Skip navigation
Sidebar -

Advanced search options →

Welcome

Welcome to CEMB forum.
Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Donations

Help keep the Forum going!
Click on Kitty to donate:

Kitty is lost

Recent Posts

Do humans have needed kno...
Today at 07:25 AM

New Britain
Today at 12:05 AM

Iran launches drones
April 13, 2024, 09:56 PM

عيد مبارك للجميع! ^_^
by akay
April 12, 2024, 04:01 PM

Eid-Al-Fitr
by akay
April 12, 2024, 12:06 PM

What's happened to the fo...
April 11, 2024, 01:00 AM

Lights on the way
by akay
February 01, 2024, 12:10 PM

Mock Them and Move on., ...
January 30, 2024, 10:44 AM

Pro Israel or Pro Palesti...
January 29, 2024, 01:53 PM

Pakistan: The Nation.....
January 28, 2024, 02:12 PM

Gaza assault
January 27, 2024, 01:08 PM

Nawal El Saadawi: Egypt's...
January 27, 2024, 12:24 PM

Theme Changer

Topic: Weekly Blasphemy News across the Globe

(Read 3027 times)
  • 1« Previous thread | Next thread »
  • Weekly Blasphemy News across the Globe
     OP - April 15, 2012, 10:42 AM

Weekly Blasphemy News across the Globe

Despite innocent verdict, blasphemy accused shot dead by maulvi in Land of Pure  _Published: April 15, 2012

LAHORE: An elderly man, recently released from prison after acquittal by the court on proving innocent in a blasphemy case, was shot dead by the complainant in the Farooqabad area of Sheikhupura.

80-year-old Iqbal Butt was on his way home on a motorcycle rikshaw when he was shot dead when the accuser Maulvi Waqas and an unidentified accomplice chased him on a motorcycle and opened fire, resulting in his death.

Javed Butt, stepson of Iqbal Butt said the Maulvi Waqas accused his father of blasphemy just to settle score with him after they exchanged some harsh words during an argument earlier on. The accused put pressure on police through protest of clerics and succeeded in registering a case against Iqbal, added Javed.

After the case was registered, the police arrested Iqbal and he was jailed but on December 30, 2011 he was honourably acquitted due to lack of evidence.

SHO PS city Farooqabad, Inspector Muhammad Idrees, while talking to The Express Tribune said that the deceased was found innocent during the course of investigation. He said that even after the decision of the Ulema’s committee of the city police, had formally declared him innocent.

“The complainant Maulvi Waqas, a Khateeb of a local Mosque, was unhappy with the acquittal and he along with an unknown accomplice shot Iqbal Butt,” the Investigation Officer (IO) Sub Inspector Javed Mehmood said.

A case has been registered against Waqas and his unknown accomplice but no arrests have been made as yet. According to police, raids are being conducted to find the accused.

And that guy was an 80-year-old Iqbal Butt.. 80 year old..   I think Every one  in long beards with Allahooo akabaar sounds coming out of their froth filled mouths should be clean shaved and their mouths should be duck taped inb the land of pure..

Do not let silence become your legacy.. Question everything   
    I renounced my faith to become a kafir, 
    the beloved betrayed me and turned in to  a Muslim

• Re: Weekly Blasphemy News across the Globe
     Reply #1 - April 15, 2012, 10:46 AM

Blasphemy Laws: Man jailed for burning Holy Quran_Published: March 16, 2012

MUZAFFARABAD: A court on Tuesday jailed a 42-year-old man for life for burning the Holy Quran, officials said. Naseem Ahmed, father of three, was arrested last June on charges of desecrating the Holy Scripture in Lasda village in Kashmir, about 40 kilometres east of Muzaffarabad. The farmer was found guilty under blasphemy laws that make defaming Islam punishable by death...

That is from Land of Pure..

Reply #2 - April 15, 2012, 11:00 AM

Shia leader faces blasphemy charges  says news from Indonesia

The Madurese Shia leader who became a target of arson recently in the wake of mounting suspicion by mainstream Muslims about misleading practices, is now facing prosecution in relation to religious blasphemy.   Tajul Muluk was named a suspect last month and his case was handed to the Sampang prosecutor’s office on Thursday afternoon.

Head of Sampang Prosecutors’ Office, Danang Purwoko, said the arrest had been made for the sake of Tajul’s own safety, considering that he was not accepted by the local community. The prosecutor’s move, he said, was expected to put an end to the conflict in Sampang.

“We will bring Tajul’s case to court as soon as possible,” Danang said on Friday, adding that his office guaranteed Tajul’s safety while in detention at the Sampang detention center.

His statement came following criticism from the Commission for Missing Persons and Victims of Violence (KontraS) over alleged hostilities directed at Tajul from other detainees.

Coordinator of KontraS Surabaya, Andy Irfan, said the commission had received the complaints from Tajul’s family.

He said Tajul was placed in the same cell other detainees, who were mostly criminals.

“He received both life and physical threats,” Andy said on Friday.  KontraS condemned the arrest as violating human rights and the freedom of religion.

Tajul was named a suspect for alleged religious blasphemy as well as for public inconvenience on March 15, by the East Java Police.

His suspect status was made following a report filed in January by Tajul’s brother cleric Rois Al Hukuma, who accused Tajul of tarnishing Islam. Rois made his accusation based on an edict issued by the Indonesian Ulema Council’s (MUI) Sampang branch that was critical of Tajul Muluk’s teaching.

The attack on his pesantren [Islamic boarding school] on Dec. 29 left a school and worship house burned down in Nangkrenang village, Sampang.

The house of another Shia follower in Gadhing Laok village, Bluuran subdistrict, Karangpenang also suffered an attack from the crowd.

The attacks forced over 300 to flee for refuge at the indoor tennis court belonging to the Sampang regency administration, some 20 kilometers from their home village.

And that news is from April 15, 2012  Jakarta Post

Reply #3 - April 15, 2012, 12:09 PM

The mother of a 6-month-old girl has been   jailed for  blasphemy  say news_ April 12, 2012|

LAHORE, Pakistan – The mother of a 6-month-old girl has been wrongly jailed for more than a month, as Pakistani authorities have failed to file a charge sheet within the mandatory 14-day period against the young Christian woman falsely accused of "blaspheming" the prophet of Islam, her attorney said.

Shamim Bibi, 26, of village Chak No. 170/7R Colony, in the Fort Abbas area of Bahawalpur district, was charged under Section 295-C of Pakistan's "blasphemy" statutes after neighbors accused her of uttering remarks against Muhammad. She was arrested on Feb. 28.

Speaking ill of Muhammad in Pakistan is punishable by life imprisonment or death under Pakistan's internationally condemned blasphemy laws.

"Shamim has been implicated in a completely baseless case," said her husband, Bashir Masih. "I was present with her at the time of the alleged incident … nothing of the sort happened. The Muslims cooked up a false story, though it's still not clear who provoked them into leveling this accusation."

After visiting his wife in jail today, Bashir told Compass by phone that she was holding fast to her Christian faith and firmly believed that God would rescue her soon from the false charge. Shamim Bibi's family had earlier told Compass that she had been accused because she had resisted pressure to convert to Islam four days before her arrest. Three relatives had become Muslims on Feb. 24 and urged her to do the same, and when she refused, neighbors on Feb. 27 accused her of making derogatory remarks – as yet unknown – about Muhammad. Bahawalnagar Superintendent of Police Investigation Irfan Ullah has acknowledged that one of the two witnesses had admitted to not being present at the alleged "crime" scene at the time of the alleged remark.

Well for the past 10 years I must have posted 1000s of such cases but fools in land of pure  LIKE MY GOOD FRIEND IMRAN KHAN who support Blasphemy laws do not use common sense neither he realize problems of   supporting such deviant deadly laws by state in Land of pure..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RynykMTNCH0

such a fooool..

Reply #4 - April 15, 2012, 02:31 PM

Kamran Ayyazi., Irsn_The Blasphemer and  Prisoner of the day

Kamran Ayyazi sentenced to 9 years in prison and 160 lashes for "blasphemy"

Dr. Kamran Ayyazi, a dentist, is one of the unknown prisoners of ward 350 of Evin Prison. Ayyazi was arrested in early February 2011 on charges of “blasphemy," and "assembly and collusion against national security." He has been in prison for over a year. Based on reports from Evin prison, the initial trial of Ayyazi was held in Branch 28 of Tehran’s Revolutionary Court, based on an indictment that included charges of "moharebeh," (enmity with God). The court sentenced Kamran Ayyazi to nine years in prison and 160 lashes. Currently, a separate case file against Ayyazi is in progress on charges of "apostasy" and "insulting the Prophet." The reason for the charges and his prosecution was Ayyazi's membership in Goftogoo online forum and writing in his personal blogs using critical humor on religious and ideological issues.

That is from this link

Reply #5 - April 16, 2012, 12:43 AM

Wow, so many people in prison for frivolous nonsense.

9 Years, that is too freaking harsh, I mean you put a murderer in prison to deter murder u put a thief in prison to prevent more robberies and shit like that but how will u stop someoen from Blaspheming? ?

makes no sense.

Reply #6 - April 16, 2012, 01:16 AM

Yeez... D:   

What hadith or koran verses discuss the consequence of blasphemy, specifically?
    Or is this a later addition from the fucking mullahs?

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #7 - April 16, 2012, 01:41 AM

There seem to me to be a very basic problem for religious humans to be charging in courts of law other humans with crimes like blasphemy, apostasy and enmity with God. That problem would be lack of faith that the god they teach has the ability to take care of such issues. Perhaps supporters of   such laws should really take a closer look at what these kinds of activities really say.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #8 - April 16, 2012, 01:45 AM

Lynna, note that many of these folks are Shia, or not even muslim
    at all.  I cant help but abhore a god who condones this shit!

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.
    Helen Keller
     Reply #9 - April 16, 2012, 02:17 AM

Lynna, note that many of these folks are Shia, or not even muslim
    at all.  I cant help but abhore a god who condones this shit!

Exactly Jinn and Tonic, I read that the people charged were a Christian lady,  a Shia, some that were not mmm... "mainstream" Islam. If people actually had faith about God being merciful and kind judge of humanity why would they need to do such a cruel thing to someone  for just an idea? It doesn't  make sense.  I also would abhor a God that condoned these laws as well. God allows  us to choose our own course in life never by force unless we're  damaging other which ideas alone don't  do. Perhaps Islam is different.

If at first you succeed...try something harder.

Failing isn't falling down. Failing is not getting back up again.
     Reply #10 - April 16, 2012, 03:48 AM

Wow, so many people in prison for frivolous nonsense.

9 Years, that is too freaking harsh, I mean you put a murderer in prison to deter murder u put a thief in prison to prevent more robberies and shit like that but how will u stop someoen from Blaspheming? ?

makes no sense.

It's not so much that they blasphemed against a god. It's that they flout the sacred tenets that are the foundation of the clerical elite's authority. In order for these contrived religious power seats to remain intact and indisputable, the flimsy religious basis must remain sacrosanct. These prisoners are political prisoners.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #11 - April 16, 2012, 04:24 AM

It's not so much that they blasphemed against a god. It's that they flout the sacred tenets that are the foundation of the clerical elite's authority. In order for these contrived religious power seats to remain intact and indisputable, the flimsy religious basis must remain sacrosanct. These prisoners are political prisoners.

Best sentence evar.

how fuck works without shit??

Let's Play Chess!

harakaat, friend, RIP
     Reply #12 - April 16, 2012, 04:57 AM

Case in point

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/13/indian-skeptic-charged-with.html

Sanal Edamaruku, an Indian skeptic, went to Mumbai and revealed that a "miraculous" weeping cross was really just a bit of statuary located near a leaky drain whose liquid reached it by way of capillary action. The local Catholic Church demanded that he retract his statements, and when he refused, they had him arrested for blasphemy.

On 10th March, Sanal Edamaruku, President of the Rationalist International, flew to Mumbai. The TV channel TV-9 had invited him to investigate a “miracle” that caused local excitement. He went with the TV team to Irla in Vile Parle to inspect the crucifix standing there in front of the Church of Our Lady of Velankanni. This crucifix had become the centre of attraction for an ever growing crowd of believers coming from far and wide. The news of the miracle spread like wild fire. For some days, there were little droplets of water trickling from Jesus’ feet. Hundreds of people came every day to pray and collect some of the “holy water” in bottles and vessels. Sanal Edamaruku identified the source of the water (a drainage near a washing room) and the mechanism how it reached Jesus feet (capillary action). The local church leaders, present during his investigation, appeared to be displeased.

Some hours later, in a live program on TV-9, Sanal explained his findings and accused the concerned Catholic Church officials of miracle mongering, as they were beating the big drum for the drippling Jesus statue with aggressive PR measures and by distributing photographs certifying the “miracle”. A heated debate began, in which the five church people, among them Fr. Augustine Palett, the priest of Our Lady of Velankanni church, and representatives of the Association of Concerned Catholics (AOCC) demanded that Sanal apologize. But Sanal refused and argued against them. [The whole TV program is recorded. You can watch an abridged version of it on YouTube.]

When they saw Sanal refused to bow to their demands, they threatened to file a blasphemy case against him. And they did. Yesterday (10th April,2012) Sanal received a phone call from a Police official of Juhu Police Station in Mumbai directing him to come to the said police station to face the charges and get arrested. He also said that FIRs have also been filed in Andheri and some other police stations u/s 295 of Indian Penal Code on the allegations of hurting the religious sentiments of a particular community. Mumbai police has announced that they were out to arrest him. It is apprehended that he can be arrested any moment.

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #13 - April 16, 2012, 05:23 AM

Yep. Such a visible and unashamed abuse of power.

Too fucking busy, and vice versa.
     Reply #14 - April 16, 2012, 07:46 AM

Case in point

http://boingboing.net/2012/04/13/indian-skeptic-charged-with.html

Sanal Edamaruku, an Indian skeptic, went to Mumbai and revealed that a "miraculous" weeping cross was really just a bit of statuary located near a leaky drain whose liquid reached it by way of capillary action. The local Catholic Church demanded that he retract his statements, and when he refused, they had him arrested for blasphemy.

“It is nothing new that the Catholic bishops try to sentence their opponents to the stake when they run out of arguments. Giordano Bruno’s is a case in point. But try as they may, they cannot stop me to stand for reason, science and historic facts. And I am not alone. Freedom of expression is under attack and we are going to defend it!”  -Sanal Edamaruku

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfJ6_ftih0s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUqhq9MuRG8

Update - Sanal Edamaruku under attack for exposing Catholic "miracle"

FIR against rationalist, cops call him for questioning

Reply #15 - April 16, 2012, 10:00 AM

yup, that is it pretty much.

Reply #16 - April 16, 2012, 12:01 PM

The mother of a 6-month-old girl Accused of 'Blasphemy' In Land of Purse says news_Apr 15, 2012

LAHORE, Pakistan – The mother of a 6-month-old girl has been wrongly jailed for more than a month, as Pakistani authorities have failed to file a charge sheet within the mandatory 14-day period against the young Christian woman falsely accused of "blaspheming" the prophet of Islam, her attorney said.

Shamim Bibi, 26, of village Chak No. 170/7R Colony, in the Fort Abbas area of Bahawalpur district, was charged under Section 295-C of Pakistan's "blasphemy" statutes after neighbors accused her of uttering remarks against Muhammad. She was arrested on Feb. 28.

Speaking ill of Muhammad in Pakistan is punishable by life imprisonment or death under Pakistan's internationally condemned blasphemy laws.

"Shamim has been implicated in a completely baseless case," said her husband, Bashir Masih. "I was present with her at the time of the alleged incident … nothing of the sort happened. The Muslims cooked up a false story, though it's still not clear who provoked them into leveling this accusation." After visiting his wife in jail today, Bashir told Compass by phone that she was holding fast to her Christian faith and firmly believed that God would rescue her soon from the false charge. ...Ansar Ali Shah, a local prayer leader in Chak 170/7R Colony, claimed that Shamim Bibi's neighbors, Hamad Ahmed Hashmi and Abdul Qayyum, told him and other Muslims that they had heard the Christian woman making derogatory remarks about Muhammad in her courtyard, according to the First Information Report (FIR No. 30/12) registered by the Khichiwala police station. But there is no indication in the FIR of what, exactly, Shamim Bibi was alleged to have said...[

read it all at the link..

Reply #17 - April 16, 2012, 02:25 PM

Egypt arrests Christian over Muhammad drawing  Says news
    CAIRO — Egyptian authorities have detained a Coptic Christian student accused of posting a drawing of Islam's prophet on Facebook that triggered two days of violence in southern Egypt.  Gamal Massoud has been accused by fellow students of ridiculing the Prophet Muhammad.  According to a security official, the 17-year-old student denies that and says friends posted the picture on his Facebook page. The official spoke Saturday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

Since Wednesday, villagers have attacked Massoud's house while chanting "Allahu akbar," or "God is Great."

They have set fire to other Christians' houses. Many Christian villagers fearing retaliation have left their homes.  Security forces intervened, using tear gas to disperse Muslim protesters.

I don't know about the GOD., but your god is pathetic  and impotent who need you brutes to control a 17 year old boy...

Reply #18 - April 16, 2012, 02:31 PM

Deleted

So once again I'm left with the classic Irish man's dilemma, do I eat the potato or do I let it ferment so I can drink it later?
    My political philosophy below
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGat4i8pJI&feature=g-vrec
    Just kidding, here are some true heros
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBTgvK6LQqA
     Reply #19 - April 16, 2012, 09:38 PM

Two Tunisian men sentenced to seven years in prison for blasphemy  says news

Jabeur Mejri (L) and Ghazi Beji were convicted by a Tunisian court after publishing content deemed defamatory.

A Tunisian court has sentenced two young men to seven years in prison for publishing caricatures of the Prophet Mohammed, the justice ministry said Thursday.

“They were sentenced, one of them in absentia, to seven years in prison, for transgressing morality, defamation and disrupting public order,” ministry spokesman Chokri Nefti said, adding that the sentence was handed down late last month.

On March 28, a primary court in the coastal city of Mahdia, sentenced the two men, Jabeur Mejri and Ghazi Beji, both in their late twenties. to seven years in prison and a fine of 1200 Tunisian Dinars (around USD $800) each over the use of social networks to publish content deemed blasphemous.

Mejri and Beji were put on trial following a complaint filed by a group of residents in Mahdia.

The League of Tunisian Humanists condemned the sentence and complained about the “unclear circumstances that surrounded the trial.”

Beji wrote a book called the Illusion of Islam&, discussing his views about Islam and religion. Mejri, also wrote a book. Dark Land, where he “cursed the government, Islamists, and expressed his hatred towards Arabs.
    According to the news web portal, Tunisia Live, Mejri, an English teacher, is currently in custody following his arrest by Tunisian police in early March. Beji, who is a 27 year-old biotechnology food engineer, managed to flee Tunisia and is currently in Greece seeking asylum.

The representative of Human Rights Watch in Tunisia, Emna Galeli, was quoted by the news website saying that the organization considered the judgment an attack on freedom of expression and freedom of belief.

In an interview with Tunisia Live, Beji, who describes himself as an atheist, said After the Revolution, in March 2011, I said to myself Tunisia is a free and democratic country now and I should try to publish my book. I contacted several book publishers in Mahdia but they all refused to publish it. So I opted to upload it online.

Reply #20 - April 16, 2012, 09:58 PM

Ishina.. its bad enough being blasphemous against the koran.
    what really gets me is blasphemy against mohammad.
    Like he is a god himself. 

Helen Keller
     Reply #21 - April 16, 2012, 10:01 PM

^ Good point Jinn.

I hope people spread the hadiths about arabs being superior so Mo's blatant racism is more widely known.
     Reply #22 - May 20, 2012, 01:32 PM

Hamad al-Naqi will plead Not guilty’  on blasphemy charge

Hamad al-Naqi  of  KUWAIT who was  charged with defaming the Prophet Mohammad on Twitter and insulting the rulers of Bahrain and Saudi Arabia will plead not guilty at his trial on 21 May.  The case of Shiite Muslim Hamad al-Naqi, who faces up to 10 years in jail if convicted, has caused uproar in the Gulf Arab state, where activists have called for him to be put to death.

• Weekly Blasphemy News across the Globe
     Reply #23 - October 29, 2013, 01:34 PM

Well  that last post was about Hamad al-Naqi of Kuwait.,

that is 22 year old  Hamad al-Naqi ..

To day's news from that AhluBayt News Agency Says "Kuwait upholds 10-year jail sentence against Shiite tweeter"

(Ahlul Bayt News Agency) - Kuwait's court of appeals on Monday upheld a 10-year jail term against a Shiite tweeter allegedly for remarks deemed offensive to the rulers of fellow Gulf states Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Monday's ruling highlights the escalating crackdowns in the Gulf on perceived online dissent and the deepening cooperation among Gulf nations, fearing political challenges inspired by the Arab Spring.

Saudi Arabia led a Gulf military force in 2011 that helped Bahrain's Sunni monarchy battle an uprising seeking a greater political voice which more than 110 people have been killed since then. On March 14, 2011, troops from Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates invaded the country to assist the Bahraini government in its crackdown on the peaceful protesters.

Hamad al-Naqi, 23, who has been in jail since March 2012, was found guilty of the religious insults and of criticising the leaders of neighbouring Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, according to the court ruling. He was handed the heavy sentence by a lower court in June last year. The ruling can still be challenged in the supreme court.

He posted the offensive messages on two Twitter accounts in February and March of 2012, according to the ruling. Naqi said his Twitter accounts were hacked during that period. In recent months, Kuwait has jailed tweeters and activists. Opposition activists have also been jailed for using Twitter to insult the emir of the oil-rich Gulf state...

That is what Islam and FUCKING so-called kings  of Islam have done since the time that Alleged Prophet of Islam  and his four rightly Caliphs died..  This persecution of folks who were questioning these Islamic Feudal bastards  is going on in Islam since the death of  Ali Ibn Abi Taleb .. alleged Prophet's Son in-law  from the year 661 to this day..

• 1« Previous thread | Next thread »