Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Qur'anic studies today
April 23, 2024, 06:50 AM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 20, 2024, 12:02 PM

Lights on the way
by akay
April 19, 2024, 04:40 PM

اضواء على الطريق ....... ...
by akay
April 19, 2024, 12:50 PM

Do humans have needed kno...
April 19, 2024, 04:17 AM

What's happened to the fo...
by zeca
April 18, 2024, 06:39 PM

New Britain
April 18, 2024, 05:41 PM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: New here Duh

(Read 9009 times)
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »
  • New here Duh
     OP - April 16, 2012, 12:52 PM

Hi all, as you might be able to see from my avatar, I'm a big fan of Lebowski.

Sooooo, I'm an ex-muslim, was a member of FFI in 2008 (Yeezevee might remember me but really sorry cannot remember the username I had back then for the life of me). I haven't been on any ex-muslim forums in a long time as anything to do with Islam/Muslims was pretty triggering for me at the time as I was going through alot of stuff to do with my X trying to hunt me down and murder me (which I'm sure he's still intent on, least from his death threats directed towards me in front of a judge last year it would seem so).

I love this site, have come on quite a few times to lurk around the forums until I finally got the courage to sign up and post.

Sooooo, looking forward to getting to know you all,

Ciaow,

Da Dude Afro

• Re: New here Duh
     Reply #1 - April 16, 2012, 12:58 PM

Welcome to the forum da-dude.  Sorry to hear you have a crazy ex, high five, I feel ya lol.

Are you pretty safe now?  (well as safe as anyone can be knowing they have someone from the past intent on hunting them down)

Inhale the good shit, exhale the bullshit.
     Reply #2 - April 16, 2012, 01:03 PM

Welcome. Here's a present for your ex (sounds like he needs it in the back of his skull):

fuck you
     Reply #3 - April 16, 2012, 01:04 PM

Yes.  A picture of bullets will really put him in his place.  Grin

Reply #4 - April 16, 2012, 01:05 PM

da finga

fuck you
     Reply #5 - April 16, 2012, 01:05 PM

Make sure you print a big copy Dude.  Maximum impact is important.  turnipovich

Reply #6 - April 16, 2012, 01:06 PM

da finga

Cheesy

Reply #7 - April 16, 2012, 01:17 PM

Welcome

Parrot pie and parrot cola is on the menu today.  parrot

Enjoy.

Sorry to hear about your story, I hope you stay safe and attain happiness. Good luck.

"Nobody who lived through the '50s thought the '60s could've existed. So there's always hope."-Tuli Kupferberg

What apple stores are like.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QmZWv-eBI
     Reply #8 - April 16, 2012, 01:41 PM

Lol  Cheesy

Thanks for pic! Made me laugh! And thanks for all the welcomes!  grin12

Yeah, as safe as one could be in my situation I guess, I've had to take some major steps to prevent me from being found again (name change, location change, security locks on personal info etc...) and I still look over my shoulder everywhere I go amongst other protective actions I do. I'm divorced from him but he refuses to accept it saying that I'm still his wife and said so in court telling me that he'd still accept me back (when I know that if I'd gone back to him he would've killed me at the first opportunity), but on the same hand he had no problem telling the judge that he supported having me executed for my apostasy but that he wouldn't do it himself but rather that he would get someone else to do it. Great husband he was.  *sarcasm* piggy

Funny thing is I thought he was so much smarter than to reveal his true colors in court. The judge wasn't impressed with his behavior or his statements at all. He seemed to think that the judge would sympathize with his misogynistic and extremist mentality and was shocked when the judge put him in his place and denied him everything he'd demanded (most of them were unreasonable).

Instead the judge made orders to protect me and my kids so that he can't take them out of the country and to protect us from being found again. The him-wanting-to-have-me-executed-over-my-apostasy issue seemed to make the judge very uneasy as did my X stating that he wouldn't allow our kids to be raised by me because I am now a murtad and that he would do anything to stop that from happening. Little did he know that I'd been a murtad for well over a year before I left him, I'd just been too scared to tell him and with good reason. Psycho!  finmad

Lol, sorry rant rant rave rave  finmad

Reply #9 - April 16, 2012, 01:45 PM

So I'm guessing the judge ordered no contact then?

My judge ordered contact :(  I had to and still have to meet in a public place and hand them over. 

You are lucky your ex was stupid enough to show his true colours in court.  Mine showed some of them, but apparently they weren't enough to warrant giving me safety.  meh, whatever.  Thankfully, and surprisingly he has not killed me, so it all turned out ok.  However he certainly told me often enough he would kill me and beat me often enough that I believed him so it could have gone either way. 

Sometimes judges are fucking stupid, but sometimes they get it right.  I'm really glad to hear they got it right in your case.   dance

Reply #10 - April 16, 2012, 01:52 PM

Hi all, as you might be able to see from my avatar, I'm a big fan of Lebowski.

Sooooo, I'm an ex-muslim, was a member of FFI in 2008 (Yeezevee might remember me but really sorry cannot remember the username I had back then for the life of me). I haven't been on any ex-muslim forums in a long time as anything to do with Islam/Muslims was pretty triggering for me at the time as I was going through alot of stuff to do with my X trying to hunt me down and murder me (which I'm sure he's still intent on, least from his death threats directed towards me in front of a judge last year it would seem so).

I love this site, have come on quite a few times to lurk around the forums until I finally got the courage to sign up and post.

Sooooo, looking forward to getting to know you all,

Ciaow,

Da Dude Afro

Da Dude ., be careful of that  site.,   Rascals like yeezevee is lurking at people like you to trap ... I strongly advise not to go back to ffi..  well Ok. read it but don't write in to it..

by the way this yeezevee is different from that guy.,

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

Reply #11 - April 16, 2012, 01:54 PM

Yes.  A picture of bullets will really put him in his place.  Grin

well that guy is trying to sell his gun . no one buying it., so now he is selling rubber bullets...   Cheesy

Reply #12 - April 16, 2012, 02:04 PM

Welcome Da Dude Smiley

i like the name which is ironic considering you are not da dude Tongue

"I'm standing here like an asshole holding my Charles Dickens"

"No theory,No ready made system,no book that has ever been written to save the world. i cleave to no system.."-Bakunin
     Reply #13 - April 16, 2012, 02:05 PM

Lol  Cheesy

.. (name change, location change, security locks on personal info etc...) ..............

crazy people stupid religions..  They put people in to so much trouble in life .,  Well Keep smiling .. Smiling through troubles is the best way to live life dear Da_Dude. My best wishes to you and to your kids....

Few words like below could replace all the stuff all mosques, temples, synagogues , churches all over the globe..

Reply #14 - April 16, 2012, 02:18 PM

Da Dude ., be careful of that  site.,   Rascals like yeezevee is lurking at people like you to trap ... I strongly advise not to go back to ffi..  well Ok. read it but don't write in to it..

by the way this yeezevee is different from that guy.,

with best wishes
    yeezevee

Really? Not the same person? How come your grammar and postings and use of many quotes in posts on this site seem so similar to the yeezevee on FFI??? Wish I could remember the username I had on FFI, as then you'd probably know who I was. I was on there for quite awhile.

So I'm guessing the judge ordered no contact then?

My judge ordered contact :(  I had to and still have to meet in a public place and hand them over.  

You are lucky your ex was stupid enough to show his true colours in court.  Mine showed some of them, but apparently they weren't enough to warrant giving me safety.  meh, whatever.  Thankfully, and surprisingly he has not killed me, so it all turned out ok.  However he certainly told me often enough he would kill me and beat me often enough that I believed him so it could have gone either way.  

Sometimes judges are fucking stupid, but sometimes they get it right.  I'm really glad to hear they got it right in your case.   dance

Yep, the judge gave him no contact. There was heaps of physical evidence as well though, he'd been sentenced several years prior for assaulting me causing grevious bodily harm (he should've been done for rape as well but the cops talked me out of pressing charges for sexual assault as they said that even though there was enough forensic evidence to prove rape that juries just don't hand down guilty verdicts for marital rape) He'd also had had other charges for violence against the public after I'd left him (which I had no idea about until it went through court).

Also 'cause child-protection had got involved when I was with him (due to the violence), many of his statements to child-protection went against him, child-protection had stated in their reports that he is to never spend time with the kids not even supervised. The fact that he is a member of a certain organization (one that is banned in a few Western countries other than the one I'm in now) gave both the ICL and the judge lots to worry about. He lied alot in court but it all back-fired on him because the ICL and the judge had done their homework.

I'm sorry that your judge gave your X contact :( and yeah judges can be really stupid sometimes. I know, I've had one of those too (regards to the assault by my X - all he got was anger management classes and a 2 year good behavior bond, like what the fuck is that supposed to do???)
    I'm sorry your X was such an arse.  finmad but I'm glad he hasn't followed through on his threats.

Reply #15 - April 16, 2012, 02:24 PM

Welcome Da Dude Smiley

i like the name which is ironic considering you are not da dude Tongue

Thanks for the welcome & I know it is ironic made me giggle when I created the username.  grin12

Reply #16 - April 16, 2012, 03:14 PM

Welcome, Da Dude. Seems like you ex was really not someone I'd like to meet. Ever. Did he changed after you married him ?
    Well, it's a good thing you are safe now. I hope that doesn't prevent you from seeing your family.
     Reply #17 - April 16, 2012, 03:42 PM

Welcome to the forum Da_Dude, have a rabbit!  bunny

Wow, Muslim men can be some real psychos. Glad I never became one of them.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #18 - April 16, 2012, 03:44 PM

Welcome Da Dude!  Glad you finally made it to CEMB.  This is the
    end of the track, no need to go anywhere else now LOL.  

did you go to a sharia court or a western court?  Im anyfinding more
    and more folks are having to go to sharia courts in western countries.

anyhow, have a welcome jinn on me!

ghost

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #19 - April 16, 2012, 03:45 PM

Hi, welcome! Smiley And I hope your ex gains back his sanity, or that an anvil drops on his head. Here's a bunny:  bunny

Self ban for Ramadan (THAT RHYMES)

Expect me to come back a Muslim. Cool Tongue j/k we'll see..
     Reply #20 - April 16, 2012, 03:52 PM

Really? Not the same person? How come your grammar and postings and use of many quotes in posts on this site seem so similar to the yeezevee on FFI??? Wish I could remember the username I had on FFI, as then you'd probably know who I was. I was on there for quite awhile.

Yep, the judge gave him no contact. There was heaps of physical evidence as well though, he'd been sentenced several years prior for assaulting me causing grevious bodily harm (he should've been done for rape as well but the cops talked me out of pressing charges for sexual assault as they said that even though there was enough forensic evidence to prove rape that juries just don't hand down guilty verdicts for marital rape) He'd also had had other charges for violence against the public after I'd left him (which I had no idea about until it went through court).

Also 'cause child-protection had got involved when I was with him (due to the violence), many of his statements to child-protection went against him, child-protection had stated in their reports that he is to never spend time with the kids not even supervised. The fact that he is a member of a certain organization (one that is banned in a few Western countries other than the one I'm in now) gave both the ICL and the judge lots to worry about. He lied alot in court but it all back-fired on him because the ICL and the judge had done their homework.

I'm sorry that your judge gave your X contact :( and yeah judges can be really stupid sometimes. I know, I've had one of those too (regards to the assault by my X - all he got was anger management classes and a 2 year good behavior bond, like what the fuck is that supposed to do???)
    I'm sorry your X was such an arse.  finmad but I'm glad he hasn't followed through on his threats.

Oh there was physical evidence, heaps of it too.  I keep it still, even though it's been years and years since my court case.  They found my ex guilty of abuse.............and then said "but that does not mean he shouldn't see his kids, sorry love, it makes no difference".  Also keeping in mind he threatened my barrister meaning my barrister had to step down and become a witness, he accused to court of racism and had the judges changed.  He even threatened the cafcass officer and she herself told me that she could easily see why I was afraid of him......but she then went on to recommend contact.

Know why?

cos the kids wanted it and this judge and cafcass officer decided that what the kids want, the kids get.

meh.  It makes me angry still to think of how they failed me, and believe me, it hasn't all been plain sailing.  He has threatened and still threatens me to date.  But I'm not scared anymore.  I made peace with the idea that I would kill him myself if he ever tried, ages ago. 

Anyway that's in the past, and yours is about to become part of the past too.

How many kids do you have?  I left with 3 before I realised the abuse would never change.

Reply #21 - April 16, 2012, 04:35 PM

Ugh, that's awful Berb! Crazy judges.  finmad :(

I've come to the same conclusion with my X, I was so scared for so long but now feel like if he were to do a home-invasion on me, if I got half-the-chance, I would fight to the very end, not going to go down without fighting. If I get shot walking out my front door though, wouldn't have a chance.

I had 3 but my first was a miscarriage due to me being booted in the stomach repeatedly by my X. I was terrified after I had my last one that I would fall preggos again as the X wouldn't allow me to use contraception. I wanted to get an abortion after I fell pregnant with my third one as I couldn't fathom any way to get out if I had another (getting out with one child was frightening enough without trying to leave with another one). But I'm so glad I didn't get the abortion I wanted to get as my son is adorable. Fortunately I left when my son was just a baby, so he doesn't remember anything. My daughter though has some memories although I think they are fading for her. She was one traumatized kid, saw my X raping me and bashing me and she herself was the brunt of some of his violence.

He also had me bashed by some of his friends in a public place in front of my kids some 6 weeks after I left him. I thought I was going to die but it was just a warning, they basically kicked into me repeatedly all over including my head and punched me repeatedly calling me a slut for not wearing the hijab and that if I didn't go back to my X that next time they would cut my head off. They also sexually assaulted me but I didn't tell the cops about the fact that they'd sexually assaulted me as I was in so much emotional pain over the whole thing and couldn't cope with it all. I was so scared I tried to get the DVO dropped and wanted to go back to him so that I wouldn't end up dead, but child-protection told me that if I went back to him that I would loose the kids. Instead they moved us far away.
    He got off on that because even though there was a DVO in place, he technically couldn't be charged because he wasn't there (he'd directed them to do it but hadn't done it himself) when I'd been bashed. It was some of his friends who did it and I wasn't able to identify them by name because I wasn't allowed to meet or talk to his friends and only knew them by face.

Welcome Da Dude!  Glad you finally made it to CEMB.  This is the
    end of the track, no need to go anywhere else now LOL.  

did you go to a sharia court or a western court?  Im anyfinding more
    and more folks are having to go to sharia courts in western countries.

anyhow, have a welcome jinn on me!

ghost

Western court, they haven't set up any shariah courts in the country I'm in although they certainly have tried. Thanks for the welcome jin lol  dance
     Reply #22 - April 16, 2012, 04:55 PM

Ugh, that's awful Berb! Crazy judges.  finmad :(

I've come to the same conclusion with my X, I was so scared for so long but now feel like if he were to do a home-invasion on me, if I got half-the-chance, I would fight to the very end, not going to go down without fighting. If I get shot walking out my front door though, wouldn't have a chance.

I had 3 but my first was a miscarriage due to me being booted in the stomach repeatedly by my X. I was terrified after I had my last one that I would fall preggos again as the X wouldn't allow me to use contraception. I wanted to get an abortion after I fell pregnant with my third one as I couldn't fathom any way to get out if I had another (getting out with one child was frightening enough without trying to leave with another one). But I'm so glad I didn't get the abortion I wanted to get as my son is adorable. Fortunately I left when my son was just a baby, so he doesn't remember anything. My daughter though has some memories although I think they are fading for her. She was one traumatized kid, saw my X raping me and bashing me and she herself was the brunt of some of his violence.

He also had me bashed by some of his friends in a public place in front of my kids some 6 weeks after I left him. I thought I was going to die but it was just a warning, they basically kicked into me repeatedly all over including my head and punched me repeatedly calling me a slut for not wearing the hijab and that if I didn't go back to my X that next time they would cut my head off. They also sexually assaulted me but I didn't tell the cops about the fact that they'd sexually assaulted me as I was in so much emotional pain over the whole thing and couldn't cope with it all. I was so scared I tried to get the DVO dropped and wanted to go back to him so that I wouldn't end up dead, but child-protection told me that if I went back to him that I would loose the kids. Instead they moved us far away.
    He got off on that because even though there was a DVO in place, he technically couldn't be charged because he wasn't there (he'd directed them to do it but hadn't done it himself) when I'd been bashed. It was some of his friends who did it and I wasn't able to identify them by name because I wasn't allowed to meet or talk to his friends and only knew them by face.

Western court, they haven't set up any shariah courts in the country I'm in although they certainly have tried. Thanks for the welcome jin lol  dance

OMFG, wow, that is just horrible.  My ex threatened to get his friends on me too, to throw acid in my face, but thankfully it never happened.

Mind you when I ran away, I went straight into a women's refuge and all he could do was threaten to cut my parents up if I didn't come back.............to my parents.  Also tried to beat it out of my sister's husband, but my sister is tough, she just laughed and called the police on him telling him "go on I dare you, my sister might be scared to take you down, but I have no qualms about that"

I'm sorry to hear they actually managed to get you and do that to you.  Fucking disgusted.  It's bad enough to know that some men are happy to abuse their partners, but to know that their friends are happy to do it too is..............well I think about the words to describe it and none really convey how angry it makes me.

For me it's my daughter who was born free of it, she is my most stable child since she never saw any of it.  My eldest was the most effected, he saw everything. 

Now that you are free from him, your daughter is finally going to be able to move past this stuff.  Do you have some kind of therapy going on for her at school or anything?  art therapy or drama therapy?  its been done with my kids.  Just to help them express the way it all made them feel.

I find it so hard to forgive myself for staying and letting the kids get damaged like that. 

Well, thankfully you're out and so are they.  I wish you so much luck and strength to get yourself and your kids to where you want to be be in life.   dance

Reply #23 - April 16, 2012, 05:16 PM

Welcome Da_Dude. OMG you have been through some completely horrendous stuff and I feel for you. Thank god you are in a happier, safer place with your life now and can look forward to a better and brighter future with your children. Good luck and heartfelt best wishes in all that you do; it's all about the future now  Smiley
     Reply #24 - April 16, 2012, 05:18 PM

Welcome Da_Dude. Your story is heart breaking. I'm glad you found this place and decided to join up. far away hug

BTW, The Big Lebowski is my favourite movie of all time too Afro

"Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused."
     Reply #25 - April 16, 2012, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I went into a women's refuge too, but the X had an electrician friend who knew where all the local refuges were, so the cops reckon that's how I might've been tracked down. The cops were livid about it. All they could do was move us to a different refuge hours away.

I find it hard to forgive myself for staying so long and letting my kids go through that too. I know what you mean.

She's gone to both art and music therapy. She's a much happier girl than she used to be.

I'm glad you got out too, it's good being able to talk to someone who understands what it's like. Most of my friends don't know about my past as I worry about compromising our safety, and the ones that do don't really understand it, the whole background thing. Thanks for the replies btw, it's nice to be able to talk about this stuff and not have someone jump down my throat for being "Islamaphobic" (have even had a social worker do this) or "anti-muslim". I get so sick of political correctness.

Again, thanks and hope that your life brings you and your children much happiness!  13

Thanks allat and Azuremist for the welcomes! And yeah allat The Big Lebowski comes in second for me after 28 Days Later. There are some movies I watch over and over again with no problem and they are at the top of my list.
     Reply #26 - April 16, 2012, 05:56 PM

Hi - are you in the UK?

Very cool to see a female Lebowski fan, always thought it was a bit of a guys movie

*learns lesson about gender stereotyping in cinema*

edit: I just read the rest of your posts and you not only mention barristers, you also say arse and not ass

*I am Sherlock Holmes*

"we can smell traitors and country haters"

God is Love.
    Love is Blind. Stevie Wonder is blind. Therefore, Stevie Wonder is God.

Reply #27 - April 16, 2012, 06:22 PM

BTW, The Big Lebowski is my favourite movie of all time too Afro

Really? Wow! Ladies here are very cool.

God is Love.

Reply #28 - April 16, 2012, 06:22 PM

Fucking hell.

God is Love.

Reply #29 - April 16, 2012, 06:40 PM

Hi - are you in the UK?

Very cool to see a female Lebowski fan, always thought it was a bit of a guys movie

*learns lesson about gender stereotyping in cinema*

edit: I just read the rest of your posts and you not only mention barristers, you also say arse and not ass

*I am Sherlock Holmes*

Thinking hard barristers? arse/ass? I'm confused lol. Is arse the wrong way to spell it? I thought an ass was a donkey lol.

No, I'm not in the UK

And thanks for the Lebowski comment, I've only ever known men to like that movie, for some reason girls (well the ones that I know anyway) don't seem to dig it.
  • 12 3 Next page « Previous thread | Next thread »