Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
May 04, 2024, 07:58 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
May 03, 2024, 10:35 AM

New Britain
May 03, 2024, 08:21 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
May 02, 2024, 04:16 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 30, 2024, 06:51 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 27, 2024, 08:30 AM

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 02:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 08:02 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 05:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 08:06 AM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 05:44 AM

Theme Changer

Topic: Taliban force about 50 Afghan schools to close says news

(Read 1065 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Taliban force about 50 Afghan schools to close says news
     OP - May 11, 2012, 09:34 AM

Taliban force about 50 Afghan schools to close  says news

The Taliban this week have shuttered or partially shuttered about 50 schools in southeastern Afghanistan, a bold display of the insurgency's power in a part of the country now at the center of the American war effort.

The closings apparently came in response to an Afghan government decision to ban motorcycles in the southern districts of Ghazni province. Officials in Ghazni outlawed their use last fall after insurgents used unmarked bikes to carry out attacks on civilians and local authorities.

The ban, which is supported by the United States and its allies, has drastically restricted the insurgency's movement, according to Afghan security officials, and added to existing friction between the Taliban and the government.

Militants responded this week by warning educators and families to keep children at home, Afghan officials said. The message spread quickly through traditional social networks. Of the 36,000 students who usually attend schools in southern Ghazni, about half have yielded to the Taliban threat, officials said.

"In response to the motorcycle ban, they spread the message through elders and mosques saying children should not go to school,"
    said an official at the Afghan education ministry.

great.. as long as we grow tailbones we will be acting like Monkeys and baboons  we got to evolve out of that monkey skin..

That picture is  from 2012  where Afghan women clad in burqa walk up a hill at the old part of Kabul .....  I wonder what will happen if  US withdraws all its troops out of that land....

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »