Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Lights on the way
by akay
Today at 04:40 PM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Today at 02:45 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
Today at 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: The online tests thread!

(Read 16420 times)
  • Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Re: The online tests thread!
     Reply #60 - May 18, 2012, 08:27 PM

Like I said, humans are categorisers, we learn to associate things with values, ideas etc, in 85+% of cases those who labelled themselves not racist had at least a slight bias on the test-whether that's a result of media influence, environment, social memes or whatever it exists in most people, not just me.

Anyway, I don't care how my subconscience is, I recognise that that is the animal/instinct part of me, just as my instinct gives me mysogenist thoughts, makes me selfish, scared or gives me a bad temper (or makes me want to hit an annoying person), all of these are things that we need to learn to control and adjust to. That's how life is, being honest about our problems is much better than pretending they don't exist.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #61 - May 18, 2012, 08:30 PM

lipsrsealed Sorry. You're right.

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #62 - May 18, 2012, 08:31 PM

No, don't be sorry, I appreciate your joke and I was laughing as well, but while we are familiar enough that you know I'm not a racist, I wanted to post that for people who may think differently and to clarify the situation. I wasn't 'telling you off', just posting an FYI to the world (or the very small poriton who take the time to read my pathetic attempt at a thread).

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

Reply #63 - May 18, 2012, 08:33 PM

I'll post an FYI to the world too!!! dance

FYI: STOP LURKING. CREEPS.

Reply #64 - May 18, 2012, 09:13 PM

Thank you chepea for being the thread's doorman, keep all the ruffians out, cheers

Oh, btw, for those of you who liked the JCTI there is also a CCAT test on there-

Cerebrals Cognitive Ability Tests (CCAT) 10:

http://www.cerebrals.org/wp/tests/cerebrals-cognitive-ability-tests-ccat/

The CCAT is a battery divided into three subtests: Verbal Analogies (VA), Mathematical Problems (MP) and General Knowledge (GK) of respectively 42, 38 and 56 items. Each part measures a distinct ability, and once taken as a whole, these tasks give a reasonably good estimate of general crystallized intelligence and scholastic ability.

As a psychometric tool, the CCAT shows both excellent reliability and criterion-related-validity. Reliability of the full CCAT as checked by Spearman-Brown corrected Split-Half coefficient proved to be very highly satisfactory (.97). This ensures an acceptable measurement error (2.77 for the full scale index) and a fair stability of measurement. Furthermore, the Verbal Ability scale resulting from the addition of VA and GK subtests demonstrated sufficient level of reliability for being interpreted as an individual measure (.96).

Unlike the JCTI, the CCAT covers three areas, verbal ability, mathematical ability and general knowledge, I didn't like it as much, but according to the research it's meant to be good, it is a bit long, and does feel like a traditional IQ test, but I would say it's more modern than most of those 1950s IQ tests you find on the net, it has around 90 questions, but it's not too bad.

My score (a few years ago) was 150 btw, raw score=82, which was classed as 'very superior', but I don't trust it that much. It's a bit of fun at least.

Reply #65 - May 18, 2012, 10:10 PM

(A) 32/36 dance
    (B) RLUAI
    (F) Your favourite type of art is Cubism.
    In the personality profile you had a high intellectualism score, which suggests you like to think about abstract ideas and have a creative imagination.
    People who are the same age and sex as you are most likely to prefer Impressionism
    People who also score highly in your dominant personality trait are most likely to prefer Impressionism

I hated all the Impressionism art they showed. Didn't make any impression on me. Didn't really like the Cubism either, but it was the least boring out of the lot. I'm not really an arty person anyway so meh. Looking at their research results, it's interesting to see that those rated Cubism high also tended to rate Abstract art high, but Abstract got my lowest rating of the lot! Funny how people's minds work.
     Reply #66 - May 18, 2012, 10:40 PM

32 is the highest I've ever seen on three forums I think, great score! Thanks for posting.

Reply #67 - May 18, 2012, 10:58 PM

"Your favourite type of art is Japanese ukiyo-e."

Well, out of what they provided for a selection. Tongue

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #68 - May 18, 2012, 10:59 PM

Reply #69 - May 18, 2012, 11:00 PM

Oh sorry bro, both are super high scores though.

Reply #70 - May 18, 2012, 11:11 PM

Was just going to say Godot, that you got 33 Tongue

I made my bf take it. He got 20 Cheesy Spent most of the time complaining that they all looked the same Cheesy He also got Impressionism on the art test. Then we had an argument about art, he is drunk however Tongue parrot
     Reply #71 - May 18, 2012, 11:24 PM

[grumble about silly online tests]

Ok, so yes, I like some examples of the ukiyo-e style. Only some examples, though. There are a lot of them that I'm not that keen on.

Also, one of the examples provided (the horse) wasn't actually bloody ukiyo-e. It was sumi brushwork in the Zen style, which is a different thing altogether.

I don't dislike Impressionism either. I think a lot of Impressionist art is very good, and in any case it should be understood in its historical context, which was a reaction against the excessively stiff style that preceded it. However, the examples of Impressionism that they provided included quite a few that I personally didn't find that appealing even if I recognised the quality of the work. Since I was asked to comment on how much I liked them, they got lower scores. Result: silly online test says "Os doesn't like Impressionism" Tongue

And, if my favourite type of art is bloody ukiyo-e woodblock stuff, why do I think Toko Shinoda's sumi work is fucking awesome?

FFS. Bloody silly BBC tests. Roll Eyes

[/grumble about silly online tests]

Reply #72 - May 18, 2012, 11:33 PM

I pass every test with FLYING COLOURS, ya baby Wink ya Wink

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #73 - May 18, 2012, 11:35 PM

You can't pass an art preference test with flying colours, silly. Tongue

Reply #74 - May 18, 2012, 11:36 PM

Pessimist

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #75 - May 18, 2012, 11:37 PM

Oh and another thing.......................

Art isn't just painting FFS. One of my favourite types of art is T'ang dynasty ceramics. Didn't think of that did ya? Silly BBC wankers. Tongue

Reply #76 - May 18, 2012, 11:46 PM

Reply #77 - May 18, 2012, 11:48 PM

I'm not scared of them. I'm just not interested in them. Haven't done one for decades.

Reply #78 - May 18, 2012, 11:49 PM

Reply #79 - May 18, 2012, 11:53 PM

I love how everyone's scared of the IQ tests. Cheesy

They're long, tedious and don't tell much of interest.
     Reply #80 - May 18, 2012, 11:54 PM

Everyone is a comprehensive term. It includes me. If you can get a reasonable score on an IQ test, you should know this. If you can get a reasonable score on an IQ test and don't know this, that might tell you something about the IQ test.

Reply #81 - May 19, 2012, 12:03 AM

OR.....he cheated! :O der der derrrrrr

Reply #82 - May 19, 2012, 12:09 AM

I love how Godot wants to suck everyone into posting IQ test results, so he can count up all the people who are "dumber" than he is. Cheesy

Reply #83 - May 19, 2012, 12:10 AM

Anyway, Art Nouveau and Art Deco were two of the great art movements of the 20th century. Why weren't they in the art preference test?

Bloody silly BBC wankers. dance

Reply #84 - May 19, 2012, 12:11 AM

Well by that I'm dumber than he is. Feels good man. Undecided

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #85 - May 19, 2012, 12:20 AM

Don't worry. Everyone's dumber than Godot, so you're in good company. Wink

Reply #86 - May 19, 2012, 12:26 AM

Yeah, but everybody's smarter than me. Wink

Life is what happens to you while you're staring at your smartphone.

Eternal Sunshine of the Religionless Mind
     Reply #87 - May 19, 2012, 01:20 AM

[grumble about silly online tests]

Ok, so yes, I like some examples of the ukiyo-e style. Only some examples, though. There are a lot of them that I'm not that keen on.

Also, one of the examples provided (the horse) wasn't actually bloody ukiyo-e. It was sumi brushwork in the Zen style, which is a different thing altogether.

I don't dislike Impressionism either. I think a lot of Impressionist art is very good, and in any case it should be understood in its historical context, which was a reaction against the excessively stiff style that preceded it. However, the examples of Impressionism that they provided included quite a few that I personally didn't find that appealing even if I recognised the quality of the work. Since I was asked to comment on how much I liked them, they got lower scores. Result: silly online test says "Os doesn't like Impressionism" Tongue

And, if my favourite type of art is bloody ukiyo-e woodblock stuff, why do I think Toko Shinoda's sumi work is fucking awesome?

FFS. Bloody silly BBC tests. Roll Eyes

[/grumble about silly online tests]

*SOME*one can't handle finding their views of themselves challenged. Cheesy Cheesy

Reply #88 - May 19, 2012, 01:21 AM

While I'm in the mood for ranting.......... Old geezer grin12

The BBC test pages say this: "This experiment was developed by UK psychologists to help them understand how personality and art preference interact. We collected over 100,000 results for their study."

Honestly, what useful conclusions could they possibly draw from such poor quality data? It seems to say more about the poor experimental technique of UK psychologists than anything else. If they are actually trying to use this stuff as a basis for pubic policy or therapeutic techniques, no wonder the place is so fuckered. Cheesy

Reply #89 - May 19, 2012, 01:22 AM

I like the BBC.  finmad

• Previous page 1 2 34 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »