Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: You're invited! CEMB'S 5th Birthday Luncheon (23 June 2012)

(Read 20774 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • You're invited! CEMB'S 5th Birthday Luncheon (23 June 2012)
     OP - May 17, 2012, 10:43 AM

CEMB will be holding a fundraising luncheon on Saturday 23rd June. If you're available, come along!

Further details from Maryam:

Quote from: Maryam Namazie
    Hello,

The Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain (CEMB) will be 5 years old next month.

To celebrate the work, significance and achievements of this unique organisation, we are holding a fundraising luncheon on Saturday 23 June 2012 in London from 13.00-16:00 hours.

The luncheon will be a wonderful opportunity to meet other like-minded individuals and enjoy a three-course lunch, great entertainment and speakers in an intimate setting whilst supporting our work.

In the five years since our establishment, the CEMB has been a beacon of hope for thousands of ex-Muslims who have renounced Islam and religion. It has helped to break the taboo and challenge Islamism, which punishes apostasy with the death penalty.

And during this time, we have done it all - from helping to return a young woman back to Britain from North Africa where she had been sent as punishment for her ‘disobedience’ to securing the release from detention and the right to asylum for many across Europe. We have also given large numbers of people a new ‘home’ via our forum and meet-up group. Moreover, we have helped to highlight the plight of ex-Muslims, apostates and blasphemers internationally, including Indonesian atheist Alex Aan currently in prison and German-Iranian rapper Shahin Najafi facing a death fatwa from Iran’s ayatollahs. The One Law for All campaign against Sharia law in Britain, which we initiated at our first international conference, has also made waves across the globe as has our unequivocal defence of free expression, equality and citizenship rights.

None of this could have been done without your help. So thank you!

We hope to have another successful five years with your continued support. You can do this by attending the 23 June luncheon. Ticket(s) are £45.00 per person or £35.00 for students/unwaged. To purchase tickets, send a cheque made payable to CEMB to BM Box 1919, London WC1N 3XX or pay via Paypal or Worldpay. Please make sure to include your email address and telephone number so that we can provide further details of the venue upon receipt of payment.

If you can’t come to the luncheon but would like to help, please send in a donation. On 23 June, why not organise a coffee morning or a luncheon party at your home to raise some extra money for the CEMB? No amount is too small and helps us help others and make a real difference.

We hope to see you at the fundraising luncheon or hear from you about how you can help us with the important work that lies ahead.

If you have any questions about the luncheon or a fundraising event you want to hold in your own home, please feel free email me at exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com or call at +44 (0)7719166731.

Thanks again.

Best wishes,

Maryam

Maryam Namazie
    Spokesperson
    Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain
    BM Box 2387
    London WC1N 3XX, UK
    Tel: +44 (0) 7719166731
    exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com
    www.ex-muslim.org.uk

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
    Propagandhi - Failed States
  • Re: You're invited! CEMB'S 5th Birthday Luncheon (23 June 2012)
     Reply #1 - May 17, 2012, 04:25 PM

I might go...see how current climate pans out in a few days...and then will confirm  parrot

Are you going? Do know anyone else who is?

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #2 - May 17, 2012, 05:54 PM

I'll be there with brass knobs on, naturally. All the cool kids* will be there.

*The Cool Kids won't be performing at this event.

Each of us a failed state in stark relief against the backdrop of the perfect worlds we seek.
     Reply #3 - May 17, 2012, 08:38 PM

CEMB will be holding a fundraising luncheon on Saturday 23rd June. If you're available, come alone!

Oh I will

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #4 - May 17, 2012, 08:39 PM

Oh I will

(Clicky for piccy!)

You got me :(

"The more powerful and original a mind, the more it will incline toward the religion of solitude."

"i used to steal my sisters barbies so i could take their clothes off and perv on them" - prince spinoza
     Reply #5 - May 17, 2012, 08:40 PM

Oh I will

(Clicky for piccy!)

Cheesy

Too good...
     Reply #6 - May 17, 2012, 08:49 PM

Oh I will

(Clicky for piccy!)

Alright, we'll make an exception for your imaginary friend this once. As long as you don't talk to him whilst we eat.

Reply #7 - May 17, 2012, 08:53 PM

Yay

dance

Started from the bottom, now I'm here
    Started from the bottom, now my whole extended family's here

JOIN THE CHAT
     Reply #8 - May 17, 2012, 10:26 PM

Cry

Damn you, Limeys. Damn you to hell.
     Reply #9 - May 17, 2012, 10:44 PM

yeah, especially the cool ones. asshats.  Cry

''we are morally and philisophically in the best position to win the league'' - Arsene Wenger
     Reply #10 - May 18, 2012, 06:27 AM

I may go, sounds good.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #11 - May 18, 2012, 08:47 AM

yeah, especially the cool ones. asshats.  Cry

The only thing standing between you and cool is a ticket to the CEMB 5th birthday bash.  Wink

Update: Speakers and entertainment TBA!

Reply #12 - May 29, 2012, 06:32 PM

Bump. No excuses forum folk...CEMB is having a birthday party and it's very rude not to turn up to your friends' birthday parties.

There'll be food, drink, some talks, some magic, some musical performances and a bit of comedy, most probably.

If you live in the UK quit making excuses and show some love. Buy tickets...now! If you can't come, you best have a decent excuse and provide it!

http://ex-muslim.org.uk/2012/05/cembs-fifth-anniversary-luncheon/
     Reply #13 - May 29, 2012, 06:35 PM

I'm going. 

Then of course there will be the 5th year forum party in november.   dance

I love this, we can get pissed at only 5yrs old.  Grin

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #14 - May 29, 2012, 06:52 PM

^In case there was any ambiguity in Berbs' post, she's ordering you to join in.
     Reply #15 - May 29, 2012, 07:43 PM

People in London have no excuse!

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #16 - May 29, 2012, 07:44 PM

This thread depresses me. :(

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #17 - May 29, 2012, 08:15 PM

Venue? It clashes with the Radio One Big Weekend which is in Hackney on the same day.
     Reply #18 - May 29, 2012, 08:24 PM

Just got my ticket. Cheesy

'The greatest glory of living lies not in never falling but in rising everytime you fall'
     Reply #19 - May 29, 2012, 08:28 PM

The venue has not be disclosed yet, as far as I know.

It will most likely to be somewhere in Central London though.

Reply #20 - May 30, 2012, 12:30 AM

Wish I lived in the UK :(. There should be more stuff here in Canada!  grin12
     Reply #21 - May 30, 2012, 12:37 AM

Then of course there will be the 5th year forum party in november.

Won't make the lunch, alas, but fingers crossed I'll be in London for that.
     Reply #22 - May 30, 2012, 01:32 AM

Wish I lived in the UK :(. There should be more stuff here in Canada!  grin12

+100000

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #23 - May 30, 2012, 01:54 AM

Reply #24 - June 04, 2012, 10:14 PM

*BUMP*

Reply #25 - June 07, 2012, 01:56 PM

A sneak-a-peak preview of the line-up at the CEMB 5th birthday celebrations! If you haven't already, get your tickets sorted today. The CEMB are worth celebrating and it's important that as many ex-Muslims support this event as possible.

Join us to celebrate the 5th anniversary of the Council of Ex-Muslims of Britain on Saturday 23 June 2012 from 13.00-16.00hours in London.

Book your tickets today.

Speakers and acts include:
    Renowned Philosopher AC Grayling: http://acgrayling.com/
    Writer and Documentary-maker Gita Sahgal: http://www.centreforsecularspace.org/?q=content/about-us
    Comedian Kate Smurthwaite: http://www.comedycv.co.uk/katesmurthwaite/
    Theoretical Physicist Lawrence Krauss and Best-selling Author of A Universe From Nothing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_M._Krauss
    DV8 Physical Theatre Director Lloyd Newson with a clip from Can we Talk about This?: http://www.timeout.com/london/theatre/article/3198/dv8-can-we-talk-about-thisr
    CEMB Founder and Campaigner Maryam Namazie: http://maryamnamazie.com/
    Magician Neil Edwards: http://trickman.co.uk/neils-bio
    Singer and Songwriter Shelley Segal: http://www.shelleysegal.com/

Ticket(s) for the event, which includes a three-course meal and glass of wine at a wonderful Italian restaurant, are £45.00 per person or £35.00 for students/unwaged.

If you are unable to attend the luncheon but would like to help, please donate or organise an event on 23 June, such as a coffee morning or a luncheon party in your home or a local cafe, to raise much needed funds for the CEMB.

You can also send a message of support to the CEMB to exmuslimcouncil@gmail.com. All messages will be published.

To purchase tickets, send a cheque made payable to CEMB to BM Box 1919, London WC1N 3XX or pay via Paypal or Worldpay: http://ex-muslim.org.uk/indexDonate.html. Please make sure to include an email address and/or telephone number so that further details can be provided. Additional donations are welcome to help ensure the attendance of CEMB volunteers at the event.
     Reply #26 - June 14, 2012, 06:58 AM

Heads up peeps.

maryam has said that she could probably help cover the costs of some tickets for a few members that might be struggling to pay the ticket price.

So if you are really struggling and would still like to come, please PM me and I will help sort out a ticket for you.

The point is to just get your ass along to this shin dig and celebrate the great work maryam has done and the things this forum does, and most importantly, just being a free ex muslim with the world laid out in front of you.

if that isn;t worth celebrating everyday then I don't know what is.......................maybe regular good sex, but since not all of us are getting that, lets celebrate being FREE.   cool2

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #27 - June 14, 2012, 07:01 AM

What about members struggling to pay for a plane ticket to attend? Grin
     Reply #28 - June 14, 2012, 07:11 AM

What about members struggling to pay for a plane ticket to attend? Grin

Cheesy totally in that boat Abood.

Unfortunately even if I had the money to come attend, wouldn't have anyone to look after the kids for the few days it would take to get there and back.

If I gambled I'd try gambling for the money, but I don't 'cause I'm a sore loser and won't fucking watch my money flush away on trying to get more money based on some fucking computer shit that's designed to make people lose most of the time anyway. I tried the pokies twice and was very annoyed that I didn't get any money back and have never tried again, would much rather spend my money on anything but the pokies.  Cheesy And as for scratchies, the fucking shit-heads only let you win $1 or $2 every now and again. So fuck that shit!

I would love to come, but seeing as it's all the way over in Britain have to decline, if there is ever one here in Australia I'll come running!  yes
     Reply #29 - June 14, 2012, 08:24 AM

-

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »