Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Messages of support

(Read 37015 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Messages of support
     Reply #30 - June 15, 2012, 05:36 PM

Here's what I had to say in a similar thread:

I come here for the people, and the atmosphere. There's a great mix of intelligent discussion, venting of frustrations, shared support, and general silliness. As The Wyre said, there's a solidarity here that you can't find anywhere else, and it's present even if a topic has nothing to do with Islam or religion. This forum is just as much about moving past Islam as it is about Islam.

And it just happens to be truly the best damn forum on the internet. cool2

I've bolded the part that really sums up how I feel about this place. In the early months after I left Islam, I had no support outside of the people here. And even still, 4 years later, there's nobody else that quite understands how Islam still has an effect on my life. I remember everything I learned and all the love and support I received (and still do!) from people here, and how it's helped me grow and change and make sense of my life. And I hope to offer the same sort of support to others when I can. This community is invaluable.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself
    - 32nd United States President Franklin D. Roosevelt
     Reply #31 - June 15, 2012, 05:52 PM

CEMB has been a safe place for me to learn to stand and move forward after the effects of islam..
    it has helped me realize what i need to work on, and has given me a sense of solidarity..
    CEMB has become a place to turn to for advice, comfort, debate, and friendship.. it is in essence giving me what anyone would want from a family.. i have seen boys learn to discard their misogynistic ideas, and girls embrace their strength.. i am grateful to the group of people who couragously continue to speak out..  the voice of CEMB must continue to be echoed for the sake of those who have no voice.. CEMB will always be part of me..
     Reply #32 - June 15, 2012, 06:25 PM

After I left Islam I felt like lost any sense of support and community in my life, and this forum helped me through challenging times when I was reassesing my values and beliefs.

It was a deep comfort to discover a community of people who had shared the experience of deconverting after leaving Islam, and it's been a pleasure to meet so many unique and insightful people.

Reply #33 - June 15, 2012, 11:45 PM

Thanks to everyone who helps to run and maintain this site. It is a great sanctuary for those whose lives have been unfortunately affected by the Islamic ideology. But for me and others it is also so much more. It is a place where people with this shared experience can connect with one another. I'm truly grateful for the existence of this site, and feel extremely fortunate that I managed to stumble across it.

Wish the entire COEM organization the best of luck in the upcoming years. There is much to be done, and imho it's gotten off to a great start.  Afro

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #34 - June 16, 2012, 05:31 AM

I'd like to thank the moderators who work so hard to make this place the awesome place it is, and all the other members who make great, thought-provoking, clever, humorous (like the thread on how to poo in your boyfriend's place), and deep posts and threads.

Even though I lurked around this place for a long time before registering for an account, this place has provided me with a place of normalacy, where I can come and look around and know that I'm not the only one to experience the frustrations, joys, and pain of leaving Islam, and losing one's family in the process. This place is a community that supports it's members and gives great feed-back on life in general and provides me a place to laugh after a hard day. As I've stated before in some of my posts, that this place literally gives me a chance to laugh and destress after a difficult day, and gives a chance to say things that I wouldn't otherwise be able to, due to not having anyone to talk to about being an ex-muslim or the funny and not-so-funny aspects of Islam that I am still shedding and leaving behind all these years later. I am by no means a new ex-muslim, but still, it's something that still affects many parts of my life, leaving Islam that is and it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't have the same opportunities to talk to other ex-muslims. I personally don't know any other ex-muslims other than on this forum, but this forum gives me the place to be able to connect with other ex-muslims which makes life that much easier. CEMB has provided one with a safe place to laugh and let off steam and spend time with other people who really do get what it's like on this road, even though our back-grounds and experiences are all so very different.
     Reply #35 - June 16, 2012, 06:00 AM

Just remember though, for all the thanks you show to CEMB, it's you guys who deserve thanks too.  For being here and for volunteering your own time to be part of a community of support.  You may think you are just members, but actually you are so much more than that.  Big hug

Can't believe I missed this earlier. On top of everything I think I have to thank the staff and all of the members of this forum for being such a font of positivity for fellow members, especially in time of need. Of all the online communities I've been a part of, this one has by far the most genuinely sincere, warm, and just generally nice atmosphere. Here's a really affectionate hug to all of you from me, for making this forum so.  Big hug

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #36 - June 17, 2012, 06:00 PM

Don't know where to begin.. Before I had even registered on the forum it was such a great help, reading everybody's story in the introduction threads made me realize that leaving Islam was an actual possibility. I although I was kind of misunderstood on this forum for a while I found people who were we ready to show me care and support without even knowing me properly. I've never experienced such solidarity even as a Muslim. The truth is I'd feel unbelievably lonely if I didn't have this place and I don't know what I would have done without it.This forum is beyond the internet and I've made good friends who I meet and contact regularly.

I wanna thank the mods for their great contribution towards the forum, especially berbs and Hassan Smiley I wanna thank other members on the forum for making youtube videos, and lastly Maryam.

far away hug far away hug far away hug far away hug far away hug far away hug

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #37 - June 17, 2012, 07:21 PM

CD far away hug far away hug far away hug

For me this forum is pretty much the only support I have. You guys have been here for me through one of the hardest times in my life, and I can never repay that. Thank you all, so much.

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #38 - June 17, 2012, 07:25 PM

CD far away hug far away hug far away hug

For me this forum is pretty much the only support I have. You guys have been here for me through one of the hardest times in my life, and I can never repay that. Thank you all, so much.

far away hug wuv you solara!! <3 damn soo much love here

"its fashionable to be an ex Muslim these days"
     Reply #39 - June 26, 2012, 12:04 PM

I came across this website purely by accident myself, as a confused convert I was searching for general information on Islam when I stumbled upon the CEMB forum. It helped me enormously to know there where many others in similar positions such as myself. People living with partners and families in Islam but having doubts or downright disbeliefs themselves and quietly holding all of these thoughts back. I was even able to ask others on the forum for advice on my own situation and what’s more received plenty of encouraging and useful suggestions to help with my own problems. I would definitely recommend this site to anyone having difficulties accepting their faith or dealing with a conscience contradictory to the belief system, especially the Islam they came to or were brought up in.
     It seems to me that the greatest elephant in the room when it comes to human rights is political Islam. There are very few willing to challenge the subject and given the potential consequences, understandable so but that said it does it make it right to turn a blind eye? I admire and respect the courage and commitment shown by all those, especially the bravery of the former Muslims, who have come forward and publically stood up against this form of oppression. It would be nice to think that one day we might all be able to live in a world that cares as much about freedom from religion as it does about freedom of religion but it’s only through movements like the CEMB that this notion may ever become a reality.
    Be well all of you.
  • Messages of support
     Reply #40 - November 09, 2013, 03:20 PM

This deserves to be brought back.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
  • Messages of support
     Reply #41 - March 20, 2014, 11:55 PM

Bump.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
  • Messages of support
     Reply #42 - October 30, 2015, 12:43 AM

I am grateful that this forum exists.  I can't remember when or how I came here (possibly from FFI, RD forum or somewhere), it's been a couple of years since I logged in, but I was in a pretty bad place at the time and found solace in websites like this, reading the stories of other ex-Muslims and knowing that there are far more out there than I had originally thought.

"If a monster existed, it was buried deep within."
  • Messages of support
     Reply #43 - October 30, 2015, 01:09 AM

I'm glad it has Final Fantasy. There really are so many of us with our voices to share.  far away hug

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Messages of support
     Reply #44 - November 22, 2015, 03:36 PM

Got a little misty eyed as I spotted mchawking's post up there.

I know I rarely post on this forum these days, but I'm so grateful I found this place all those years ago when I needed it the most and got to know so many amazing people.

I love you all and I still dream of a giant piss up one of these days far away hug

• Messages of support
     Reply #45 - November 22, 2015, 04:32 PM

far away hug

As do I Sir Wankalot.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Messages of support
     Reply #46 - November 22, 2015, 04:42 PM

As a new member, I only wish this forum be alive and well.

If anyone wants to keep up with my thoughts, I have a youtube.. And if you guys have youtube, then please connect with me.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMhruZ35281kDEuANjXYcpA

We need all the support we can get. Leaving Islam is the most liberated feeling one can have, so much so that we often think it's impossible.. Leaving life to be very depressing when we first leave it.

"If you don't like your religion's fundamentalists, then maybe there's something wrong with your religion's fundamentals."
    "Demanding blind respect but not offering any respect in reciprocation is laughable."
    "Let all the people in all the worlds be in peace."
  • Messages of support
     Reply #47 - April 16, 2016, 12:04 AM

Maryam Namazie doing a lot of stuff to help exmuslims on every front i appriciate her efforts i would like to say few days back A freedom of expression killng bill was passed in Nation Assembly in Pakistan here are the details as you read you would realise how the religion effecting & killing the  freedom of expression in my country http://www.brandsynario.com/pakistan-cyber-crime-bill-2016-what-it-means-for-internet-users/
  • Messages of support
     Reply #48 - July 28, 2016, 10:28 AM

Hi forum users, the forum needs your support now.

One thing that always help raising money (for the new stuff, the real time support and helpline etc we are planning) is being able to prove that we play an actual role to some of our members, so to that end I would really appreciate it if on this thread you put down messages of thanks, support and if you can, an explanation for why this forum is vital to you and how it has or is helping you.

Like even though I started this ship, I have many thanks to give it.........

I would like to thank the CEMB forum for supporting me through the loneliness and confusion I felt when I was a newb ex muslim and for the support it continues to show me even now, 4 1/2 years later.  I use the forum now for support with personal issues, emotional issues, and even for practical advice.  The members here have made this forum what it is today, always there to lend a ready ear and because we all come from such similar backgrounds we all more or less understand each other on a level I just don't get anywhere else.  Without this forum I am sure I would have spent many nights feeling more alone than I normally do and I am sure i will be a member here until the day it crumbles if that day ever comes.

Thank to all the members who are always here, not just for me but for the other members you help.  You make our job as support staff easier because you as members have become so vital in the support this forum offers to ex muslims.  
    hugs

I want to collect all of your messages of support and take them with me to the CEMB luncheon where we can show people why we deserve financial support and eventually aid us gaining charitable status, so get cracking guys, tell us why and how this forum has helped you and why you want to see it stay.   thnkyu

thanks very much
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »