Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
Today at 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: possible source for stretching heavens and canopy/tent

(Read 1831 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • possible source for stretching heavens and canopy/tent
     OP - July 25, 2012, 03:40 PM

Bible Isaiah 40:22
    He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
        and its people are like grasshoppers.
    He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
        and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2040:22&version=NIV

Disbelief doesn't justify getting tortured in eternal hell
  • Re: possible source for stretching heavens and canopy/tent
     Reply #1 - July 25, 2012, 03:41 PM

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth,
        and its people are like grasshoppers.
    He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
        and spreads them out like a tent to live in.

Hmm another day we find another verse  is Plagiarized from bible.

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #2 - July 25, 2012, 04:14 PM

Do not go there!

http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/febible.htm

When I first became interested in the flat-earthers in the early 1970s, I was surprised to learn that flat-earthism in the English-speaking world is and always has been entirely based upon the Bible. I have since assembled and read an extensive collection of flat-earth literature. The Biblical arguments for flat-earthism that follow come mainly from my reading of flat-earth literature, augmented by my own reading of the Bible.

Except among Biblical inerrantists, it is generally agreed that the Bible describes an immovable earth. At the 1984 National Bible-Science Conference in Cleveland, geocentrist James N. Hanson told me there are hundreds of scriptures that suggest the earth is immovable. I suspect some must be a bit vague, but here are a few obvious texts:

1 Chronicles 16:30: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable.”
    Psalm 93:1: “Thou hast fixed the earth immovable and firm ...”
    Psalm 96:10: “He has fixed the earth firm, immovable ...”
    Psalm 104:5: “Thou didst fix the earth on its foundation so that it never can be shaken.”
    Isaiah 45:18: “...who made the earth and fashioned it, and himself fixed it fast...”
    Suffice to say that the earth envisioned by flat-earthers is as immovable as any geocentrist could desire. Most (perhaps all) scriptures commonly cited by geocentrists have also been cited by flat-earthers. The flat-earth view is geocentricity with further restrictions.

Is the koran geocentric and flat earthy?

and hey, don't be hard on Allah, he was getting senile and repeating himself!

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

"We cannot slaughter each other out of the human impasse"
     Reply #3 - July 25, 2012, 04:15 PM

Are there flat earth geocentric Muslims?

When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.

A.A. Milne,

Reply #4 - July 25, 2012, 04:19 PM

27:61 Is not He (best) Who made the earth a fixed abode, and placed rivers in the folds thereof, and placed firm hills therein, and hath set a barrier between the two seas ? Is there any God beside Allah ? Nay, but most of them know not!

Reply #5 - July 25, 2012, 04:20 PM

No muslims are very clever in twisting arabic and escape by just calling it wrong interpretation ....but quran clearly says he Spreaded out the earth....earth is like carpet....earth is ground etc etc

Reply #6 - July 25, 2012, 05:38 PM

Is it not time to create some more Islamic sects?  I strongly recommend koran only flat earth geocentic young earth creationists!

Imagine critiquing the Islamic creationists as heretical and not listening to the koran properly!  I get the impression Islam has not really started on the wondrous game of creating sects as xianity has!

Where are the pentecostal Muslims?

A.A. Milne,

Reply #7 - July 26, 2012, 02:46 AM

That Egg shaped earth thing is so easy to debunk, it is so lame that even DawahFilms admitted in his Vids that Dahaha does not by any means mean Egg Shaped but u still have lame muslims insisting that it does mean egg shaped, so pathetic.

Reply #8 - July 27, 2012, 06:35 AM

Yes, of course. I mean granted to find a 'flat earther' of any stripe isnt going to be easy for you today, as anyone that completely idiotic isnt someone you are likely to run into in your day to day unless you are a nomad running around Mauritania (where members of their ulama have said it themselves), or Boko Haram in Nigeria who is preaching it right now. Then there was of course Old Ibn Baz who was vice-president of the Islamic University of Medina and Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia , who wrote an article denouncing Riyadh University for teaching the "falsehood" that the earth rotates and orbits the sun" (that pissed the princes off something fierce).

and just for fun:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wppjYDj9JUc

The foundation of superstition is ignorance, the
    superstructure is faith and the dome is a vain hope. Superstition
    is the child of ignorance and the mother of misery.
    -Robert G. Ingersoll (1898)

"Do time ninjas have this ability?" "Yeah. Only they stay silent and aren't douchebags."  -Ibl
     Reply #9 - July 27, 2012, 10:57 AM

Yes, of course

But where is the demarcation point?

Is that guy's point arguable from the koran?  If so, should not all Muslims be flat earth geocentrists?  The reality for literal xians is that they have to be; as the Koran is stronger than xianity about it being the word of God, does that not mean Muslims must be flat earthers?

A.A. Milne,

Reply #10 - July 27, 2012, 10:58 AM

I am only stretching the heavens until they break!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #11 - July 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

Think of it, CEMB could do something wonderful for Islam!  Show clearly that the only true Muslim is a flat earth geocentic one!

A.A. Milne,

Reply #12 - July 27, 2012, 11:37 AM

Is it not time to create some more Islamic sects?  I strongly recommend koran only flat earth geocentic young earth creationists!

Imagine critiquing the Islamic creationists as heretical and not listening to the koran properly!  I get the impression Islam has not really started on the wondrous game of creating sects as xianity has!

Where are the pentecostal Muslims?

As if the existing sects are not enough ? rofl rofl

The World is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
                                   Thomas Paine

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored !- Aldous Huxley
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »