Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The online tests thread!

(Read 16399 times)
  • 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • The online tests thread!
     OP - May 08, 2012, 08:57 PM

I hate to seem like a spammer in this section, but I've been looking through my archives and have found a lot of interesting tests that people here might want to take part in and may appreciate. I didn't find a thread for this sort of thing, so I'm going to post all of my sciency/psychology/maths tests here, feel free to post more (although none of the OKcupid style bullshit 'which vegetable am I?' tests please, try and keep it high brow and from reputable sources), also, feel free to post scores and whatnot, whether you want to show-off, compare or whatever, but no derision or mocking here.

Thanks

A) Reading the mind in the eyes

Instructions
    For each pair of eyes, choose which word best describes what the person in the picture is thinking or feeling.
    When you've answered all the questions, press the 'Get score' button at the bottom to see your results.

http://glennrowe.net/BaronCohen/Faces/EyesTest.aspx

B) Morals - Social Responsibility Questionnaire

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/morals/index.shtml

C) BBC in depth personality test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/personality/index.shtml

D) Spatial/Emotional Ability or the 'brain sex I.D' test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/sex/add_user.shtml

E) BBC Careers Test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/careers/index.shtml

F) The Art Personality Test

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/art/

G) An excellent verbal intelligence test (warning, 60 questions)

http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=1120

And finally, I've kept this one seperate because it's a math test, but this is called Panamath-or the Johns Hopkins number sense test

http://panamath.org/

Panamath measures your number sense and approximate number system (ANS) aptitude. Recent research has demonstrated a relationship between performance on this test and basic mathematical ability

Enjoy, and please feel free to post similar tests and results

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
  • Re: The fun science/psychology/cognitive-ability/maths tests thread!
     Reply #1 - May 08, 2012, 09:02 PM

UPDATED RESULTS

A) (face) 27
    B) (morals) 37.5/44
    E) (art) Impressionism (seems close)
    F) (Verbal intelligence)
    Snapshot Report
    Vocabulary
     SubFacor IQ score = 119
     Subscale percentile = 90

Panamath:
    W.S/accuracy=13 (90th percentile for my age=11, 10th percentile=35), response time, 1159 (90th=792ms, 10th=1275).

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

• Re: The online tests thread!
     Reply #2 - May 08, 2012, 09:25 PM

Oh, I forgot this one

This one is for those looking for a test to measure cognitive abilities (with emphasis on inductive reasoning) better than a traditional IQ test-it's a bit heavy btw so not as light as the other tests, and it does take some time and attention-if you rush it your score won't be very accurate.

Jouve-Cerebrals Test of Induction (JCTI)

The JCTI is a computerized nonverbal intelligence test designed with figurative items which don’t require acquired knowledge. The JCTI has been developped so that the number of items (up to 52) is individually adapted according to the test-taker’s performance. Thanks to the nonverbal nature of its items, this test is suitable for testing persons without cultural bias. It yields with a Reasoning Index (RIX), an age-referenced standard score that uses a mean of 100, and 15 points per standard deviation.

Along with excellent Alpha reliability coefficients over ages (ranged from .92 to .96 in persons aged 7:5 years to 62 years; the value for the entire sample gathering 1,020 persons was .95), the JCTI RIX has also demonstrated high validity. As a result of factor analysis for construct validity, the JCTI showed to be very highly loaded on the general ability factor (.88) that latently linked it to the subscales of the Scholastic Assessment Test-Recentered (SAT-I) and proved to be the most loaded in inductive reasoning (.96).

Analyses also demonstrated that the correlations with other measures of cognitive ability were within the expectations and higher magnitudes of Pearson’s coefficient were observed with nonverbal tasks. As an example, the JCTI RIX and the Performance IQ of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale (WAIS) were correlated at .74 (N=50). Furthermore, the JCTI RIX was seen to be very closely related to the mathematical scale of the SAT-I at .82 (N=99). Significant correlations were also observed with general (r=.67 with WAIS FSIQ, N=50) and crystallized intelligence measures (r=.57 with the JCCES CEI, N=103). According to these findings the JCTI RIX can be regarded as a valid and reliable measure that could be used in the field of education and psychology.

http://www.cerebrals.org/wp/?page_id=209

I've done it myself and I can tell you that it's very useful and reliable, plus since it is adapted to the user, it is far more reliable than an IQ test-fyi, I scored around 125-130 generally.

Reply #3 - May 08, 2012, 09:30 PM

Oh, I forgot this one

This one is for those looking for a test to measure cognitive abilities (with emphasis on inductive reasoning) better than traditional IQ test-it's a bit heavy btw so not as light as the other tests

Jouve-Cerebrals Test of Induction (JCTI)

http://www.cerebrals.org/wp/?page_id=209

I've done it myself and I can tell you that it's very useful and reliable, plus since it is adapted to the user, it is far more reliable than an IQ test-fyi, I scored around 125-130 generally.

I accidentally 93 points. Is this bad? Huh?

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #4 - May 08, 2012, 09:32 PM

I think 93 is slightly below the standard score? Maybe you didn't do it well on the first try? I would suggest you try it a few times until you are comfortable with it and get a similar score, it's not going to give you a score higher than your capability, but tbh, it's not for everyone.

Although I would suggest that anyone taking the JCTI test not rush it and give it adequate time and attention otherwise your score won't be accurate (like I said, it's a heavy test and it's not quick-but that's why it's fairly accurate).

Reply #5 - May 08, 2012, 09:36 PM

I scored 29 on the eyes test

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #6 - May 08, 2012, 09:37 PM

I scored 22 on that one.  The links to all the BBC ones aren't working for me.

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #7 - May 08, 2012, 09:41 PM

Sorry about that, links should be working now

Reply #8 - May 08, 2012, 09:44 PM

I scored 29 on the eyes test

I got 28 (out of 36) on that if I remember correctly, it's not an easy test.

Reply #9 - May 08, 2012, 09:51 PM

I think 93 is slightly below the standard score? Maybe you didn't do it well on the first try? I would suggest you try it a few times until you are comfortable with it and get a similar score, it's not going to give you a score higher than your capability, but tbh, it's not for everyone.

Although I would suggest that anyone taking the JCTI test not rush it and give it adequate time and attention otherwise your score won't be accurate (like I said, it's a heavy test and it's not quick-but that's why it's fairly accurate).

I was kidding, I haven't finished it yet.

Reply #10 - May 08, 2012, 10:00 PM

dance dance

Reply #11 - May 08, 2012, 10:04 PM

I got 37 out of 44 on the social responsibility test.  It said I'm socially mature.   dance

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #12 - May 08, 2012, 10:07 PM

I scored a 31/36 on the eyes test. grin12

Reply #13 - May 08, 2012, 10:29 PM

Awesome, good scores!

Reply #14 - May 09, 2012, 02:06 AM

The Art test was a bit gash. It said I preferred the Japanese style (which I do like), but I should have come out top for Cubism. I think it’s because I didn’t like a particular Picasso painting that they didn’t put my score up for that. Even though I gave Juan Gris (I recognised both his paintings) top marks in talent and likeability.
     Reply #15 - May 09, 2012, 04:03 AM

Reply #16 - May 09, 2012, 04:24 AM

A. O_O I scored 33/36. Holy shit, wasn't expecting that at all. Choke on that, Solara! Tongue

Two more isn't statistically significant. Well done, though. yes

JCTI - 114 (meh).

121. Choke on that, Godot. Tongue

Reply #17 - May 09, 2012, 04:26 AM

Reply #18 - May 09, 2012, 05:08 AM

I don't mind admitting you're smarter than me. Afro

I really set myself up there, didn't I? 015

Reply #19 - May 09, 2012, 05:14 AM

Hmm, thanks for this Sprout, will definitely check this out when I have some time to kill.

Although I reserve the right to not disclose scores if they're lower than Godot's or Solara's.  Tongue

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #20 - May 11, 2012, 04:34 AM

JTCI test result

This is with about 4-5hours sleep during yesterday morning...

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #21 - May 11, 2012, 04:39 AM

Well done. yes

Reply #22 - May 11, 2012, 04:47 AM

Well done. yes

Tongue ty

Reply #23 - May 13, 2012, 05:18 AM

OMG SPROUT I LOVE ONLINE TESTS!!!  grin12 grin12 grin12

I'm gonna beat ALL of you  dance

Tongue Okay soo...

A) All the women in this have really good eye make-up. Anyway, 28/36 :( I dislike this quiz.

B) I got a 29 which means: "Your score puts you in the mature category of social reasoning and the majority of people will have scores in this range. Thinking here transcends the practicalities of one's preferences and exchanges to an emphasis upon social feeling, caring and conduct.

You take into account the consequences of actions for other people, whether for benefit or harm, as a consideration in its own right for deciding how one should act towards others. You emphasise relationships, thinking how you might feel if you were on the receiving end. Empathy is important, as well as compassion.

You are likely to expect others to conform to normally expected conduct, reflecting on "common decency" and will think of the chaos caused by laws being broken. You will value, love and respect others, and appreciate some higher values, as well as speaking of the benefits of a clean conscience or pride."

*shrug* Sounds good Smiley

C) I did the one Godot linked, I got SCOAI (which is obviously the best Tongue But seriously, the ones with R really suck. It's like they hate reserved people). This BBC one, "You can probably cope with things being a bit hectic or a bit quiet but, like most people, you may find extremes in either direction uncomfortable or annoying." Apparently I'm cautious, cool Smiley I'm reluctant to try new approaches and um, there's more stuff... Tongue

D) I got bored with this one Tongue

E) I've done career tests before, usually stuff about science and stuff..

F) Impressionism. I know nothing about art, hated most of the pics, but I like the word "impressionism". Smiley

G) Wow, I didn't know my vocabulary sucked so much. I don't even know what some of the words in the multiple choice answers mean! How am I supposed to know if "hortatory" means "mendacious" if I don't know what mendacious means? LOL! Tongue And the word "bifurcated" is so funny, whatever it means.

This is so long. -_- omg.

Hey!!! LOL! They said I have a good vocab! Cheesy And here I thought I failed. 118, 87th subscale percentile.  dance

And FINALLY, the JCTI: I don't understand this test. It's a bunch of shapes. Like, what the heck? And it's so long! Ugh.

Anyways, I got: 127. This was the longest test ever, I just gave up at the end. -_-

Thanks Sprout for the links! Smiley

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #24 - May 13, 2012, 05:38 AM

Test B (Morals)
    39/44

Your score puts you in the highest category of social reasoning. You will see ethical and moral values as important to the needs of society and will appeal to basic rights or values. You might say "Honesty is a standard which everyone should accept" or "Life is sacred."

Conformity to ethical norms is important to you, in terms of a responsibility, obligation or commitment for all individuals, although you may be willing to consider exceptions in some particular circumstances. You are likely to suggest that with entitlement or privilege comes responsibility.

You will appeal to considerations of responsible character or integrity in others, preferring a consistent or standard practice of behaviour in order to avoid damage to social institutions such as the legal system.

However, you will want to see an adjusted case-by-case application of standards for the sake of fairness to all people. Lastly, you are very likely to appeal to standards of individual or personal conscience, as well as of honour, dignity or integrity.

Reply #25 - May 13, 2012, 05:53 AM

Good one Solara! Smiley  You're a little angel Smiley

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #26 - May 13, 2012, 06:07 AM

Test G (Vocabulary)

You appear to have a very extensive vocabulary. You know the meanings of most of the given terms, some of which are extremely advanced. Your excellent vocabulary can help you communicate and understand the written word.

Good one Solara! Smiley  You're a little angel Smiley

Grin thank you.

Reply #27 - May 13, 2012, 07:08 AM

I scored 15/36 on the eyes test, 121 on the JCIT test (put random answers in the last 10 problems), and 39/44 on the Morality test.  Embarrassed
     Reply #28 - May 13, 2012, 07:19 AM

Test G (Vocabulary)

You appear to have a very extensive vocabulary. You know the meanings of most of the given terms, some of which are extremely advanced. Your excellent vocabulary can help you communicate and understand the written word.
    Grin thank you.

That's great! I bet my communications one will be very low XD I'll try it now, but I know my English/vocabulary range isn't good.

Reply #29 - May 13, 2012, 07:20 AM

I scored 15/36 on the eyes test, 121 on the JCIT test (put random answers in the last 10 problems), and 39/44 on the Morality test.  Embarrassed

121 is above average! That's good, morality one looks good....the Eye test...yeah that's pretty low XD Tongue just means you need to improve on your social skills, observing people's facial reactions more etc.

• 12 3 4 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »