Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Funny/Cool/Interesting memes, pics & graphics

(Read 560510 times)
  • Previous page 1 ... 108 109 110111 112 ... 131 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Funny/Cool/Interesting memes, pics & graphics
     Reply #3270 - April 08, 2015, 10:19 AM

Made my day.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3271 - April 08, 2015, 10:15 PM

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3272 - April 08, 2015, 11:03 PM

Reply #3273 - April 09, 2015, 04:34 AM

Stan Lee back in the day happily lounging around with a Hulk comic.

`But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
     `Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     `How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
     `You must be,' said the Cat, `or you wouldn't have come here.'
     Reply #3274 - April 13, 2015, 06:13 AM

`Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: `we're all mad here. I'm mad.  You're mad.'
     Reply #3275 - April 14, 2015, 11:22 AM

Reply #3276 - April 16, 2015, 11:10 AM

Reply #3277 - April 16, 2015, 12:30 PM

Nice. Very Dark Soulsy vibe.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3278 - April 16, 2015, 01:26 PM

Glad you like it. Smiley Personally I didn't get any "dark" vibes from it though.

Reply #3279 - April 16, 2015, 01:35 PM

He's talking about one of them fancy vidyier games.

Reply #3280 - April 16, 2015, 02:04 PM

Ah.

Reply #3281 - April 16, 2015, 02:07 PM

Reply #3282 - April 16, 2015, 03:19 PM

Reply #3283 - April 17, 2015, 03:27 AM

Reply #3284 - April 17, 2015, 03:28 AM

Reply #3285 - April 17, 2015, 08:03 AM

I found this interesting.

Reply #3286 - April 17, 2015, 09:01 AM

Interesting, you say? How?
     Reply #3287 - April 17, 2015, 09:48 AM

Cause think that people even if they might not like a strong armed set up, prefer it to a less strong armed set up cause it may feel more stable. People prefer stability to a lack of structure. 
     Reply #3288 - April 17, 2015, 11:49 AM

Reply #3289 - April 17, 2015, 12:34 PM

I don't know if that was necessarily the intended message of that picture, Lily...

But anyway, things are lookin' dark in here lately (to be honest I'm not sure that we'd be giving off a stellar impression with this particular page of the thread to lurkers) so here's a picture of my entire life right now:

Reply #3290 - April 17, 2015, 05:28 PM

I don't know if that was necessarily the intended message of that picture, Lily...

But anyway, things are lookin' dark in here lately (to be honest I'm not sure that we'd be giving off a stellar impression with this particular page of the thread to lurkers) so here's a picture of my entire life right now:

(Clicky for piccy!)

That only works if you don't already do those things habitually, thus it gives you a sense of accomplishment to replace that of the work you're supposed to do. Are we to assume then that in normal circumstances your living space is a slovenly mess?

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #3291 - April 17, 2015, 08:07 PM

(Clicky for piccy!)

This is the BS propaganda we should avoid. I uphold anyone's right to create it but the obvious racist/xeonbhobic image it conjurs is something I hope CEMB is not associated with nor condones. 

No free mixing of the sexes is permitted on these forums or via PM or the various chat groups that are operating.

Women must write modestly and all men must lower their case.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?425649-Have-some-Hayaa-%28modesty-shame%29-people!
     Reply #3292 - April 17, 2015, 08:23 PM

That's more like it. Not to speak for Lily, bit I don't think she was looking at it that way. Still, yes, not a good message, and I think anyone looking at this page will be a little weirded out for one reason or another.

Or maybe not, whatever.

Are we to assume then that in normal circumstances your living space is a slovenly mess?

...No
     Reply #3293 - April 17, 2015, 09:46 PM

This is the BS propaganda we should avoid. I uphold anyone's right to create it but the obvious racist/xeonbhobic image it conjurs is something I hope CEMB is not associated with nor condones. 

That's more like it. Not to speak for Lily, bit I don't think she was looking at it that way. Still, yes, not a good message, and I think anyone looking at this page will be a little weirded out for one reason or another.

Or maybe not, whatever.

...No

I thought it was suggesting that in an 'everything goes' kind of atmosphere without structure people get attracted to structure and the stability that creates. I think this is part of the reason why people bought up between a strict home culture and the wider 'everything goes' culture in the West have issues, I also think that some converts go into Islam for the structure, and are individuals that need structure to function properly. There is less of that in the West nowadays so they instead get attracted to organisations like ISIS which provide this strong structure imbibed in religiopolitical zeal and divinity.

I also think that the Multiculturalism ideology that has been set up does not guard against people doing such things well enough as it has led to not many central tenants in life enforced throughout hence not creating a sense of belonging and stability. It also allows more extreme religious enclaves to develop due to respect for other cultures, especially with faith schools where critical thinking is discouraged and faith is raised to such a degree as a virtue. 

Put the OBL quote into - insightful and potentially in part correct (good approximation) quotes from people with bad ideological leanings.

Reply #3294 - April 17, 2015, 10:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74tNm89bOLk

cool FAT AUSSIES.. too much fat head? ozeeeeeeeeee

You ROCK stacy.. that is the way girl...

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3295 - April 18, 2015, 03:05 AM

I can't help but feel that was directed at me. Grin

Reply #3296 - April 18, 2015, 03:51 AM

Grin No offense, but there is beheading and stabbed teddy bear art and...a slug person if I'm seeing that right. Which is interesting, but all at once on this one page with that comic made this particular page more interesting than usual.

And Lily, I get what you're saying, and the problem I'm seeing with the comic isn't that there isn't some truth to the quote--obviously there's something appealing about daesh et al to certain misguided and susceptible individuals--but the overall connotation of this particular comic.

I mean, there's multiculturalism represented by an oblivious hippie of a white person, distracted and surrounded by flowers while what looks like a dark-skinned and jacked Captain Hook seduces an innocent little white boy with violence and Islam all against the backdrop of a shattered UK flag. A quote by a famous terrorist apparently confirming that that's their MO below. You're looking for the elements of truth in the comic, but the comic itself takes whatever grains of truth are in the quotation and tries to make a less-than-amazing point.

It is propaganda, and it is basically encouraging the decent white folks to wisen up and stop being so accepting of those mysterious foreigners and immigrants, preying on our weakness and destroying the UK. Lord knows immigrants don't need to be further vilified, and we don't need more, as Jedi put it, racist and/or xenophobic attitudes dumping more fuel on the fire, and I think it would be better to discuss and debate the truth of, say, the quote in isolation than spread what is a very unhelpful propaganda image.

It is a cartoon with a purpose and sometimes the presentation of an argument is the thing that matters most. Do you know what I mean?
     Reply #3297 - April 19, 2015, 07:34 AM

(Clicky for piccy!)

That's fucked up.

He's no friend to the friendless
    And he's the mother of grief
    There's only sorrow for tomorrow
    Surely life is too brief
     Reply #3298 - April 19, 2015, 09:24 PM

Grin No offense, but there is beheading and stabbed teddy bear art and...a slug person if I'm seeing that right. Which is interesting, but all at once on this one page with that comic made this particular page more interesting than usual.

And Lily, I get what you're saying, and the problem I'm seeing with the comic isn't that there isn't some truth to the quote--obviously there's something appealing about daesh et al to certain misguided and susceptible individuals--but the overall connotation of this particular comic.

I mean, there's multiculturalism represented by an oblivious hippie of a white person, distracted and surrounded by flowers while what looks like a dark-skinned and jacked Captain Hook seduces an innocent little white boy with violence and Islam all against the backdrop of a shattered UK flag. A quote by a famous terrorist apparently confirming that that's their MO below. You're looking for the elements of truth in the comic, but the comic itself takes whatever grains of truth are in the quotation and tries to make a less-than-amazing point.

It is propaganda, and it is basically encouraging the decent white folks to wisen up and stop being so accepting of those mysterious foreigners and immigrants, preying on our weakness and destroying the UK. Lord knows immigrants don't need to be further vilified, and we don't need more, as Jedi put it, racist and/or xenophobic attitudes dumping more fuel on the fire, and I think it would be better to discuss and debate the truth of, say, the quote in isolation than spread what is a very unhelpful propaganda image.

It is a cartoon with a purpose and sometimes the presentation of an argument is the thing that matters most. Do you know what I mean?

This.

That's fucked up.

This.

This.

Cause think that people even if they might not like a strong armed set up, prefer it to a less strong armed set up cause it may feel more stable. People prefer stability to a lack of structure. 

Speak for yourself, not for 'people'. People are different. Those who are insecure about themselves are the ones attracted to authoritarian regimes, ideologies, and propaganda. Those who are secure in themselves and have empathy and can relate to other humans (i.e. are in touch with their own humanity) tend not to go along with authoritarian regimes.

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #3299 - April 19, 2015, 10:05 PM

Speak for yourself, not for 'people'. People are different. Those who are insecure about themselves are the ones attracted to authoritarian regimes, ideologies, and propaganda. Those who are secure in themselves and have empathy and can relate to other humans (i.e. are in touch with their own humanity) tend not to go along with authoritarian regimes.

There's never been a shortage of these, especially among the young men that are usually targeted by terrorist organizations.

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
  • Previous page 1 ... 108 109 110111 112 ... 131 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »