know what We have appointed for them as to their wives and the captives whom their right hands possess;- in order that there should be no difficulty for thee. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

033.051: You may put off whom you please of them, and you may take to you whom you please, and whom you desire of those whom you had separated provisionally; no blame attaches to you; this is most proper, so that their eyes may be cool and they may not grieve, and that they should be pleased, all of them with what you give them, and Allah knows what is in your hearts; and Allah is Knowing, Forbearing.

033.052: It is not lawful for thee (to marry more) women after this, nor to change them for (other) wives, even though their beauty attract thee, except any thy right hand should possess (as handmaidens): and Allah doth watch over all things

070.030: Except with their wives and the (captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (then) they are not to be blamed,

Forget hadith.. there are more such verses in Quran where Allah grants as women as Prophet wants., Off course they can not be real wives.. but right hand possess  war booty is all right

any ways here is the list..

Wives

1. Khadija/Khadijah bint Khuwailid/Khywaylid
    2. Sauda/Sawda bint Zam’a
    3. 'Aisha/Aesha/’A’ishah - married at 6, consummated at 9
    4. Omm/’Umm Salama/Salamah
    5. Hafsa/Hafsah
    6. Zaynab/Zainab of Jahsh- daughter in law
    7. Juwairiya/Jowayriya bint Harith- captured from the raid on Bani Mustaliq
    8. Safiya/Safiyya bint Huyai/Huyayy bint Akhtab- captured from the raid on Bani Nadir
    9. Maymuna/Maimuna of Hareth
    10. Fatima/Fatema/Fatimah-Ibn-i-Majah vol.1 no.465 p.255 and Sunan Nasa’i vol.1 no.228 p.224; vol.1 no.417 p.307
    11. Hend/Hind (widow)
    12. Asma of Saba (Sana bint Asma')
    13. Zaynab of Khozayma
    14. Habla
    15. Divorced Asma of Noman / bint al-Nu’man

Slaves/ Concubines

16. Mary the Copt/Christian- female slaves gifted by the ruler of Alexandria, not married but bear him a child name Ibrahim
    17. Rayhana/Raihana/Rayhanah bint Zayd/Zaid

Undetermined Relationship

18. Divorced Omm Sharik
    19. Maymuna/Maimuna- another slave girl
    20. Zaynab/Zainab the third?
    21. Khawla / Khawlah- al-Tabari vol.9 p.139
    22. Divorced Mulaykah bint Dawud
    23. Divorced al-Shanba’ bint ‘Amr
    24. Divorced al-‘Aliyyah
    25. Divorced ‘Amrah bint Yazid
    26. Divorced an Unnamed Woman
    27. Qutaylah bint Qays (died right away)
    28. Sana bint Sufyan
    29. Sharaf bint Khalifah

Now the question.,   did Prophet  of Islam really marry/sleep with all those women? ..  that too in the  last 13 years of his of Islam after the death of Khadija and after he moved to Madina??

I do't know what is real and what is unreal... Allah knows the best and Quran is the word of allah..   well that is a big enough bump .. big enough push for those who are smart and happened to be Muslims for NO FAULT OF THEIRS..

Well I often say  hadith is useless and rubbish but some times I may be wrong as I see some connection  between the verses of Quran and statements of hadith ., So let me also add  this
    Narrated Qatada:

Anas bin Malik said, "The Prophet used to visit all his wives in a round, during the day and night and they were eleven in number."

I asked Anas, "Had the Prophet the strength for it?"

Anas replied, "We used to say that the Prophet was given the strength of thirty (men)."

And Sa'id said on the authority of Qatada that Anas had told him about nine wives only (not eleven). (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 268)

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

The Prophet used to visit all his wives in one night and he had nine wives at that time. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 1, Book 5, Number 282; see also parallel hadiths in Vol. 7, Book 62, Numbers 6 and 142)

Narrated Aisha: Magic was worked on Allah's Apostle so that he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not. (Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 71, Number 660; see also Number 661)

Hmm..   "he used to think that he had sexual relations with his wives while he actually had not"

Well  in that 7th century if they had  Playboy magazine or internet pornography., that  could have solved Prophets problems and ..and may be the planet would have not had all these Problems with Baboons of Islam.

who knows allah knows the best and allah nose is bad . heeeeeee allah  need to clean his nose  to breath some oxygen and  get those those neurons firing..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Muhammad?s Mistresses
     Reply #26 - June 13, 2014, 11:09 AM

What would he say about Tarja Halonen? Or does Finland count as a country that prospers...

Ooh yes, Finland does prosper.

Friends with an awesome girl there. Talking to her made me open my mind sooooo much. Led me being non-religious although we never had any religious talk. Weird....
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »