Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: I won't let you talk about Mo like that

(Read 2378 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • I won't let you talk about Mo like that
     OP - May 06, 2012, 02:20 PM

What a lovely begining of Sunday...

Apparently I am going to loose a good friend of mine because I don't think that Mo was the best thing that ever happened on planet Earth.  Cry

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
  • Re: I won't let you talk about Mo like that
     Reply #1 - May 06, 2012, 04:02 PM

far away hug

It sucks to lose a close friend, but then again, if they are willing to break friendship so easily, are they really good people to have as friends?

Personally, I can't stand religious numpties, so I find new friends and keep my distance from the numpties, so if they don't like my views, I don't care.

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #2 - May 06, 2012, 04:38 PM

Merry_Squirell   says..
    Yes, that little fucking read dot should be made green

Trust me.,  in my life time  that green slime will disappear and you will see red every where

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #3 - May 06, 2012, 05:42 PM

Well i try to be open-minded, polite, willing to listen, i've been debating with various muslims, even wahabbis...I hate it when people tell me i've been brainwashed by media. Actually i've spent more time on muslim forums, blogs and news pages than others.

But i guess that's life...I can't accept that someone value cold distant being up in sky or centuries-old-an-dead prophets above real live persons.

Isn't it funny how cats can understand people without ever reading a single psychology book?
     Reply #4 - May 06, 2012, 05:44 PM

Is Mo really better than Roger Bacon? Da Vinci? Michelangelo? Hawking?  parrot

Reply #5 - May 06, 2012, 06:08 PM

It's sad when things like this happen, but maybe they weren't a real friend in the first place? If they're willing to break ties over something so small...
     Reply #6 - May 06, 2012, 06:58 PM

Merry_Squirell   says..
    (Clicky for piccy!)

Trust me.,  in my life time  that green slime will disappear and you will see red every where

uh oh,  how old are you yeez ?
    my green country in it, do you really believe what you said ?
    I don't get it, the green and red, it symbolize what ? there's no pointer in da map

as fer the topic, I'm sorry to hear that your friend prefer mo over you, mo is too perfect for a being , that's why people died, that I dislike ,I'm no good with words, so my condolences
     Reply #7 - May 06, 2012, 07:05 PM

uh oh,  how old are you yeez ?
    my green country in it, do you really believe what you said ?
    I don't get it, the green and red, it symbolize what ? there's no pointer in da map

as fer the topic, I'm sorry to hear that your friend prefer mo over you, mo is too perfect for a being , that's why people died, that I dislike ,I'm no good with words, so my condolences

Hmm.. Your county is green??  Well let us make it red..., Yeez is Life with freedom, the only restriction is Golden rule., it will live as long as life lives on this planet  or  on other planets..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #8 - May 07, 2012, 12:25 AM

Well Religion is one of those scared things you don't talk bad about. Even if what you said were true.
     Reply #9 - May 07, 2012, 04:51 AM

Hmm.. Your county is green??  Well let us make it red..., Yeez is Life with freedom, the only restriction is Golden rule., it will live as long as life lives on this planet  or  on other planets..

grin12
    yeez I like a lotsaaaa

this 'golden rule' , I like alsooo

Walter Terence Stace, in The Concept of Morals (1937), wrote:
    Mr. Bernard Shaw's remark "Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may be different" is no doubt a smart saying. But it seems to overlook the fact that "doing as you would be done by" includes taking into account your neighbor's tastes as you would that he should take yours into account. Thus the "golden rule" might still express the essence of a universal morality even if no two men in the world had any needs or tastes in common.[74]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Rule#_

Well Religion is one of those scared things you don't talk bad about. Even if what you said were true.

I no feel scared, I feel terror
     Reply #10 - May 07, 2012, 06:23 PM

It is sad... but ultimately you have to ask if they are your friends anyways.
    The same goes for family to a certain extent.

I've cut off parts of my extended family... just because their whole life revolves around Islam.  We don't have anything in common other than blood.  I'm polite when I have to deal with them, but I try not to.  Can't even go to dinner without them ushering in a jamat namaaz.

The ones who I can go over and have a good dinner with and just keep religion out of it... we still have a good time as people.  If they want to pray, they don't bother me, and they go upstairs and pray.  Everything's good.

What are your views on Mohamed?  Did you come out swinging calling him a child molester and tyrant?  Well then expect some people to be rightfully offended and perhaps cut you off.  You've offended their core beliefs.

But if you just don't think he was perfect and worth emulating for eternity... and you choose to simply live a different life.  And they don't tolerate that... then well... good riddens... they weren't really your friends.

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »