Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 04:17 AM

Qur'anic studies today
by zeca
Yesterday at 07:11 PM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
Yesterday at 06:39 PM

New Britain
Yesterday at 05:41 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
Yesterday at 05:47 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Ex-Muslim killed a Muslim who attacked him with a knife

(Read 2004 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Ex-Muslim killed a Muslim who attacked him with a knife
     OP - May 23, 2012, 06:05 PM

An Ex-Muslim from Afghanistan killed a Somali Muslim after the latter attacked him for converting to Christianity. This happened at a center for asylum seekers. According to him (and his friend) it was nødverge (self-defense).  The same Afghan was attacked by Muslims last year. He was attacked with boiling water. The case was dropped by the court.

This is what happens when Western government doesn't take what happens to Ex-Muslim serious. This is a serious tragedy for all parts. There have been documentaries both in UK (Channel 4) and Denmark (Jylland-Posten) which shows that thousands of Ex-Muslims live in danger for their lives.

If you don't understand Norwegian, I recommend you to use Google Chrome or Google translate. Here is the article: www.bt.no/nyheter/lokalt/Drapssiktede-sier-han-ble-angrepet-2709139.html

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
  • Re: Ex-Muslim killed a Muslim who attacked him with a knife
     Reply #1 - May 23, 2012, 06:15 PM

Disturbing news.

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #2 - May 23, 2012, 06:22 PM

This is what happens when Western government doesn't take what happens to Ex-Muslim serious. This is a serious tragedy for all parts. There have been documentaries both in UK (Channel 4) and Denmark (Jylland-Posten) which shows that thousands of Ex-Muslims live in danger for their lives.

The problem is this. When you start to admit to these kinds of issues, governments and civil society responds in two ways. First of all, with fear at the prospect of being called 'Islamophobic'

Secondly, and more understandable, they fear that highlighting these issues plays into the hands of the far-right.

In a way these impulses are both self-reinforcing. And so there is a tendency to not speak about the elephant in the room.

However the outcome is that these problems don't dissapear. They just grow bigger without addressing them in the open. Unfortunately we haven't really reached a stage in which they are discussed fully. Government and civil society, liberals and so on, are more eager to go the other route and not just ignore, but carry out hagiography on the premiss that doing so will make everything OK. Except, it never works like that.

Every time Muslims carry out dawah, and prosletysing, they do so in the knowledge that this reality of fear amongst ex Muslims and non Muslims hangs over them, enabling their rhetoric to go unopposed.

At some point its going to have to be addressed.

God is Love.

Reply #3 - May 23, 2012, 06:24 PM

This is what Julie Bindel wrote a few years ago on the subject of grooming gangs in the north of England. It applies to this issue, as well as more widely on the issues of religious extremism too.

These gangs will be allowed to operate with impunity if we deny their existence in some sort of twisted attempt to be anti-racist and culturally sensitive. Some people, including many white liberals, are loath to admit what it is going on. If we do not tackle the problem head-on, and work together to combat this dreadful abuse of children, the only beneficiaries will be the extremists.

God is Love.

Reply #4 - May 23, 2012, 08:12 PM

Can't find the exact words but Ayaan Hirsi Ali said it is racist not to challenge this stuff because not challenging  it says this behaviour is acceptable for those people, and they need to be exempted from ordinary standards.

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #5 - May 23, 2012, 08:18 PM

I don't understand how people can hate each other so much... :(

"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl

'Life is just the extreme expression of complex chemistry' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
     Reply #6 - May 23, 2012, 09:43 PM

Kudos to the ex-Muslim if this was self-defence.  I would have done the same thing.  To the dead fundie I say: you live by the sword, you die by the sword. parrot

"Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so." -- Bertrand Russell

Baloney Detection Kit
     Reply #7 - May 23, 2012, 09:48 PM

Yup.

Devious, treacherous, murderous, neanderthal, sub-human of the West. bunny
     Reply #8 - May 23, 2012, 09:51 PM

Kudos to the ex-Muslim if this was self-defence.  I would have done the same thing.  To the dead fundie I say: you live by the sword, you die by the sword. parrot

Harsh but fair. 

"Befriend them not, Oh murtads, and give them neither parrot nor bunny."  - happymurtad's advice on trolls.
     Reply #9 - May 23, 2012, 09:54 PM

The only thing bullies understand is fear.

Reply #10 - May 23, 2012, 10:07 PM

The problem is this. When you start to admit to these kinds of issues, governments and civil society responds in two ways. First of all, with fear at the prospect of being called 'Islamophobic'

I'm not sure how the ideals relating to that category still got instated but looking around and seeing how not so intensive people are as thinkers, it may be my lack of empathy with them.

"I measured the skies, now the shadows I measure,
    Sky-bound was the mind, earth-bound the body rests."
    [Kepler's epitaph]
     Reply #11 - May 23, 2012, 10:14 PM

Afro, good stuff, IMO if any trial is brought about it will be a waste of money. Good riddance to him I say.
     Reply #12 - May 23, 2012, 11:33 PM

I hope the ex-muslim get will now get protection, and especially that he will get asylum. I mean, how can anyone deny that he is in danger due to his religious conviction now that he was attacked twice because of them ? What's that non-sense ? He got explicitly  published in newspaper and on the internet as an ex-muslim, goddammit ! I don't know if the newspaper give his name, but I don't think they can prevent it from leaking somewhere else…
     Reply #13 - May 23, 2012, 11:37 PM

I have followed this case since last year. We will see what happen. So far the news are saying its second degree murder.

An article on what happened last summer:

A an ex-Muslim convert to Christianity was attacked with boiling water and acid by fellow detainees in Norway, according to Mohabat, the Iranian Christian news agency.

He was attacked by fellow countrymen who are Muslims at an “asylum reception center” in Norway on Friday, according to Mohabat, which serves Farsi-speaking Christians in Iran as well as nearby countries.

“‘Ali’ (not his real name), an asylum seeker in an immigration center in Jaeren, Norway, had boiling water poured over him after he would not comply with Ramadan fasting rules. He and the other converts at the center now fear for their lives. ‘If you do not return to Islam, we will kill you,’ was the message from the other asylum seekers at the Asylum Reception in Hå, in the Jaeren region of Norway,” Mohabat reported.

He refuses to disclose his real name for fear of further reprisals from them. If Afghan authorities found out about the incident and he were to be subsequently deported [back to Afghanistan] he risks being sentenced to death by stoning, he claims. Ali, his face distorted in pain, nevertheless maintains a calm voice as he told his story to Mohabat:

“Two of the Muslim residents asked why I had not fasted during Ramadan. When I would not answer, they began to discuss the matter. One of them said that he knew I was Muslim and converted to Christianity, and that they had to engage in Jihad.”

One resident held Ali while another struck him in the back of the head with a pot of boiling water and Ali collapsed to the floor. Several other Muslim residents joined the commotion. A third man walked into Ali’s room and began to trash it.

The police arrived, but only an hour later – the damage already done.

“I was still on the floor when police arrived. I told them a little, but was in too much pain to talk, so I was taken to hospital.

After a night in the hospital, Ali went back to the reception center, knowing that danger had not passed. When he checked, the door handle to his room turned out to be covered with an acidic substance that causes burns on contact.

He summoned the staff who washed away the chemical, but the Christian Afghan feel still does not feel safe.

“They’re really killing me,” he said in a message sent to Mohabat, ”and they will not rest until they have done it.”

http://blog.beliefnet.com/news/2011/08/afghan-convert-to-christianity-attacked-at-norway-asylum-reception-center.php

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all
            Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

- John Keats
     Reply #14 - May 23, 2012, 11:42 PM

Well if it's second degree murder, put the Norwegian authorities on trial. They're the ones who put him back in the detention centre.

Reply #15 - May 24, 2012, 01:53 AM

Good on the guy for protecting his life however he could! Glad he got off, as what is a person to do when someone is intent on killing them?

It's ridiculous though that the guy had to get to that point to protect himself, why does the law stand back in so many situations like this and just wait 'till worst comes to worst? Why should it come down to him having to kill the person trying to kill him? Why haven't they protected him? And why is he still in the asylum centre? He is obviously at huge risk for his life considering there have been death threats within the centre itself, so why didn't they do anything to protect him?

What are they doing to protect him and the other converts in the asylum centre now?
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »