Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Mehdi Hasan preaching (and crying)! LOL!

(Read 15898 times)
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: Mehdi Hasan preaching (and crying)! LOL!
     Reply #30 - May 24, 2012, 12:42 AM

I like the people at the Quillam Foundation - disagree with their beliefs on god and so on but they are genuinely committed to liberal, secular values.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #31 - May 24, 2012, 12:44 AM

Well if you're inspecting the 'evidence' whilst donning the Viceroy's rose tinted glasses then I'm not surprised by your flawed verdict. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster that you're not the judge.

Get over yourself, this 'colonial' shite is ad hominem. His words are on the record for all to see. And he's been judged by the New Statesman and told his sling his hook. The dastardly colonialist kuffar animals.

God is Love.

Reply #32 - May 24, 2012, 12:50 AM

Indeed, those with a modicum of intelligence will see that he didn't imply all non-Muslims when he coined the negative adjectives, any fair and rational person would give him the benefit of doubt, after all he is fully fledge member of the mainstream media apparatus - working for both Sky News and Channel 4 during his career - hardly someone who'd berate his colleagues in such a fashion.
     Reply #33 - May 24, 2012, 12:55 AM

He didn't 'berate' his colleagues, he fully fledged frothed at the mouth about the animalistic, cattle-like, inferior, uncivilised bestial 'kuffars' in speeches he thought would stay behind closed doors and not be heard by those he was referring to.

In other words, he 'berated', what, 97% of the British people, and then claims to be a person of the Left, committed to the ideals of social equality and non-sectarian harmony.

What a fucking gobshite.

God is Love.

Reply #34 - May 24, 2012, 12:57 AM

Where does it say he was told to 'sling his hook' by the New Statesmen. In fact he's still there: ''Mehdi Hasan has been named political director at Huffington Post UK but will continue to write a weekly column for New Statesman,''

http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/story.asp?sectioncode=1&storycode=49357&c=1

So I guess only the colonial judges want him fired?
     Reply #35 - May 24, 2012, 12:59 AM

In other words, he 'berated', what, 97% of the British people, and then claims to be a person of the Left, committed to the ideals of social equality and non-sectarian harmony.

What a fucking gobshite.

According to you. But please can you educate me as to who you are? The editor of the New Statesman or  the Guardian?
     Reply #36 - May 24, 2012, 01:00 AM

He's been replaced as political editor.

Now, an example of a 'colonialist' mentality is ascribing to an entire out-group of people bestial and animal like qualities - demonising them as not fully civilised, intrinsically so. That tells you all you need to know - your ad hominem is just a continuation of your own earlier revelling in that rhetoric of his.

God is Love.

Reply #37 - May 24, 2012, 01:01 AM

According to you.

No - according to him. His words are on the record.

God is Love.

Reply #38 - May 24, 2012, 01:04 AM

He's been replaced as political editor.

Only because he left, where does it say he was fired? Lol

Reply #39 - May 24, 2012, 01:05 AM

[/quote

Now, an example of a 'colonialist' mentality is ascribing to an entire out-group of people bestial and animal like qualities - demonising them as not fully civilised, intrinsically so. That tells you all you need to know - your ad hominem is just a continuation of your own earlier revelling in that rhetoric of his.

The colonialists will use every trick in the book to assassinate the character of its opponents , well only because shooting them has gone out of fashion - what a shame, huh?
     Reply #40 - May 24, 2012, 01:08 AM

Shooting is what colonialists did to animals, and humans that they demonised as being bestial, like cattle and animals, with no intelligence and uncivilised - basically a rhetoric of dehumanisation - which is exactly the kind of rhetoric that Mehdi 'the kuffars' Hasan used, and you pretty much go along with.

Colonial physician, heal thyself.

God is Love.

Reply #41 - May 24, 2012, 01:12 AM

I suppose the Indians in  Amritsar or the Kenyans in Mau Mau were animals?
     Reply #42 - May 24, 2012, 01:13 AM

Its really simple - Mehdi is an educated man who engaged in the most stupid and, literally, dehumanising rhetoric as a lay preacher. As such, he should have performed a mea culpa and repudiated his words once they leaked out. He could have grown from that and displayed a degree of introspection that would have made most people admire him. As it is he just kind of dug himself deeper without addressing it.

God is Love.

Reply #43 - May 24, 2012, 01:14 AM

I suppose the Indians in  Amritsar or the Kenyans in Mau Mau were animals?

Yes, the colonial mentality towards them certainly accords closely with Mehdi Hasan's chosen rhetoric towards the 'kuffars' who he describes as being like animals, not fully civilised, like cattle and beasts - which when it comes to considering them to be uncivilised, you concur with a little, at least here. Maybe not, in retrospect.

God is Love.

Reply #44 - May 24, 2012, 01:19 AM

Only because he left, where does it say he was fired? Lol

He was 'moved aside' to make way for Rafael Behr.

God is Love.

Reply #45 - May 24, 2012, 01:20 AM

I am no going to flog her Majesty's dead horses  - of which is laden with DNA traces of Mehdi's ancestors: He did nothing wrong, the BBC, Sky News, Guardian, New Statesman and so on see nothing wrong either, otherwise they wouldn't invite him as a guest on their show or write in their newspapers. Only YOU, Who are you? A nobody!
     Reply #46 - May 24, 2012, 01:22 AM

He was 'moved aside' to make way for Rafael Behr.

Proof? You sound like a very bitter man. Did the winds of change leave you high and dry?

Reply #47 - May 24, 2012, 01:24 AM

That is the whole point - the threshold of tolerance for bigoted rhetoric is lowered when its a Muslim guy like Mehdi bestialising and dehumanising people - he fills a niche.

Now, are you still on board with his hateful rhetoric?

God is Love.

Reply #48 - May 24, 2012, 01:26 AM

Proof? You sound like a very bitter man. Did the winds of change leave you high and dry?

The winds haven't changed yet - they're still blowing ad hominem flatulence from you.

God is Love.

Reply #49 - May 24, 2012, 01:27 AM

The winds haven't changed yet - they're still blowing ad hominem flatulence from you.

Cheesy

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #50 - May 24, 2012, 01:37 AM

I would say I am an animal if I get drunk and urinate myself in public while shamelessly  shouting obscenities at random passers-by.

Strictly speaking, you are an animal even if not doing that. You just need to be made out of cells that are surrounded by some solid border, or some scientific stuff like that, to be officially an animal, as far as I know.
    And strictly speaking, there are no colonialist stuff around here either.
     Reply #51 - June 09, 2012, 04:34 PM

I agree Maajid Nawaz seems a relatively (relative to strong theists) reasonable chap, and someone I could propably hang out with. I think he is in the diificult intellectual position of compartmentalising his practical and reality based vision of society and existance with the weirdness that is written in the holy book he claims to (kind of) believe in. A bit like Rowan Williams (A of C) who defends the xtian faith, yet wouldnt dream of promoting the stoning of adulterers.

Perhaps (pure speculation on my part here) he may harbour a secret atheistic position yet is trying to pull muslims from the totalitarian doctrine and literal interpretation of the quran, by kickstarting a kind of slow generation-by-generation softening of the gnosticism that many muslims hold, forming a platform for a future further-softening of religious beliefs, eventually leading to a stronger skepticism amongst muslims. This is purely a desirable hope that I have, not a statement of truth or knowledge or evidence

While Nawaz may not be going as far as (we all) would like by promoting disbelief and skepticism  in unsubtantiated religious claims, I suggest he is certainly pulling in the right direction. If only more muslims were like him.

I feel he may be more part of the solution than part of the problem, and worth supporting (up to a point, I would still debate against him promoting belief in the existance of a god or the efficacy of the quran)

Let us not forget that by opposing extreme islam, he has put himself up as a target for intimidation and harrasment (and worse) by extremists so he has little to really gain from his anti-extreme postition.

He may even be a future  atheist

I am better than your god......and so are you.

"Is the man who buys a magic rock, really more gullible than the man who buys an invisible magic rock?.......,...... At least the first guy has a rock!"
     Reply #52 - June 09, 2012, 04:47 PM

I am no going to flog her Majesty's dead horses  - of which is laden with DNA traces of Mehdi's ancestors: He did nothing wrong, the BBC, Sky News, Guardian, New Statesman and so on see nothing wrong either, otherwise they wouldn't invite him as a guest on their show or write in their newspapers. Only YOU, Who are you? A nobody!

According to you. But please can you educate me as to who you are? The editor of the New Statesman or  the Guardian?

These are usually good reasons to be wary. You shouldn't be so subservient to mass media to automatically accept anyone who is on the BBC, the Guardian, or the New Statesman.  Are they the keyholders to who and what you believe?

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #53 - June 09, 2012, 07:27 PM

"Once we loose the moral high ground we are no different from the rest of the non-Muslims from the rest of the human beings who live like animals bending any rule to fulfill any desire"

This doesn't need to be dissected, but for the sake of the thread, here goes:

"Once we"

Who are we, answer that question and then the following makes makes sense.

"lose the moral high ground we are no different from the rest"

The "rest" being everyone who isn't "we".

"of the non-Muslims"

non-Muslims or 'Kafirs' gives us further insight into who "we" are and therefore who he is referring to when he says "rest".

"[they] live like animals bending any rule to fulfill any desire"

This is what he has to say about those who he doesn't classify under the context "we"

I used to be powerful, then I started blogging.
     Reply #54 - June 10, 2012, 09:39 PM

That is the whole point - the threshold of tolerance for bigoted rhetoric is lowered when its a Muslim guy like Mehdi bestialising and dehumanising people - he fills a niche.

Now, are you still on board with his hateful rhetoric?

Blimey mate, I find myself agreeing with you.

Arthur.
     Reply #55 - June 10, 2012, 09:43 PM

And you sound like a Muslim apologist....

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
  • Mehdi Hasan preaching (and crying)! LOL!
     Reply #56 - February 07, 2016, 02:46 PM

let me see what you guys say after watching this tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hpfqFt-0Q

" In Islam The ends do not justify the means, This idea is totally alien to Islam. In Islam what halaal is halaal and what haraam is haraam. We don't bend our law, or morality for short term gains . Never, never loose the  high moral ground. .. Once we loose the moral high ground we are no different from the rest of the non-Muslims from the rest of the human beings who live like animals  bending any rule to fulfill any desire".. Mehdi Hasan

Yes..yes.. Animals., I certainly see that animal in that fool  with high moral ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8lCtH8aDvt0#!

Yap i see a crying emotional animal in that tube .,  both videos are good ones Al-Ma`arri

hmm............." we are no different from the rest of the non-Muslims from the rest of the human beings who live like animals  bending any rule to fulfill any desire".. Mehdi Hasan...some 4 years ago"

and  Mehdi Hasan  now..  well  people change with time and I hope Mehdi Hassan also changed a bit  and I am glad to see a bit of that change in this interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52sbQoeJehI

that interview is from  Jan 15, 2016  and that rag head is  Jamal Khashoggi, a former adviser to Saudi Prince Turki al-Faisal. .,

That is funny to hear,  that fool  .. that rag head, former adviser to the Sand land SAUD's family.... Jamal Khashoggi..... telling  Mehdi Hasan, "we are supporting the people of Yemen to save them from dictatorship".

Hellllo.,,,. FOOL YOUR ARE LIVING UNDER THE  DICTATORSHIP OF SAUD"S Family rule  for a long time..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Mehdi Hasan preaching (and crying)! LOL!
     Reply #57 - March 04, 2016, 11:41 PM

A New Mehdi appearance on the BBC is going viral when he refutes a Christian loon known as David green I think
  • Previous page 1 2« Previous thread | Next thread »